• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I can't vouch for the items, but seeing Flat Zone 2's Omega (which is just Oil Panic) made me consider the possibility of the island being the Omega for Pilotwings.
Despite I agree that some Omega stages doesn't really reflect what the original stage is (Omega Reset Bomb Forest have nothing to do with the Reset Bomb... Or Rainbow Road lose it's touring aspect, and stay static), I highly doubt that the Omega Pilotwings stage would happen on a beach (because it would mean walkoff stage).

It could happen on a cliff, but there's a plane absolutely flat ready to act as a Final Destination. The only problem would be it not tilting to turn... But who cares about logic? :awesome:

Also if I recall well, Omega Skyloft does tour around Skyloft.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
If the stage is called Pilotwings, that may not make much sense. Unless you have clear view of planes flying around in the background? Even then, how do we explain food items sitting on totally different plains than Kirby?

The boxing ring is a real stage and Villager isn't on the same plane as the other fighters.

Also, I'm excited to play on Hyrule Temple in HD.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

The boxing ring is a real stage and Villager isn't on the same plane as the other fighters.

Also, I'm excited to play on Hyrule Temple in HD.
Seeing that villager and the food by Kirby, they both kind of look out of place. Maybe they were put there to act as filler beside the menu icon to the right of it? I really can't tell to be honest. I mean since they are menu images them being doctored isn't farfetched, so we could be looking into things over nothing.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
oh wait yeah she is BS, oops. My bad. but did Agnes have a good sized fanbase?
I think Edea's was larger, but all the characters from Bravely Default have fairly large fanbases, even Tiz.

Nintendo DID wholly pay for the localization of Bravely Default, so they do definitely see potential there.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So I found this

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...intendo_3ds_data_prompts_more_dlc_speculation

The game uses pictures (EFF and BCO for Japanese and English) to animate “A Challenger Appears” on the top screen, so since there is a text version in the dump, either characters are unlocked through connecting to the Wii U, or it will display the text when a character is purchased through the store. Even though I hate to admit it, it’s most likely connected to the Wii U menu as there is no other text for the store (it’ll probably connect to the E-Shop, or download the page from the Internet).

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well i guess i can mention this

Metal face for dlc forget about it hes a trophy in the wii u version it looks like. And the trophys for each version are focused on console games.

Deconfirms the pilot of metal face for playable too.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well i guess i can mention this

Metal face for dlc forget about it hes a trophy in the wii u version it looks like. And the trophys for each version are focused on console games.

Deconfirms the pilot of metal face for playable too.
There is "technically" still a chance that he's playable. I mean, Sakurai "could" be showing off the trophy that you earn for beating Classic with him.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There is "technically" still a chance that he's playable. I mean, Sakurai "could" be showing off the trophy that you earn for beating Classic with him.
Ok sure

Oh for those here

We got a rumor that the first up on the list is a trailer that has the DHD and bowser jr in the trailer involves the duck hunt trying to shoot down all the kooplings.

And number 50 is confirming dlc and the first ones are mewtwo, wolf, captain toad

Heres the link http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70373625

I can believe this if the spainkiller thing is fake.

(if true i would not be suprised if these 3 were the the bonus if you pre-order smash bros wii u before/after the announcement)

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Ok sure

Oh for those here

We got a rumor that the first up on the list is a trailer that has the DHD and bowser jr in the trailer involves the duck hunt trying to shoot down all the kooplings.

And number 50 is confirming dlc and the first ones are mewtwo, wolf, captain toad

Heres the link http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70373625

I can believe this if the spainkiller thing is fake.

(if true i would not be suprised if these 3 were the the bonus if you pre-order smash bros wii u before/after the announcement)
Please, I could come up with something better than that in a matter of minutes, Also sakurai said dlc won't be considered until the game is out

D

Deleted member

Uh, what? Why would they make characters as pre-order bonuses? That's terrible!
Sadly, the "Pre-Order our game, and get this character" does exist.

But, if Smash Bros. did it, it'd be horrible.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
So I dont know if this has been mentioned but not only when Toon Link is fighting on the Spirit Train that ST Link is replaced by Alfonso, but it also happens when TP Link is on the stage too.

You mean to tell me that you cant do the same damn thing on the Pyrosphere with Ridley. All three Links are techincally diffrernt characters so why cant that be the case with Rids if there have been multiple incarnations of him as well.

