• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 2.4

Synchronicity(4): Kary, Chaco, Wam, Malakandra
Wam (2): Dark Horse, Synchronicity,
Malakandra (1): Boom Frog
Boomfrog (1): Fontisian

Not voting (3): #HBC | FrozeηFlame, Pythag, Laserguy
Day 2 Ends on Thursday the 17th at 5 PM CST. End of Day Countdown With 11 Alive, it takes 6 votes to eliminate

Mod Note: Sometimes when I view thread on mobile, I accidentally hit the like button on posts. Please know that I would never intentionally like a post in a mafia game that I am hosting, and if you notice I hit like on a post you or someone else made you can ignore the like and or bring it to my attention so I can unlike the post. Apologies for any confusion this may cause.

Last edited:

fontisian

Smash Champion
I think regardless of Syn's alignment they each wrote their notes in advance, likely Yesterday or over Night so this:
Right. Easy to miss when scanning EXISTING notes. Not easy to miss when writing notes. That means the notes really existed before toDay. Either sync made fake notes from day 1 with the intention of posting them for town cred or they are real.
Is just wrong. What scum!Syn likely did is go back and edit in a few things to make them more consistent with the present stance, which led to the Gorf/me name confusion.

Laser's argument that they wouldn't write notes as scum is also just bull****. It's not that hard to fake notes from a town perspective as scum, and it's actually pretty damn useful to do so. How do I know? Here are my notes from the beginning of Sumting Sumting Mafia:
9 - Z25 - Anyway:Trisscar Deadbananas andra I haven’t played with you before so hello.

But what’s your mafia experience like? Are you veterans? And how do you feel about the size of the game?

Also Spak I’ve seen you around the boards before but this is also my first time playing with you, so the same questions above are what I want to ask you.

lastly 3DSNinja how do you feel about the game after the last one?

10 - Laserguy - There were a bunch of new people in Oasis. Why did you feel it was important to ask these sort of questions this game but not last?

16 - Xivii - Do you know trisscar? Also how many scum do you think there are?

20 - Pythag - my general rule of thumb irl is 1 mafia for every 3 players, 16 players, I'm looking at 5 'mafia' roles.

Now, that could be 3 maifa and 2 third party roles, but that's how I would setup my IRL games. (I think it's been a while since I've played anything but The Resistance IRL)

36 - Bessie - Why not? His gambit caught scum.
(I assume this refers to Sorcerer’s 11 which I did not play but I read some of it.)

Setup, if this were my former site, I would guess 3 mafia and one or two independents (we had indies in a lot of our games). However, this isn’t my former site so I’m still thinking about it.

I don't do RVS.

38 - Pythag - yeah but I'm terrified of him being scum.

40 - Handorin - Vote: Pythag

Only one of like, 2 people here old enough to know that I'm always scum, but has not accused me yet, therefore trying not to draw attention to himself. Therefore scum.

Pack it up, gang.

42 - Xivii - Bessie’s town

44 - bessie - So is this a serious vote or RVS?

47 - 3DS - Sup, I got a Shadow this game, he is helping me out. he wants me to vote Pythag for now, cause his RVS feels forced, and he also doesn't know why I gave thoughts on Sabrar

48 - Z25 - A shadow? Like a person or message? Also why role claim(?) day one?

55 - Laserguy - Town lean on Mala. Was thinking the same on 3DS but not sure anymore given the new info.

58 - Jackrito - If he is doing RP after last game props to him because playing mafia while RP is hard.

60 - Pythag - So, you examined your last game, where you almost immediately claimed neighbors, and said "yeah, claiming unprompted is a good move" so you replicated it in this game.

Why did you do this?

and wtf is a shadow?
  • response to vote in 47.

63 - Laserguy - Curious. You didn't really ask anything like this of us in chat at all. We barely talked in the neighborhood, even in pregame. And you didn't interact with BoomFrog until much later in the day phase. I don't doubt that you could have inferred this information in other ways as the course of the game developed, it is just interesting to me that in this game you felt the need to be very upfront about asking for player histories, whereas in Oasis you didn't seem to concerned about it.

66 - Laserguy - Have I played with this version of you before? Is this... Wakizashi or something?

Leaning Town on Xivii.

70 - Trisscar - Anyway I'm Town Vanilla. I'd be amused if that was the general power level of every player here, but it might be unlikely, hard to tell with current description.

71 - Trisscar - like your pfp btw, also ello, my experience involves a lot of learning social deduction through osmosis and Youtube, and I'm not a fan of looking at the way people played in other games, just feels inconsistent and unreliable, as well as slightly cornering.

73 - Boomfrog - So why did you claim?

Vote Trisscar
Why bring up last game neighbor chat now? It's completely irrelevant to the current game. Do 16 people really need to read about it?
84 - Handorin - Vote: Jackrito
Cares too much publicly about something out of game (mentor). That shouldn't be up to public debate, and is instead a host issue. Stated they don't want things to be crazy because of it, but practically only derails things by bringing attention to it multiple times.

93 - Laserguy - Hmm... okay. I buy this. It's too weird and specific to be a fabrication. I don't care for how this is implemented but that's more of a post-game discussion. I kind of feel that what you are describing probably can't easily fit as a mafia role, though, so I'm going to say you're Town for now.
  • About 3DS
Don't like this. Throwing shade. The mentor being claimed is an in-game role with specific powers, and Handorin ought to have realised this if they had been reading the thread. I give this a scum lean.

Vote: Handorin

95 - Sabrar - Disagree with using this for your conclusion, you don't have your timelines correct. Ninja claimed role-related mentor in #76, after that Jackrito only replied to my question before Handorin accused them. Before #76 I also assumed that it was an out-of-game issue,

96 - Boomfrog - Trisscar is making an obvious noob scum mistake and I hope you realize that and vote with me.

