• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Zelda "Megadump" Thread

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
Cuz all ye salty ones need this, stahp posting in the Matchup thread. Now you have a thread to complain in.

Honestly, it's kinda sad I felt compelled to make this thread. I've only seen this in one other place, and that was in the Primal Carnage boards for the current Dilophosaurus, that it is "underpowered". It isn't. I main dilo, and sure, I ain't that good, but I know peeple who destroy with it. Maybe it's symbolism for what will happen with Zelda...

None the less, here it is. Display your salt to the Zelda boards. Zelda mains, this is also a thread for you to be salty about these Zelda nerfs I keep hearing that are rumored.

So have at it, I look forward to your educated arguements. And in the meantime, here's a pic I edited to show what I think's going to happen:

Last edited:

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
That's the purpose of this thread, so good luck @ Garde Noir Garde Noir ! I'll be checking in here and there to make sure things are civilized and put in my two cents. Please don't be too malicious people.

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
So glad this has been separated from the match-up forum. That discussion has boiled down to a **** storm of complaining, speculation, and paranoia. Now people have a place to dump instead of the match-up board. Maybe we'll actually be able to talk about characters again...

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
^Agreed. Now we can all just ***** here!

I know they're going to change Nayru's, i'm wondering if they'll take out the Love Jump, which if they did could potentially mess with Diamond Diving (sorry @ DarkStarStorm DarkStarStorm ). But that's just an inference; I don't know if taking out one affects the other, I just know the mechanisms are similar, and I'm wondering if they remove the mechanism, will both techniques be disabled. Same for Farore's boost too.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Thank you for making this thread. Zelda needed this the most out of any character in p:m.

Maybe now we can attempt to better Zelda's metagame and get to constructive talk some in her own character boardwithout salt bombardments. > , >

inb4thisisherbusiestthread...

Last edited:

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
Lol lemme find a post I made earlier...

ohmygoshihatezeldasheonlyneedslightningkickandnaryusluvandshewinsomygoshlighningkickissodumbnerfzeldaplswhensmarvelzeldaplssuchlighningkickznerfplszeldaisbrokenstahpwithlighningkicksdataintfalcozeldaisnofuntofightsogladzeldaisbeingnerfedallheraerialsarekneesnerfplsneuterallbissodumbzeldaneedznurfstupidlightningkickzeldaisnofuntoplayagainstichooseyoupikachuihatezeldaplschangehalpzeldaissobrokennowaytolearnthematchupplshalpusfromfoxsonlybadmuneedsnerfcuzmeleeyoshiyoshiskrewzeldacuzshessospammytoomanylighningkicksihatezeldashessodumb
:laugh:

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Cuz all ye salty ones need this, stahp posting in the Matchup thread. Now you have a thread to complain in.

Honestly, it's kinda sad I felt compelled to make this thread. I've only seen this in one other place, and that was in the Primal Carnage boards for the current Dilophosaurus, that it is "underpowered". It isn't. I main dilo, and sure, I ain't that good, but I know peeple who destroy with it. Maybe it's symbolism for what will happen with Zelda...

None the less, here it is. Display your salt to the Zelda boards. Zelda mains, this is also a thread for you to be salty about these Zelda nerfs I keep hearing that are rumored.

So have at it, I look forward to your educated arguements. And in the meantime, here's a pic I edited to show what I think's going to happen:

Fix'ed

upload_2014-4-23_8-0-4.png

Lol. Yes. @ DarkStarStorm DarkStarStorm , you are the girl.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
ZELDAISTHEGIRL

P.S. I like my red backpack shoulderblade jet thing
I've got an idea... How about we buff Zelda by giving her a JETPACK!!! Wouldn't that be great?!?!?!?! LIGHTNING KICKS ALL DAY!!!!!

MAKE HER EVEN MORE OP!!!!!!!

upload_2014-4-23_10-46-32.png

And I can get away with saying that too, since this is the Zelda megadump thread. :grin:

Last edited:

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
I've got an idea... How about we buff Zelda by giving her a JETPACK!!! Wouldn't that be great?!?!?!?! LIGHTNING KICKS ALL DAY!!!!!

MAKE HER EVEN MORE OP!!!!!!!
View attachment 12886

And I can get away with saying that too, since this is the Zelda megadump thread. :grin:
WHAT IF LIGHNING KICK ACTUALLY SHOT OUT LIGHTNING BOLTS WITH THAT?! ENORMOUS HITBOXES! ADD TO HER OP!!!!
:awesome:

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Lol. But on a serious note, I'll probably take some time this weekend to form a case against Zelda's everything (Lightning Kicks; Nayru's; Din's; the disjointed, lingering hitbox on her F-smash; etc).

EDIT: Fix'ed

Last edited:

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'd like to see a slightly longer wavedash, or something safer for neutral. What would you change TimeSmash?

