• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I think with this list Synchro does need to die, gonna unvote from Wam to avoid funny business.

Unvote

Wam

Smash Ace
You do realise with a tie its whoever's got to the number (5 in this case) 1st.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Wam Wam what are your thoughts on being the secondary wagon both days? I know people have said you are always scummy, so is this normal for you? Do you think scum see you as an easy target and are trying to get you out?

Wam

Smash Ace
Which is what sync meant by even if they vote wam it doesn't change anything.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
You do realise with a tie its whoever's got to the number (5 in this case) 1st.
Its 6 I think, and I realize that yah. Funny business as in a sudden swing to hammer you. Don't think they would try that because its to open, but no point in taking unnecessary risks.

Wam

Smash Ace
Wam Wam what are your thoughts on being the secondary wagon both days? I know people have said you are always scummy, so is this normal for you? Do you think scum see you as an easy target and are trying to get you out?
I'm used to it and yes I think I'm seen as an easy target.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
Talk to me about who you think best fits with Fonti and Frozen? Saying me is allowed here.
I'm not really interested in figuring out the scum team as much as yeeting scummy people, at least until there's evidence as to how the setup is structured. As I said, there's a good chance there's an indy or more than 3 scum in some fashion. I think you guys should stop focusing so much on teams tomorrow.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
Its 6 I think, and I realize that yah. Funny business as in a sudden swing to hammer you. Don't think they would try that because its to open, but no point in taking unnecessary risks.
The thing is, that would be extremely informative. If wam flipped town, we would basically be outting a scum member.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I'm not really interested in figuring out the scum team as much as yeeting scummy people, at least until there's evidence as to how the setup is structured. As I said, there's a good chance there's an indy or more than 3 scum in some fashion. I think you guys should stop focusing so much on teams tomorrow.
Thats fair. The only Indies I know are serial killer, and yeeter. I think we'd see more kills come out if there was an SK.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
You should know that I was willing to save you and I was looking for any reason from to not vote because I didn't want to be wrong on you two. I didn't catch you until you outed yourself, and I likely would have let you slide on by if you hadn't.

1 minute, then I have to go. If anyone else has anything to say, speak now.
What possible benefit is there for scum Sync to shade your slot? It's not like you're ever getting yeeted toDay. And if Sync flips scum nobody is going to care about their reads.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
The thing is, that would be extremely informative. If wam flipped town, we would basically be outting a scum member.
yah, which is why I don't think it would happen, though it would be kinda hype @scumteam. 👀

I just kinda don't want Fonti to yell at me for letting you get away as well.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
How has Fonti not shown you anything townie? She has been putting an ass load of work into trying to solve the game. This Fonti read makes zero sense.
Wam Wam you didn't answer this part.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
Laser for due diligence you should look at how Boom has treated Kary this game. It looks really weird. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
If you somehow flip town I definitely go for Boom Fonti area. Cause I stand that laser only makes sense as scum with you. I would just have to make him work with me somehow or we would be screwed

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don't think it's super likely I will survive the night, but I'll follow up if I do.
How do you say this right now? You’re low on every single persons list sans Kary. Mine is contingent but still I don’t see where you gather this from?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Should be, sorry bois. I need to see the flip to inform me for the rest of the game. I'll try to make it up to you.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 2.14

Synchronicity(6): Wam, Frozen Flame, Chaco, Kary, Pythag, Malakandra
Wam (2): HeuryAlone, LaserGuy,
Fontisian(2): Synchronicity, BoomFrog

Not voting (1):Fontisian,

A Majority has been reached. Please no more posting.

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Synchronicity has been eliminated! They were

Hello Synchronicity and welcome to These are Things I like the Mafia Game, you are Sandra Diaz Twine from Survivor, Vanilla Townie.

Abilities: None
Win condition: All threats to town are eliminated with at least one town member still alive.

It is now Night 2. Night 2 deadline is 5 PM CST on Saturday the 19th, roughly 48 hours from this post.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Chaco has been killed in the night. They were

Hello Chaco, and welcome to These Are Things I like the Mafia Game, You are Phi from Zero Escape, Vanilla Townie.

Abilities: None
Win condition: All threats to town are eliminated with at least one town member still alive.

