• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
WE WERE NOT HAPPY FOR BEING EXCLUDED FROM MVC3!! Oh goo is too hard to animate but here's Shuma-Gorath who moves almost exactly the same way! Bah. I just wanted to play as Anti-Venom, even if as an alt costume.

Back on topic, if Ridley does end up being shwn as on the roster on Thursday then I must commend Sakurai for being able to keep it under wraps and stringing people along for this long. Can't say I agree with it, but at least it paid off. If he's not on the roster then really he should have just shown him fully long ago,, no shadows. Even if he's in some specific boss mode it wouldn't change the fact he's a boss thus I see no point in holding off so long. May Thursday give those who've waited 13 years what they've wanted, amen.
At this point I can't see him just being a boss, he knows how wanted he is in the west which he obviously cares about as evidenced by little mac. Along with K Rool he's the last big nintendo character plus he's a villain and sakurai teasing him for this long has got to mean something. If he was a boss, why wouldn't he just put it out there like all the other deconfirmations? Sakurai has said he doesn't like false hype so why is this happening with ridley unless there is some payoff?

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
At this point I can't see him just being a boss, he knows how wanted he is in the west which he obviously cares about as evidenced by little mac. Along with K Rool he's the last big nintendo character plus he's a villain and sakurai teasing him for this long has got to mean something. If he was a boss, why wouldn't he just put it out there like all the other deconfirmations? Sakurai has said he doesn't like false hype so why is this happening with ridley unless there is some payoff?
I feel the same way, but I'm trying to keep myself in a 50/50 sort of limbo. Sure I'll be upset if he's not in, but I'll be somewhat prepared I suppose you could say. I "feel" like it's going to pay off for those who care and want him playable, but I also can't say that for certain. Even just some surprise characters like Mewtwo or K. Rool would get me excited for the possibilities, and it'd be a character that wasn't leaked due to the 3DS. I just hope something exciting character-wise happens Thursday, and if not that then at least show us Ridley and what he does.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I feel the same way, but I'm trying to keep myself in a 50/50 sort of limbo. Sure I'll be upset if he's not in, but I'll be somewhat prepared I suppose you could say. I "feel" like it's going to pay off for those who care and want him playable, but I also can't say that for certain. Even just some surprise characters like Mewtwo or K. Rool would get me excited for the possibilities, and it'd be a character that wasn't leaked due to the 3DS. I just hope something exciting character-wise happens Thursday, and if not that then at least show us Ridley and what he does.
I couldn't agree more

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Agree but theres a 5% chance of that ever happening.
That's exactly what I thought(give or take a bit on the exact numbers) when I saw Toon Link in the background on the Spirit Train stage. And then he subverted that idea by telling us "there are no rules".

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
There are both reasonable and completely ******** reasons why he has not mentioned Ridley for 6 months...

Also
- Mewtwo is still cut
- Ridley and Krool are likley to not get in
- Wolf is cut
- Ganon still a Pseudo clone.
- the closest thing to getting a new Bad Guy is just your "evil version of ___" cliche or "The Bad Guy's lackey"

Face it this game is basically a F you to Nintendo Villans.

Last edited:

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
There are both reasonable and completely ******** reasons why he has not mentioned Ridley for 6 months...

Also
- Mewtwo is still cut
- Wolf is cut
- Ganon still a Pseudo clone due to silly reasons. (Daddy issues Really?)
- the closest thing to getting a new Bad Guy is just your "evil version of ___" cliche or "The Bad Guy's lackey"

You do know that the whole ''Sakurai's dad'' thing was just complete bs from 4chan, right? (oh and mewtwo isn't a villain)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Also
- Mewtwo is still cut
- Wolf is cut
- Ganon still a Pseudo clone due to silly reasons. (Daddy issues Really?)

Wolf isn't even a villain anymore, to be fair. And we got 8 villains in one with Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, so it's not a compete FU. Ganondorf is far more interesting than another sword wielder anyway. I'm not sure if that "daddy" thing is even real either. That might've been made up. What is definitely real is that he tries not to completely destroy a character's moveset between games, since it alienates players. That's one he said, and I agree fully.

