• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
:lucas: Where did you find that pic?
:wolf: We can't tell for sure. His voice actors (JPN and English) could've recorded some lines for the Star Fox Taunts only....
:popo: Highly unlikely due to the removal of the chaingrab mechanic......
I still think the first two Lucas and Wolf are shoe in's simply because all if not most of their data can be transferred over to Smash unlike Mewtwo being built from the ground up.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I still think the first two Lucas and Wolf are shoe in's simply because all if not most of their data can be transferred over to Smash unlike Mewtwo being built from the ground up.
I'd like to see Lucas, but with a greater emphasis on the PK Moves in Mother 3 (such as using PK Love)

Wolf could happen, but I'd like it if he had a different set of specials to set him apart from the Star Fox team

I'm surprised you haven't said a thing about IC

Seriously though, where did you get that Lucas pic?

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I'd like to see Lucas, but with a greater emphasis on the PK Moves in Mother 3 (such as using PK Love)

Wolf could happen, but I'd like it if he had a different set of specials to set him apart from the Star Fox team

A friend made it. :)
:4ness:

Last edited:

lightdasher

Smash Lord
:lucas: Where did you find that pic?
:wolf: We can't tell for sure. His voice actors (JPN and English) could've recorded some lines for the Star Fox Taunts only....
:popo: Highly unlikely due to the removal of the chaingrab mechanic......
I hate this ****ing consensus about "because they removed Chaingrabs thats the reason they removed Ice Climbers" bull****, I highly, HIGHLY doubt that wasn't even a thought of a reason they removed Ice Climbers.

Chaingrabs wasn't even an official thing, you might as well say "Due to the removal of Wavedashing mechanic..."

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I hate this ****ing consensus about "because they removed Chaingrabs thats the reason they removed Ice Climbers" bull****, I highly, HIGHLY doubt that wasn't even a thought of a reason they removed Ice Climbers.

Chaingrabs wasn't even an official thing, you might as well say "Due to the removal of Wavedashing mechanic..."
I know that the removal of chaingrabs wasn't the reason they got cut, but it could be a reason for them to stay cut, despite DLC....

BTW, the wavedash mechanic is pretty global in Melee, everyone has it.... chaingrabs is also pretty global, but the 2-in-1 desynced IC would be the only characters with the ability to chaingrab in the entire game if they come back as DLC.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Lucas' down and up smashes are already PK Love. Notice the hexagonal shapes.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
but the 2-in-1 desynced IC would be the only characters with the ability to chaingrab in the entire game if they come back as DLC.
Do you have a single fact to back that claim?

Also wavedashing wasn't intended, neither were chain grabs.

Last edited:

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Chaingrabs were removed by adding a 1 second cooldown after the throwing an enemy (or said enemy escaped), but the Ice Climbers are two different characters, the other one could grab the instant the first one throws
Just like how Luma can grab right? Also pretty sure the 1 second cooldown also makes them immune to being grabbed as well

Also that didn't really say how Ice Climbers would be able to chaingrab in Smash 4

Last edited:

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
I don't care what anyone says in my Opinion :popo::lucas::wolf:
There is a gigantic whole in the roster without these 3.
I seriously hope they reclaim their slot on the roster.
As much I really don't care about Wolf and I doubt Lucas will come back due to being a Japan-Only character, I do wish Ice Climbers to come back, which I still doubt because of the lack of machine power due to the "control 2 characters at once" system. If they could do something about it and thus arrange more on the IC's to make them fitful again, then I'd be glad enough no matter what form the become to return.

As much I'm glad Mewtwo's gonna return, as that means they're not bringing him back from Melee's old (and damned) data but rebuilding him from scratch, I wonder if that'll mean they're keeping the old move sets, or giving him new ones instead? I'd rather giving him new moves because the Melee version was too cheap entirely which made him too weak for being an ultimate life form.
Plus if Nintendo's also planning for a pack including Mewtwo inside, I hope that would be a "Returning Veterans Pack", which includes Ice Climbers and maybe Wolf. But that's just my theory, if they're planning to add something along with the DH trailer.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I want Wolf back because more antagonists are a good thing.

