• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Zero switch...a zero lag pokemon switch

anax4aero

Smash Cadet
Hey, smashville is fine for PT as long as your opponent isn't marth.
I would think almost any stage is fine as long as Marth isn't the opponent.

I was wondering two things:
- Does anyone have any videos of this technique being used in battle?
- Is there a possibility of DI'ng pokemon change to make this work in stationary platforms? I know I may sound stupid, but I literaly had a dream where you could abuse Pokemon Change in a way similar to MK's infinite cape glitch, and I can't test this myself because I'm miles away from my wii.

Baton Passing ftw, it does sound cooler.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
LOL... i was thinking i suggested baton pass originally but maybe i just read it somewhere and started asking for the name change.... its ok reflex :p
U turn may be cool too :)
Do you believe this may alter PT's spot on the next tier list?... I think so, but not as much as reflex does altere that freaking list :p

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Falco on japes, MK on rainbow cruise, Snake on corneria, Wario on brinstar...

And there are many stages that are fine even if marth is the opponent. Battlefield and PS1 are good examples.

So i'm not sure what your point was :ohwell:
My tipper fsmash is the fsmash that will pierce the heavens on battlefield.

anax4aero

Smash Cadet
Falco on japes, MK on rainbow cruise, Snake on corneria, Wario on brinstar...

And there are many stages that are fine even if marth is the opponent. Battlefield and PS1 are good examples.

So i'm not sure what your point was :ohwell:
My point was that regardless of the stage, a good Marth can easily **** PT. I don't know about you, but from personal experience Marth is the most difficult match-up, especially thanks to the CG on squirtle.

Marth on Battlefield? no thanks.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Just my own contribution :p

A safer way to Baton Pass on Pirate Ship is to use it on the tip of the head of the King of Red Lions* as it goes away. You can't use it on the back, but why would you want to anyway?
It leaves pretty slowly, so you don't need perfect timing either (I tested all of this BTW).

*I don't really know if that's the name of the boat, I'm just guessing :D

Toby.

Smash Master
My point was that regardless of the stage, a good Marth can easily **** PT. I don't know about you, but from personal experience Marth is the most difficult match-up, especially thanks to the CG on squirtle.

Marth on Battlefield? no thanks.
I play against the best marth in Australia very frequently, since we live about 15 minutes from each other. Yes its a hard matchup. Maybe the hardest.

That having been said...

The platforms on battlefield stop the chaingrab. Squirtle lands on them. This saves us from the spike and upsmash followups, leaving only fsmash. At least we can DI towards the corners and momentum cancel the fsmash, unlike the spike which is pretty much death from 50%. Fsmash also does less damage than upsmash.

So there are things you can do to prevent the ****, or at least limit it.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I've been using the zero-lag switch semi-regularly now, and it's just amazing. It's so hilarious seeing people so smug and sure that they're going to punish my Pokemon Change, only to have y either clobber them or go right through their attack. :laugh:

The platforms on battlefield stop the chaingrab. Squirtle lands on them.
Not always; it depends on the positioning. If he grabs you underneath the platform facing the other platform, he'll get at least one or two more regrabs out of it. If he grabs you under the platform facing the edge, he can still CG to spike.

Top Bottom