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I will hand it to people that Nayru's is too quick, so I might change that a bit. I would NOT change Love Jump/DDing mechanics. There's some complaint about the not so visible hitboxes it has, especially towards the ends of the attack, but I'm more neutral about that. You know the range of the move, you should know when it ends, because when it isn't autocancelled, it is punishable. Also you can shield literally the whole attack, so you can punish then too.

An actualy chainthrow would be nice. Or a different down air

Edit: Take that back about "you know the range of the move" of Nayru's. When I think about it, its range is somewhat deceptive

Last edited:

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
I agree that the furthest crystal of Nayru's is small and hard to notice. I constantly have to explain to people that it can actually land cancel. I'm fine with the chain throws that she does have on spacies. Any more would feel greedy, especially since you can essentially get 55%-death off of a grab. Dair has potential with it's slightly delayed hit box since you can Din trap someone's recovery and get a dair at a bad height for a meteor cancel.

A fun thing to practice with up throws on space animals: Go to FD or set the spacie in a place where you can chain grab. 4 up throws> Dair sweet spot> tech chase. If they miss the tech you can land on them with a nair, Nayru, or Farore wind start up to teldash tech chase. Have a friend control the Fox to practice with organic DI. Fun stuff.

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
Ok Ok So so so so we alllllllllllll noe zelder is broken as **** rite? No don't give me dat Nairo is punishuhbullshet you dirty zelder playa's alway be spewing.

Nah Nah Nah lets face it! DAT GIRL IS BROKE AS SHET YO.First off, one time I wuz playan wit my Whitelightnan, dude is pretty cool but his choice in characters is absolootely ****ED UP I mean... Zelda? Really White? **** NIGGAH. Well... anywa we wuz playan and I was my bro pit (shoutouts to pit #pit) AND I GOT KILLED BY A DASHATTACK! And I wuz only at 175%. WHAT KIND OF BOKE BULLSHET IS THIS ****ING SHI? WHO THE **** DESIGNED THIS *****?!?

AND THAT IZ NOT EVEN DA WORST PART. Dose Din's? DEY DONT EVEN BLOW UP RIGHT AWAY. DEY JUST SIT DERE. AND DEN THEY SPLODE. **** MAN, ONE TIME I WAS PLAYAN AGAINST A ZELDER and theen like oh my god there was 3... THRRRREEEE ****ING DINS ARUOND ME. Like he really took me too dinnies you kno?
AND DONT YOU. NO DONY YOU EVER MENTION NAIRU TOO ME. There should be a drinkan game were every time Zelder does a nairo you just give up and go 2 AA because there is not enough booze in shotsilvania for you to drink every time she do that.

**** ZELDER.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Ok Ok So so so so we alllllllllllll noe zelder is broken as **** rite? No don't give me dat Nairo is punishuhbullshet you dirty zelder playa's alway be spewing.

Nah Nah Nah lets face it! DAT GIRL IS BROKE AS SHET YO.First off, one time I wuz playan wit my Whitelightnan, dude is pretty cool but his choice in characters is absolootely ****ED UP I mean... Zelda? Really White? **** *****H. Well... anywa we wuz playan and I was my bro pit (shoutouts to pit #pit) AND I GOT KILLED BY A DASHATTACK! And I wuz only at 175%. WHAT KIND OF BOKE BULLSHET IS THIS ****ING SHI? WHO THE **** DESIGNED THIS *****?!?

AND THAT IZ NOT EVEN DA WORST PART. Dose Din's? DEY DONT EVEN BLOW UP RIGHT AWAY. DEY JUST SIT DERE. AND DEN THEY SPLODE. **** MAN, ONE TIME I WAS PLAYAN AGAINST A ZELDER and theen like oh my god there was 3... THRRRREEEE ****ING DINS ARUOND ME. Like he really took me too dinnies you kno?
AND DONT YOU. NO DONY YOU EVER MENTION NAIRU TOO ME. There should be a drinkan game were every time Zelder does a nairo you just give up and go 2 AA because there is not enough booze in shotsilvania for you to drink every time she do that.

**** ZELDER.

But on a more serious note, I too am not a big fan of "Zelder" either, but you could have stated your opinion a little less... angrily...

Last edited:

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman

Nah Nah Nah lets face it! DAT GIRL IS BROKE AS SHET YO.First off, one time I wuz playan wit my Whitelightnan, dude is pretty cool but his choice in characters is absolootely ****ED UP I mean... Zelda? Really White? **** *****H. Well... anywa we wuz playan and I was my bro pit (shoutouts to pit #pit) AND I GOT KILLED BY A DASHATTACK! And I wuz only at 175%. WHAT KIND OF BOKE BULLSHET IS THIS ****ING SHI? WHO THE **** DESIGNED THIS *****?!?

