• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory about wolf's recovery

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I was wondering if wolf up b'd back on stage, but was pivot grabbed at edge so all damage is received and he is grabbed right at the edge. If he is then given no pummels or thrown, then does he lose his recovery? Can someone test this?

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Wolf has a decent recovery if he can DI. If he's under the stage height, he's dead though. Always use side-b to recover.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
None of these messages have anything to do with my question. I'm not asking about his recovery in how good it is, I'm asking if something happens like it does with sonic and snake when they are grabbed out of up b. Wolf's up b isn't as easily grabbed and possibly not able to be grabbed with up b right at a person without a pivot grab. I'll ask perfectedidiot to test this if he can.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Usually you get your UpB back if you get hit out from it unless it's a move that doesn't recover it like Mario's FLUDD.

I dunno about Snake's and Sonic's UpBs, though, but they don't enter helpless after using them, so this might have to do with it.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Usually you get your UpB back if you get hit out from it unless it's a move that doesn't recover it like Mario's FLUDD.

I dunno about Snake's and Sonic's UpBs, though, but they don't enter helpless after using them, so this might have to do with it.
When you grab snake or sonic out of an up b and do no pummel or grab they lose there recovery and are air grab released. It auto kills sonic. Snake can c4 himself, but he needs to angle it right. Get what I'm saying? I'm wondering if it's the same for wolf. Wolf's recovery though would need to be pivot grabbed.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Oh my god, you double posted. What a n00b.

And it's not common knowledge, cause neither Onishiba or I knew about it. I only know that Sonic, Snake and GnW get screwed like that. I don't know anything about pivot grabs or whatnot. Are there other characters that lose recoveries?

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of GnW recovery, is it actually possible to hit him out of it or does it have Invincibility frames?

I always end up getting hit by it no matter what move I use.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Speaking of GnW recovery, is it actually possible to hit him out of it or does it have Invincibility frames?

I always end up getting hit by it no matter what move I use.
He has invincibility frames half way up. I'm not sure if we can dair him because of the parachute, but at his peak, we should be able to hit him with a bair or a fair.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
You have to have a recovery that doesn't put you in helpless for the grab on edge-->air release doom to work. Wolf enters helpless, therefore it doesn't affect him.

Am I missing something here?

Top Bottom