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate. Day 3 Deadline is 5 PM CST on Wednesday the 23rd. End of Day Countdown

fontisian fontisian #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary LaserGuy LaserGuy Chaco Chaco HeuryAlone HeuryAlone #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Pythag Pythag BoomFrog BoomFrog Malakandra Malakandra Wam Wam

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Sync was Town. What a surprising development. I wish I had a better font to express my sarcasm.

Sorry Chaco. Need some time to think more about what this implies.

I think with this list Synchro does need to die, gonna unvote from Wam to avoid funny business.

Unvote
I would like an explanation for why you felt that this list implied Sync was scum. What would you have expected from Town that you didn't see? How have your reads changed as a result? Same question #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary .

What possible benefit is there for scum Sync to shade your slot? It's not like you're ever getting yeeted toDay. And if Sync flips scum nobody is going to care about their reads.
fontisian fontisian , I would like you to respond to this.

F FrozenFlame , what do you think about Sync's #1722.

HeuryAlone HeuryAlone , Are you caught up? What are your thoughts so far?

I think this is where I want to start today. More later this evening.

Vote: fonti

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I would like an explanation for why you felt that this list implied Sync was scum. What would you have expected from Town that you didn't see? How have your reads changed as a result?
The reads didn't really enforce they were scum to me. I was already sure they were scum, but switched to Wam because of your post about the Handorin wagon, and I was gonna put my trust in not myself. The list made me sure that Sync needed to die that day, because it was clear that was what they wanted at that point, it was obviously I final death list. In order to get the purpose out of the death list, they needed to die because so many people thought they were scum no thought was going to be put into the list unless they somehow ended up flipping town.

I'm really not sure on my reads at the moment. I'm afraid I didn't really use the night wisely, I skimmed through the game once, but I have a bunch of exams this week so a lot of my time was spent preparing for those. I think I still don't like Wam, never was a fan of their jump onto Synchro anyway, though I thought it was SvS. Waiting for Fonti's responses as well.

fontisian

Smash Champion
That was depressing.

Laser, are you aware that at the time Syn cased me, literally ever person in the game except for Frozen, Boom and Heury had expressed suspicion of me in one way or another? Boom obviously voted for me anyway. And if Heury showed up and voted off of any notes Dark Horse might have left, he still might have voted for me.

You kept saying you don't really think I was going to get yeeted Yesterday, but if scum!Syn had been convincingly towny, I absolutely could have been snap voted at eod and yeeted, with his scummates jumping on board to help. It seems extremely disingenuous for you to believe that I shouldn't have felt threatened at all while simultaneously saying scum!me was threatened by a handful of votes just out of rvs when I replaced in. You describe me as existing in spaces where I am terrified of being yeeted and moving to protect my position, despite objectively having very little pressure, and also under no threat of being yeeted at all, when I am actually under a lot of pressure and stressing out from it.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I am not in a particularly healthy place mentally wrt game. I spent more time over the Night phase getting mad at Syn and then thinking about where my communication with them went then I did actually rereading and trying to hash out my reads.

I am going to be withdrawn over the next two or so irl days while I figure out where I stand and what I want to do. I will answer question addressed to me in the meantime.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
RIP Chaco

Sync was Town. What a surprising development. I wish I had a better font to express my sarcasm.
It's hard enough to stay positive about this game without hearing **** like this. Please.

What would you have expected from Town that you didn't see? How have your reads changed as a result? Same question #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary .
I don't find it townie to flip-flop your opinion on everything, never explain yourself, and roll over and die. Even combing through their final reads dump I have no clue why they were obsessed with 'separating the different heads' or why they decided to sit on these notes rather than act on them.
Wam and Pythag look worse imo, but I still feel like the waggon was more pure than the people sitting on their hands.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
fontisian fontisian I spent literally 48 hours equal parts fantasising about how I would rain fiery judgment down on you and being sure I would get NEed. And then with this I am disarmed:
I am not in a particularly healthy place mentally wrt game. I spent more time over the Night phase getting mad at Syn and then thinking about where my communication with them went...
Do you mean "I am feeling fragile and can't deal with this" or do you mean "I'm so shocked by this result, I'm having terrible processing it"?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
The fact that Kary has also threatened to double back the town read of me is a good sign that I’m not being pocketed unless it’s like 5D chess or something,
I want to hear more about what made you think I might be pocketing you.

So thinking about it over the weekend the Somi lynch to me seemed very weird. So overnight I went back and looked at it again.
I want to know why you felt that the somi waggon was suspicious, when from your perspective, both waggons were on town?

Top Bottom