• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wrestling Thread

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Why haven't you gone with Kurt Angle's theme as your gym song?

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence!

So Daniel Bryan finally gets a match that ****ing matters... and it's against a guy who hasn't even wrestled in a year. Plus it's not main event. What the ****?
1393652016322.png

We all care. But hes too old and too hurt....also STONE COLD STONE COLD STONE COLD!!!.....I miss JR :(
BAH GAWD HE IS BROKEN IN HALF!

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Reviving this on the wake of Wrestle Kingdom 9. Anyone still watch wrestling weekly? Including WWE, Puro, Lucha Libre, Indie etc etc

Tali_Zorha

Smash Rookie
I watch it every know and then. Only watch wwe as well. I tried watching TNA but I couldn't get into it.

So now I just watch jeff hardy's matches on youtube :)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Reviving this on the wake of Wrestle Kingdom 9. Anyone still watch wrestling weekly? Including WWE, Puro, Lucha Libre, Indie etc etc
I watch Raw for mah boy Jhon Cenus. Lucha Underground has been great and I have discovered PWG. TNA will be coming back with Destination American.

Speaking of WK9, I only caught the Okada/Tana match. I have a link though to the whole thing. When I have time, I'll watch it all. I would get into NJPW but I don't understand Japanese.

My secret wish is that Jhon quits the 'E, and he joins CM Punk who would join with NJPW. They would then become one of the most legendary tag teams in the history of wrestling.

1420091670469.jpg

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
I watch Raw for mah boy Jhon Cenus. Lucha Underground has been great and I have discovered PWG. TNA will be coming back with Destination American.

Speaking of WK9, I only caught the Okada/Tana match. I have a link though to the whole thing. When I have time, I'll watch it all. I would get into NJPW but I don't understand Japanese.

My secret wish is that Jhon quits the 'E, and he joins CM Punk who would join with NJPW. They would then become one of the most legendary tag teams in the history of wrestling.

View attachment 34897
That is an amazing picture lmao
I usually watch NJPW and NOAH with japanese commentary even though I don't understand a word because I understand emotion and wrestling. But JR and Striker on WK9 was amazing. NJPW with english commentary is head and shoulders above all. Worth the watch when you can.

I only don't want Jhonni Boi in NJPW because we already have Tanahashi, who is essentially Cena

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
That is an amazing picture lmao
I usually watch NJPW and NOAH with japanese commentary even though I don't understand a word because I understand emotion and wrestling. But JR and Striker on WK9 was amazing. NJPW with english commentary is head and shoulders above all. Worth the watch when you can.

I only don't want Jhonni Boi in NJPW because we already have Tanahashi, who is essentially Cena
When I get a break in my schedule I will give it a watch.

But then we'd have Cena vs. Cena! Just think of it.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
When I get a break in my schedule I will give it a watch.

But then we'd have Cena vs. Cena! Just think of it.
I can't imagine Cena catching Tana mid High Fly Flow and hitting and AA on him, only for Tana to no sell that and hit a dragon screw, then Cena no sells that and slaps on the STFU, only for Tana to refuse to even look hurt. The match would never end

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I can't imagine Cena catching Tana mid High Fly Flow and hitting and AA on him, only for Tana to no sell that and hit a dragon screw, then Cena no sells that and slaps on the STFU, only for Tana to refuse to even look hurt. The match would never end
I can...and it's beautiful.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
RAW every Monday, Lucha every Wednesday. Also, since there's talk of a soft brand split I may start watching Smackdown. Hopefully they ease up on the canned crowd reactions though. Bleugh.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Two things were the only good of the Rumble:

That title match between Cena/Rollins/Lesnar.

That based crowd not falling for Vince's plan of sending the Rock to have him sway away the boos.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
This threads needs more activity ;-;

Has anyone considered that Daniel Bryan is basically Captain Falcon? Everyone loves him, he's super hype, he yells YES a lot and knees people as a finisher. Just saying.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
This threads needs more activity ;-;

Has anyone considered that Daniel Bryan is basically Captain Falcon? Everyone loves him, he's super hype, he yells YES a lot and knees people as a finisher. Just saying.
I've thought the very same thing. I've been flirting with the idea of making a meme involving Captain Falcon's head superimposed on Daniel Bryan's body.

By the way, I want Lesnar to win at Wrestlemania. I feel Reigns isn't ready to be "that guy".

And what about Bray Wyatt vs. Undertaker? Undertaker's streak died at the hands of Lesnar last year, so what's there to look forward to?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I've thought the very same thing. I've been flirting with the idea of making a meme involving Captain Falcon's head superimposed on Daniel Bryan's body.

By the way, I want Lesnar to win at Wrestlemania. I feel Reigns isn't ready to be "that guy".

And what about Bray Wyatt vs. Undertaker? Undertaker's streak died at the hands of Lesnar last year, so what's there to look forward to?
Prepare to be disappointed. Old man Vince is convinced (lel) that Roman is the next Cena/Rock/Hogan because samoan.

And as a major Bray fan I'm hyped for the match. I can see it as a "passing of the torch" match considering Taker's probably going to retire after this year. I could see a possible screwy supernatural finish where Bray "consumes his soul" or something.