I want Ice Climbers back because of their tenure in Smash and they are a unique fighter.

Lucas? Ehhhh, I might be the only one who doesn't care that much.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
I want Wolf back because more antagonists are a good thing.

I want Ice Climbers back because of their tenure in Smash and they are a unique fighter.

Lucas? Ehhhh, I might be the only one who doesn't care that much.
Exactly, villains and antagonists do have important roles to their series, and they should add more to them as playable rosters. As much I don't care on Wolf, I do think he's good enough to return as well, unless they change his entire move set to something more original than being similar to Fox's. And if they'll add in more villain/antagonist characters as DLC in Smash, then I'd wish for Medusa as my #1 choice.

Yes, definitely Ice Climbers are an unique character, the first character to move 2 characters at once. I could blame on the 3DS version for not having enough power to bring them back, so if they could do something for the IC to return without any machine power problems, then I'd be happy enough to play them again. Unless if they could remove the chain grab thing (which I still don't understand what everybody's talking about as I do think it's just a glitch).

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
What is so great about the IC's? I personally think they were annoying.

Back to the THEORY since everyone is off subject, perhaps Sak-Man does have a couple surprises left as we connect the 3DS version to the Wii U

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
How can you be so sure?

It personally wouldn't surprise me to see him as DLC, but I think his chances aren't as high as we all think. Sure, there's the new Star Fox, but he'd feel like some kind of promotional gimmick rather than an actual character
Because his cut is unjustified and if :4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina: and:mewtwopm: can get in why can't Wolf. The new Star Fox is a bonus and keeps Star Fox relevant.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
That would **** people off even more. That and now everyone's starting to support Wolf coming back as DLC.
See I know it bugs me that Lani Minella the voice of Lucas came back to voice the koppalings but I can understand that because he is still in the clear for DLC, But Wolf coming back just to record lines on his own God Damn Stage, That would be the biggest F you Sakurai could ever pull that's like bringing back Pit just to speak on Palutena's temple and then just not use the actor for lines to make a character. Wolf is the most likely in my opinion, This is why my full support is on my other two mains Lucas and the Eskimos because I worry about them, with Wolf however I know there is a huge thread here an the fact he is trumping K Rool on a Poll for characters he is going to be in at some point I Can Really Feel It:4shulk:(reference to British Wolf)

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
See I know it bugs me that Lani Minella the voice of Lucas came back to voice the koppalings but I can understand that because he is still in the clear for DLC, But Wolf coming back just to record lines on his own God Damn Stage, That would be the biggest F you Sakurai could ever pull that's like bringing back Pit just to speak on Palutena's temple and then just not use the actor for lines to make a character. Wolf is the most likely in my opinion, This is why my full support is on my other two mains Lucas and the Eskimos because I worry about them, with Wolf however I know there is a huge thread here an the fact he is trumping K Rool on a Poll for characters he is going to be in at some point I Can Really Feel It:4shulk:(reference to British Wolf)
This is exactly what I've been saying since I spotted Wolf's voice actors in the credits, How would you feel if Mewtwo had a codec in melee and that codec carried over to brawl,but Mewtwo wasn't playable? Riots would've happened. Sakurai can fix the mistake of leaving Wolf out thanks to DLC. Of course waiting for a sign isn't easy. I'd say Wolf is 100% likely for a DLC character.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
This is exactly what I've been saying since I spotted Wolf's voice actors in the credits, How would you feel if Mewtwo had a codec in melee and that codec carried over to brawl,but Mewtwo wasn't playable? Riots would've happened. Sakurai can fix the mistake of leaving Wolf out thanks to DLC. Of course waiting for a sign isn't easy. I'd say Wolf is 100% likely for a DLC character.
I personally wouldn't say 100% likely, you forgot to consider Sakurai's unpredictablility, but despite my pessimism towards him, I still think Wolf is a good candidate for DLC, I'm just ready to be disappointed......

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
If I'm not mistaken, Jr./Koopalings have reused clips from past games, similar to Sonic.
Of course, if Lani did the voice for a few of 'em, they'd still have to credit her, even if she didn't do the voices for smash specifically.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Because his cut is unjustified and if :4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina: and:mewtwopm: can get in why can't Wolf. The new Star Fox is a bonus and keeps Star Fox relevant.
what is the connection between wolf and mewtwo?
there isn't, so your sentence could be read as "if Dark Pit, Dr Mario, Lucina and also Link can get in why can't Wolf?"

btw, every cut is unjustified, but unfortunately it isn't an adequate condition to have all past characters in

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
there isn't, so your sentence could be read as "if Dark Pit, Dr Mario, Lucina and also Link can get in why can't Wolf?"

btw, every cut is unjustified, but unfortunately it isn't an adequate condition to have all past characters in
Mewtwo is important because it's a DLC character

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Mewtwo was cut from Brawl and Wolf doesn't appear in SSB4, so they're both veterans who has been cut in the Smash following the one they were introduced. They are also, along with Pichu, the only cut veterans whose trophies don't look like their last Smash appearance's official artwork.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Mewtwo was cut from Brawl and Wolf doesn't appear in SSB4, so they're both veterans who has been cut in the Smash following the one they were introduced. They are also, along with Pichu, the only cut veterans whose trophies don't look like their last Smash appearance's official artwork.
In the defense of the Ice Climbers and Lucas, they've never had a 3D appearance before Smash Bros, so it'd make sense to just take their Brawl designs for the trophies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
In the defense of the Ice Climbers and Lucas, they've never had a 3D appearance before Smash Bros, so it'd make sense to just take their Brawl designs for the trophies.
They could've used any pose or move from Brawl or Melee (in the Climbers' case), so why their official artwork?

Spatman

Smash Ace
and also Dr Mario, yes. But in that post there was a comparison between dr mario, mewtwo, wolf...and lucina & dark pit, new clones.
I hope it wasn't a debate between clones (we all know wolf is a fox's semiclone and quite differente from the "original" character, and mewtwo is completely different from lucario). I also hope it isn't a topic about priority of a character over another.

If the topic is "mewtwo confirms dlc, so we can hope wolf will be another dlc character", then i'm agree, of course

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
and also Dr Mario, yes. But in that post there was a comparison between dr mario, mewtwo, wolf...and lucina & dark pit, new clones.
I hope it wasn't a debate between clones (we all know wolf is a fox's semiclone and quite differente from the "original" character, and mewtwo is completely different from lucario). I also hope it isn't a topic about priority of a character over another.

If the topic is "mewtwo confirms dlc, so we can hope wolf will be another dlc character", then i'm agree, of course
I never said Wolf won't be DLC. In fact, I love the idea, but we can't know for sure.

The Grand Master Sakurai is unpredictable. All we can do is to play his waiting game.....

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Riots happened without the Codecs :3 We need a Wolf & Lucas DLC Pack :'P

Spatman

Smash Ace
Lucas as new character, Negative Man as alt skin of Lucas, Paula as clone of Ness and Masked Man as BrawLucas :Q__
Fixed. ^_^
lel

more seriously, in your opinion, why Lucas isn't at least an alt skin of Ness? because in general he was a different character in smash bros series and Saku wants to preserve the own identity of all his character, or because he is specifically intended to be a dlc character?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
lel

more seriously, in your opinion, why Lucas isn't at least an alt skin of Ness? because in general he was a different character in smash bros series and Saku wants to preserve the own identity of all his character, or because he is specifically intended to be a dlc character?
I could tolerate Lucas if Sakurai actually gives him different specials (Offense Up (with Defense and Life Up as customs) and PK Love are great examples of what I'd like to see), because with the exception of Ness' PK Flash, none of the PKs they use are used by them in their respective games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom