• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Reposting for New Page
Vote Count 2.12

Wam (4): HeuryAlone, BoomFrog, LaserGuy, Malakandra
Synchronicity(3): Wam, Frozen Flame, Chaco
Chaco(1): Synchronicity

Not voting (3): Pythag, Fontisian, Kary

End of Day Countdown, Roughly 2 hours from this post. With 11 Alive, it takes 6 votes to eliminate

Last edited:

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Boom's interaction with Kary is strange. And with Mala. Sort of been supporting my scum reads of them throughout the game without really committing to them himself.
I've still had doubts, friend. And I wanted to see if Kary would have progression. For Mala I actually lost the thread that they had switched onto you over wam. I should go back and reread that sometime. Anyway, I'm not going to white knight you from D1. I only started when I realized people were serious.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I've still had doubts, friend. And I wanted to see if Kary would have progression. For Mala I actually lost the thread that they had switched onto you over wam. I should go back and reread that sometime. Anyway, I'm not going to white knight you from D1. I only started when I realized people were serious.
I sent you a giant spoiler with my progression on Synch in it.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Because of the townie points it gains.
I'm pretty sure its literally only gained Townie points with me. So unless they were trying to get the dumb people on their side and they underestimated everyone elses intelligent I just don't see it.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Yeah. Pretty sure I skimmed that... :urg: sorry. I think my impression was that you were wrong but there wasn't anything I could persuade you on.
:cry: but but I had to have so many tabs open to quote all those and order them :cry: but you were probably right.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Will you atleast be more sus of Synch tomorrow if we yeet Wam today and he flips scum? I've got the feeling that you just think I'm wrong and are trying to convince me otherwise, and not really paying attention to my case otherwise.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Yes. Kary at the start of the day, a lot of people have boom on the sus list or could be part of a team.
As scum, any time you do anything, there's a chance some people are going to react to it negatively and a chance some with react to it positively. People in a game will have polar opposite reactions to exact same thing. You can't do nothing, because that will definitely be scumread. There are times where odds matter. When I'm scum, I don't like to bus teammates, because I know my odds of winning early with them are better then my odds of winning late on my own. I tend to avoid things that will be universally scumread, because it can be hard to dig my way out from that. But everything else is up in the air, and I can do superficially scummy things knowing that people who know me will see them as town. Boom's actions have to be judged within the context of his meta, and within the expectations set for him, and with the knowledge that scum!Boom cannot appeal to everyone at once, so he's has to take calculated risks on potentially scummy looking actions.

Weaker scum tend towards no action when faced with choices where any actions will alienate someone, as you did when you did not vote at eod.

You are oversimplifying (this looks scummy, therefore scum wouldn't do it) to the point of absurdity.

Reactions: Wam

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Will you atleast be more sus of Synch tomorrow if we yeet Wam today and he flips scum? I've got the feeling that you just think I'm wrong and are trying to convince me otherwise, and not really paying attention to my case otherwise.
I... uh.. no, I probably won't. Your feling is accurate, my view is already based on wam is scum and I am just trying to find compromise here with my town reads. However, I do promise to read your big spoiler post carefully and give it a good think regardless of flip.

Well, if we yeet Sync and they flip scum then I don't have to. Tempting... 🤔

Malakandra

Smash Lord
As scum, any time you do anything, there's a chance some people are going to react to it negatively and a chance some with react to it positively. People in a game will have polar opposite reactions to exact same thing. You can't do nothing, because that will definitely be scumread. There are times where odds matter. When I'm scum, I don't like to bus teammates, because I know my odds of winning early with them are better then my odds of winning late on my own. I tend to avoid things that will be universally scumread, because it can be hard to dig my way out from that. But everything else is up in the air, and I can do superficially scummy things knowing that people who know me will see them as town. Boom's actions have to be judged within the context of his meta, and within the expectations set for him, and with the knowledge that scum!Boom cannot appeal to everyone at once, so he's has to take calculated risks on potentially scummy looking actions.

Weaker scum tend towards no action when faced with choices where any actions will alienate someone, as you did when you did not vote at eod.

