• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There better not be too many characters per franchise in SSBB.

parrothead

Smash Lord
These characters are what many people want in SSBB. If you want me to update it, that's fine:

Mario characters:

Geno (Even though, he is 3RD-Party)
Mallow (Even though, he is 3RD-Party)
Petey Piranha
Bowser JR.
Dry Bones
Liquid Mario
Metal Mario
Hammer Mario
Tanooki Mario
Frog Mario
FLUDD Mario
Vacuum Luigi

Zelda characters:

Ralph
Darunia
Feirce Diety/Oni Link
Deku Link
Vaati
Dark Link
Onox
Agahnim
Veran
Tingle
Skull Kid
Nabooru
Impa (OOT version)
Wolf Link

Kirby characters:

King Dedede
Knuckle Joe
Gooey
Bonkers (Hammer mini-boss)
Buggzy
Cloaked Nightmare (a.k.a.: N.M.E., Nightmare)

Fire Emblem characters:

Black Knight
Ira
Lyndis
Hector
Ike
Sigurd
Eliwood (people who want this character don't think he fights like Marth and Roy.)
Jaffar
Myrrh
Celice
Leaf

Golden Sun characters:

Isaac
Felix
Jenna
Garet

Star Fox characters:

Krystal
Wolf
Leon
Panther
Peppy
Slippy

Pokemon/Pocket Monsters

Deoxys
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Scyther
Blaziken
Charizard
Ash Ketchum/Red
Raichu
Squirtle
Plusle & Minun (tag-team)

Donkey Kong characters:

Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Kiddy Kong
King K. Rool

Metroid characters:

Dark Samus
Ridley
U-Mos
Some Bounty Hunters

MOTHER/EarthBound series characters:

Starman DX/Starman JR.
New Aged Retro Hippie
Teddy
Frank Fly
Paula
Jeff
Poo
Dungeon Man/Brick Road
Flint
Lucas
Claus
Duster
Kumatora
Pokey Minch

F-ZERO characters:

Black Shadow
DeathBorn
Jody Summer
Phoenix
Beastman
Samurai Goroh
Mighty Gazelle
Princia

I really don't want Sakurai to add too many characters per franchise. Not all of these I mentioned will not be added into SSBB. One or two of the most unique ones should enter.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, I think it's a really great idea to exclude awesome characters because of the franchise they appeared in. That's sounds like a good idea.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Right, you're saying that all characters should be separated into "franchise lists" as you have made, and then a certain number should be taken from each, instead of just picking the best characters for the game.

I sarcastically reiterate that that's a really good idea.

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
parrothead said:
These characters are what many people want in SSBB. If you want me to update it, that's fine:

Petey Piranha

Pokey Minch

...O.k. umm... people actually have said that they want these two things in Brawl? Let alone "many" people want these things in Brawl? I'm sorry if I find that so humorous, but... I mean it's just you had such a big list laid out... and Petey and Pokey really seem to be going overboard. Not bashing it or anything. It just to me seems so stretched out that it's kinda funny.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
-Mace-Solo- said:
...O.k. umm... people actually have said that they want these two things in Brawl? Let alone "many" people want these things in Brawl? I'm sorry if I find that so humorous, but... I mean it's just you had such a big list laid out... and Petey and Pokey really seem to be going overboard. Not bashing it or anything. It just to me seems so stretched out that it's kinda funny.
Hey, Pokey is awesome. He may not be Brawl Material (then again, who is?) but don't knock him until you've walked a mile in his supporter's shoes.

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
I must admit, I suppose I'm not at full liberty to judge him. I've only gone by a certain character named Pokey in the Snes Earthbound. I didn't know his last name was Minch, but my point being is that I might even know if it's a different person.

I'm actually going through the Snes Earthbound right now, and so far the Pokey I know of has only complained to me, or either betrayed me several times. (It's my first time going through it so who knows, maybe there's a good quality that you know of that I haven't seen yet or something.) So you can see where I'm coming from with it. I'm not meaning to bash him at all.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
-Mace-Solo- said:
I must admit, I suppose I'm not at full liberty to judge him. I've only gone by a certain character named Pokey in the Snes Earthbound. I didn't know his last name was Minch, but my point being is that I might even know if it's a different person.

I'm actually going through the Snes Earthbound right now, and so far the Pokey I know of has only complained to me, or either betrayed me several times. (It's my first time going through it so who knows, maybe there's a good quality that you know of that I haven't seen yet or something.) So you can see where I'm coming from with it. I'm not meaning to bash him at all.
Don't worry, thats him. And don't worry, the boss fight with him is pretty cool. (Nothing more =))

D-20 Dice

Smash Ace
I have actually heard people say(type) on GameFAQs that they want Petty in Brawl.

TC, I understand what you mean, but the fanboys don't decide what's in the game. So the chance is zero that all of those characters will make it into the final product.

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
dotdotdot! said:
Don't worry, thats him. And don't worry, the boss fight with him is pretty cool. (Nothing more =))

Haha cool man, thanks for not spoiling it for me. ^^

parrothead

Smash Lord
I know there are too many good characters per franchise, but it is best to have about two or three characters per franchise.

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
parrothead said:
I know there are too many good characters per franchise, but it is best to have about two or three characters per franchise.

Seems Mario and Link broke that a long time ago.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
Though I'm all for diversity and unique characters, excluding a deserving character from Brawl just because there are already many representatives from their series IS a little rediculous. I would definitely like to see a few games with a single representative (Pikmin, Ice Climbers, etc) instead of just a few series with many representatives... a nice mix would be perfect. :)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
McFox said:
Right, you're saying that all characters should be separated into "franchise lists" as you have made, and then a certain number should be taken from each, instead of just picking the best characters for the game.

No need to crawl up his ***, man. He's just saying that he doesn't want the roster to be filled up with 10 million Mario characters, when they could just as easily pull out, say, King Dedede to take the spot that, I don't know, Petey has. It's not meant as "lol i hate everything ever," it's a concern hoping that they don't place in characters all from the same few franchises. Some characters NEED to be in Brawl, like Dedede. Like Diddy. Like Lucario. But there's also other, great ideas out there are NOT Zelda characters or Pokemon or any of that.

That's all parrothead was saying. Let him voice his friggin opinion >.<

burrito

Smash Lord
It goes without saying that the more popular series are going to have more characters, but I do hope that Nintendo doesn't ignore their other franchises. It does really bother me that a lot of people are asking for supporting characters from games already in the franchise and ignoring new fresh franchises.

link00678

Smash Rookie
you forgot sylux and weavel in metroid prime and everybody wants zora link in my school (deku link'll suck he'll die as soon as hit with ylinks fire arrows lol)

YAY krystal and wolf! thought I was alone on that one.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I say the more the better, i want dark samus in there, deoxys, oni link, liquid mario, the list just goes on and on!!

link00678

Smash Rookie
parrothead said:
zora link and fierce diety are the zelda ones this time, I hope

xianfeng

Smash Hero
parrothead said:

Mario characters:

Geno
Mallow
Petey Piranha
Dry Bones
Metal Mario
Hammer Mario
Tanooki Mario
Frog Mario
FLUDD Mario
Vacuum Luigi

Zelda characters:

Ralph
Darunia
Feirce Diety/Oni Link
Deku Link
Vaati
Dark Link
Onox
Agahnim
Veran
Tingle
Skull Kid
Nabooru
Impa (OOT version)
Wolf Link

Kirby characters:

King Dedede
Knuckle Joe
Gooey
Bonkers (Hammer mini-boss)
Buggzy
Cloaked Nightmare (a.k.a.: N.M.E., Nightmare)

Fire Emblem characters:

Black Knight
Ira
Lyndis
Hector
Ike

Sigurd
Eliwood (people who want this character don't think he fights like Marth and Roy.)
Jaffar
Myrrh
Celice
Leaf

Golden Sun characters:

Isaac
Felix
Jenna
Garet

Star Fox characters:

Krystal
Wolf

Leon
Panther
Peppy
Slippy

Pokemon/Pocket Monsters

Deoxys
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Scyther
Blaziken
Charizard
Ash Ketchum/Red
Raichu
Squirtle
Plusle & Minun (tag-team)
MEOWTH

Donkey Kong characters:

Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Kiddy Kong
King K. Rool

Metroid characters:

Dark Samus
Ridley
U-Mos
Some Bounty Hunters

MOTHER/EarthBound series characters:

Starman DX/Starman JR.
New Aged Retro Hippie
Teddy
Frank Fly
Paula
Jeff
Poo
Dungeon Man/Brick Road
Flint
Lucas
Claus
Duster
Kumatora
Pokey Minch

F-ZERO characters:

Black Shadow
DeathBorn
Jody Summer
Phoenix
Beastman
Samurai Goroh
Mighty Gazelle
Princia

I really don't want Sakurai to add too many characters per franchise. Not all of these I mentioned will not be added into SSBB. One or two of the most unique ones should enter.
all the ones in bold are the ones I think have a good chance

xianfeng

Smash Hero
link00678 said:
you forgot sylux and weavel in metroid prime and everybody wants zora link in my school (deku link'll suck he'll die as soon as hit with ylinks fire arrows lol)

YAY krystal and wolf! thought I was alone on that one.
you better start praying for Zora Link he's an unlikely one.

Trjn

Smash Cadet
I say, let the best characters in.

If that means 10 Mario characters and only one F-Zero character, so be it. If the 10 Mario characters are all good and deserve their spot, then why the hell not?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Trjn said:

If that means 10 Mario characters and only one F-Zero character, so be it. If the 10 Mario characters are all good and deserve their spot, then why the hell not?
But there are only 4 good mario characters Geno, Toad, Waluigi & Daisy and 2 good fzero characters Goroh & Jody

kaid

Smash Master
Rukario (english is Lucario) for the Pokemon slot.

Fighting/Steel Legendary from Diamond/Pearl, who can throw Ki blasts.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
It's a slap in the face if they give a spot to somebody like Waluigi and blow off Little Mac. NOBODY ELSE would be offended by something like that? I love Waluigi, but c'mon... that's just stupid.

Trjn

Smash Cadet
xianfeng said:
But there are only 4 good mario characters Geno, Toad, Waluigi & Daisy and 2 good fzero characters Goroh & Jody
That was just an example, I literally just named two franchises already in the game.

The point I'm making is that if there are good characters, it shouldn't matter what franchise they come from.

burrito

Smash Lord
Trjn said:
That was just an example, I literally just named two franchises already in the game.

The point I'm making is that if there are good characters, it shouldn't matter what franchise they come from.
Variety is one of the apsects of a good character.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Trjn said:

I know I was just trying to show who I think would be best from those series

nomis

Smash Journeyman
MenacingMike said:
as lon9 as 7here is no7 an excess in charac7ers per franchise, i'll Be happy.
G and T not working? Get a new keyboard :laugh:

McFox said:

Trjn said:

Trjn said:

QFT.

burrito said:
Huh? A good character or a good game? I can't see a character having 'variety' so I'm going to assume you meant game. In that case, having lots of characters is a healthy variety, right? Do they have to be from different franchises?

No.

As long as the character deserves to be in SSB, it doesn't matter what franchise they're in.

Trjn

Smash Cadet
burrito said:
Mario, Peach and Bowser all come from the same game franchise, yet they definitely have a wide variety. Variety is defined by the character, not where they come from.
xianfeng said:
I know I was just trying to show who I think would be best from those series
The thing is that your comment completely missed the point I was making.

parrothead

Smash Lord
FlipTroopa said:
No need to crawl up his ***, man. He's just saying that he doesn't want the roster to be filled up with 10 million Mario characters, when they could just as easily pull out, say, King Dedede to take the spot that, I don't know, Petey has. It's not meant as "lol i hate everything ever," it's a concern hoping that they don't place in characters all from the same few franchises. Some characters NEED to be in Brawl, like Dedede. Like Diddy. Like Lucario. But there's also other, great ideas out there are NOT Zelda characters or Pokemon or any of that.

That's all parrothead was saying. Let him voice his friggin opinion >.<
Not only that, but also Sakurai should save enough room for some of the most unique (and obscure) Nintendo characters.

1338h4x

Smash Apprentice
There ought to be exceptions for franchises as large and varied as Mario and such.

But I will certainly state that we've got more than enough playable Pokemon as is. >_>

icymatt

Smash Lord
No, they shouldn't overlook other series for minor characters in the more popular franchises. But if a franchise has a cool character(and this goes for those already represented and those who are not yet represented), they should get in.

For example:
Mario- Bowser Jr., Geno, Fawful
Dk- Diddy Kong, K.Rool
Metroid -Ridley
Kirby -King Dedede
Star Fox- Krystal
Pokemon -Deoxys, Lucario, and/or Meowth
F-Zero -Goroh, Black Shadow, Deathborn
Earthbound -Anyone from Mother 3

Any of these characters would be interesting and cool in Brawl.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
It's really hard to debate just how many characters each franchise really deserves. The bigger series like Zelda and Mario have so many characters that they could make up an entire roster on their own. But then on the other side, there are so many other franchises they could draw characters from that it would be impossible to handle them all. I say as the long as the characters are fun to use and have diverse enough movesets, it shouldn't really matter too much where they come from.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I guess it's safe to say that the absolute amount of characters a franchise should have is the amount that Sakurai wants to add.

Top Bottom