Make him a stage boss and playable and whenever he is fighting on the Pyrosphere the Boss Hazard version's model is replaced by the Neo Parasite Ridley from Fusion or Robot Ridley since their techically not Ridley. Heck you could even replace him with Meta Ridley since its been established that they are two separate entities in SEE.

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
"Ridley Sizes Up the Competition!"
"Mewtwo Strikes Back!"
"Impa Sneaks In!"
"Dixie Kong Whirls into Battle!"
"Chorus Men Set the Stage!"

Happening?

[ ] Happening
[ ] Not Happening

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
So I dont know if this has been mentioned but not only when Toon Link is fighting on the Spirit Train that ST Link is replaced by Alfonso, but it also happens when TP Link is on the stage too.

You mean to tell me that you cant do the same damn thing on the Pyrosphere with Ridley. All three Links are techincally diffrernt characters so why cant that be the case with Rids if there have been multiple incarnations of him as well.

Make him a stage boss and playable and whenever he is fighting on the Pyrosphere the Boss Hazard version's model is replaced by the Neo Parasite Ridley from Fusion or Robot Ridley since their techically not Ridley. Heck you could even replace him with Meta Ridley since its been established that they are two separate entities in SEE.
People have said this a bunch of times and it's a very valid point. I'd not mind at all if one Ridley was a boss and the other was playable, and I'm sure many other Ridley/Metroid fans would not mind either. For now all we can hope is that either that happens or Ridley is just straight up playable.

Broski, I still like "Ridley Makes his Big Debut" and "Mewtwo Returns" the best. I know it's terrible of me but I'm kind of excited for Thursday. :happysheep: Hope that doesn't bite me in the ass. :sadsheep:

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Heck you could even replace him with Meta Ridley since its been established that they are two separate entities in SEE.
TP Link and argubly Toon Link (pretending he's Wind Waker's Link) aren't the same Spirit Tracks's Link either. The only difference is that Ridley is a boss fight while Spirit Tracks Link is a level decoration. They aren't really comparable as only the former affects how the stage plays.

Don't get me wrong though, I do think your idea of having 2 entirely different Ridleys (one as Boss and one as playable) can easily work. It's up to Sakurai if he feels comfortable with the idea, his mindset is different from everyone else's

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Uh, what? Why would they make characters as pre-order bonuses? That's terrible!
Thats not the point

What i mean't was they will be avaible for dlc anytime, the offer is if you pre-order you get them for free/earlier before they come out.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
TP Link and argubly Toon Link (pretending he's Wind Waker's Link) aren't the same Spirit Tracks's Link either. The only difference is that Ridley is a boss fight while Spirit Tracks Link is a level decoration. They aren't really comparable as only the former affects how the stage plays.
What im proposing is completley aesthetic, it wouldn't change the function of the stage. Think of it as an alt costume for the Boss Ridley.

Don't get me wrong though, I do think your idea of having 2 entirely different Ridleys (one as Boss and one as playable) can easily work.
The Idea seems out there and people will still complain if this does actually happen, then again people will complain about Ridley in general regardless of his status.

It's up to Sakurai if he feels comfortable with the idea, his mindset is different from everyone else's
Sakurai could be teasing him up for this or for some other boss related gimmick that will be revealed this thursday. Either way its unpredictable whats going to happen but unfortunetly hes convinced most of us that Ridley will be a Stage Boss.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
"Ridley Sizes Up the Competition!"
"Mewtwo Strikes Back!"
"Impa Sneaks In!"
"Dixie Kong Whirls into Battle!"
"Chorus Men Set the Stage!"

Happening?

[ ] Happening
[ ] Not Happening
Chorus Men are much less likely than the rest. Unless they fixed them to not be anywhere close to the Ice Climbers' level. The rest are very easy to make playable in comparison.

Don't get me wrong though, I do think your idea of having 2 entirely different Ridleys (one as Boss and one as playable) can easily work. It's up to Sakurai if he feels comfortable with the idea, his mindset is different from everyone else's
They're both Toon Links. I think people forget that the argument isn't about their role, it's the fact they were an NPC and a PC at the same time, but can't be onscreen at the same time. Disabling/Switching the Stage Hazard to someone else who could work is ultimately the same overall difference from removing the background version of Toon Link so the playable version doesn't look weird onscreen.