You are oversimplifying (this looks scummy, therefore scum wouldn't do it) to the point of absurdity.
So your saying its WIFOM? What is scum booms motivation for switching if its supposed to be a calculated risk? I don't think anyone has trusted him more because of it? Don't reply if you are going to keep saying the same things, we are wasting both of our time.

fontisian

Smash Champion
So your saying its WIFOM? What is scum booms motivation for switching if its supposed to be a calculated risk? I don't think anyone has trusted him more because of it? Don't reply if you are going to keep saying the same things, we are wasting both of our time.
Because some people read people making the decisive swap as towny. Because he had a plan to talk about how he was baiting you. Because his scumreads were all on Wam and he realized he'd called out for voting with them later. There are a billion possible reasons, and clearing Boom just because he was the final vote on a town and you apparently can't think of any scum motivation is crazy.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
**** so I have a hearing in an hour that will probably last thru deadline, if I get out in time I'm going to jump into the thread asap but I can't guarantee I'll be here

I like my vote where it is, I think a synch flip is going to give us a lot to work with regardless and at this point its the grimiest slot to me. wam as the other wagon atm doesnt bother me at all and at the end of the day I wont be angry to come back and see a wam flip

hopefully see you guys in just over and hour but good luck to my fellow townies getting **** sorted before deadline, I believe in yall

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Vote: Synchronicity

sync is still the best yeet, wam feels like LHF misyeet bait and not SvS. don't see myself ever switching here.

i've skimmed some waffling and people complaining but I don't want y'all to mess this up. giving this slot the benefit of the doubt when they've been persistently evasive, sketchy, and flailing at people on their waggon is mind-boggling to me. the only doubt i have at this point is that people are still defending this sinking ship. if I have to chant #HBC to get the job done i'll do it, license be damned

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Because some people read people making the decisive swap as towny. Because he had a plan to talk about how he was baiting you. Because his scumreads were all on Wam and he realized he'd called out for voting with them later. There are a billion possible reasons, and clearing Boom just because he was the final vote on a town and you apparently can't think of any scum motivation is crazy.
I'm not clearing boom. I'm just not willing to yeet him at this stage in the game when I think a Wam flip would inform my decision a lot and I also trust boom for different reasons. I'm willing to reval later. I'll stop mentioning this in the thread because it just wastes time.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Synchronicity Synchronicity

You need to make this post asap. Don't make it with five minutes to deadline, when I'll have no time to process. If you're town, never give up, never give in.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Well, atleast it looks like either way one of my two lowest peeps is getting yeeted today. I'll take that win.

fontisian

Smash Champion
They aren't meant to be processed today. Give me about 30 more mintues to clean the post up. We're also not for yeeting wam today.
You don't have 30 minutes. You can post what you have and refine with the remaining time.

I'll leave you to it after this.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog Can you summarize the case against Wam or quote it again for me?
My case is mostly PoE that there's almost no scum team that fits without wam. Sync-pythag/DH/LG are the only ones that make sense to me, and DH and pythag both still feel townie, although both reads have weakened admittedly. Although my LG read is trending up.

Sync's case on wam was that his defense of Somi was TMI and his early D2 defense of someone else. Mala I think.

LG's case is his full game solve with you on wam's team...

I don't recall DH's motivation. Also PoE and just not liking the tone as far as I recall.

And of course there's just the general weakness of his play, which is only mildly scummy considering his meta, but I feel it still falls on the scummy side of his history. He's a fairly casual player and doesn't usually read that deeply.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Oh ****, I thought it ended an hour earlier. My bad, I won't be able to be here at deadline.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
When you guys go to hammer, in the spirit of Rajam, post this image right before. (I think this is how he wanted it used? Either than or the person who places the vote that puts it at L-1.)

hammerguy (1).png

Wam

Smash Ace
Estimated vited
Synchronicity(4): Wam, Frozen Flame, Chaco, kala

Are you saying the sync and I are bossing hard?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
My case is mostly PoE that there's almost no scum team that fits without wam. Sync-pythag/DH/LG are the only ones that make sense to me, and DH and pythag both still feel townie, although both reads have weakened admittedly. Although my LG read is trending up.

Sync's case on wam was that his defense of Somi was TMI and his early D2 defense of someone else. Mala I think.

LG's case is his full game solve with you on wam's team...

I don't recall DH's motivation. Also PoE and just not liking the tone as far as I recall.

And of course there's just the general weakness of his play, which is only mildly scummy considering his meta, but I feel it still falls on the scummy side of his history. He's a fairly casual player and doesn't usually read that deeply.
Fonti doesn't feel like scum to me right now, honestly. You don't either which means someone in my Towncore is bad.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Estimated vited
Synchronicity(4): Wam, Frozen Flame, Chaco, kala

Are you saying the sync and I are bossing hard?
I know Xivii doesn't buss, apparently Bessie doesn't either. They are off you. Apparently you like to buss. I think its likely that is the case.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't promise I'll be around for the next bit, so I'm throwing this out.

vote Synchronicity

Wam

Smash Ace
I know Xivii doesn't buss, apparently Bessie doesn't either. They are off you. Apparently you like to buss. I think its likely that is the case.
It's late I'm tired but I cant see how this works. For a team that can coordinate (I had a lond debate with sabrar) this seems to be a very weird strategy.

Top Bottom