• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The worst case scenario

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
I already heard about a site that had some of the voice acting credits for Brawl and they accidentally had Krystal's voice actor on the list...

Kittah4

Smash Ace
If neither Krystal nor Ridley are playable I would be very disappointed.
I wouldn't go as far as foolishly threatening bodily harm to Sakurai, though.

That said, I kind of want to see Krystals staff style in Brawl more than another firebreathing dragon, as iconic as he is and as different as he'd be. If we had to really crunch down on polearms, maybe I'd make peace with Bowser Jr. if he could use his Brush.

Also, no hair-using characters would make me sad (Dixie, Midna). Less so, though.

TehCadenzilla

Smash Apprentice
If Bomberman,Wolf,WW link, or Isaac is in I'm good.
Even if they're not i still got Diddy n_n

Green_Swirl

Smash Cadet
Well my most wanted was Ness, but I'm prepared for him not to be in. Right now my most wanted are Takamaru and a Capcom rep, and if both don't get in I'd be pretty bummed out.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
I don't really care if clones aren't in (or pseudo clones i.e falco/y. link), I care a lot more about having one or two iconic series reps. I have a bit of an annoyance with the pokemon series because of how many reps they'll have, but I don't want to be a contradiction because I feel all the mario reps are justified. I would love to have an icon like megaman replace a tertiary rep (a new pokemon, or an un-needed old one, a clone or pseudo clone, or a new rep that's less iconic). Problem is he's 3rd party, and a large portion of the smash fan base believe in smash having the spotlight on nintendo chars rather than absorbed franchises.

I'm a lot more worried about iconic characters making it into the game than new favorites, so really, the game is a success to me already, mario, sonic, star fox, donkey kong, pokemon, and zelda make the game already packed with names I grew up with. I feel pretty privleged that I get to stage battle between all these great characters.

Pkm_trainer09

Smash Apprentice
I would like to se some more retros.
I love the old nes, and there are so many potential characters. But my top pick for a new retro:
1. Thomas(Kung Fu)
Most of the other characters look pretty cool, but i still weap for my man Little Mac! :(

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If Isaac isn't playable I'll be very disappointed. I'll enjoy the game less than I would have with him in, that's one thing for sure.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
My mains are already in (Bowser & Pikachu) so I'm only missing one, Ridley. I will be extremely upset if I can't play him, but it will be quelled by being able to play Brawl anyway.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I could stand Lucario not being in, and MAYBE stand K. Rool not being in, but if Olimars not in (and he will be!!) I have no idea what Ill do...maybe Ill cry for a few days after Jan. 24th when the roster is revealed..

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I had a big three - Diddy Kong, Captain Olimar and Ridley. I got one.

The fact is that I don't even own a Wii yet, and if it gets released without Olimar (I can make peace with no Ridley) I doubt I will buy one. I've got a friend who'll be pre-ordering it, I can always play it at his place. But Snake in, with Olimar out? How can I accept that?

MasterFeint

Smash Cadet
I can't understand the Olimar thing...

Anyway, Link is in, good enough for me. As far as newcomers, I'm looking for Krystal (With staff) and Ganondorf revamped.

I'm also hoping Marth is gone.

Coselm

Smash Ace
My worst case scenario is that they have already announced all the characters.

Yup... The 20 or so on the Dojo are all there is to be found.

I would be sad.

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Worst case scenario? I suppose the worst case scenario would be the game flat out being cancelled right before launch. Since there's no chance of that happening and this is more of a "what will disappoint you" topic, I'll have to go with Isaac.

He's probably the character I want in the most and if he doesn't make it (I really dont expect him too...) I'll be pretty upset. But then I'll play around with Sonic and it will all be better again. :D

MarioBrother2

Smash Cadet
I don't have any most wanted character, so it doesn't matter much. As long as my main Mario gets in, I'm fine with the game.

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
With the real roster coming our way in a couple of weeks, we have to prepare ourselves for some disappointment. While characters like Ridley, Krystal and Olimar might seem like shoe-ins to the fans, Sakurai's only a man, and his team can only do so much - meaning that your favorite character might not be included as a playable fighter.