**** ZELDER.
I want to defend my main, but I'm still not quite if you've insulted her yet. I feel like there's an argument in here somewhere... but I still can't tell

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman

**** ZELDER.
Well, that is a large pile of salt. Sure I think that Zelda is a chore, but I don't think I've ever been that salty.

But on a more serious note, I too am not a big fan of "Zelder" either, but you could have stated your opinion a little less... angrily...
I second this. Both statements. :laugh:

I want to defend my main, but I'm still not quite if you've insulted her yet. I feel like there's an argument in here somewhere... but I still can't tell
I don't see an argument either. All I see is this:

But in all honesty, It's really punishable if it misses, so it doesn't need to change.
But how many times that it misses is the opponent in a position to punish effectively? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying nerf Zelda. Just make her less of a chore. But that's why I asked ya Zelda's. In the end, tho, it is out of my control what happens to Zelda, and I can't say for sure that I'll be depressed if she's nerfed. (No offense)

EDIT: Ah... He was joking. Imsogullible lolwut.

Last edited:

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I will hand it to people that Nayru's is too quick, so I might change that a bit. I would NOT change Love Jump/DDing mechanics. There's some complaint about the not so visible hitboxes it has, especially towards the ends of the attack, but I'm more neutral about that. You know the range of the move, you should know when it ends, because when it isn't autocancelled, it is punishable. Also you can shield literally the whole attack, so you can punish then too.

An actualy chainthrow would be nice. Or a different down air

Edit: Take that back about "you know the range of the move" of Nayru's. When I think about it, its range is somewhat deceptive
I think that they should take away the invulnerability and give her LIGHT armor on Nayru's. At times I feel like MK when using it. I think that they should add a horizontal Din's Boost mechanic to side-b. I think that they should make Zelda's U-air be a two-input move. I think that if they lessened the superspots on Fair then it would still be good. Bair is fine, the superspots on it aren't that bad honestly. Otherwise I think that she's fine. Experienced players only have two complaints that I've seen. Nayru's is broken (it is kinda), and FAIR OP. I think that if they made Fair be as powerful as Bair, all will be right in the world.

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
I think that they should take away the invulnerability and give her LIGHT armor on Nayru's. At times I feel like MK when using it. I think that they should add a horizontal Din's Boost mechanic to side-b. I think that they should make Zelda's U-air be a two-input move. I think that if they lessened the superspots on Fair then it would still be good. Bair is fine, the superspots on it aren't that bad honestly. Otherwise I think that she's fine. Experienced players only have two complaints that I've seen. Nayru's is broken (it is kinda), and FAIR OP. I think that if they made Fair be as powerful as Bair, all will be right in the world.
Wait a second... WHAT IS THIS?! A zelda main... CALLING FOR ZELDA TO BE NERFED?! WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO?! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

All joking aside, that sounds like an interesting opinion. I'd be fine with those changes.

Yurya

Smash Apprentice
I'm just popping in here to throw some ideas out you need not take them too seriously but please consider them nonetheless.

Zelda is somewhat infuriating to play against because one has to work so hard to fight her when it doesn't seem that hard to just tap B. Now if she was given some mobility options to offset nerfs that could go a long way to resolve while keeping her effective and similar to what she is.

Say she gained air speed and air control closer to Puff?
Say she separated from Sheik and had a down-b that granted mobility options?
Quicker combo finisher Teleport in like to Wolf's side-b?

Pika_thunder

Smash Apprentice
^ how do you lose to a love spammer? That's like losing to someone who smash-spams.

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
I'm just popping in here to throw some ideas out you need not take them too seriously but please consider them nonetheless.

Zelda is somewhat infuriating to play against because one has to work so hard to fight her when it doesn't seem that hard to just tap B. Now if she was given some mobility options to offset nerfs that could go a long way to resolve while keeping her effective and similar to what she is.

you, sir, are on the wrong thread. This thread is specifically for people raging. For decent ideas and suggestions, please find the appropriate thread. You're a loose cannon, and I like that, but this isn't for suggestions.

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman

That was a joke, I was genuinely surprised that you weren't raging.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269

If you're losing to a Nayru's spammer then maybe you should learn how to deal with spammers. Not call for nerfs. It's called: Bait out a poorly spammed Nayru's and punish the many frames that it's not invulnerable=win.
She has very good movement in the form of the Teledash. She shouldn't separate from Sheik because many people main Sheilda.
She has enough power, all she needs are the a fore mentioned changes that I posted above.

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
If you're losing to a Nayru's spammer then maybe you should learn how to deal with spammers. Not call for nerfs. It's called: Bait out a poorly spammed Nayru's and punish the many frames that it's not invulnerable=win.
She has very good movement in the form of the Teledash. She shouldn't separate from Sheik because many people main Sheilda.
She has enough power, all she needs are the a fore mentioned changes that I posted above.
About the frames of noninvulerability... That's assuming you get past the high priority crystals made of skrewyourattack-inite. lol

Top Bottom