Same reason why we can't see Riki's two roles onscreen at the same time. Assist Trophy and Final Smash cutscene. If it wasn't a cutscene, it would cause confusion. But they fixed that issue by making sure they never appear onscreen at the same time, which is the only coincidence properly seen with two characters having unique roles. And programming his Assist Trophy while taking the time to put him in a cutscene both take a lot of work, so the whole "why would he do both" is not a good argument against Ridley being both a hazard and playable. They just can't be onscreen at the same time. The only argument I saw worthwhile is that "who would replace Ridley?", and that I can agree is a slight issue. But there's no answer till we see what the hell he can even do. We know he could grab a guy and apparently glide/fly at best. The second part could've been a single attack for all we know. As I noted before, he could be a Single Player Mode only boss instead. Or just an Assist Trophy that took a while to program due to his more notable Grab programming(as you could struggle out of it and analysts have shown). And if he's just an AT, making him playable is even easier. Just disable that while somebody selects him. Easy. Of course, that doesn't mean he will get dual roles, but there's no reason to count it out when a PC and NPC role for the same character(Toon Link) 100% exists already. Clearly it's not some rule nor does it matter. All that matters is if Sakurai thinks it's worth it and for Stage Elements if they can easily be replaced, which are the only non-flawed arguments available.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
What im proposing is completley aesthetic, it wouldn't change the function of the stage. Think of it as an alt costume for the Boss Ridley.

The Idea seems out there and people will still complain if this does actually happen, then again people will complain about Ridley in general regardless of his status.

Sakurai could be teasing him up for this or for some other boss related gimmick that will be revealed this thursday. Either way its unpredictable whats going to happen but unfortunetly hes convinced most of us that Ridley will be a Stage Boss.
True, I get what you're saying.

Yeah, I agree. Sadly, almost everyone's inclusions get complaints regardless of reasons. Best to ignore them.

Sakurai's teasing is driving me insane. I'm about ready to accept he'll be just a boss. Just to make the disappointment painless. I ended up forcing myself to accept that Mewtwo wasn't in the roster and I ended up being okay with his fate. (Not that I've ever planned to have a melt down or anything, worst my reaction would be just ":(")

They're both Toon Links. I think people forget that the argument isn't about their role, it's the fact they were an NPC and a PC at the same time, but can't be onscreen at the same time. Disabling/Switching the Stage Hazard to someone else who could work is ultimately the same overall difference from removing the background version of Toon Link so the playable version doesn't look weird onscreen.

Same reason why we can't see Riki's two roles onscreen at the same time. Assist Trophy and Final Smash cutscene. If it wasn't a cutscene, it would cause confusion. But they fixed that issue by making sure they never appear onscreen at the same time, which is the only coincidence properly seen with two characters having unique roles. And programming his Assist Trophy while taking the time to put him in a cutscene both take a lot of work, so the whole "why would he do both" is not a good argument against Ridley being both a hazard and playable. They just can't be onscreen at the same time. The only argument I saw worthwhile is that "who would replace Ridley?", and that I can agree is a slight issue. But there's no answer till we see what the hell he can even do. We know he could grab a guy and apparently glide/fly at best. The second part could've been a single attack for all we know. As I noted before, he could be a Single Player Mode only boss instead. Or just an Assist Trophy that took a while to program due to his more notable Grab programming(as you could struggle out of it and analysts have shown). And if he's just an AT, making him playable is even easier. Just disable that while somebody selects him. Easy. Of course, that doesn't mean he will get dual roles, but there's no reason to count it out when a PC and NPC role for the same character(Toon Link) 100% exists already. Clearly it's not some rule nor does it matter. All that matters is if Sakurai thinks it's worth it and for Stage Elements if they can easily be replaced, which are the only non-flawed arguments available.
AT? Ridley is too- okay I'll stop myself.

But yeah, I agree with a lot of this. It's ultimately up to Sakurai if he is okay with the idea of the same character having 2 roles at once in different incarnations.

Thats not the point

What i mean't was they will be avaible for dlc anytime, the offer is if you pre-order you get them for free/earlier before they come out.
Hmmm, I guess it kind of works.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Or they could just have other m ridley be the stage hazard and have brawl/new design ridley be playable

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's always "THAT" person.
Might have been a good response if it bothered to give one legitimate reason. If they don't, just ignore it. There is no reason to reply to someone who doesn't try to have a legitimate discussion.

...Also, your gif is fast enough to give people headaches. >_<

D

Deleted member

Might have been a good response if it bothered to give one legitimate reason. If they don't, just ignore it. There is no reason to reply to someone who doesn't try to have a legitimate discussion.

...Also, your gif is fast enough to give people headaches. >_<
well, guess that's why he/she named themselves "speed" if you know where i'm getting at.

@ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo and you are just mad because he/she didn't put Ice Climbers on the list.

