• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thieves.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Question!! Who were those 2 indians kids eating those rainbow cookies while sitting on top of the table when my gf went to get me food?

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
This is why I never bring my stuff to tournies...

If anybody took Doom's Wii, please give it back. Just say it was a mistake, or leave it around at a tourney hes at if you feel guilty lol. He's really nice, and def doesn't deserve this.

.Marik

is a social misfit
OOOOK, Marik, I definitely appreciate the comment, but how someone acts on the internet, when that's all you have, will never acquit anyone of stealing someone's Wii. As for the actual issue at hand, neither Scott! nor I went with Wiis, or left with Wiis, which I hope Xionix can attest to, since he gave both of us a ride. Best of luck, Doom.
Let me add this came from people who have met you IRL.

Sorry if I offended you in some way?

It's pretty obvious you never stole the Wii though. How I knew? I just felt it.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
This is why I never bring my stuff to tournies...

If anybody took Doom's Wii, please give it back. Just say it was a mistake, or leave it around at a tourney hes at if you feel guilty lol. He's really nice, and def doesn't deserve this.
What doom deserves.... a all homo asian Long Island hug... Doom don't deserve any of that stealing bs.. keep that to the streets seriously..

imagine if tourneys had like a fkin scanning machine (like the airports y'know?) **** would be hellish

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Okay, so...

Since it doesn't look like this is getting anywhere, does anyone want to donate? <_< Yes!, Xzax and Vex have all already offered money, if anyone else wants to do the same that'd be great. Neither myself nor my family can afford to replace it, and it'd really ruin an 8 year old kid's Christmas if we didn't have a Wii for him to play his new game on.

Alternatively, the heartless/cowardly shithead who did this could step up to the plate and tell me. Please...I'm desperate. Enough so that I'll pay whoever stole it whatever kind of donations I can get.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Man, this kind of stuff breaks my heart.

Do it for his little brother. Doom is even willing to pay the thief to give his Wii back, that's pretty generous if you ask me.

Well, good luck.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
WOW! What the **** kind of people are we dealing with today? I'm truly sorry to hear about this Doom, and I'll do my level best to get money together for you.

Seriously though, someone better fess up, or you can go to hell, straight up.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Dude i feel bad that **** happened to my friend as well. It was our 2nd Tourney we hosted it was large 50+ people we ran 7 tourneys that day near the end we are packing up and my friend who hosted the tourney with me had his Wii stolen. He was ****ing pissed we called everyone who attended and the only people we couldnt reach was this group from Ohio that no one knew.

Max Ketchum

Contact info isn't. Gamertag is. I'm the only player with anything related to Doom in this region.

Max Ketchum

Well, I'm sure that they'd have the sense to see that the Wii was individually marked, and look in populated places of Smasher traffic such as AllisBrawl or this site. It'd be a very simple search, I'm simply "Doom" on AiB and I'm one of the few active individuals with "Doom" in any part of their name on SWF.

Oath.

Smash Ace
stealing is gay obviously but i mean if you leave your **** hanging around a lot of people that you don't know on a personal level.. your asking for it..

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
Don't reward the person who stole your Wii by giving them money other people gave you. That money was/is/would be generously donated for the purpose of replacing your console. If you get it back, you should return any money received otherwise you're no better then the person who stole your Wii in the first place.

Unless you're just saying that to give an incentive to make them fess up, in which case ignore this.

Max Ketchum

I'm really that ****ing desperate. They can take my money, it's less important to me than ensuring my brother's happiness and getting back what was stolen from me.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I hope you get your **** back Doom, one way or another. I wish I could help, only way I can think of is a paypal fundraiser or something. I could donate around 10$... not much but you should be able to find 30-40 people who are willing to donate...

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
There might be a way to track your Wii if the thief longs onto the internet. Doesn't each Wii have something similar to an IP address? Have you actually called all the places in the area looking for footage of the event? Have you called the police?

As disgusted as I am by gutless thieves, I get the feeling you aren't pursuing this as hard as you could be. If you really want to make sure your little brother enjoys his Christmas you better put your Sherlock Holmes cap on and start thinking of some ways that you can catch this ****er. Start actively contacting people who were at the event. Ask questions, be nosy! People giving you money isn't going to bring you justice.

And all in all, I really do feel bad about saying this but, people shouldn't have to pay for your mistakes. You still have lots of time to figure out what happened. If you made the boards more aware of your situation then I'm sure there are people who could help you out here. I'm not sure how close 'Milford' was to the event, but it was in the same state, correct? Well buddy, you are dealing with a criminal. Don't be afraid to call the authorities. Someone I knew had three thousand dollars stolen from his online poker account and the first thing he did was call the police. Within a week he knew the thief's name, location and age. The sad part is that the guilty party lived in South America... but your situation isn't like that, is it? You CAN find the thief and you CAN get your Wii back.

GET PRO-ACTIVE. Start doing some research. Talk to your mom and find out if there is anything she knows about this sort of thing. Call the police and ask if there is any advice they can give you. The event was less than a week ago so you still have lots of time. As I mentioned, I'm pretty sure Wii's use a system very similar to IP addresses to connect to the net. You might be able to use this. If there were any variety stores close to the event see if they can't let you see some of the footage from that day. Just don't give up! It sounds like you have already resigned, when you should be working at this hard. If there are any smashers that went to this tournament, and live near you then contact them, I'm sure they would be glad to help. Get creative, I've only listed the things that I could think of.

I know how depressed you must be right now, but you can catch this mother****er!! You just have to stop whining and get aggressive. People who take advantage of the generosity of others don't deserve to get away with it. They make all of us look bad.

I hope I didn't sound like a jerk here, but I really think there are resources you haven't tapped into yet. If you guys want to donate money, then why not start a reward fund? If someone saw what happened but doesn't want to indicate anyone, then a monetary incentive might be what changes their mind. Even $50 would encourage people to start doing some detective work of their own.

Good luck!! And if you need any help or don't know where to begin I would be glad to give you some advice. Just send me a message. If we all work together I'm sure we can do this.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
lol i agree with clint.
if you don't start getting more agressive about this, the thief is going to find out your on to him and just pawn the wii off to some store. we don't want that to happen.

i'm just saying bro.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I wasn't there (Different country and all that) but how "Guarded" were the doors? Some smash tournaments I'm at have closed door and stuff, where as some let randoms walk in, stroll around, etc.

If the venue was a hotel, from what I can gather, there may be a chance someone poked their head in to see what was going on, and then saw the Wii and just took it.

All I'm saying is it may not have been a smasher at all, depending on how open the venue was.

If I were in the same area, and my brother didn't play the thing so much, as you I'd gladly GIVE you my Wii. If it's not foudn by the time I get paid, I'll try to donate something at the very least if you have a paypal.

Top Bottom