Ganondorf doesn't need a damn sword. He only had one in some of the Melee screens because of a demo. He never had one in OOT. WW and TP are the only Ganondorfs that had it. And he now can use his sword with one of his customs, which is more than good enough. The real issue is his lack of more known magical attacks, like Dead Man's Volley. He's a physical powerhouse back by a lot of magic in canon, which... is just what he does here. Seems like he's represented beautifully despite his clone status. A few extra moves would be nice, though. Maybe the next Smash will make the "customs are only variations of the same move" not apply to almost everyone besides Mii Fighters and Palutena respectively. That would be the best way to do it. Or they can introduce a separate Toon Ganondorf who dual-wields, something we entirely lack as a fighting style. Pit/Dark Pit barely counts as it's a few of their moves. I mean a full style based upon it. More akin to Lloyd Irving.

You do know that the whole ''Sakurai's dad'' thing was just complete bs from 4chan, right? (oh and mewtwo isn't a villain)
Not everything on 4chan is fake, but it's not a reliable source regardless. Mewtwo technically was presented as a villain and one of the only two evil Pokemon in the anime. Meowth is the other. Only Trainers are otherwise evil in any source at best. Mewtwo also had an evil laugh, used a lot of darkness... he fit the mold, really. It may help that his design was somewhat based upon Giegue(did I spell that right?), a villain from the Mother series, so... it's not hard to think of him as evil.

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
Wolf isn't even a villain anymore, to be fair. And we got 8 villains in one with Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, so it's not a compete FU. Ganondorf is far more interesting than another sword wielder anyway. I'm not sure if that "daddy" thing is even real either. That might've been made up. What is definitely real is that he tries not to completely destroy a character's moveset between games, since it alienates players. That's one he said, and I agree fully.

Ganondorf doesn't need a damn sword. He only had one in some of the Melee screens because of a demo. He never had one in OOT. WW and TP are the only Ganondorfs that had it. And he now can use his sword with one of his customs, which is more than good enough. The real issue is his lack of more known magical attacks, like Dead Man's Volley. He's a physical powerhouse back by a lot of magic in canon, which... is just what he does here. Seems like he's represented beautifully despite his clone status. A few extra moves would be nice, though. Maybe the next Smash will make the "customs are only variations of the same move" not apply to almost everyone besides Mii Fighters and Palutena respectively. That would be the best way to do it. Or they can introduce a separate Toon Ganondorf who dual-wields, something we entirely lack as a fighting style. Pit/Dark Pit barely counts as it's a few of their moves. I mean a full style based upon it. More akin to Lloyd Irving.

Not everything on 4chan is fake, but it's not a reliable source regardless. Mewtwo technically was presented as a villain and one of the only two evil Pokemon in the anime. Meowth is the other. Only Trainers are otherwise evil in any source at best. Mewtwo also had an evil laugh, used a lot of darkness... he fit the mold, really. It may help that his design was somewhat based upon Giegue(did I spell that right?), a villain from the Mother series, so... it's not hard to think of him as evil.
Mewtwo was only presented as a bad guy in the first movie though. He's been a good guy since then.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mewtwo was only presented as a bad guy in the first movie though. He is a good guy in the most recent movie.
There's 3 movies. And the Mewtwo in the last one is a completely different one. The first Mewtwo definitely knew Ash, while the second one didn't. Ash even recognized Mewtwo as is, but not the other way around, which is logical since they're different people and all.

He's a good guy in the second movie, and turned good during the first movie, typically because of Ash.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
well, guess that's why he/she named themselves "speed" if you know where i'm getting at.

@ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo and you are just mad because he/she didn't put Ice Climbers on the list.

Let go.
dude, I dont care about the ice climbers XD Where have you seen me complain about the Ice Climbers?

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Didnt know that and im not surprised that somthing so stupid tured out to be fake.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Wolf isn't even a villain anymore, to be fair. And we got 8 villains in one with Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, so it's not a compete FU.
Wolf, Mewtwo, Wario, Dedee, and Meta Knight are not villians any more but they would still be classified as antagonists or "Boss" characters. As For Bowser Jr. And the Koopalings, yea there from a franchise that takes up a 1/4 of the game roster so no.