Oh, and I went to Smackdown in Atlanta on Tuesday. It was hype, and I got myself a Ryback shirt :colorful:

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Prepare to be disappointed. Old man Vince is convinced (lel) that Roman is the next Cena/Rock/Hogan because samoan.
Therein lies the problem, because Roman Reigns, as good looking as he is, has zero charisma. I mean, watching him speak to Paul Heyman on Raw about his upcoming match with Lesnar was so cringe-worthy, even Botchamania might be too put off to add that to their highlight reels.

I'd much rather see Ziggler, or hell, even Rusev! There are so many other guys who deserve to be over more so than Reigns, but of course Vince wants the powerhouse to be the face of the business.

And as a major Bray fan I'm hyped for the match. I can see it as a "passing of the torch" match considering Taker's probably going to retire after this year. I could see a possible screwy supernatural finish where Bray "consumes his soul" or something.
I love Bray Wyatt. If nothing else, he's a hell of a performer for a heavy set guy, and that amazes me. I get the whole passing of the torch thing, but I think it would have had a little more of an impact if The Undertaker's streak was still intact. Just my opinion. I'll still watch it, since I have the WWE Network, so I might as well.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
They should've just let Roman get an IC/US title win to slowly build him up. I do feel it's possible to do a double turn with Lesnar/Reigns at WreslteMania or have Rollins cash in and win the championship

Of course Vince wants powerhouse to be the face. That's why he's looking the guy's legs :p

Eh, seeing Bray/Taker doesn't really mean anything other than passing the torch since Lesnar beat the streak last year. I might as well watch WrestleMania but we'll see

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Lesnar beating the streak was still so dumb.

Anyway, I've kinda dropped WWE! I couldn't take it anymore.
He really didn't need the win. He was already hot even before the streak win. And now they're going to waste THAT by having Roman be the one to beat Lesnar and be the 1 in 1 behind the 1 21 and 1.

Can't blame ya. I'm only sticking cause of Census and Bryan. I think Jhon will finally go heel soon. Also I'd like to add in that Lucha Underground is amazing. It's a shame that it's on a small channel cause that hurts the viewership. I hope LU continues to have great success cause I honestly love the way the present the product.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
He really didn't need the win. He was already hot even before the streak win. And now they're going to waste THAT by having Roman be the one to beat Lesnar and be the 1 in 1 behind the 1 21 and 1.

Can't blame ya. I'm only sticking cause of Census and Bryan. I think Jhon will finally go heel soon. Also I'd like to add in that Lucha Underground is amazing. It's a shame that it's on a small channel cause that hurts the viewership. I hope LU continues to have great success cause I honestly love the way the present the product.
Problem is I honestly doubt Cena would go heel anytime soon. It's been hinted every year, and it has yet to happen

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised people still stick around and watch wrestling today. I started losing interest around the time Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho left (2010 I think). I tried to get back into wrestling when CM Punk did that whole year long title reign but the show itself was soooo unbearable to watch. Daniel Bryan and Kane hugging it out? Really?!?! :facepalm: I can't stand watching the shows no more. Me and my brother still look up ppv results once and a while, but that's about it! The only thing that got me excited recently was the WWE debut of Sting, but knowing WWE they won't use him properly. I also can't stand the ICW because they're pretty much discouraging any new fans. But hey.. that's just me! :ohwell:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It's coming though. I just know it. I feel it in my bones.
Given Cena's ever-growing mean streak, especially after this past Monday on Raw, I am hoping for a more heel Cena, even if his character is more anti-face than an actual heel. Just change his gimmick already!

Last edited:

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be shocked if Cena turned heel on Roman Reigns after Summerslam and they had a feud that lasted through Survivor Series. But if Rollins cashes in at Wrestlemania and wins the WWE World Heavyweight Title, I see a three-way feud as something possible.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I wouldn't be shocked if Cena turned heel on Roman Reigns after Summerslam and they had a feud that lasted through Survivor Series. But if Rollins cashes in at Wrestlemania and wins the WWE World Heavyweight Title, I see a three-way feud as something possible.
This is assuming Cena isn't U.S. champion after he faces Rusev. Unless they decide to gung-ho it and make Cena U.S. champion and a contender for the WWE title anyway.

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
This is assuming Cena isn't U.S. champion after he faces Rusev. Unless they decide to gung-ho it and make Cena U.S. champion and a contender for the WWE title anyway.
You know, that does make me think about something... I'm thinking WWE feels like they have to bring legitimacy to the U.S. Title (because lets face it, the U.S. Championship is a joke).

They've spent a year building Rusev to be this unbeatable powerhouse and I don't think WWE will be stupid enough to make the same mistake they made with Umaga (in that they had him undefeated for an inexplicable amount of time until Cena beats him, then Umaga is relegated to being even more of a joke).

I think Rusev wins at Wrestlemania in an attempt to make the U.S. Title legitimate (because beating Cena I guess means you're doing something right), as well as further building Rusev's career.

And think about this... If Rusev does win, could you endure a summer-long feud between Reigns and Rusev? I bet Vince has wet dreams about Rusev/Reigns at Summerslam.

Last edited:
Top Bottom