• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The worst case scenario

WarxePB

Smash Ace
With the real roster coming our way in a couple of weeks, we have to prepare ourselves for some disappointment. While characters like Ridley, Krystal and Olimar might seem like shoe-ins to the fans, Sakurai's only a man, and his team can only do so much - meaning that your favorite character might not be included as a playable fighter.

This topic asks you this: What will you do if your most wanted character ends up non-playable?

My top pick, S(u)kapon, is somewhat obscure to the Western audience, and SP's translation thread mentioned Sakurai not wanting too many Japan-only characters. Though he has the potential to be a very unique fighter, I won't be disappointed if he doesn't get in - because that likely means that there's an even more unique character who took his place.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Isaac: I guess I'll just live on without him as a PC. I've no doubt that if he doesn't get that spot, he'll be an assist/sticker/trophy.

I will be quite disappointed though.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Ya know. I don't mind. Everyone is really excited at least one already confirmed character, I can bet, even if their dream PC isn't. I want Ridley, Isaac, Olimar, Sukapon, Megaman, Lucario and Macaliah. I know I probably can't have 'em all but hey. At least I'll be happy 'cos I have Pit, Sonic and Ike already! n_n

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I don't mind Krystal not being in, nor would I mind any nonconfirmed character, it all depends on whos in and whos out...

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Ya know. I don't mind. Everyone is really excited at least one already confirmed character, I can bet, even if their dream PC isn't. I want Ridley, Isaac, Olimar, Sukapon, Megaman, Lucario and Macaliah. I know I probably can't have 'em all but hey. At least I'll be happy 'cos I have Pit, Sonic and Ike already! n_n
Good God! We're nearly alike, aside from Olimar, Megaman, and Sukapon. :)

Xtremee

Smash Apprentice
to be honest i all care of smash bros characters since the first one came out was one and only one thing

LINK so he is in...fine for me

but then i played StarFox 64 so my needs went bigger i added to my dream characters
Falco and Wolf (falco is like Sasuke from naruto lol and Wolf is juts a bada$$ villian)

then...in melee i played with ness and it's my main in the game they had to replace him with Jimmy Neutron A.K.A Lucas biggest dissapointment for me and that will be the only one

0_Zero_0

Smash Cadet
It would be nice if Megaman or kystal coud be in the game but Chances are that none if not 1is going to be in the game. At least let them be assist trophies, that would be enough.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
My favorite character (Sonic) is already in and My worst character (Waluigi) is already out.

What can I fear ?

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Check my sig...

I realize some of them have no (or very little) chance, if Ridley gets in it will soften the blow of the others

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
Well my dream character sonic is in....But if megaman or isaac is not in I will be mad...Actually I will be pretty pissed and will not regard brawl as amazing, which I would have if megaman or isaac were included. Then I will only refer to it as "pretty good."

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Well, the only reason I want Isaac so much is because EVERY OTHER character I could have possibly wanted is already in here.

PokemonTrainer(yes, I was one of those), Ike, Snake, Sonic, Wario, Diddy, and Dedede. Not to mention all the awesome veterans that are already here and those who will surely come back. And on top of all that, there's the other new characters we don't know yet, and I don't really have a problem with any addition to Brawl.

So, if he isn't in, I'll definitely get along fine. Not that it won't be a bit disappointing, of course, but it would have been worse if Sonic, Diddy, or Wario had not been in, we can all agree.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Dedede's already in, which is great. I fear for Ridley's chances, however. I hope to GOD Ridley is playable.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
I've been telling myself that since the very beginning XD

My top pick: Falco. Ever since Sakurai said in his journal "Not all Melee characters will return" I've been supporting Falco and hoping that he'd return. But I've always told myself, if thats not the case as long as Fox is playable I'll be happy :D

Kendra

Smash Rookie
If Isaac doesn't get in Sakurai should hide... hide where no-one can find him... because I'll be looking for him...

Boofer

Smash Ace
Wow, I'm like the fifth Isaac supporter in the thread. But yeah, if he's not in I'll be disappointed, but I'll get over it if there are some other great characters that are in. As long as we don't have a list of secret characters that are mostly vets...That would suck.

Revven

FrankerZ
I already have most of the characters in Brawl that I was hoping for (Sonic, Meta Knight, King DeDeDe, Pokémon Trainer, Wario) but there's still some missing. Such as: Knuckles (doubtful), Megaman, Lucario (likely with recent events), Ridley (only because he looks smashing), Bowser Jr., Wolf, Krystal, Marth, and Falco (I WANT HIM BACK PLEASE SAKURAI!)

But, I won't be too upset if some don't make it. If Wolf makes it and not Falco, I'll be using Wolf as my main no matter what.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
my top wanted character is Raichu, so that already puts his chances at about 1%. However, there's still a chance of him being an alternate costume, or at least an alternate color scheme, for Pikachu, so I'm still hoping for that. Even if he isn't in in any way, Pikachu w/ Goggles will probably be one of my mains

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Waluigi... Wait!

I was insane to believe that him and Tingle had any chance at all, but it would have been cool to own with the two lamest characters in the Nintendo universe. Now I'm hoping for Ridley, Bomberman, and Geno.

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
Sonic's already in... so yeah... there really isn't any other character I want in. I'm pretty much satisfied, although Knuckles and/or Megaman (any incarnation) would be nice. But, eh, Sonic's enough for me.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's always a little disappointing but really not something I think worth worrying about too much.

pirkid

Smash Lord
All I want is to get the game.

Surprise me with a sillouete of Ridley when I see his cutscene.

Surprise me with a sly, blue fox wielding a staff and jumping thorough the middle of the battlefield.

Surprise me with Olimar actually riding another Arwing...

gigasteve

Smash Ace
I would be angry without Ridley, and furious without Black Knight, but I can live.

Drack

Smash Apprentice
My worst case scenario would be the leaked Japanese brawl not running on American modded wiis due to some unremovable update on the disc.

As far as the game itself goes, lack of good stages and fun unlockable characters, a subspace emissary mode that feels too much like melee's tacked-on feel of the adventure mode, or characters that are as useless as melee's mewtwo would be the worst things that could happen imo. And even if all that does happen, from the gameplay vids there's an extremely solid solid versus mode anyway.

I'm not worried about the game sucking. It's not going to, period. I just want it now.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
If one character I want isn't in then I'll regret their lack of inclusion. But then I'd probably end up loving the other characters.

To me the worst case scenario ever would be if there were less characters then in Melee.

Soft3x

Smash Apprentice
I wan't Banjo-Kazooie and Lip to be in Brawl.
Lip has a chance, but I doubt Banjo-Kazooie has it. Thought they have been on a nintendo system.

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
If Dark Samus isn't in Brawl, I simply won't play it.

All the characters they've shown so far (except Pokemon Trainer) are utter garbage, so there's no need for me to play a game with characters I don't really enjoy.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I'm hoping for Geno and would orgasm all over my computer monitor when I find out he's in, but if he's not, I still got Pit.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
Well... I got Pokemon Trainer, King DeDeDe, and Snake. I wanna play all these newcomers quite bad. The only other characters I really want is a re-vamped Ganondorf and Bowser Jr. If neither of them makes it, oh well. At least, I know I got three characters that I would like in the game. I'm still going to enjoy the new game physics, graphic, etc so there really can't be a worst case scenario unless the game doesn't come out February 10th. My spring semester doesn't get serious with work that early into the semester.

Ellio 2 b

Smash Apprentice
If Sylux isn't in then I guess that I will just have to stick to Samus/ZSSamus. He would be my main if he was included though. :p

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
If Dark Samus isn't in Brawl, I simply won't play it.

All the characters they've shown so far (except Pokemon Trainer) are utter garbage, so there's no need for me to play a game with characters I don't really enjoy.
Garbage? we got Diddy, sonic, wario,metaknight, and pit I would not refer to them as garabage. The only characters I would not like is pichu returning.

I would be dissapointed if Ridley or k rool was not in but I will get over it fast expecially if the roster is 40+.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Well, if Skull Kid and Knuckles don't make it, I can settle with Link and Sonic. I'll survive.

Top Bottom