This topic asks you this: What will you do if your most wanted character ends up non-playable?

My top pick, S(u)kapon, is somewhat obscure to the Western audience, and SP's translation thread mentioned Sakurai not wanting too many Japan-only characters. Though he has the potential to be a very unique fighter, I won't be disappointed if he doesn't get in - because that likely means that there's an even more unique character who took his place.

My top choice, Waluigi, ended up as an Assist Trophy. I was absolutely furious. Now I'm waiting for Brawl's sequel, hoping Waluigi gets upgraded to playable.
As for my other hopeful, Gallade, it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get in, seeing as he's relatively new and not a hugely known Pokemon like Pikachu. I'd still be kinda disappointed though.

Jez22

Smash Cadet
i would be so cut up if Captain Falcon isnt included. i have already mastered him in melee and brawl and he has so much potential to be modified and and his final smash could be so many different things.
he could fly around the screen in his ship killing any character he hits or a huge falcon punch across the screen are jus some things but there could be heaps more

Shuma

Smash Hero
Worst case scenario:

No second metroid PC. Either Ridley or DS, at least one of them has to be a PC. That or no Mewtwo.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I would be disappointed if the roster doesn't include non-clone veterans Captain Falcon, Mewtwo, Luigi, and Game & Watch (And to a lesser extent Jigglypuff and Marth.) I also want a unique Ganondorf and either Sheik or Midna.

As for newcomers, I really want to see Geno, Ridley, Olimar, and Isaac. Krystal and Rool can come too I guess. If all these guys made it, then we've pretty much met the demands of every smasher and all could rest easy.

Except for Geno, none of these things will be too devastating to not see playable for myself ... but disappointing nonetheless.

Knickknacks

Smash Journeyman
my previous worst case scenario was if Meowth would make it to be a PC or not. but since he was revealed to be an item pokemon, I was a bit dissapointed. but now, I fear if Cpt. Falcon or Marth gets cut :(

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
I'd be disappointed that the Pikmin franchise (Yeah, I'm an olimar fan) would be so poorly represented for sure, but it won't change my love for the game. I'd be straight back to mario

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
I find it kind of hypocritical that I was okay with Gardevoir being in a PokeBall instead of playable, but I was raging when I found out that Waluigi was unplayable. Ah well, I still have hopes for Gallade and Megaman :)

Igneous42

Smash Ace
My most wanted character overall would be Dante from Devil May Cry, but that's an obvious out. My most wanted realistic chars are the three you mentioned....Ridley Olimar and Krystal. Olimar i'm not worried about, he literally should have nothing against him, there is no reason for him not to be in. A main character from a new franchise that was well received, if he doesn't get in then wtf mate?

I'd say Ridley is my most wanted. I think he's safe but of the three he's the one I can see becoming a boss or something. While he is the most logical metroid choice there may only be one metroid rep. which would be unfair but metroid isn't that big in Japan. However it's pretty big in America so I think Ridley has decent chances. Plus Sakurai showed interest in him

Krystal I think has pretty good chances too.

Honestly though, with Ike and Snake I'm pretty happy so if some of my wanted ones don't make it I will be disappointed but still like the game a lot.

Actually what would really make me furious is if Metroid got 2 reps, but one was like one of the hunters. Honestly Ridley or at the least Dark Samus, if not one of those two they shouldn't waste a space.

Green Ice Climber

Smash Rookie
Olimar is my only request that I think should get a spot 100%. I just wanted some wierd character in, like the Ice Climbers were for Melee. Now that Pokemon Trainer is in as one more real different character, I'm happy.

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
I think no more Metroid rep would be my WCS. I love the franchise, and really want to see at least 2 other reps, not including Zamus.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
If Donkey Kong, my current main from Super Smash Bros Melee was not playable, I'd rather not buy this game.
Now, I'm thinking that K. Rool will be playable, but if he's not, I've got Donkey Kong. If Dixie Kong wasn't playable, I'd just say, "Well, that sucks" but then I'd move on quickly. Wouldn't be that big of a surprise.

Top Bottom