• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There might be a new Kid Icarus game for Wii!!!

lil cj

Smash Lord
There might be a new Kid Icarus game coming out for Wii, Nintendo is thinking about reviving the series. Its not confirmed yet, but hopefully Nintendo will start production of the project soon. We all want to play as our favorite angel in the new generation.
It is even rumored that Pit is going to grow up,you know what that means Adult Pit!!!
So I guess the game will be like a mixture of Fable and God of War.
I know this is not about brawl, but I jus had to post this to let all the Pit mains out there know that there is hope to play as Pit again:)
Heres the article:

"
Earlier this year, we broke the news that Factor 5 is working internally to revive the beloved Kid Icarus franchise. Although we do not have much new information in regards to the project, we have acquired nearly 30 pieces of concept art for the game, showing various different versions of Pit's new design, plus concept work for some of his weapons.

When we last wrote about the project, Factor 5 was in the process of pitching it to Nintendo. In the time since, we've spoken to at least one source that claims the Big N has expressed interest in publishing such a project. However, at this time, we are uncertain of whether or not Nintendo has committed to doing so. In other words, we have been unable to confirm whether or not Nintendo has officially green-lighted the project, but if we had to speculate, we'd say things are looking good for it.

The artwork we've published comes from a pitch document we got our hands on in the early part of 2008. Since then, sources have told us the game's artwork has advanced considerably. Despite this artwork not being reflective of the game's current standing, we've decided to share it so fans can get a look at what Factor 5 has experimented with.

The last nugget of information we have to share with you is in regards to the game's plot. At the time of the document's writing, Factor 5 had imagined a plot starring a grown-up, adult Pit, who is "cursed for thousands of years for a crime and becomes a 'fallen angel.'" The pitch adds that "a tattoo on Pit's arm bears the inscription of Pit's crime."

When asked for comment on the existence of a Factor 5-developed installment in the Kid Icarus franchise, Nintendo gave us the expected "no comment on rumors" statement.

Unfortunately, that's all we have for you for now. Be sure to check out the media gallery below for a look at the concept art for the project.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
This was supposed to be shown at E3, but of course it wasn't. Factor 5 has been completely silent on the topic, and Nintendo has neither confirmed or denied. If a sequel is indeed in the works, I'd be ecstatic. NES Kid Icarus is up there in my favorite games, and with elements of all of Nintendo's key franchises, I'm sure a Wii incarnation would be a smash hit no matter what direction it takes.

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
It'd be interesting, but they had better explain the whole crime thing really well. Just doesn't make sense character wise unless there was a good reason.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
For Some reason, I like kid Pit more. It's not that I dont like the adult (i do like him), but seeing a Powerful "Young" angel is what gets me a lot.
To me, I love seeing Young characters go at it, rather than adults who are almost always powerful.
However, I wont judge from what the Pictures show. Something as simple as a small taste of its gameplay will probably make me decide.
Right now, I like Kid Pit's hair, the yellow thing that's in his hair, his cute blue eyes, and the look of his bow.
In that picture showing adult Pit's rings, it looks like there is fire arrows, maybe electric arrows, and idk what that green thing is.
Currently I favor Kid Pit, for being cute, young, and powerful. Let's hope we get more info on this.

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Eh, these characters don't seem.. 'Pit-ish' enough. They look like they're 30~40 which would take a while to get used to. They could at least make him look younger. ._.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
This probably should go in a different room, but whatever.

Yah, all I gotta say is I hope they keep Pit lookin the way he does in Brawl. annoying voice and all.

I love the idea of an angel who wants to be a ninja! "heeya! hiyayaya! haaayaaa!" Thats pretty cool..

but no in all seriousness, those pictures are just the beginnings of ideas. I read the article on them. The makers said the ideas have progressed into an entirely different direction.

THANK GOD. Those Pit's look sooooo gay. Adult Pit? Maybe they could do the Ocarina of Time idea and give you the option to be both? who knows? But I prefer kid Pit. Its kinda what makes it "kid" icarus. ya know? haha. Would be ironic to not make him a kid. I just hope its an epic game and they don't make him look ***gy. Thats all I ask. They should keep a lot of the ideas brawl implemented. Like being able to control the arrows would be an awesome part of game play in the new game. I mean, this game has LOADS of potential. I just hope it lives up to the hype if it does come out.

O.M.E.G.A

Smash Cadet
This probably should go in a different room, but whatever.

Yah, all I gotta say is I hope they keep Pit lookin the way he does in Brawl. annoying voice and all.

I love the idea of an angel who wants to be a ninja! "heeya! hiyayaya! haaayaaa!" Thats pretty cool..

but no in all seriousness, those pictures are just the beginnings of ideas. I read the article on them. The makers said the ideas have progressed into an entirely different direction.

THANK GOD. Those Pit's look sooooo gay. Adult Pit? Maybe they could do the Ocarina of Time idea and give you the option to be both? who knows? But I prefer kid Pit. Its kinda what makes it "kid" icarus. ya know? haha. Would be ironic to not make him a kid. I just hope its an epic game and they don't make him look ***gy. Thats all I ask. They should keep a lot of the ideas brawl implemented. Like being able to control the arrows would be an awesome part of game play in the new game. I mean, this game has LOADS of potential. I just hope it lives up to the hype if it does come out.
I agree with all of that. I really hope that isn't how they are making pit. I want it to be the same brawl pit and 3d.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
By all means keep Kid Pit the way he is in brawl. He looks cool and cute that way. As mentioned before, I basically love the way he currently looks in brawl, and I wouldnt mind another game, but for our sakes, keep Pit young! A cute face like his shouldnt have to go.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
By all means keep Kid Pit the way he is in brawl. He looks cool and cute that way. As mentioned before, I basically love the way he currently looks in brawl, and I wouldnt mind another game, but for our sakes, keep Pit young! I acute face like his shouldnt have to go.
LOL, your always mentioning how cute Pit is man. I see it in like all of your posts

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
If this game gets greenlighted (greenlit?), it'll debut at the TGS. I knew we wouldn't see it at E3.

Its so stupid to make Pit so radically different after A) we haven't had a Kid Icarus game since 1991! and B) Sakurai and friends GAVE us the definitive, redefined Pit that we all already love in Brawl! Giving us this older, He-Man looking Prince of Persia Pit is an insult; definately not the way to rekindle the Kid Icarus franchise! Even though the series isn't called Kid Icarus in Japan, it is elsewhere and I gatta say, I fail to see the kid in that concept art.

I should be happy that we might get the KI franchise anewed, but this isn't what we wanted; rather, this isn't what I wanted. The whole curse aspect, the adult design, the radical and unneeded changes...

Felis

Smash Cadet
By all means keep Kid Pit the way he is in brawl. He looks cool and cute that way. As mentioned before, I basically love the way he currently looks in brawl, and I wouldnt mind another game, but for our sakes, keep Pit young! I acute face like his shouldnt have to go.
I would acutally love for pit to grow up and be a man like falcon or snake. I dislike the way he looks now because i think he is more than just some fairy boy.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484

This one is the closest of them all to Brawl's Pit. Dual swords that can combine into a stringless bow, with the bow's "string" being made of light, and Pit actually passes as a adult looking Pit.

This would work, too, if it weren't for the face. Obviously, if this were the chosen design, the face (and overall look) would be tweaked further.

Top Bottom