• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TheBlackHombre: Smash Arcade Stick Demonstration

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
You do need a z button, shield grabs have different frame data and toon link's zair has much more lag if performed like a shield grab.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
"While Smash is a fighting game unlike most fighters there number of players using arcade sticks due to their lack of analog sticks and very different control scheme."
@ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill this sentence doesn't really make sense :p

And hey, whatever works for people. I'm sure many smash fans will still be interested in using their controllers, and there are characters that would probably be best to keep a Z button for Zairs, etc. But Ryu doesn't need none of that, and this fighting stick is more comfortable, then ain't nothing wrong with that.

Taokaka

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ValooDX
3DS FC
2758-4249-4296
Wow this is interesting :0 But there are definitely alot of buttons xD

Last edited:

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
I use a Wiimote for brawl. (i know, crucify me if you want.) I only use my GC controller for GC games, also i don't really know about melee, i'm about to get started using project m but i never played melee so i have NO. IDEA. what this guy is talking about. The only controllers that aren't wiimotes that i use are the pro controller and gamepad. (btw should i use the GC contoller for Project M?)

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
I SO want to play with this. It seems like making button inputs/precise combos would be much easier. If you ever plan on commercializing it, I'm definitely a customer!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I use a Wiimote for brawl. (i know, crucify me if you want.) I only use my GC controller for GC games, also i don't really know about melee, i'm about to get started using project m but i never played melee so i have NO. IDEA. what this guy is talking about. The only controllers that aren't wiimotes that i use are the pro controller and gamepad. (btw should i use the GC contoller for Project M?)
Yes, you should use the GC controller for Project M. It's the best option, the GC controller is the best designed controller of all time in my opinion.

This arcade stick is nice and all but the reality is if you plan on competiting at live tournaments, it won't be allowed.

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
Yes, you should use the GC controller for Project M. It's the best option, the GC controller is the best designed controller of all time in my opinion.

This arcade stick is nice and all but the reality is if you plan on competiting at live tournaments, it won't be allowed.
Thanks dude.
Also, I think that sticks would have to be made BY the tournament provider for bigger tournaments, So the tournament provider would take money from the player that wants it, then give that money to a commissioner ahead of time before the tournament.
(just an idea.)

Squirty

Smash Cadet
NNID
Squirty
3DS FC
2964-8582-2386

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
Wow cool an arcade stick to enhance the "attack-roll" tactic.

Truly this is gonna advance the meta to new levels.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
lol why wouldn't it be? I'm sure it has a GCN cord. It'd be more ideal than a procontroller.

Anyway this is really interesting, and I hope we can see more of these so that traditional fighting game guys could get into smash. That'd be incredibly cool!
Probably for the same reason that lots of fighting game players think that hitboxes are stupid. It's not really an invalid argument either, you gotta call the line at some point.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Too bad this wouldnt ever be allowed at any tournaments
Every other FG allows custom controllers/sticks and I've never heard of them being even remotely banned in smash unless it has a macro of some sort. In 64 alone here in WA I've seen keyboards, hori minipads, lighted controllers, and those Frankenstein keyboard controllers.

Now I do have to admit, I question the legality of the shift button. But it would come with both it's up and down sides. Only ever having 2 ground and air speeds sounds detrimental to characters like Jiggs/Peach. Not to mention with the stick being digital your missing out on a ton of angles for recoveries.

The other fight stick he'll be showing us in the next video though sounds amazing and perfectly legal. I'm only hoping he swapped the shift key for Z in that one.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Makes me realize how much we need C-buttons in Smash. Especially one with very slight diagonal input so that those of use with tilt sticks get a Nair button. :evil:

Top Bottom