100 - Pythag - I think LG's latest post looks pretty town.
-referring to 93

101 - Ranmaru - 3DSNinja I have a question addressed to you in my #72. Please answer it.

102 - Sabrar - What? At that point I haven't even posted. I assumed you would say it was a joke for some unknown reason but you just don't know? Did you confuse me with someone else, similar to what you did in Oasis? Please tell me how your mind works because I won't be able to evaluate you otherwise if you keep pulling this.

106 - Boomfrog - Why did you pick these names to review? Please remember to be honest, don't make up a reason afterward

107 - Mala - Ninja, when you say they come in the thread, do you mean they would control you or they would come onto the thread as their own and you both could post? I'm inclined to believe you for now and agree that how you describe your role feels more town to me.

Trisscar, why claim role then immediately dissapear afterwords. I saw you had exams and wanted sleep but the day is long so you could of easily waited till you knew you could be on more to drop your role.
111 - Boomfrog - So you commented on me, but I also had not posted yet.

114 - Trisscar - Re: Claiming and then leaving

I wanted to see how many maf would bandwagon on someone they thought they could force out early.
waves at Boomfrog
- 2hrs after question, one vote
115 - Trisscar - Also I claimed right before bed because I am unfamiliar with the time limits of these things, but am aware they exist, and would rather not cause Osie to need to poke me about it if I can avoid it.
Also I dislike the minimum posting requirement since I think it just spams the game, while still understanding that it's probably there so people don't just go silent the entire time. So I'm attempting to hit quota.

116 - Trisscar - Also I have two final exams still and would very much rather not be feeling pressure from both those AND this game at the same time.

117 - Z25 - Ranmaru i know you’ve asked questions and posted a little bit your not as active as before. Which I know you said you were going to decrease posts but still that’s big change. What’s your thoughts at right now?

120 - Boomfrog - Really? Your prediction was that you would be immediately attacked for your claim only by scum? Why does an early claim of VT make someone "easy to force out early"?

121 - Trisscar - Nah, just that only scum would be trigger happy enough to immediately vote me after saying so. Not to mention that as vanilla town, i have no threatening abilities and therefore am only worth taking out as a vote against maf. Therefore using the vote as a way to get rid of me is probably a better use of maf's time than using any night-killing things.
Therefore the most efficient course of action is to label me as a "noob maf" and get town to off me themselves as soon as possible.
;)

123 - Deadbananas - Personally I am worried there could be a claim vig of some sort though not positive. If there was im guessing itd be limited use.

129 - Xivii - Fake scumhunting. These questions were already asked and waiting:(60)

130 - Xivii - Unvote: Ranmaru
Vote: Pythag

If Ranmaru is town, he will not be able to resist becoming active no matter how much wants to use a different style.

131 - Trisscar - Pythag I mean tbf that is in fact the current meta in a few mafia-likes for good reason. You get much more out of straight claims than you do analyzing behavior and it's possible factors. It's easier to catch someone out if they have to unequivocally state something, than if they can simply imply.

Course the behavior analysis is still useful, it's just not the easiest or first method of social deduction games as I've seen so far.

133 - Logic - I was hoping my post earlier would draw even a little bit of attention....
Logic is flying way under the radar today.
Time to catch up I guess?

134 - Pythag - A play style still involves play, which has been noticeably absent.

What's your timeline for when you start finding it scummy?
- to Xivii about Ranmaru

135 - Trisscar - hhhhh... hm

Okay so we (as far as I'm aware) do not have a role list or number of players on teams to check against, and from what I've been told this particular subset of Mafia doesn't have quite as much of the powerful abilities that say, Town of Salem has.
This means we can't just say "we have no room for this role, therefore one of these people is lying".
Nor are we overly likely to catch someone out in one night with exact proof they are not who or what they say they are, though I could be underestimating various roles there.

136 - Pythag - I don't mean to be aggressive, but what kind of response were you expecting?

The post that said you hadn't read, and we might get content out of you 5 hours later?

148 - Pythag - I guess I didn't see that as role fishing.

155- Jackrito - You would be surprised. scum can do whatever is needed to subvert the norm expectations to their adv. I can figure out Logic to a degree though if he posts more.

157 - Z25 - This is very true, but scum would be unlikely to alright claim vanilla day one and try to get away with it. Im thinking it’s more a bad mistake then anything else.
Still we have two supposed town claims out now and one seems to be a possible power role. Which isn’t good, scum now has a decent start on info.

Unless one of those two claims is a lie ( or both?). Still this is making for a bit of a confusing start

163 - Triss - I suppose I could vote Boomfrog or Handorin...hm

Eh sure

Vote: Boomfrog

167 - Xivii - His first big read list. If he doesn't have one by near day end or if it is lacking, then we should assume he's scum.

169 -Pythag - Since we have a big post about likes, I'll just state this is a really good response. I like it.
unvote

Boom, are you still convinced that Trisscar scumslipped?

173/174 - logic, poking around 3DS reactions

175 - Boomfrog - So, your first explanation was made up after the fact and was not actually why you claimed. So:
1) Why did you claim?
2) Why did you make up a justification for claiming?
3) Since you said I was scummy right away why did you only vote me after being pressured to?

176 - logic - I'm down with the conclusion not so much the role fish tho

180 - logic - I guess rolefishing more info on the claim is just going to be nai here so many are asking for more details.
I feel like those things should be left to resolve themselves but I guess we will see what you all get from it?

184 - logic - No I dont think "fit in" fits for them.
They are here and feel very open and honest.
And I said that's how your post made me feel because it did.

190 - logic - I guess my thinking is it's part of a role?
Not one I've ever heard of but so out there I doubt it comes from mafia.
That and the player comes across as very genuine e to me.
Something to think about and revisit later maybe?

192 - Mala - Logic seems to be trying to solve the game and feels town.

Trisscar is being hedgy which is typical of scum IMO.

Letting themselves get bullied into voting allows them an easier out later if questioned and is scum indicative.
Vote Trisscar

199 - You purposely didn't vote me to see if that would cause me to become more aggressive? That was a calculated and planned move? Because it feels like you are doing things and then making up reasons afterward. Does my increased aggression mean I am more likely to be scum? Would it be unreasonable for a townie to be suspicious of you at this point?

203 - Mala - Logic appears to be actively working on going through the game and trying to solve and has been giving his takes. Jack has also had solid takes on other players in the game. Triss IIRC has only role claimed to apparently set a trap, saw boom jump in but only really pushed him mentioning his name once, then went off on some tangent about everyone role claiming before giving up an apparent other trap for boom by voting because he wanted to appease someone? He also states the second trap for boom to be aggressive, presumably for the purpose of catching scum, was not as high a priority as appeasing someone who wanted him to vote.

205 - Sabrar - I think BF's push on Trisscar has merit and Trisscar's reaction to it feels forced. 'Forcing someone out early' just doesn't happen when barely a day has passed, so that reasoning has no base. Claiming later that the best mafia action is precisely what BF has been doing is also very post hoc.

I like Logic's entrance though more explanation from him would be welcome. Could you clarify #173? Why do you think me wanting explanation for Ninja's actions is 'nothing'?

206 - Trisscar (5) - Jackrito, Ranmaru, BoomFrog, Handorin, Malakandra
Pythag (2) - 3DSNinja, Xivii
BoomFrog (1) - Trisscar
Handorin (1) - LaserGuy

Not voting: Bessie, Deadbananas, LogicoftheVI, Malakandra, Spak, Z25, Pythag, Sabrar

207 - Laserguy - When was the last time you saw scum make an unforced claim on D1? Townies love to claim, for good reasons, pointless reasons, stupid reasons. The fact that claiming VT is objectively bad for Town makes this more likely to be coming from Town rather than less.

Logic feels Townie to me.
Boom's tone feels off.

208 - Handorin - Not to mention that both of the names floated were voting for them.

210 - Jackrito - I just want to say as someone who plays on same sites as Triss I think they is a potential culture issue here, his posts are still pretty bad though. I can see him doing this whole trap thing by claiming Vt and playing for reactions I have seen from town and done myself. I just wish he would stop being over the top about things and as I said the game he posted for ref was a terrible example.

211 - Boomfrog - LaserGuy Yeah, there no harm in revealing now, my original push on Triss was mostly bluster. My reason I gave you was supposed to be code for "I have no reason, help me pressure vote someone to see what happens". Message obviously not received, but it seems to have worked anyway. My follow up questions have been ligit. What do you think of Trisscar's reaction and my follow ups?

212 - Jackrito - Like Laser said Boom feels off compared to last game he feels way more agrro early here. In Oasis he was more passive and not sure this time he has jumped on Triss without mercy and keeps pushing it. I'm not sure if this is his normal playstyle or he just is really sure Triss is scum but bothers me a bit.

On that note Laser feels pretty good to me this game the fact he is doing a lot more interactions and not hiding behind big posts is a good look

213 - Jackrito - Like I said before this is town Logic atm but I need to see if he can keep it up because he has some clear scum tells which creates a issue because he knows them also and has tried to work on them. Dropping bad habits is not easy though so we will see.

214 - Trisscar I have as null because although it seems like bad town play, Jack says he's not a newbie. Yet twice he's edited his posts, which makes me consider it's likely he is playing dumb. I kept my vote on him because he actually never town telled.

Yet, I think we should look else where right now. I'm looking at Deadbananas. #61 #123 This is the only game content he has in this game. The first one a question, the second is IIOA. He's not voting, or pushing a scumread, and nor does he follow up on his question to 3DS, which shows he's trying to seem like he's doing something when he's not.

220 - Sabrar - Now you're doing the same thing you're accusing Trisscar of. His reactions are poor but you giving the same 'it was all a trap' excuse is worse. -5 points from Gryffindor.

222 - Boomfrog - I think you can see the nuance that there is a difference. I left hints that what I was doing was exaggerated. And a pressure vote to get a reaction is a pretty normal play. And I was just doing it to generate reactions, not necessarily catch Trisscar specifically.

He is trying to justify a VT claim as a "trap" and further explained that every specific thing I've done is exactly what he expected scum to do. That is a ridiculous explanation. Do you really think our actions are equivalent?

229 - Bananas - Z, is boom usually an aggressive player as scum? You sound like you played with him before it why I'm asking.

241 - Sabrar - That happened late D2, this is early D1 so I don't think the two are comparable.
I have a town-lean on Jack currently based on a quick re-read because his start this game is completely different from Oasis. There he came in with opinions, questions, seemingly moving the game forward. Here I don't think he has any significant content in his first dozen or so posts. That would actually give me scum-vibes but I find it unlikely that he would change his playstyle so quickly and if he truly hates RVS (#78) then it makes sense.

253 - Handorin - I appreciate and recognize the weirdness, but as an infrequent poster myself, I had to sympathize.

255 - Boomfrog - More or less rude then ignoring direct questions? I'd like to actually figure out your alignment. It would help me a lot of you actually answered my questions in a straightforward way.

264 - Boomfrog - Z25 You need to factor in that I am well aware that I'm acting differently and it is intentional. Anyway...

This Trisscar push isn't generating anything new so it's time to move on. I am left with a scum-lean, I really don't like the post-hoc justification for everything and will consider coming back here at day end. However, it's pretty unlikely that I actually picked scum out of the blue D1. If Triss is town then the most suspicious slots on the wagon are Handorin and Malakandra , they both jumped on with a very "me too" attitude. Mala has added their own points and has shown they are paying attention and care about the push. Handorin has not. All their posts since jumping on have been empty filler.

Vote: Handorin

I'd still like to hear Xivii and bessie 's thoughts about Trisscar

271 - Spak - Kinda suspicious of the instant write-off here... It should register a null if it's a noob play imo, not town. Nothing about an instant D1 claim screams town to me.

At this point, I'm suspicious of LaserGuy (I didn't comment on a lot of his stuff, but I found myself disagreeing with him on a lot of counts as I was reading through which was a bad sign) and Triss. Triss seems to be getting enough attention at the moment, though, so for the moment I'll:

Vote: LaserGuy

278 - bessie - Ok… let’s say you are being truthful about your role, and you are town. So you have a person mentoring you, I assume with some experience playing mafia. I don’t like that all your content is their content, you have used this as an excuse not to have any reads or opinions of your own. And even if you have a SuperDGamesHBCVetran mentoring you, they’re just reading the same content as the rest of us and their reads can be right or wrong.

291 - Laserguy - Newbie Town is an archetype. There are a large number of people who, in their first few games in mafia as Town express very similar sorts of behaviours. Specifically, I would put the following as fairly standard hallmark features of newbie Town: 1) claiming early and unnecessarily; 2) assuming that anyone who tunnels them must be mafia and responding as such; 3) responding very awkwardly to pressure; 4) generally maintaining a low level of consistency. I have never seen a player with <5 games of experience expressing these behaviours not flip Town.

You can have a Town lean for your efforts.

326 - Boomfrog - My bad, I hadn't seen your #311 when I posted. Then I'll just say, I find this an ridiculous plan from a hypothetical scum team, and that scenario is even less likely then 3ds getting a perfect power by chance. What is the mafia's plan here? 3ds has proven that he doesn't have the wherewithal to pull off a complicated scam. No mafia mate would trust him with pulling off such a bizarre claim. And he's promised to pull sometime outside the game into thread sometime around D3. If he can't do that then he's prepared his own noose with zero reason. Therefore it's very likely he really can perform such a ridiculous feat. I am very confident that you are wrong and should reconsider.

Side note to everyone else: this is town sabrar. He really doesn't like it when mods do things in a way that he doesn't agree with. But if he is on a large mafia team (4+) he'd know 3ds isn't mafia and wouldn't be so riled up about this scenario.

456 - Pythag

486 - Z25 - Also townread Pythag, glad we actually agree on something

496 - Laserguy - There's also the problem that I actually think there's a reasonably good chance you are mafia (#327, #370), so I'm not super inclined to wagon with you at the moment.

519 - You mentioned Ro Laren as a different person in another game. Unless you've come out as Ro Laren in another game, I don't believe it.

541 - You are for sure tilted because Ran once again failed to leave you alone D1. I tried to follow your points but you two are all over the place. It's not unreasonable that Ran didn't answer your points clearly. Ran's posting style this game fits exactly what I expected from Ran after Oasis. There was a lot of talk about his style being overbearing and it's a natural evolution for him to try and hold back D1 this game. Of course old habits die hard and now here he is coming out with his normal style of ridiculously unfounded confidence in a D1 read.

Ranmaru
Ranmaru I had Xivii as mostly null before your guys interaction, but his frustration with your behavior feels genuine and he wouldn't be sincerely frustrated if you were actually right that he's scum. I think this is most likely town Xivii and you should look elsewhere for a D1 push. I agree he's been disengaged and your original read made sense, but your fight feels very TvT. And side note, your D1 reads are usually wrong. Everyone's D1 reads are usually wrong. No one should EVER be confident enough to trade lynches over something D1. There is simply never enough information to make such a confident decision.

Also, big townie points for Pythag for saying everything I was thinking about trying to diffuse the situation. And small townie points for Z25 and LaserGuy for arriving at the same conclusion.

544 - Handorin - gold

Thoughts:
  • Bananas town if scum have claim vig (123), unless type of player to tmi excessively, check reads, scumreads lhf
  • Trisscar prob town, wink emoji too smug towards Boomfrog, but 131 belief in trueclaiming benefiting town, oh lord they were basing it on ToS
  • Boom overly aggressive, bad questions, scummy, hate the triss push, hrmmmmm, not scum with laserguy (trying to pocket them?), “I am the most important player, you are all ignoring my questions all the time, why isn’t everyone backing me up, blah blah blah,” seems to be genuinely trying to help with breaking up Zen/Ran fight
  • Ranmaru expected to be more active, misread statement from 3DS, reasked question about it instead of going back, “nor does he follow up on his question to 3DS, which shows he's trying to seem like he's doing something when he's not” - why he reasked the question, projection onto probs town!bananas, self-conscious about not being seen as faking work, main push is for lack of content, gross, performative, “I asked you a question” instead of just repeating or rephrasing the question with a ping, push on Xivii is probably town, this fight is so stupid, cobalt, Laser thinks he could be scum during fight (496), ttps://smashboards.com/threads/basic-mafia.447409/ relevant meta if time, what the **** is 519
  • Mala not scum with 3DS, “for now” common new player phrasing, townread too easy?, acts more experienced than implied, like stuff about logic, disagree with triss conclusion but thought process is good
  • Sabrar, background, helpful, not scum with 3DS (exhausted with them), push on 3DS later, kind of weird route for scum to take, still background
  • Pythag, early stuff bad, answer too long, “terrified of him being scum” common scum wording, 3DS shadow push on them good, seems chiller? later, made or reused meme, 134 question weird, pushing town to fight?, not scum with logic, nailed em, A+, counts votes before voting, 456 really good
  • Handorin, strong out the gate, vote reasoning seems off, confident, **** flingy, 10/10 meme game
  • Laserguy, townread on Xivii but not bessie, good questions, towny, citrus, good logic and boom reads, good triss logic/defense, that newbie stuff and spak read, swoon
  • Xivii, townread bessie at good time, v active early, asked newbie question about number of mafia, likely trap/attempt to clear, convinced self to vote pythag in 129, soulread that “cool, vote: ranmaru,” town frustration or caught for wrong reasons frustration?
  • Bessie good tone, first question good, lack of followup?, follow-up ok, trying to coax 3DS instead of bully, op of performative
  • 3DS, a mess, shadow reads good
  • Logic wants attention, likely not with 3DS, paranoid about rolefish from mala, towny unless mala scum, revisits thoughts, nerves or genuinely try to solve, leaning towards genuine
  • Jackrito posts are bleh, kind of defends triss but not real, words bounce off skull. Good laser, boom, logic reads, maybe just hedgey?
  • Spak, pushes Laserguy because of dif reads, could be play to push strong player, probs just town, low poster, remember to check back on opening posts
Town: Trisscar, Xivii, logic, mala, ranmaru, bessie?, pythag, spak
Other: jackrito, Sabrar, Boom, Handorin
Confirmed town: Laserguy, 3DS

**** ain't hard.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
So why did you originally say it was edited then change to say it was drafted that way because it was written after Fonti replaced?
I'm not sure what you're asking. I'm also not sure what you're going on about the Sabrar premise thing. Nothing of substance is coming from this so this will be the last response.
Also, don't be rude.
I'm not. Know your audience. Chaco is a big boy and as part of the old guard, as Frozen, he tends to play a little rougher. Please refrain from policing me in the future senpai.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
How so if Fonti is only mentioned in one sides notes and only that once in a place it makes no sense to edit? Explain that and I’ll gladly reconsider, but it makes zero sense otherwise.
Because its what I would do?

Overall very confused by this whole case, I just don't get the point? Why does Synchronicity changing one name to Fonti make them scum? I'm actually genuinely interested because this whole omg they said Fonti shoot them with a vig makes no sense to me at all.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Like synchronicity is scum here for a variety of reasons, why go so hard on such a **** nonsensical reason. no offense intended, I just don't get it.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
The left brain notes are written by bessie. Right are written by Xivii.
Xivii and Bessie aren't in this game, there is only synchronicity.
I think the extra work would probably be more heavily invested in-thread if they were mafia. They have been complaining about not having enough time and putting the time they do have into making fake notes seems impractical. At least, when I'm scum, to the extent that I make notes at all, I make no effort to disguise my agenda because my notes aren't for public consumption... my thoughts are preoccupied with who are likely PRs and what Town drama I can exploit and who the most plausible candidates for misyeets are and who is suspicious of me (see here for an example; contrast here for a town example). I don't see a lot of purpose in making a "pure" set of notes that analyze the game as if I were Town and don't make any reference to my actual goals, unless those notes were created for the express purpose of generating a townslip. So I lean Town on them doing this because I think the former is much more likely than the latter. But if they are a fabrication, there's probably an easy way to check since, I imagine, the notes will probably not be exhaustive for the whole thread:
Sure, thats what you see purpose in. But again, them posting the notes caused you to switch your vote off them and trust them. So you should be able to see how putting in the efforts to make notes can sway town opinion.
but it was clear that he had no idea what he was doing
True.
I seemed awfully high on the list for a town lean.
Ok? I don't have a lot of high up towns right now, and the list is organized in terms of who I want to yeet, while this does usually align top to bottom town reads to scum reads, its not a 1 for 1.
The "something strange" whether wam is scum or not is that there are several scum who are playing a strong townie game. This should already be obviously to you.
Yes I know there are some strong scum players pretending to be town well. I just think that the Somi counterwagon to Wam makes very little sense if Wam is town, so there would have been something strange going on behind the scenes I'm not able to see.
Do you believe this bad point to be intentionally bad?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Quotes this and pressed Reply before talking about it, sorry Pythag.
Do you believe this bad point to be intentionally bad?
I don't even understand what the point actually means. I'll let you know when Chaco clarifies why changing someones name means 100% scum vig and hammer em. Leaning towards overeager at this point.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I really hate synchro's vote on Wam. I feel like it goes against everything they were saying in EoD and I don’t buy the reasoning. It feels like they’re really trying to milk the “Wam is good info” card

Part of me thinks the wam/synchro crossvote is indicative of SvS? For wam voting synchro, I feel like most people had more ambivalent reactions to chaco pointing out a supposed scumslip, as opposed to wam who pretty much immediately agreed and sheeped him. If wam knew synchro is scum then it make sense that he would be more likely to believe it's an actual scumslip and would try to capitalize to avoid looking hesitant to push scum!synchro. I could also see synchro’s 180 on wam to be reflective of the very different situation that synchro is in, between being in a position to shift votes off of wam at EoD to receiving suspicion toDay, especially when they’ve faced blowback for their earlier push attempts this phase. I think wam's synchro vote is easier to see as SvS than the synchro -> wam but that vote also makes very little sense in general.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I don’t think that the synchro thing is a genuine scumslip. Especially after watching two players get MLed in midnight ops and completely vanilla off of posts that were misinterpreted as scumslips I’m not going to push them just for that. I do think that there’s a possibility that they could have faked their notes, the fact that they retroactively started it halfway through the day phase and it’s only a portion of the period means that it’s less convincing than a whole comprehensive set of notes, but I think this makes the whole notes stuff pretty NAI above all. I’m surprised that people seem to be townreading them just for having notes (looking at you, boomfrog and laser).

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I don't get why wam's alignment affects your read of Mala. Scummates!Mala fakes indecision and would have voted Somi (but I denied that chance). scum!Mala with two townie wagons just fakes indecision either way. Wam's alignment is a non-factor in addressing if Mala's indecision was sincere.
I know this is getting into WIFOM but I feel like stalling out EoD wagons between two town just for the sake of an EoD emotional play is pretty risky. Like if someone spews anything super town or one of your partners spews something scummy before you close then it looks like a foolish risk. By contrast, trying to do an emotional stall out when the wagons between your scumbud and a town and you've been suspecting your scumbud more for most of the day is a no brainer. Are you comparing mala's ability to fake tone to anything outside of the "screams into the void" post that you mentioned from midnight ops?

Disagree, I think I played sub-optimally. If Mala is scum having to keep faking the stress could have lead to a slip. I should have left the stress on Mala to see what happened, but I was trying to quickly analyze too many things and just kept my assumption that Mala was town.
I don't see how this is relevant to what I'm saying? My point was from a scum!you point of view, the only way you get away with that vote at all outside of a wam townflip is that mala was being indecisive and that gave you an opportunity to take the burden off of his shoulders. Do you think that mala would still be townreading you if they had made their decision on who to vote before you hammered?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I like kary’s reasoning for the synchro push, I agree that it’s weird that Synchro is trying to downplay their role in launching the somi wagon.

I don’t see why scum!Chaco would keep pushing this supposed scumslip after people haven’t been too receptive to it.

Boomfrog’s play feels very different from his D1 play. Honestly seems a lot better tbh, I feel like he was basically a nonentity yesterDay.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Quotes this and pressed Reply before talking about it, sorry Pythag.

I don't even understand what the point actually means. I'll let you know when Chaco clarifies why changing someones name means 100% scum vig and hammer em. Leaning towards overeager at this point.
Do you think overeager fits with how Chaco's been playing so far?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Do you think overeager fits with how Chaco's been playing so far?
hmmm, no, not really. He's definitely seemed more chill compared to last game, not really jumping in on stuff too fast or going for pushes on a lot of people from what I can recall. To me, he seemed more to be analyzing and going for a PoE win of trusting people rather than jumping on scum hunts all the time.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do you understand why changing the name means scum?
No I don't. I'm not too hung up on the notes, that really doesn't bother me, it's the argumentation behind it.

If Chaco making that argument strikes you as overeager, but you haven't been seeing Chaco as overeager, then I guess how are you handling that apparent mismatch?

Is chaco just townie who got excited and caught up?
Is chaco a scum who thought he could use momentum or something?

I'm not just asking you this to single you out, I'm externally processing this.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I’m surprised that people seem to be townreading them just for having notes (looking at you, boomfrog and laser).
I thought you said scum Xivii is lazier the town Xivii? Although, to be fair scum Bessie is very capable of taking notes from a town PoV, so I could see the thrill of scum hydra getting Xivii motivated when they syncronized.

Are you comparing mala's ability to fake tone to anything outside of the "screams into the void" post that you mentioned from midnight ops?
His tone was excellent all game imo. That post was just the peak of his craft. I agree there's some risk of delaying if both are town, but he also knows the spotlight is on him and he'll have to "choose wrong" so he has to make it look good. There's risk of not putting on enough theatre and Mala is cool and cautious. If the flash yeets bring discussed like laser and Kary are also town, I think Mala is unconcerned.

Do you think that mala would still be townreading you if they had made their decision on who to vote before you hammered?
I mean, I don't think he should be town reading me anyway. Helping at EoD might feel nice but any real consideration of it would not lead to concluding it was townie to take control away from him.

Boomfrog’s play feels very different from his D1 play. Honestly seems a lot better tbh, I feel like he was basically a nonentity yesterDay.
I was literally not present for the middle half if the day, as I already pointed out. How is that not a factor in your advice statement?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
No I don't. I'm not too hung up on the notes, that really doesn't bother me, it's the argumentation behind it.

If Chaco making that argument strikes you as overeager, but you haven't been seeing Chaco as overeager, then I guess how are you handling that apparent mismatch?

Is chaco just townie who got excited and caught up?
Is chaco a scum who thought he could use momentum or something?

I'm not just asking you this to single you out, I'm externally processing this.
I saw this a bit after it was first posted, but went to take a shower and think on it a bit.

I'm leaning towards towny who got excited. If Chaco was scum and Synch was town, I think the TMI would stop him from actually taking note of this, and he wouldn't push it anyway because he'd see how weak of a case it was. I also agree here with Dark Horse that he wouldn't keep pushing it. If they are both scum together, that makes a little more sense as the poor case could just be a distance strategy to look like he was going after synch, but thats a risky play and from reading through i feel that Chaco genuinely believes this a catch, and is just getting overexcited about a small part maybe he thought it was the nail in the coffin of the case? Idk on that

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I thought you said scum Xivii is lazier the town Xivii? Although, to be fair scum Bessie is very capable of taking notes from a town PoV, so I could see the thrill of scum hydra getting Xivii motivated when they syncronized.
Are you sure I said that? That doesn’t sound like something I would say

His tone was excellent all game imo. That post was just the peak of his craft. I agree there's some risk of delaying if both are town, but he also knows the spotlight is on him and he'll have to "choose wrong" so he has to make it look good. There's risk of not putting on enough theatre and Mala is cool and cautious. If the flash yeets bring discussed like laser and Kary are also town, I think Mala is unconcerned.
The thing is that Mala had been scumreading wam harder than somi throughout the day so I think it would have been easy for Mala to play it safe and “stick to their read” on wam, without the need for EoD dilemma drama.
I mean, I don't think he should be town reading me anyway. Helping at EoD might feel nice but any real consideration of it would not lead to concluding it was townie to take control away from him.
Fair enough

I was literally not present for the middle half if the day, as I already pointed out. How is that not a factor in your advice statement?
Because your play after you came back was pretty unmemorable outside of your hammer? It felt like you were sitting on the sidelines, which is very different from the more active role you’re playing today. If you had came back stronger I probably wouldn’t have thought that way

Malakandra

Smash Lord
From an earlier post of yours, I know we are different here. You said you like to take control and trust yourself when it comes down to it. I'm the opposite. Id prefer to look to the judgement of people I trust/ know are better than me. You taking conrol from me wasnt what is making me town lean you, it was you switching over to yeet Somi, which was going to make you look sus unless they were scum. I was grateful for your save of me, but it doesn't play into my read of you other than me weighing the potential cost benefits of doing me a favor vs switching over to yeet a townie.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Know your audience. Chaco is a big boy and as part of the old guard, as Frozen, he tends to play a little rougher. Please refrain from policing me in the future senpai.
Apologizes,

I'm not sure what you're asking. I'm also not sure what you're going on about the Sabrar premise thing. Nothing of substance is coming from this so this will be the last response.
Dropping Sabrar thing. On the Edit vs original document question:
I make it clear that it was edited. I posted updates when I something was answered on later posts and changed Gorf to Fonti where applicable.
Sounds like the explanation for the Gorf => Fonti was an edit after the notes were first written because they were living notes.

So at the point of making that, "Gorf" was already "Fonti" in my mind.
This sounds like you originally wrote Fonti in the scum team list.

Boom’s activity and presence is what worries me. I feel they were much more present in Midnight and Vanilla
How is this not saying, "Boom being les present this game compared to his town games makes me worried that he is scum."?

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
Cause of lasers newest posts. It’s theatre of Synch is scum for sure. Just look at the way it’s presented and the notation of I’m gonna sleep on it and such, then coming back in with a big post retracting vote and saying it could only be fake if such and such and it would be little gain, casting reasonable doubt to it being fake.
I'll show you scum theater.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
From an earlier post of yours, I know we are different here. You said you like to take control and trust yourself when it comes down to it. I'm the opposite. Id prefer to look to the judgement of people I trust/ know are better than me. You taking conrol from me wasnt what is making me town lean you, it was you switching over to yeet Somi, which was going to make you look sus unless they were scum. I was grateful for your save of me, but it doesn't play into my read of you other than me weighing the potential cost benefits of doing me a favor vs switching over to yeet a townie.
Ahh, gotcha, so I took the bullet for you and saved you from potentially looking scummy?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Do you understand why changing the name means scum?
Okay let me break this down. The name was not changed. It was written in such a time and way that the stream of consciousness you see is real, but when he churches it up and throws in a shotgun scum team he messed up. To anyone saying they were wrote in advance, why would they be when they’re in a hydra and openly chat with one another about their notes and reads? So yes they may have taken notes when doing a supposed redive into the game, but that defeats editing the name in slot. Regardless the way it’s been handled since I jumped on it doesn’t feel right to me.

#HBC | Dark Horse #HBC | Dark Horse Fair point, but the one I did catch got overshadowed in a way similar to this, and Somi lurked to victory In Vanilla.

Chaco

Never Logs In
BoomFrog BoomFrog of course it can mean that, but the fact is what I initially said, you can’t be read if you’re not game present. Absence =/= scum, but absence does make it virtually impossible to read you.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Malakandra Malakandra Look at the inconsistencies since I highlighted that portion. “I edited it in, but didn’t edit it back, but I started reading from page 10 back so I already knew it was Fonti but as I’m reading I leave it Gorf”. I thought Xivii did Gorf/Fonti set up as well?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
currently ISOing sabrar because he's a town homie and deserves it

early in the game he attacks wam a lot, calls him out for sheeping early and never really comes off until he gets sketched out by me and swaps his vote to me

he also "attacks" LG early when he takes chaco's side in that 1v1 if you can call it that

I'm noticing BoomFrog BoomFrog is liking almost every ****ing one of Sab's posts and I'm starting to feel very weird about it. almost feels like an attempt to subconciously pocket, I don't ever remember you expressing a strong sabrar townread at all D1 which makes all these likes feel TMI. What's with this pattern bro? if you were so into everything sab had to say, why not more direct engagement with the slot in an attempt to coalition build with him? funnily enoughly, you even like a lot of other people's posts that are directly engaging with sab's posts, like I saw that a couple times on a few fonti posts around the middle of the day

There is no special context here other than your predilection to not vote easy wagons. But let me rephrase: are you unwilling to yeet wam purely because so many people find him scummy?
he's addressing boom here, is sab on to a partial solve linking boom/wam?

wow the more I keep reading the more I realize sab never really "let go" of wam

Yes, as I mentioned before wam has a habit of getting yeeted early as either alignment. Doesn't mean we should be giving him a pass this time.
more aggro against laser

@LaserGuy : are you doing the thing where you're completely ignoring me again?
I expected you to react to #246 to defend your case ages ago.
did we ever actually get an answer to this?

FoS wam

for not getting the joke.
Oh wait, I already did that. Carry on then.
more wam pressure and the ever present boomfrog like

@Sabrar as your online can you answer my day chat question?
scum fishing for info to make sure they don't accidentally TMI now that a know townie has info re: daychat?

given above whats your take on this now Synch?