Isnt it common knowledge that anything from 4chan ant be trusted?
Which it boggles me why people will still post Smash leaks there anyways. Thats not the only place to post convincing fake text leaks.

Last edited:

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

Also
- Mewtwo is still cut
- Wolf is cut

While all of what you said may be true, it's possible it isn't, too. I have my own faults with the roster and franchises like DK and Metroid possibly having fewer reps than Kid Icarus, but we could be in for some surprises. Don't let yourself get too pessimistic. It's no way to be and is quite unfun. Let's wait until Thursday, and possibly even until the game releases, until we make any major judgements, ok? If we hadn't had that leak we wouldn't have known about Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. until the Japanese release. So it's possible that if they were holding back characters to hype the U version that they doubled up their precautions and are hellbent on not letting anything concrete leak.

D

Deleted member

Also
- Mewtwo is still cut
- Wolf is cut

AARGH! Mewtwo isn't a villain. facepalm*

Sakurai should add Mewtwo (the neutral pokemon) as a playable character in this iteration of super smash bros.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wolf, Mewtwo, Wario, Dedee, and Meta Knight are not villians any more but they would still be classified as antagonists or "Boss" characters. As For Bowser Jr. And the Koopalings, yea there from a franchise that takes up a 1/4 of the game roster so no.
So no? They're villain reps. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. If you want to choose to count only Bowser Jr. instead of all 8, sure. But they're all straight villains. Mewtwo, Wario, King Dedede, and Meta Knight are Heroes now. Wolf is not even much of an antagonist at this point, just a simple rival that's sometimes a good guy. Bowser at least manages to stay a villain most of the time.

Which it boggles me why people will still post Smash leaks there anyways. Thats not the only place to post convincing fake text leaks.
4chan has a lot of surprising real stuff anyway. Every OCG Yugioh list that is real gets posted on it once per format. It just has a lesser amount of real over fake stuff.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
In no way, shape, or form am I saying you're wrong, but, we could totally be looking too far deep into this and Rids could simply just end up being a stage hazard. While Sakurai definitely cares more about the fans wants than some salty fans may think, that still doesn't prevent him from doing his own thing. On the other hand, popularity isn't big enough to grant you access in Smash. Wasn't Yellow Devil, Dark Emperor and Metal Face all implied/teased as a stage boss before finally being revealed? While you can say that Ridley is more popular, it doesn't change the fact that they (at least Metal Face in this scenario) are in the same boat as Ridley.

However, this doesn't diminish Ridley's chances that he could still be playable. Personally, I think we might finally find out Ridley's fate this Thursday. Also, it could simply be that Sakurai is out-of-touch with the fanbase (in terms of Ridley), as he believes hyping a stage hazard is cool. Not saying it's true, but he hyped Metal Face (who is not as popular as Ridley mind you), but I wouldn't put it pass him. Simply put: Nobody can or will ever predict Sakurai's moves as his way of thinking is different from ours. Mentioning that Sakurai doesn't like giving false hype is true, but what is also true is that he has been teasing Ridley as a stage boss, no matter how ambiguous it was. While Ridley can still be playable, he was teased as a boss, so therefore if he ended up playable, Sakurai would have created false hype (though because it's Ridley - a character many want, nobody would care).

All in all, we'll just have to wait, but I have a feeling Ridley will finally be revealed. So I say your strength in your argument is that you question why would Sakurai go through so much to hide Ridley and not have a payoff. It seems odd, and almost seems like he's singling only Ridley out. On the other hand, you could simply just looking too much into it, and might have to take it at face value. Only time will tell, and I hope that you don't get disappointed on the chance that Ridley ends up as only a boss; likewise, express your happiness and joy for Ridley's inclusion if that is his role.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
In no way, shape, or form am I saying you're wrong, but, we could totally be looking too far deep into this and Rids could simply just end up being a stage hazard. While Sakurai definitely cares more about the fans wants than some salty fans may think, that still doesn't prevent him from doing his own thing. On the other hand, popularity isn't big enough to grant you access in Smash. Wasn't Yellow Devil, Dark Emperor and Metal Face all implied/teased as a stage boss before finally being revealed? While you can say that Ridley is more popular, it doesn't change the fact that they (at least Metal Face in this scenario) are in the same boat as Ridley.

However, this doesn't diminish Ridley's chances that he could still be playable. Personally, I think we might finally find out Ridley's fate this Thursday. Also, it could simply be that Sakurai is out-of-touch with the fanbase (in terms of Ridley), as he believes hyping a stage hazard is cool. Not saying it's true, but he hyped Metal Face (who is not as popular as Ridley mind you), but I wouldn't put it pass him. Simply put: Nobody can or will ever predict Sakurai's moves as his way of thinking is different from ours. Mentioning that Sakurai doesn't like giving false hype is true, but what is also true is that he has been teasing Ridley as a stage boss, no matter how ambiguous it was. While Ridley can still be playable, he was teased as a boss, so therefore if he ended up playable, Sakurai would have created false hype (though because it's Ridley - a character many want, nobody would care).

All in all, we'll just have to wait, but I have a feeling Ridley will finally be revealed. So I say your strength in your argument is that you question why would Sakurai go through so much to hide Ridley and not have a payoff. It seems odd, and almost seems like he's singling only Ridley out. On the other hand, you could simply just looking too much into it, and might have to take it at face value. Only time will tell, and I hope that you don't get disappointed on the chance that Ridley ends up as only a boss; likewise, express your happiness and joy for Ridley's inclusion if that is his role.
The difference is in how he hyped Ridley. He implied Ridley was a stage boss without outright saying it or showing Ridley. This is what made people think he was going to, at some point, do a turn-around.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So no? They're villain reps. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. If you want to choose to count only Bowser Jr. instead of all 8, sure. But they're all straight villains. Mewtwo, Wario, King Dedede, and Meta Knight are Heroes now. Wolf is not even much of an antagonist at this point, just a simple rival that's sometimes a good guy. Bowser at least manages to stay a villain most of the time.

4chan has a lot of surprising real stuff anyway. Every OCG Yugioh list that is real gets posted on it once per format. It just has a lesser amount of real over fake stuff.
Wario is not a good guy he's good for the same reason Bowser's good, for his own benefit once the threat is handled they go back to their old ways. In 64DS he helps to try to steal the power stars ( and the cake). He hates Mario, but also hates Bower
At the end of Shake It he chucks the Princess for the coins, and according to Wario," Money>Stupid Princess, Forget the Princess Save a the COINS!"
Yeah he's the good guy riiight. Wolf is similar in doing things for his own benefit,
In Assault he helps Fox to destroy the Aparoids, he hates Fox, but hates the Aparoids too. In Command he helps Fox in order to get a bounty off his head and in one of the alt endings achieves his goal, is honored by Pepper, and Star Fox loses all respect. So Wolf actually wins and beats Fox in a sense that he got all the honor Fox had and left Fox with nothing, He even took his girl Krystal ( whom later went her own way and became Kursed).
Yeah Wolf can be pretty villainous too. Point of the matter is they count as villains, (too me at least).
In terms of unrevealed characters Wolf's got a shot. All the supposed things that people claim signifying he'll never come back like Fox's grey fur palette and Fox's "Wolf Flash" custom move aren't very strong. Mario's got Wario's overalls guess Wario can't.. Oh wait
. As for the custom move, Luigi has a custom move that makes his fireballs act like Mario's and Falco has one that gives him Fox's blaster. Its just one move the name is probably what has people startled.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wario is not a good guy he's good for the same reason Bowser's good, for his own benefit once the threat is handled they go back to their old ways. In 64DS he helps to try to steal the power stars ( and the cake). He hates Mario, but also hates Bower
At the end of Shake It he chucks the Princess for the coins, and according to Wario," Money>Stupid Princess, Forget the Princess Save a the COINS!"
Yeah he's the good guy riiight. Wolf is similar in doing things for his own benefit,
In Assault he helps Fox to destroy the Aparoids, he hates Fox, but hates the Aparoids too. In Command he helps Fox in order to get a bounty off his head and in one of the alt endings achieves his goal, is honored by Pepper, and Star Fox loses all respect. So Wolf actually wins and beats Fox in a sense that he got all the honor Fox had and left Fox with nothing, He even took his girl Krystal ( whom later went her own way and became Kursed).
Yeah Wolf can be pretty villainous too. Point of the matter is they count as villains, (too me at least).
In terms of unrevealed characters Wolf's got a shot. All the supposed things that people claim signifying he'll never come back like Fox's grey fur palette and Fox's "Wolf Flash" custom move aren't very strong. Mario's got Wario's overalls guess Wario can't.. Oh wait
. As for the custom move, Luigi has a custom move that makes his fireballs act like Mario's and Falco has one that gives him Fox's blaster. Its just one move the name is probably what has people startled.
Wario stars as a hero in the Wario Land games(except the first one only). Definitely a good guy. He's just more in it for himself than pure heroics. He's no villain at all beyond his first appearance. In the context of Smash, he was shown as preferring to be on the villain's side in the story mode, but that was it. He then went over to the hero side later like everybody else. Wolf was never really shown as a villain in Smash whatsoever, just more of a darker character at best.

Wolf just isn't villainous anymore. He's no hero either. He's just out for himself now. And of course Wolf can come back. Customs mean nothing, and that isn't even a Wolf costume, it's just a similar color to him at best.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
AARGH! Mewtwo isn't a villain. facepalm*

Sakurai should add Mewtwo (the neutral pokemon) as a playable character in this iteration of super smash bros.
I don't think every Pokemon have their role of being hero or villain, but it'll be decided on what kind of trainer they'll be with to make themselves as one, which is hero = main protagonist, villain = Team Rocket etc. Well, although the infos from the Pokedex may think that way, it's definitely up to the player of course.
Mewtwo's side can be both good or bad. On the anime/movie, he was bad, but now good. In some other spin-off games, like Pinball or Mystery Dungeon, he's bad, but depends as a boss character.

Wario stars as a hero in the Wario Land games(except the first one only). Definitely a good guy. He's just more in it for himself than pure heroics. He's no villain at all beyond his first appearance. In the context of Smash, he was shown as preferring to be on the villain's side in the story mode, but that was it. He then went over to the hero side later like everybody else. Wolf was never really shown as a villain in Smash whatsoever, just more of a darker character at best.

Wolf just isn't villainous anymore. He's no hero either. He's just out for himself now. And of course Wolf can come back. Customs mean nothing, and that isn't even a Wolf costume, it's just a similar color to him at best.
If they're not good or evil, there's still being an anti-hero, am I correct?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Wario stars as a hero in the Wario Land games(except the first one only). Definitely a good guy. He's just more in it for himself than pure heroics. He's no villain at all beyond his first appearance.
I wouldn't really call Wario a hero. More an anti-hero. In all the Wario Land games, he just wants money. Whenever he does a good deed, it's because it coincided with his goal of getting richer.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If they're not good or evil, there's still being an anti-hero, am I correct?
It's Anti-Hero or Anti-Villain. I forgot where you had to start on the Hero/Villain scale to become which one. I think Anti-Heroes were first heroes, but you'd have to look it up.

I wouldn't really call Wario a hero. More an anti-hero. In all the Wario Land games, he just wants money. Whenever he does a good deed, it's because it coincided with his goal of getting richer.
Still doing good, and not evil. And it depends the game. In Super Mario 64 DS, he's a pure hero, same with Yoshi Island's remake with Baby Wario. He helped out just because he wanted to. Anti-Heroes are still Heroes, just done a little differently and more on the neutral scale of things. I won't go into Alignments, since they don't necessarily determine the Hero/Villain scale. A Lawful Evil person can still be a Hero in the context of the story's exact design. But this is practically getting off-topic. We haven't gotten a direct playable villain in Smash outside of Bowser Jr.(and the Koopalings technically) from the transition from Brawl to Smash 4.

