• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The worst case scenario

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sonic is confirmed, so I don't have to worry.

Would be dissappointed if we lost a lot of Melee Characters, Megaman didn't make it, and/or if the roster is small.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
I would lose a lot of respect for the makers if Ridley isn't included. I mean, ****... He's tied for most wanted character. If he's not in, then way to dissapoint a LOT of fans, Sakurai. D:<

Zek

Smash Ace
there is a 5% chance that no more characters are in the game
No, there isn't. Surely you realize at the very least that there will be more veterans... There are also two icons missing from the franchise icon list, one of which is almost certainly Game & Watch and the other has to be a newcomer.

I'm not really worried about the roster. I'm still really hoping to see Mega Man, but besides that there aren't any more characters that are a big deal to me so I'll take whatever other newcomers make it in. I'll be a little annoyed if Krystal is added but I'll deal with it.

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
I'd only really be dissapointed if Bowser Jr didn't make it. There are other very deserving choices for PCs that haven't been announced yet like Ridley, Captain Olimar, etc. (they'll probably make it in anyways), and while I hate to see wasted potential I think I could eventually get over their exclusion if only one or two weren't playable. On the other hand, I'd hate to see Junior anywhere but playable, only because on top of being arguably just as deserving as Krystal or one of those potential characters he's also one of my personal favorite Nintendo characters.

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
I've been pulling for either Geno or Megaman (ideally both). I want them more then any other character, but even if they aren't in, the game will be great.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have no idea who to put, but I'd like to have Tails as a PC 100%, but chances are slim.

Otherwise, I'm a Geno and Isaac supporter, but I do think that Ridley needs to be in the game as well. I haven't really played any Metroid games, but I certainly know who he is and I know a decent amount about the Metroid series.

lol it'd be funny if Metroid got Samus, Ridley, and all the Hunters from MPH. XD

But even if they don't get in the game................ I HAVE SONIC. ().()

And Pokemon Trainer! AND META KNIGHT! AND KIRBY!

AND YOSHI!

kimchii xD

Smash Cadet
I really wouldn't care. Though if Lucario or Mewtwo isn't in I would be a bit disappointed.

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
I just with those 3 or so years of development, they had time to add Ridley. Ever since I read that supposed 'leak', I began to worry.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
With the real roster coming our way in a couple of weeks, we have to prepare ourselves for some disappointment. While characters like Ridley, Krystal and Olimar might seem like shoe-ins to the fans, Sakurai's only a man, and his team can only do so much - meaning that your favorite character might not be included as a playable fighter.

This topic asks you this: What will you do if your most wanted character ends up non-playable?

My top pick, S(u)kapon, is somewhat obscure to the Western audience, and SP's translation thread mentioned Sakurai not wanting too many Japan-only characters. Though he has the potential to be a very unique fighter, I won't be disappointed if he doesn't get in - because that likely means that there's an even more unique character who took his place.
My character is in, samus.

But i want ridley, and olimar would be interesting... It wouldnt be the end of the world but i would be happy if they were in.

Revven

FrankerZ
I just with those 3 or so years of development, they had time to add Ridley. Ever since I read that supposed 'leak', I began to worry.
It's actually 2 years, hell, they started this in late December 2005. Right at the end of the month to be more exact. It's still a lot of time but, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Ridley didn't make it.

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't going to main him anyway (probably), so I won't be too disappointed if it turns out Mega Man isn't in. I feel that he deserves it, but in the end, it's Sakurai's choice, so whatever. I'm certain I'll still love this game, and play far more than I should. :)

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
i fear that isaac, lucario, megaman, and bomberman won't be in brawl. i only hope that they are playable characters, especially isaac. my other fear is clones returning in the game like falco, marth, and pichu. we don't need clones. its a waste of a character slot.

Tpoto

Smash Cadet
I won't be dissapointed. Consider the Following (Woo Bill Nye!): Smash Bros Brawl is the onkly game in which you can pit Sonic against Snake, or Charizard against Mario! How flippin cool is that! 10 Years ago, if someone said, oh yah soon enough mario will be fighting king dedede on a stage with furry animals cheering you on, oh and sometime mario will get a fire works shooter, you would have thought them crazy. No matter how this games turns out, it WILL be amazing!

Lmao^^^ yah dude...its a fox...A computer created fox... Are you saying if something has breasts, and is wearing skimpy clothing its hot? Dude! ITS A COMPUTER CREATED FOX!

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
if Captain Falcon wasn't in, The whole world might die.
at least I would if he wasn't included. (even though we know he is and Sakurai's just trying to build up dramatic suspense [which is working])

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
Wolf,Krystal, Issac, Geno. Would love to see all of them, but probably won't. :(

regardless I've been playing melee since it came out, its pretty close to being my religion. I will play and enjoy this game entirely regardless of whos in.

amost

Smash Apprentice
I won't be dissapointed. Consider the Following (Woo Bill Nye!): Smash Bros Brawl is the onkly game in which you can pit Sonic against Snake, or Charizard against Mario! How flippin cool is that! 10 Years ago, if someone said, oh yah soon enough mario will be fighting king dedede on a stage with furry animals cheering you on, oh and sometime mario will get a fire works shooter, you would have thought them crazy. No matter how this games turns out, it WILL be amazing!

Lmao^^^ yah dude...its a fox...A computer created fox... Are you saying if something has breasts, and is wearing skimpy clothing its hot? Dude! ITS A COMPUTER CREATED FOX!
actually 10 years ago, the original smash brothers was in development :p

Dais

Smash Cadet
Samus, Ridley, Falco & Knuckles. I'd have alot of maining to do. I'll main Samus as always no matter what. I'm pretty sure I've already willed Ridley into this game, I must admit I'd be mad for quite a while if he wasn't in. There would not be a good reason for him not to make it is what would bother me. Falco might be considered a Fox clone and Krystal could bump him out so that would at least explain him not being on Brawl. And Knuckles, he's become a joke lately. Like he is the most unlikely character to be thought of. His chances aren't THAT bad. Well, in a way . . . I kinda think Sakurai has saved some pretty awesome characters for last (unlockable). Just look at who we are sitting here requesting.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
I almost thought of yelling at someone for a double post, but I guess not...

Mewtwo is really the only one I care about. Despite the fact that he was really, really bad in Melee, I think Sakurai's team can buff him up.

Mewtwo for Brawl!

My main, Peach, is already in, so as far as mains go I'm fine.

Masky64

Smash Cadet
The only people I want in now is Olimar, Ashley, K. Rool, Megaman, and Ridley. And throw in Kracko as an assist.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Although I would rather NOT add to the particular side-discussion....

I heard that unlike popular belief, Krystal is actually a cat. O.o

I don't like cats..... :(

They've made all sorts of hedgehogs. Tails is getting lonely, lol. Knuckles got a whole freakin' tribe. >_>

I forgot to mention I was a big supporter or Little Mac. And Waluigi, too, believe it or not. He may be one... weird fellow and doesn't have a soul compared to everyone else.... but he's unique. .. yeah right, I know, he's a ripoff of a ripoff of a 2P copy.

Still, there's several big names I was certain to be PCs (like Lyn) but now no one is safe.

Monday's update: Ridley AT. o.o

ncstate21

Smash Cadet
Ridley or megaman will not be in brawl...quit getting your hopes up. So this isn't really a worst case scenario, its just how it is. All I ever hear on these forums is how "Bad" people want these characters in...its sad really, you guy are bumming out yourselves before the game is even released.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Isaac will most likely be an AT :'( ! He was always someone I wanted in Brawl! If Olimar doesn't get in (him or Isaac) I think that the roster will be a disappointment for me. Cel Link would make me more content about the roster slightly I guess, but Olimar and Isaac is what would make the roster perfect for me!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Ridley or megaman will not be in brawl...quit getting your hopes up. So this isn't really a worst case scenario, its just how it is. All I ever hear on these forums is how "Bad" people want these characters in...its sad really, you guy are bumming out yourselves before the game is even released.
Well, Megaman has lower odds (not none at all because videogame developers have been known to bs in the past). Ridley has pretty high odds personally. I could care less if he go in or not, but so far he has not been shown as an AT, Stage Hazard or trophy. His lair and his music are already confirmed (sure that could potentially mean absolutely nothing) but I'm leaning more on the side that he will be in Brawl.

ruel

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping for these characters, but I'm guessing I'll only get 1-4 of them:

Captain Olimar
Wind Waker Link
Paper Mario
Jeff (from Earthbound)
Crono
Simon Belmont
Kamek
King K. Rool
Animal Crosser

shinnok-fan64

Smash Apprentice
Ridley and Krystal are the main ones i want playable, so if they're not in i'll be dissappointed.

Mewtwo'd be great if they buffed him ^.

Boofer

Smash Ace
there is a 5% chance that no more characters are in the game
The Coro Coro disappointment really hit you hard, didn't it? I remember how negative you became after they proved to not reveal anything new. And I'd sy there's like a .1% chance that there are no new characters in.

supa*

Smash Cadet
Worst case scenerio? LOLOL at the notion.

Smash Bros. has just too much dedication towards it, not to mention one of the strongest development teams Nintendo has ever set up. Put all of the "special guest" additions that are being sent to Brawl, and there quite literally, is no way to go from here but up.

Seriosly, SORA is turning out to look like the new EAD Tokyo.

If one thing I wouldn't like to see happen, it would be somebody not play a fantastic game such as this just because of some stupid grudge against the playable roster not having their own obscure desires in it. Yes, I'm looking as some cult favorites here.

Though I admit, some of those cult followings might just have enough oomph to push the character in there (looks at Lucas).

Top Bottom