#611 to #615 is an interesting back and forth between wam and sab, and then wam literally bails by annoucing he "wont be around for deadline," comes off like a pressure dodge, wanting to cut the convo short

Let's say all of this is TvT as you say. I don't know why you're so sure about it but ok. Obv from your pov you're T as well. You don't really want to vote wam.
That leaves {LaserGuy, Pythag, BoomFrog, somitomi and Malakandra.
Who is most likely scum from this group? Pick 2.
Wam Wam what did you like about this post other than sab saying "you don't really want to vote wam" and anchoring another slot to scum selection that doesn't include you

Some people are very much against a wam lynch. If wam flips scum that's very telling. If as you say nobody defends somi then in what world will that lynch give you more info?
this post makes me want to kneejerk flashyeet wam so ****ing hard

There is ****ing resistance on wam. There is none on somi. Where is your usual mantra?
boomfrog playstyle inconsistency callout?
That seems valid, which is part of why I'm not actually voting yet. I've skipped several pages so I can't see if the resistance seems sincere.
stalling answer here?

F it. I gtg and am not sure I'll be here for deadline. I trust Sabrar slightly more the Fonti.

Vote Wam
I really don't like the look of the somi wagon at all. Wam is not my first choice but I can live with it.

Vote wam
I could definitely see LG and boom pulling the trigger on a bus here, these votes are both swapping to wam as momentum is looking to shift there and like they don't want to be off the wagon if wam flips scum. the one liner reasonings also come off half baked and wanting to shirk responsibility. I'm not really one to talk overtly sheeping fonti at EoD but I hope yall can see my point, however hypocritical, that boom is essentially light sheeping sabrar (no idea why sab is more obvtown to him than fonti at this point, possible TMI?) and laser is just saying "well not what I wanted but I guessss I'll vote with yall." Ultimately I think LG's looks better as he would look better on scum flip not expressing hesitation to switch there but both just feel grimy

I'm always happy to yeet Laser but I don't think it would be the best idea right now.
late aggro aimed at laser. LG spooked and cosigns an NK on sab hearing **** like this maybe?

Who would you be excited about? (besides LG)
BoomFrog BoomFrog did you ever respond to this?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
ok was putting that post together during raid and there's a lot of new **** posted since I started on it lol

going to re-read EoD now with no ISOs and then catch up, might not get another post up tonight but ill try to clear some time to post around lunch tomorrow, thoughts should have crystallized a bit better by then

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
There is this strange play around my slot from Kary and Chaco that I've been keeping an eye on since page 1. Ever since the beginning of the game, they have been trying to focus distrust on Zen (not even bessie but Zen specifically) because of his meta. And Chaco (and to a lesser degree Kary but he's been backing off this point a bit) still has this obsession with figuring out specifically which posts are Zen's so he can attack them. Oddly (or maybe not) it almost seems as if he is trying to not to attack bessie specifically, which is perhaps not too surprising because see #941, he says he's not "communicat(ing) with Synchronicity fully yet." He's not trying to sort this slot, he's looking for reasons to scum read the slot. The more he's pushing the notes thing, the more it's looking like BS. I'd expect town!Chaco to reevaluate after #1023 as it was pretty strong evidence that I did indeed start taking the notes after Fonti replaced. Additionally, I was expecting him to get an emotional read from #1076 since his reads are notoriously based on such. Yet there was no reaction or any sense of provocation, and instead he ignores all the rebuttals against his argument entirely #1109. Kary continues to overplay his feelings on Zen #1041.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Chaco Chaco

I don't see anything towny in the Xivii notes that explains Laser's change of heart. I do see some in the Bessie notes, specifically:
https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...day-the-11th-at-5-pm-cst.507224/post-24079983
https://smashboards.com/goto/post?id=24079531
Things that are wrong with this post:
1. Sabrar also made reference to an xkcd game and voted BoomFrog. Kary followed with a vote on BoomFrog but did not question the reference. Why the interest in these references, which relate to meta? Note to self: look up in Flavorless Mafia where I asked Kary if meta was important and see if it is relevant.
2. Why would this be the Zen half, when the games referenced are xkcd? I think this is putting out early feelers to cast suspicion on the slot.
The "early feelers to cast suspicion on the slot" being about their slot. Feels like something town!Bessie would be concerned with (not that I've ever seen town!Bessie).

The "putting out early feelers to cast suspicion on the slot" was repeated about something you said to Kary, so that was weird and potentially a sign they just threw these notes together without really thinking them through?

https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...day-the-11th-at-5-pm-cst.507224/post-24080208
My feeling is that this vote is serious and Sabrar may have seen what I saw.
Continuation of the Kary suspicion and the whole "X may have seen what I saw" again feels like something town!Bessie might right.

https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...day-the-11th-at-5-pm-cst.507224/post-24080384
This was exactly my early D1 read of LaserGuy in The Dark Tower. LaserGuy should know better, or this read is not genuine. See also post #84 where LaserGuy revises this.
This argues against a Laser/Syn team a bit, and iirc was something they mentioned Yesterday.

https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...day-the-11th-at-5-pm-cst.507224/post-24080436
If this is genuine I feel this is an alarming misjudgment from Chaco.
This actually feels kind of tmiy.

https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...day-the-11th-at-5-pm-cst.507224/post-24080670
IMPORTANT. It will be interesting to see if Sabrar follows up on this, because I feel Sabrar’s vote for Kary is not RVS, but is serious. And Kary should have the same conclusion.

---
#228, #254
Ok, Sabrar's reason for voting Kary is different than mine.
Continuation of them trying to figure out Sabrar (mostly townreading him) via his approach to Kary, progression seems solid.

Boomfrog picking up on Page 1 Kary-Chaco interaction, but only suspects Chaco.
Again with the using the Kary read to read someone else.

Eh.

Yeah, I think Laser clearing them for this is terrible, but it makes me want to kill Laser more than it makes me want to kill Syn.

I'm not sure about the names thing. Like, yes, Syn obviously went back and modified the notes, which is sketch, but the "shotgun scumreads" section is the part to modify? The placement itself feels super weird, since it's in the middle of talking about Gorf stuff, but, eh, it's not damning.

Top Bottom