Chrono.

It's Anti-Hero or Anti-Villain. I forgot where you had to start on the Hero/Villain scale to become which one. I think Anti-Heroes were first heroes, but you'd have to look it up.
Basically

Anti-heroes
  • People who genuinely do good, but in not-so honorable ways. They also tend to be cold or jerks.
Anti-villians
  • People who consider themselves evil, yet their goals somewhat contradict it. They tend to be friendly, to an extent.
Characters who are only really in it for the money or just personal gain in general are neutral in my book. I probably got a few things wrong here hah.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
The difference is in how he hyped Ridley. He implied Ridley was a stage boss without outright saying it or showing Ridley. This is what made people think he was going to, at some point, do a turn-around.
That's true, which is why I said: "So I say your strength in your argument is that you question why would Sakurai go through so much to hide Ridley and not have a payoff. It seems odd, and almost seems like he's singling only Ridley out. On the other hand, you could simply just looking too much into it, and might have to take it at face value. Only time will tell, and I hope that you don't get disappointed on the chance that Ridley ends up as only a boss; likewise, express your happiness and joy for Ridley's inclusion if that is his role."

Ridley was definitely hyped as a boss, but Sakurai let a lot of room for speculation, which possibly points to Ridley being more than a simple boss (or even a boss at all).

Basically

Anti-heroes
  • People who genuinely do good, but in not-so honorable ways. They also tend to be cold or jerks.
Anti-villians
  • People who consider themselves evil, yet their goals somewhat contradict it. They tend to be friendly, to an extent.
Characters who are only really in it for the money or just personal gain in general are neutral in my book. I probably got a few things wrong here hah.
Antiheroes don't particularly do good things, just what's in there self-interest (whether good or bad). Though your definition certainly fits fine. So would you consider Wario as a neutral?

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Ok so lets get this settled....

Full on Villans:

Bowser: constantly Kidnaps people and attempts to seize power over the lesser.
Ganon: incarnation of an ancient evil that steals sacred items.
Ridley: Space Pirate that is one of the few Nintendo chars to outright murder people including the main chars family.

Your average Bad guy:

Bowser Jr/Koopalings: more or less the main villan's sidekicks, just taking orders from Daddy even though they still like to do bad things.
King K Rool: Speceist who wants the Kongs dead.

Was bad but no longer:

Wario
: debut as a villan, later became the hero in his spinoff games even though most off his adventures are based on his greed and your usual bad guy antics.
Wolf: arch enemy of the main chars dad, does his own thing with his crew even if it isn't moral.
Dededee/Meta Knight: wanted to get rid of Kirby but changed their ways.

Misunderstood or troubled:

Mewtwo
: result of an immoral experiment which caused it to become a ruthless creature destroying anything in its way. Does not seem to want to do harm since it likes to be isolated. Has sympathy for its fellow Pokemon but will still fight those who rival in its power.

Your "evil doppelgänger of the Protagonist" cliché:

Dark Pit
: ^

Last edited:

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Nono, I was referring to how everyone already knows Duck Hunt is in the game.
But people still wondered if they're gonna have a trailer or not. Not to mention Dark Pit didn't have one for some reason. I just wanna inform those wondered people they finally brought their trailer, which also proves Bowser Jr's gonna have his too.

Which now I decided to take it down since it's now meaningless. Thank you so much.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
But people still wondered if they're gonna have a trailer or not. Not to mention Dark Pit didn't have one for some reason. I just wanna inform those wondered people they finally brought their trailer, which also proves Bowser Jr's gonna have his too.

Which now I decided to take it down since it's now meaningless. Thank you so much.
I'm an idiot. I just read the actual comment that came with the pic, and understand everything now. Sorry if I came off as rude.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Why was Hades never a thing in possible newcomers-discussions?
He's pretty boss, a true villain AND a child of Sakurai.

I am aware that he has a trophy in the 3DS games, but why should that let us down? What if DLC/connectivity characters were decided upon after the inclusion of the regular trophies?

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Why was Hades never a thing in possible newcomers-discussions?
He's pretty boss, a true villain AND a child of Sakurai.

I am aware that he has a trophy in the 3DS games, but why should that let us down? What if DLC/connectivity characters were decided upon after the inclusion of the regular trophies?
In my opinion, I guess that although he is the true villain of Kid Icarus series, he's too new to be known as the main villain.
If I was to choose a villain from Kid Icarus, that'll be Medusa, because she was a main villain from the first Kid Icarus before Hades, and although she had lesser roles on the recent ones and might not be so popular than I thought, she was still important as part of the main key person of the series. But there's one point...if the Smash 4 takes place after KI:U, then I do understand why Medusa nor Hades were not chosen...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In my opinion, I guess that although he is the true villain of Kid Icarus series, he's too new to be known as the main villain.
If I was to choose a villain from Kid Icarus, that'll be Medusa, because she was a main villain from the first Kid Icarus before Hades, and although she had lesser roles on the recent ones and might not be so popular than I thought, she was still important as part of the main key person of the series. But there's one point...if the Smash 4 takes place after KI:U, then I do understand why Medusa nor Hades were chosen...
Well, Palutena is far more popular regardless. Also, Dark Pit was a last minute addition to the roster anyway. Medusa was probably the more likely villain if one was chosen due to her key status. It's like choosing, say, Grodus over Bowser.(just imagine Grodus was introduced before Bowser was before Melee was created for the purpose of this argument) Or, if you will, Majora over Ganondorf, since he was more recent.

From what I've noticed, the villain choices(the first one shown) is the main one first seen or more important, not the latest one seen. Just like the main hero of a series would be the first specifically from that series. I.E. Let's say they did a Shining Force representative. It's going to likely be Max since he's the first hero of the series as a whole. Shining in the Darkness is... odd. I can't even remember if it has a canon hero. Same with Isaac in Golden Sun. Felix existed around that time too, yet he doesn't much appear. I don't know if he had even a single appearance in Brawl. Maybe a Sticker or Trophy? It's clear Isaac was the main hero. It's made more blatant he's the main hero at the end of the second game, although that's a spoiler-based reason. Another funny example would be choosing Silver over Sonic just based upon the Sonic series itself. He's the latest hero, and even could bring a highly unique moveset(even if it could have a move or two copied from Mewtwo potentially. ...Somehow should make a hack of him using Project M Mewtwo, heh). It's obvious who was chosen, for more than one reason.

Basically, when it comes to Heroes, the first main one of the basic series represented will show up. And sometimes their sidekick(s).
For villains, it'll be the most viable and most notable first. Wolf is both of these, as he's far easier to make a moveset out of than Andross, and can still be considered a villain depending the particular game.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
I'll wait and see on Thursday if Duck Hunt is the only trailer. The very first Smash trailer showed off newcomers and then at the very end of it we got a Megaman trailer out of nowhere. Something like that could happen at the end of the direct, though not holding my breath.

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
I'll wait and see on Thursday if Duck Hunt is the only trailer. The very first Smash trailer showed off newcomers and then at the very end of it we got a Megaman trailer out of nowhere. Something like that could happen at the end of the direct, though not holding my breath.
If the Smash Direct ends with the "duckthing" trailer, this will be very very lame... if Sakurai(or maybe nintendo) think it will be enough to sell a wiiu version with game modes and nothing more(characters), they'll have a very very bad surprise when reality will strike violently. Most of the people know all the characters from the 3ds version and 90% of this smash bros communication was governed by characters trailer, they need more new characters to keep the hype on.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If the Smash Direct ends with the "duckthing" trailer, this will be very very lame... if Sakurai(or maybe nintendo) think it will be enough to sell a wiiu version with game modes and nothing more(characters), they'll have a very very bad surprise when reality will strike violently. Most of the people know all the characters from the 3ds version and 90% of this smash bros communication was governed by characters trailer, they need more new characters to keep the hype on.
C'mon guys, are you really underestimating sakurai?

He's not that dumb

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
After today's POTD, I'm not really feeling this.

I feel like tomorrow will just be whatever repeat and new content Sakurai has for us, then the Duck Hunt Dog trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom