• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wrestling Thread

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
You can talk about anything professional wrestling related here, from WWE to TNA, from Show results to PPV results from T Shirts to Video games

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So apparently, the rumour is TNA is up for sale. I knew Hulk Hogan was killing that place...ugh. It sounds weird to say, but Jeff Jarrett should've never given up his company.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
So apparently, the rumour is TNA is up for sale. I knew Hulk Hogan was killing that place...ugh. It sounds weird to say, but Jeff Jarrett should've never given up his company.

Blame Dixie Carter for hiring that has-been. Even Eugene had more brains than her. (She has a redneck sounding name, I bet she can't even count to three.)
80VpU.jpg

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
to be fair to Dixie, I think TNA has always been not really making money. She and her family just didnt do anything to stop the bleeding.

Does TNA have enough content for the WWE to buy it out similar to WCW? I don't think the WWE would do it, but I don't know who would want to buy TNA.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
to be fair to Dixie, I think TNA has always been not really making money. She and her family just didnt do anything to stop the bleeding.

Does TNA have enough content for the WWE to buy it out similar to WCW? I don't think the WWE would do it, but I don't know who would want to buy TNA.

Well TNA does have AJ Styles, Austin Aires, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, STING, and Ultimate X.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol marks

STONE COL'
STONE COL'
STONE COL'

#BAStar

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Well TNA does have AJ Styles, Austin Aires, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, STING, and Ultimate X.
so they have 3 wrestlers who aren't getting younger ( although Kurt is still the one ) 2 that would be midcard at most and a gimmick match the wWe wouldn't use

gee thats a lotta stuff they have

aren't WWE thinking on buying TNA cus of the lawsuit TNA have against them, and if TNA lose it could cost the WWE more money then they would to buy TNA

something to do with the wellness and contracts of all wrestlers will be changed if they do lose the lawsuit

some crap like that

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Sting is the only one they would want I think at this point. Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy can't handle full time schedules. Also, I know they've overcome their demons at this point but their last tenure ended due to their addictions for both of them. Jeff Hardy's would have been released if he stayed in the WWE for a few months had he not left because of his drug related arrest. They could work limited contracts akin to RVD, but they wouldn't really need to buy TNA to get them. Especially since their current contract probably requires more appearances than they would want in the WWE.

They didn't even take Austin Aries for Tough Enough. AJ Styles is getting older but he could contribute to the product. I don't think he would be at the same level at WWE as he is in TNA, and thus wouldn't carry the same value. I think the reason he resigned a temporary extension is because he either didnt get a good offer from the WWE anything at all. Both could contribute to product but not worth buying TNA for. AJ Styles is essentially Booker T, if TNA is compared to WCW. And we all know how that went.

Ultimate X is a dangerous, spotfest version of the ladder match, which the WWE has perfected over the last 20 years. Ladder matches are a better version of the match. I don't think Ultimate X would add to the product, unless the WWE had some type of X division. It has shown an aversion to a cruiserweight division over the last decade, and I don't think buying a failed company will change that.

I haven't heard anything about a lawsuit. The only lawsuit I can remember is the one with Ric Flair, which was withdrawn by TNA.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think the best case scenario would be for JJ to buy it back tbh.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Apparently there's some stuff going back and forth about Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins being interested in buying TNA, but working with some financial backer to get money, which has gotten "confirmed, then denied" back and forth with a bunch of sources a number of times now. The other two main buyers interested in TNA are Jeff Jarrett, and Eric Bischoff, to which I say, please not Bischoff.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
It looks like we might get a title unification match between John Cena and Randy Orton so that there is one true world champion in the WWE.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It looks like we might get a title unification match between John Cena and Randy Orton so that there is one true world champion in the WWE.
I honestly thought the whole thing was dumb to begin with. I mean...you got so many talents they aren't using. Why not make the US title MEAN something by making it lower card title?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
So D-Bry joined the Wyatts. How will this impact the WWE?
I think it's part of the storyline to see Bryan become triumphant. My guess is that Daniel Bryan is going to disobey Wyatt's orders regularly and have a lot of chances to do his no chant.
I honestly thought the whole thing was dumb to begin with. I mean...you got so many talents they aren't using. Why not make the US title MEAN something by making it lower card title?
At the time it was created, it made total sense. They had a lot of talent that was spread across two brands as a result of the folding of WCW. As soon as the brand extension it made no sense. But yeah, having US title mean something would make more sense. I cant remember the last Ambrose even seriously defended it.

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
So, what are everyone's thoughts on Batista returning to WWE? Myself, I've never been a huge fan of his, but I liked his run as a heel right before he left. He also has put on some great matches with guys like Triple H, The Undertaker, and Edge, among others. And, with Batista and Brock Lesnar both on the roster, maybe one of my dream matches can finally happen.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So, what are everyone's thoughts on Batista returning to WWE? Myself, I've never been a huge fan of his, but I liked his run as a heel right before he left. He also has put on some great matches with guys like Triple H, The Undertaker, and Edge, among others. And, with Batista and Brock Lesnar both on the roster, maybe one of my dream matches can finally happen.
I'm personally not a fan of Lesnar, but I'm happy to see Batista returning. Isn't it for a short time?

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
I'm personally not a fan of Lesnar, but I'm happy to see Batista returning. Isn't it for a short time?
From what I've read, Batista is back for one final two year run, with a short break in between to promote the new Marvel Comics movie he's in, Gaurdians Of The Galaxy.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Batista coming back is horrid, and WWE creative is full of idiots. Daniel Bryan is the most over a crowd that I have seen in any wrestler be in years, and they're screwing him over.

I did love how Roman Reigns showed at Rumble how he can do all of Batista's moves but better.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I used to be a big wrestling fan in the later 80's and early 90's when I was REALLY young.

I have a stuffed animal of Hulk Hogan

My brother had a stuff animal of some guy that looked like he was in a metal band or something with spikes and make up

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I agree with all three points. I remember watching the Rumble with a stream and the whole room when ballistic when the countdown to the 30th entrant was Rey Mysterio. The fact that it wasn't Bryan AND Batista winning over Reigns was two shots of disappointment.

I can't wait for Shield V Wyatt in the Chamber. Should be a great match that hopefully splits the Shield.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I guess the same goes for me, but I'm not really watching WWE as much anymore. I'm waiting for it to get good again before I start watching it more.

If the shield splits, I hope Seth Rollins gets pushed in addition to Reigns. Rollins was phenomenal in ROH, and his match against Bryan is one of my favorites.

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
I wasn't disappointed in the Rumble's ending because of Bryan. It was said he wasn't advertised to appear in the Rumble itself so I didn't get my hopes up. I was disappointed in the Rumble's ending because Batista, of all people, wins the match. That was a crappy, expected and horrible ending.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I like the push that Cesaro seems to be getting. I still hope they let him introduce the UFO at EC.

Top Bottom