Let go.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
well, guess that's why he/she named themselves "speed" if you know where i'm getting at.
Heh.

@ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo and you are just mad because he/she didn't put Ice Climbers on the list.

Let go.
Considering their chances of coming back for Smash 4 are thin to none, there's no point in even crying over it. Of course it's not going to happen, they won't work on the 3DS. The chances of them being fixed are low since I've already seen the online lag with the regular version and lots of stuff on the screen. It's already bad enough at its worst. IC's will make it unplayable. And banning them from all online and possibly offline multiplayer outside of computer only play is not a feasible option. Chorus Kids may have the same issues, but the rest have zero issues in being playable beyond Sakurai not wanting to do it. Having another role isn't an "issue" either anyway.

D

Deleted member

Heh.

Considering their chances of coming back for Smash 4 are thin to none, there's no point in even crying over it. Of course it's not going to happen, they won't work on the 3DS. The chances of them being fixed are low since I've already seen the online lag with the regular version and lots of stuff on the screen. It's already bad enough at its worst. IC's will make it unplayable. And banning them from all online and possibly offline multiplayer outside of computer only play is not a feasible option. Chorus Kids may have the same issues, but the rest have zero issues in being playable beyond Sakurai not wanting to do it. Having another role isn't an "issue" either anyway.
I agree.

People just need to stop begging for the Climbers.

They've climbed their last mountain...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I agree.

People just need to stop begging for the Climbers.

They've climbed their last mountain...
I'll miss them too, but sometimes we gotta let go. I lost my main in Wolf as well. I had to stop trying to use Mario in Brawl because he was awful. Changes happen. For better or worse.

D

Deleted member

I'll miss them too, but sometimes we gotta let go. I lost my main in Wolf as well. I had to stop trying to use Mario in Brawl because he was awful. Changes happen. For better or worse.
sadly... *sob i can never let go of Mewtwo...

In my heart i'll always remember you...
Mewtwo

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Or they could just have other m ridley be the stage hazard and have brawl/new design ridley be playable
Agree but theres a 5% chance of that ever happening.

sadly... *sob i can never let go of Mewtwo...

In my heart i'll always remember you...
Mewtwo
If Dlc happens and this guy still isn't there I'm gonna be repissed off. I really don't want this to end up like Venom and MegaMan not getting in MVC3 due to some bull**** reasons.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If DLC happens and this guy still isn't there I'm gonna be repissed off. I really don't want this to end up like Venom and MegaMan not getting in MVC3 due to some bull**** reasons.
I would honestly hate that as well, however, judging by what Sakurai pulled with ZSS during the Smash Direct...

"After a long, long, time, Mewtwo will finally be joining in the fray in this iteration of Super Smash Brothers.
AH! Just Kidding!" :troll:
----
hopefully though, Sakurai will not go through with that, and he will at least give us Mewtwo back (though he is all i want).
and by least, i mean what about 60% of the fans (30% for Ridley fans, 9% for Captain Toad, and 1% for others) want back.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I would honestly hate that as well, however, judging by what Sakurai pulled with ZSS during the Smash Direct...

"After a long, long, time, Mewtwo will finally be joining in the fray in this iteration of Super Smash Brothers.
AH! Just Kidding!" :troll:
----
hopefully though, Sakurai will not go through with that, and he will at least give us Mewtwo back (though he is all i want).
and by least, i mean what about 60% of the fans (30% for Ridley fans, 9% for Captain Toad, and 1% for others) want back.
Sakurai wouldn't do that, He's a troll but he's not evil

It only really works the other way around

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Agree but theres a 5% chance of that ever happening.

If Dlc happens and this guy still isn't there I'm gonna be repissed off. I really don't want this to end up like Venom and MegaMan not getting in MVC3 due to some bull**** reasons.
WE WERE NOT HAPPY FOR BEING EXCLUDED FROM MVC3!! Oh goo is too hard to animate but here's Shuma-Gorath who moves almost exactly the same way! Bah. I just wanted to play as Anti-Venom, even if as an alt costume.

Back on topic, if Ridley does end up being shwn as on the roster on Thursday then I must commend Sakurai for being able to keep it under wraps and stringing people along for this long. Can't say I agree with it, but at least it would have paid off positively for those who care. If he's not on the roster then really he should have just shown him fully long ago, no shadows. Even if he's in some specific boss mode it wouldn't change the fact he's a boss thus I see no point in holding off so long. May Thursday give those who've waited 13 years what they've wanted, amen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom