• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's pretty pixels: Round Two!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
So nobody freak out or anything but I'm making some progress on developing a model ripping/recreation program. Was able to export all of pintana park from Sunshine with correct textures and such.
New map here we come!

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
So nobody freak out or anything but I'm making some progress on developing a model ripping/recreation program. Was able to export all of pintana park from Sunshine with correct textures and such.
New map here we come!
Requesting permission to freak out.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
New map here we come!
You said dont freak out. Containing all of the excitement nearly caused me to pass out. With great model comes great power. Much excitement, cant even type correctly or think of anything to say

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
You said dont freak out. Containing all of the excitement nearly caused me to pass out. With great model comes great power. Much excitement, cant even type correctly or think of anything to say
Hey man congrats on 2000 posts

500YearOldGrandpa

Smash Cadet
Update, fixed the outline on jigglypuff to make the outline a little more like G&W, and fixed the rest of the shaders/colors aswell. I'll update the mod soon :)

EDIT: it's updated!

Say, you still got the old version around? I'd be curious to see how it would look with the full outline in gameboy green.

Looks cool, gonna try it out when I have time.

Selpar

Smash Cadet
New map here we come!
That program sounds extremely useful. Does it work with all GameCube games or just Sunshine? I reserve my right to freak out if you tell me that it works on all GameCube games after all I'd love to have a Clocktown map, and I own a copy of Majora's Mask on GC.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I suppose you didn't start working on hipster ganon yet, so maybe changing the idea a bit would be okay. Instead of one model, its 2 now (or you could choose the one that you would like to work on). 1st model is hoodie ganon with his hoodie on his head, and with no cape. 2nd is ganon with that beanie and wearing those dumb and huge hipster glasses, I don't know if you should give him extra clothing, this model is also without a cape. Well, you can do whatever you feel like at the end, it doesn't matter to me if you change it up to your liking.

splat

Smash Lord
Here's hoow I did it, a rather simple bone edit.
[magic.gif]
To go into the "magic" of how this all works.

I add the bone structure to the EyeYellowM bone, this is so that the EyeYellowM bone, which usually isn't used an any animation, affects the entire structure.

Next, I renamed the bone to "Magic" so that I was sure it wouldn't be used in any animations, a safety measure really.

Finally, I changed the scale of the X on the bone to 0.01, which flattens the model out without affecting the rest of the animated bone structure.

The REAL magic is the shaders/materials I had to hand make to make the outline work in 3D and 2D. it's much more efficent than G&W's.
Would this be possible for every character, or is it only possible to do on characters like Puff? I really like themes between characters and I think it'd be sweet to have a G&W effect on every character :)

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Say, you still got the old version around? I'd be curious to see how it would look with the full outline in gameboy green.

Looks cool, gonna try it out when I have time.
If you open the model and click on the material for "Outline" you can restore it to how it used to be by changing the cull mode to outside and setting the object's priority to 0

Would this be possible for every character, or is it only possible to do on characters like Puff? I really like themes between characters and I think it'd be sweet to have a G&W effect on every character :)
Only characters with an EyeYellowM bone

Last edited:

500YearOldGrandpa

Smash Cadet
If you open the model and click on the material for "Outline" you can restore it to how it used to be by changing the cull mode to outside and setting the object's priority to 0
Ayyy, thanks, it worked!

(Scuse the 10 minute texture job on the eyes)

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Great job on the Jigglypuff. I have two requests, but I didn't read all 11 pages of this topic so sorry if I'm requesting something that has already been requested.
1. Poke Floats - my favorite stage in melee for when I just want to have a good time and don't care about if I win.
2. Pichu Brothers - these guys are so cute I'd love for them to be in Project M, and the voice actor for Pichu Little is the same as voice actor who did the the Melee Pichu so I always thought it was weird that Pichu Big is no where to be seen.
Brawl vault has a working version of poke floats even though I believe it's an augmented version of poke floats 2. Have you tried it out before?

Finished optomizing it! Now to do the materials and export it out.
Dang, with all this new content the temptation to mod again is so strong.. Must... Resist...

Last edited:

Selpar

Smash Cadet
Brawl vault has a working version of poke floats even though I believe it's an augmented version of poke floats 2. Have you tried it out before?

Dang, with all this new content the temptation to mod again is so strong.. Must... Resist...
I couldn't find poke floats on Brawl vault that website is extremely disorganized and the search bar pulls up any post that contain any of the words used in you search even if they are used as part of a word so Poke results in every post that contains the word Pokemon. If anyone has a link to where I can find the stage I'd love to have it, in the mean time I guess I'll try digging through the Brawl Vault again to see if I can find it this time.

Thanks for letting me know that there is a working version though.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Three things!
1. Finished Nighttime Dreamland!

2. Would you guys be interested in a phantom ganon skin?
1. Thanks Theytah! I seriously appreciate it! However, I can't seem to get this to load? All other stages load just fine, but when I pick dreamland it just says "Ready to fight!" and never actually loads the stage, but instead just freezes my Wii.

2. That would be so sick.

Last edited:

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
1. Thanks Theytah! I seriously appreciate it! However, I can't seem to get this to load? All other stages load just fine, but when I pick dreamland it just says "Ready to fight!" and never actually loads the stage, but instead just freezes my Wii.

2. That would be so sick.
At number 1, I have the same issue, so I think it's the stage itself

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
I'll see what I can think of, I know that doing a 64 inspired skin would be easy, but as for the pajama style skin, I'm terrible at modeling hair (who isn't) but I might try it so I can practice.
Hey man, anything you do would be appreciated, considering you're doing this whole thing selflessly, thank you for even considering it!

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
any game that runs DirectX
Does that mean you could make Nutty Noon from kirby rtd and some cool snow stage from dkcr? And anything from pikmin? (Wistful wild omg yesss)
Just asking if it's possible btw.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Does that mean you could make Nutty Noon from kirby rtd and some cool snow stage from dkcr? And anything from pikmin? (Wistful wild omg yesss)
Kirby's Return to Dreamland uses the same files as brawl actually, so I could just directly port it in.

And with a little work, pinna park is ingame! just need to tweak/fix it.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Nutty Noon and a DKCR snow stage would be fantastic.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Aside from Pro-Optimizer, how else do you optimize your stages and whatnot?
I don't use pro-optomizer actually, most of the optomizing I do is either manual or done by arranging the points into quads and then using a threhsold to merge them.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I don't use pro-optomizer actually, most of the optomizing I do is either manual or done by arranging the points into quads and then using a threhsold to merge them.
Oh whoops, you as in like the common importer lol.

So you arrange verts into quads and then weld 'em?

mythbust4000

Smash Journeyman
NNID

Fired up and ready to go! Now begins round 2 of my request thread!

How it works
1. Post any type of request you'd like! A model fix, texture request, import, anything you want!
2. I'm going to immediately start on the most appealing thing that I see, at the end of each week, I'm going to make a strawpoll of all the requests for the week and pin it in the main post (as well as at the end of the thread) where you can vote on what I work on next! If a request is impossible or out of my skill/time/resource range, I'll post back and let you know.
3. As requests are finished, I'll post them here, sometimes one at a time, sometimes in batch posts, depending on how fast I can work on making them.
4. Download your request and have fun using it in game!

NOTE: All of the suggestions that I take on are going to be at my own leisure, as I'm still young and have things like midterms and other school stuff that has to come first in my life. However if I find free time I'm usually working on requests or official PM stuff.

This week's strawpoll: (None yet)
Contenders!
  • Abandoned PS2 (Empty Stadium, screens off, etc)
  • Hoodie Ganon​
  • Hipster Ganon​
  • Lucas 64 themed skin​
  • Lucas PJ skin​

Project Monolith: An entirely new announcer for PM![/SIZE]

Kill count icons for the CSS:

Pixelated heart stock icons:

Link to info.pac with heart stocks.

Preview Template for character files on brawlvault!
Linky

That's all for now!

Anything to replace temple

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
DREAMLAND NIGHT IS FIXED! Editing the fog data corrupted the stage, should be fine now as i've tested it on my wii

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
in other good news, I've finally gotten my username back!

Also, once I make a certain amount of content here, I'm gonna start putting it all together into a new custom build, I was going to use my old custom build as a base, but there's so much that I've learned about modding that there's no point in re-doing it rather than making a completely new one.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
in other good news, I've finally gotten my username back!

Also, once I make a certain amount of content here, I'm gonna start putting it all together into a new custom build, I was going to use my old custom build as a base, but there's so much that I've learned about modding that there's no point in re-doing it rather than making a completely new one.
I will look forward to it.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff on that video series you have up Theytah, it was very helpful. Here is a model request I have that is beyond my abilities at the moment. Olimar seems to be lacking in alt costumes, and a bad ending Olimar or Pikiminified Olimar would be the ideal criteria for our intrepid explorer. I'm not sure if you'd want the leaf or the flower for the antennae, but it would be a hilarious costume nonetheless.

Selpar

Smash Cadet

I checked again, and couldn't find Poke Floats on Brawl Vault. I found "Poke Floats 2" but that isn't exactly what I'd call a working stage, because it has some really bad collision problems (you fall through some parts of the Pokemon instead of landing on them Scyther and Primeape in particular are really bad), and the stage is basically designed to kill low mobility characters like Ganondorf.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Good stuff on that video series you have up Theytah, it was very helpful. Here is a model request I have that is beyond my abilities at the moment. Olimar seems to be lacking in alt costumes, and a bad ending Olimar or Pikiminified Olimar would be the ideal criteria for our intrepid explorer. I'm not sure if you'd want the leaf or the flower for the antennae, but it would be a hilarious costume nonetheless.
I honestly was thinking either Olimar In a pikmin suit or the president's suit, but that'd work too

Top Bottom