• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

Malakandra

Smash Lord
There are a couple of times that I've picked up on Kary not really digging into context
Huh? Can you elaborate? Where was I inaccurate about him not digging into context. And also what do you mean by the underlined?
How important is it for you for me to bring a few quotes of Kary asking about some context/ seeming frustrated. Thats what the underlined was about, I saw some frustration from him at not getting context, and you didn't mention that.

I'd rather not dig for those quotes rn, specially since I'm on my phone. I can promise you I'll get them for you next day, unless you say its important.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I was reading Wam's scum game in Stellaris before I went to bed, and his scum play is much more polished than this I think. He can make his posts pretty if he wants to and his logic is much more self-generated and built in a way as to move the game in a direction he wants.
But scum!wam was quite easy to catch in WoT3. You can't infer from a single game.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
How important is it for you for me to bring a few quotes of Kary asking about some context/ seeming frustrated. Thats what the underlined was about, I saw some frustration from him at not getting context, and you didn't mention that.

I'd rather not dig for those quotes rn, specially since I'm on my phone. I can promise you I'll get them for you next day, unless you say its important.
It's important because you and somi both stated there were inaccuracies in my case. This comes off to me as a TMI view (knowing Kary is town) / blanket statement to dismiss the case without having actually really reasoned through it. I want to know that you really believe there was more than one inaccuracy.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
It's important because you and somi both stated there were inaccuracies in my case. This comes off to me as a TMI view (knowing Kary is town) / blanket statement to dismiss the case without having actually really reasoned through it. I want to know that you really believe there was more than one inaccuracy.
Fine.

Can I get an answer that isn't a reference to another game it's impossible for me to compare against?
never got answered.
Making it harder for other people to read your slot doesn't strike me as pro-town. I feel like being cryptic and vague and not very forthcoming is like textbook 'muddying the waters'.
Which leads to frustration, and they don't ask again.

Granted theres less than I remembered, so I'll give you the point on that. I still find you saying that there were no Frozen posts in between incredibly disingenuous. Because how it was presented made it sound like from when Kary said Chaco and FF were together to when she made the list, so I assumed it was an inaccuracy.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Obviously I was counting in between the time Kary actually made the case and his read list.. What are these other "inaccuracies" you speak of?
Well, that wasn't really obvious though, seems like "these posts" would refer to the posts in which FrozenFlame is mentioned.
What are the other "inaccuracies"?
Okay, you got me. I guess I said plural, because missing several posts seems like a pretty big one. Or I was influenced by mala saying it in scumchat

unvote
vote somi

self defence L-1
vote Wam
I'm about to call it a night, my sleep schedule's kind of messed up.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Somitomi(5): Chaco, Fontisian, Synchronicity, FrozenFlame, Dark Horse
Wam (5): Sabrar, Pythag, Kary, BoomFrog, LaserGuy

This is how I'm looking at things currently. Light blue is peeps I trust more, orange is the others.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 1.13

Somitomi(6): Chaco, Fontisian, Synchronicity, FrozenFlame, Dark Horse, Wam
Wam (6): Sabrar, Pythag, Kary, BoomFrog, LaserGuy, Somitomi
FrozenFlame (1): Malakandra,

Deadline is in a little under 30 minutes from this post. With 13 alive, it takes seven to reach majority.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Well, that wasn't really obvious though, seems like "these posts" would refer to the posts in which FrozenFlame is mentioned.

Okay, you got me. I guess I said plural, because missing several posts seems like a pretty big one. Or I was influenced by mala saying it in scumchat

vote Wam
I'm about to call it a night, my sleep schedule's kind of messed up.
any like final defence

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Just so you know, if you don't vote then somi will be yeeted per rules.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
its wild that chaco vouched for this somi elim and surely it only makes him look worse?
boom saying congratulations feels sketchy, jesus
mala is obvious town
wam self-pres doesn't change much but i still don't like it
aaaand somi self pres as well
yay

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Who would you be excited about? (besides LG)
I could be convinced to go for Kary as well I think. There's nothing wrong with their play but it seems shallow. They seem competent enough to be digging deeper into motivations then they seem to be.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
My brain it telling my to yeet Somi but my heart is telling me to yeet Wam.
Somi. Lg is fine too, but I'm not sure the votes are there. I just don't want to lynch wam.
I know you've probably already said it, but can you tell me again or link as to why?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 1.14

Somitomi(7): Chaco, Fontisian, Synchronicity, FrozenFlame, Dark Horse, Wam, Boomfrog
Wam (5): Sabrar, Pythag, Kary, LaserGuy, Somitomi
FrozenFlame (1): Malakandra,

A majority has been reached! Please refrain from posting as I prepare the flip.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Somitomi has been Eliminated.

Somitomi was Spyro The Dragon, Vanilla Townie.

Abilities: None
Win condition All threats to town are eliminated and at least one member of town is still alive.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 deadline is 5:00 PM Central on Sunday the 13th. Live End of Night Countdown

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Sabrar was killed in the night. They were:

Hello Sabrar, and welcome to These Are Things I Like the Mafia Game. You are Red from Transistor, Town Tracker.

Ability: Once per night phase, you may PM me the name of one player you would like to track. You will learn who that player has targeted with a night action, if any.
Win condition: All threats to town are eliminated with at least one town member still alive.

It is now Day 2. Day 2 Ends on Thursday the 17th at 5 PM CST. End of Day Countdown With 11 Alive, it takes 6 votes to eliminate

fontisian fontisian #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary LaserGuy LaserGuy Chaco Chaco #HBC | Dark Horse #HBC | Dark Horse #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Pythag Pythag BoomFrog BoomFrog Sabrar Sabrar Synchronicity Synchronicity Malakandra Malakandra Wam Wam

Last edited:

Wam

Smash Ace
So thinking about it over the weekend the Somi lynch to me seemed very weird. So overnight I went back and looked at it again.

Vote 1 was Chaco below. Page 11 on the thread.
Somitomi

I really didn’t like this post due to the middle line. Does not at all seem genuine. Seems altruistic and empty. -1

Once again a call on the wagons which isn’t necessary, but provides nothing to further content. -1

At least like the fact here that Somi is starting to interject and question things. +

Again with the unnecessary outspoken appeal to towniness regarding over use of votes etc. it just does not feel genuine. -

Further questioning of response to Gorf v DH. At this time the only content brought forward has been about them and random jabs at wagons. Town points for following up. +

The bottom part of this post is actually good. It leaves a stance on Wam, FF, and myself. But what I notice here again is a small upon the voting, which I’m finding more weird. Town points for establishing thoughts. +1

I don’t really like the top here. Once again I feel like it lacks a certain inflection I’m looking for. However, Somi is correct for questioning this because their content has been minimal, so then points. +

Continuing to follow up on previous points.+1

Overall Score: +2

Conclusion: Somi has had minimal content this game and seems to focus on the same slots every time that they post. I would like to see them branch out and put a full game evaluation. I really dislike all the focus at the beginning on trying to seemingly gain some favor from their call outs of the RVS wagons. It’s RVS so those posts were just completely unnecessary. Interested in what connections are present due to focus on Gorf/Font and DH slots. I need a lot more from Somitomi to feel comfortable here, especially after they lurked to victory last game. Although they ended on a positive scoring, I dont feel as if it supersedes the beginning of game appeals that just left me feeling odd about the slot.

Vote: Somitomi
Vote 2 was font as below on page 18.

Vote: Somi
Vote 3 was sync here

Vote: somitomi
vote 4 was FF here

Unvote: Wam
Vote: Somitomi
vote 5 was DH here

**** it

Vote: Somi

Could also swing fonti now. Fonti could be scum trying to egg on a town!FF. My gut says that two scumbuds wouldn't be too blatant like that
6 was me and 7 was boomfrog switching at the end.

This post below from FF strike me as weird. At this point the votes were:
Chaco (4): Kary, LaserGuy, Wam, Somitomi
FrozenFlame (4): BoomFrog, Sabrar, Malakandra, Dark Horse
Wam (1): FrozenFlame,
Kary (1): Synchronicity
Somitomi(1): Chaco
Laserguy(1): Fontisian

bro in what universe am I a better yeet than wam or somi? What is the basis for this arbitrary order? Feels TMI honestly
Why out of those would you assume the lynch was between somi and myself? Unless that was a plan being discussed.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Why sheep font? even if they were 100% confirmed town they could still be wrong? WHy do you want to sheep them? Also I find openly stating sheeping being missed given the amount of flak I caught for sheeping!

I mean you almost did, you're the bottom of the null pile right on the line to the "can go" pile. kind of like what fonti said in her most recent post, I think it hurts the town more in the long run to misyeet town!boom than the 3 in my can go pile if you happen to be town

you're treating this early read like I'm going to abide by it like gospel for the whole ****ing game, it was an early gut read that I expressed based on what I saw at that point. Ultimately I think you're right, somi's play since then has largely been closer to what I saw from him in vanilla and my town lean is quickly fading here

ok you can literally ** off forever trying to condescendingly coach me about what townies ought to "keep in their private notes for later" and what they should express in thread when it comes to mind. seriously ** off forever with this absolute horse** and never ***ing ever tell me how to play townie ever ****ing again. I resent this * so ****ing much. What if I was NK'd N1? Then I'd NEVER get a chance to make the point and place the flag in the sand! It was not ****ing filler content, it was a genuine observation that jump out as strange to me. You don't get to tell people what's "proper" to keep private at what stages in the game and what's appropriate to express publicly to get feedback on. You are so shamelessly projecting your own personal strategies and values as mafia startegy gospel in this it hurts

I literally didn't want to wait. Why wait when the slot can just as well answer the question? What benefit is there to town casting ambiguous votes where it is unclear what you were actually intending to do?

you realize all of this can also be explained by me actually rolling town this time right? Or are you being deliberately dense?

If I said to chaco my vote was staying on him regardless of his response to my question, then it takes the gravity out of his response, and actually gives him a clear out to just not even respond knowing that it will be futile to do so. I wanted there to be an actual carrot

I'm obviously being hyperbolic but seriously, you think FONTI of all the slots in this game would try to pocket me? Why? She had me dead to rights in midnight ops. There's no ****ing way fonti is afraid of town!me if she's scum because she already knows she can convince people to yeet me if she wants. I pose no threat to scum!fonti. In fact, scum!fonti probably thinks I'm a free ****in misyeet. Also I'm pretty sure fonti just doesn't like me as a player generally and she's entitled to that opinion, I get it, my playstyle isn't for everyone, but yeah there's no real possibility in my mind that scum!Fonti puts even an iota of effort into pocketing me when her time is probably much better spent in such a scenario pocketing XKCD power players

this is the worst scum team pitch I've seen in a long time, like what? Kary and I have both attacked each other this phase without any push from other slots, I've said Wam can and am still voting for the slot, like dude what? Why would scum try to buss each other early like this for no ****ing reason?

is comment re: synchro a joke or did you legitimately not know synchro is a bessie/xivii hydra?

your case against me is so blatantly sheepy and bad it does not warrant a response

I cosign this entire post, most accurate take on the gamestate I've seen all game. Fonti so ****ing obvtown I'm going to legitimately sheep this slot at this point
The post below has a hint of scum trying to chose between two town wagons and wanting to look good.

First, I want to thank everyone for actually participating. It's amazing to have a D1 where everyone seriously votes and plays hard.

Second, I'm not very excited about either of these yeets. This is just a short list of the two players who have the most difficulty keeping up with the game
And to be honest I'm not sure what to take from all that. But It has reinforced my Font scum read as they really pushed it. Chaco I don't know could be misguided town could be scum looking to take themselves out the lynch pile.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
RIP

So it seems this is probably Midnight 2.0. The scumteam is within Laser, Mala, Frozen, and Fonti.

Mala is obvscum from this post. It's so fake. Along with his inability to follow up properly on his "inaccuracies" statement here. As opposed to somi who was just like "yea you're right," Mala was scrambling for an answer, and came up with something that makes no sense.

Frozen is obvscum obvscum. It's actually pretty silly that we didn't yeet him yesterday looking back on it. Frozen has been TMI reading people all over the place. Such as his TMI town read of somi early on and his backtrack.

Thinking through everything, the way Fonti and Frozen have been treating each other is highly buddy indicative. Frozen assigning Fonti as 0% scum and that not drawing any attention to her is incredibly suspect. Additionally, Fonti seems to be blind to how obvscum Frozen is. It's all so fake.

Laser's push and tunnel on Chaco is bad. Didn't like his brush off of the Kary case either. His early premature town reads of Mala and somi were super scummy too.

Scenario 1: Fonti simply has a blindspot for Frozen and the scum team is literally the Midnight team: Laser, Mala, Frozen

Scenario 2: There are 2 scum teams, each consisting of 2 of the 4 players.

Scenario 3: We are dealing with a 9-3-1.

Yeeting Fonti would gives us the best clue as to which we are dealing with. But Frozen and Mala have the highest chance of flipping scum.

Vote: Frozen

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Top Bottom