• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The winner is.....

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
We all know how u can spit ur opponent out under the stage and then bair or upair them for a stagespike.

AND THE VOTES ARE IN

Undercide Got 4 votes

Spit Gimping got One vote

StarShot StageSpike "S4" got two votes

StarSpike got 7 votes

THE WINNER IS STARSPIKE!!!!!

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
Starshot Combo could mean a whole lot of things, since there's already a Starshot KO of just spitting your opponent into the KO wall. I don't know what fits best. I've been calling it the Stage-Assisted Starshot KO, but it could be:

Stage-Assisted Starshot KO
Starshot Stage Spike
Stage-Assisted Starshot Spike
Stage-Assisted Bair Spike Combo
Starshot Spike KO

God...you're right, we really do have to find a name for it soon!

Also, while we're here...Wall of Pain, or Fence of Pain? This also must be agreed upon.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Fence of Kirby, I dunno i just like the abbreviation better than W.O.P. or F.O.P.
F.O.K.
"watch out kirbys gonna F.O.K. you!":laugh:

but in all seriousness wall of pain sounds cooler

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
lol that is kinda funny, WOP is more of a generic term b/c there are many characters that can WOP so we cant really change the name to anything else

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Star shotting seems too broad. I just call it spit gimping. Or if you really want to call it that, you can call it Star shot stage spike. S4 for short. For me though, I like the name for it to be spit gimping. Plus, it sounds funny.

Quotes:
"Kirby is so good he can spit the words GIMP at you!

"Kirby the spitter gimper pisses me off, I HATE Kirby's for that move!."

"WTF spit gimping is so cheap!"

"Kirby's spit is full of gimpteria"

"Thats a mouth full of gimp"

"Kirby is so good, spitting will get you killed"

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Vote Now

Alright then Lets get votes

If u like Undercide respond with the number 1 at the top of ur comment

If u like Spit Gimping respond with the number 2 at the top of ur comment

If u like StarShot KO respond with number 3 at the top of ur comment

If u like StarSpike respond with the number 4 at the top of ur comment

The votes will b added up at 10 o'clock on Tuesday June 3rd.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I was gonna say Starspike before you put that up. But if I had to choose from those three, I would go with Undercide. Sounds more...menacing...

And Wall of Pain is better. Fences have gaps in them. Walls don't.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Actually, I was gonna say Starspike before you put that up. But if I had to choose from those three, I would go with Undercide. Sounds more...menacing...

And Wall of Pain is better. Fences have gaps in them. Walls don't.
I added urs cuz thats def a good name to consider

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
But its inaccurate, because its not a suicide move, so it should NOT have the words "cide" in it at all. You dont want to make the word misleading and confusing for the newcomers.
Swallowcide also don't need necessary that Kirby dies, if the opponent get out and Kirby come back to stage, and the opponent not, will be swallowcide.

anyway, i vote 1 - Undercide

Gonzo, a pool wouldn't be more organized?

Caspid

Smash Rookie
But its inaccurate, because its not a suicide move, so it should NOT have the words "cide" in it at all. You dont want to make the word misleading and confusing for the newcomers.
There are other words that end in cide, y'know. It's a suffix that just means "killer".

I like Stage Spit Spike, or SSS. It's more descriptive than the rest.

Eten

Smash Ace
Starshot KO

Seriously, if I said Starshot KO while talking to somebody and they've experienced it themselves at least once, they'd instantly know what I was talking about. The move used is actually called the starshot(and kirby shoots a star) so in context it is very easy to understand, which is much more important.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
4 is the best IMO. Undercide is a bit misleading since Kirby doesn't die unless the "cide" is from homicide instead of suicide. In that case Undercide wins because it suggests the cute lil b@stard is a murderer.

IC3R

Smash Lord
How's about StarShot StageSpike. Or for short: S4.

It almost sounds like "C4" but it's just so much more epic.

"Oh yeah, I won the tourney cause I S4'd him on the last stock. Total win...:p"

Really, this is the only thing that actually makes sense to me (not bagging on Gonzo at all, cause he plays blue Kirby :p).

Undercide - WTF?

Spit Gimping - What's it gimping? Isn't gimping ruining the foe's recovery?

StarShot KO - This is when you StarShot them offscreen to KO

StarSpike - This to me implies that StarShooting them sends them down without any other intereference

StarShot StageSpike "S4" takes care of the elements in the glitch, and gives it a cool abbreviation!

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
B/c this particular style of stage spike is special only to Kirby hence y instead of saying i staged spiked him and people thinking u got baird this id different

Krii

Smash Journeyman
I called it the star spike, i mean it makes sense. I mean if Star spiked is understood to be this it's rather straight forward and is hard to be confused with any other. Star Spike roughly means Star(ed) then Spike('d).

SD14

Smash Cadet
4 star spike make the most sense if you are a kirby player and it will confuse everyone else

Top Bottom