• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U The Wii U Release Date

What year do you think the Wii U version will relase?

• Total voters

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I actually think it's a pretty smart move on nintendos part, not many people (including myself) would buy an inferior version just for portability if we could have the superior one first.

Also with that being said plenty of people at e3 (I remember game explain and maximizing dude in particular) saying that the line for the wii u version always had a much longer line compared to the 3ds version, so there's easily more interest in the wii u version it seems. (There's also other factors like the wii u version having gc controllers as well as being the version that will be used at tourneys)

So I honestly feel releasing the 3ds version first only helps the 3ds version sales and it might actually make someone want to pick up the wii u version if anything.
Yes, but there is something off bout your statement. Calling the 3DS version the inferior one. They will both be equal. The graphics on both versions are beautiful, gameplay is the same, and the same character roster. It all depends what the person prefers/wants really, so calling the 3DS inferior is a no. Though, I understand that playing on the big screen with GC Controllers are sweet. I'm buying both verisons like other people, so i won't miss out on Smash Run, Wii U's adventure mode, Etc xD.

Anywho, the Wii U version would/should be released before Christmas, it would bring in tons of sells for the wii u and the game.

Last edited:

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
Yes, but there is something off bout your statement. Calling the 3DS version the inferior one. They will both be equal. The graphics on both versions are beautiful, gameplay is the same, and the same character roster. It all depends what the person prefers/wants really, so calling the 3DS inferior is a no. Though, I understand that playing on the big screen with GC Controllers are sweet. I'm buying both verisons like other people, so i won't miss out on Smash Run, Wii U's adventure mode, Etc xD.
I'm getting both as well! Maybe calling it inferior was the wrong choice of words but I just think the wii u version has more going for it air-go I referred to it as the superior version. Don't get me wrong though the 3ds version definitely has its pros since i can't exactly bring the wii u version with me on bus rides. haha

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I'm getting both as well! Maybe calling it inferior was the wrong choice of words but I just think the wii u version has more going for it air-go I referred to it as the superior version. Don't get me wrong though the 3ds version definitely has its pros since i can't exactly bring the wii u version with me on bus rides. haha
Lol. Sorry for...you know...going a little bit off right there xD. I just hope that the Wii U one sellssss.

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
Lol. Sorry for...you know...going a little bit off right there xD. I just hope that the Wii U one sellssss.
No need to apologize. : p I can see how my 3ds comment could come off as rude, you were just defending it. and I'm sure it will! It's looking to be the wii us year with everything thats coming out (hyrule warriors yes please)..i'm sure smash will be another mk8 situation on top of that.
(also weird having two people apologizing on smashboards instead of arguing)

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Lol
No need to apologize. : p I can see how my 3ds comment could come off as rude, you were just defending it. and I'm sure it will! It's looking to be the wii us year with everything thats coming out (hyrule warriors yes please)..i'm sure smash will be another mk8 situation on top of that.
(also weird having two people apologizing on smashboards instead of arguing)
:p.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I think either December 2014 or it will be delayed (like the 3DS version) until January 2015.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I think either December 2014 or it will be delayed (like the 3DS version) until January 2015.
The 3ds vereion was never delayed. It still comes out this Summer in Japan, so it wasn't delayed.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Actually, I think it was delayed, at least partially. I remember that Sakurai was talking about the massive amount of content in the 3DS version and the debugging process going on prior to the date reveal. That leads me to believe it was intended to be released in summer for all regions, but they thought they would need more time for debugging and pushed them back.

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
Actually, I think it was delayed, at least partially. I remember that Sakurai was talking about the massive amount of content in the 3DS version and the debugging process going on prior to the date reveal. That leads me to believe it was intended to be released in summer for all regions, but they thought they would need more time for debugging and pushed them back.
I doubt it has anything to do with debugging our version considering the jp release is still on time. Why would they give them a less polished version of the game then we get?

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I am thinking the wii u would been done the same time as the 3ds but being held back to coincide with the figures

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I doubt it has anything to do with debugging our version considering the jp release is still on time. Why would they give them a less polished version of the game then we get?
But that's the thing. Japan never got an exact release either, it was also listed as summer. When they decided they needed more time, they pushed back the release for all regions, not just ours. Japan's new date just happened to still fall in the summer timeframe.

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
But that's the thing. Japan never got an exact release either, it was also listed as summer. When they decided they needed more time, they pushed back the release for all regions, not just ours. Japan's new date just happened to still fall in the summer timeframe.
Ah I see what you're getting at now, I could see that as the case. Now that i think about it isn't our release date only 3 days past summer anyway? I feel like everyone acts like it was a harsh delay. Lol

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
We'll get the games when we get em, I know thats hard to wait for. Believe me I want it NOW, but we gotta be patient this wait is VERY tame compared to Brawl

I heard from a friend that a Nintendo rep said the game will come out at least by Black Friday here in North America.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
There are four possible scenarios regarding the release of these games:
1. Wii U and 3DS versions come out at the same time. People will buy one version (the Wii U version).
2. The Wii U version comes out first, nobody buys the 3DS version.
3. The 3DS version comes out first, people buy it and continue to anticipate the superior game coming out in a few months. Both versions are bought.
4. Drop everything, cancel both versions, and make Candy Crush clones for Smartphones.

Seems like they picked the best option.
The 3ds has sold much better then the wii u in japan the 3ds version will be the better selling of the 2

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
We'll get the games when we get em, I know thats hard to wait for. Believe me I want it NOW, but we gotta be patient this wait is VERY tame compared to Brawl
Your Sig is Bo$$. Anywho, I can't wait for October 3rd. It's been a year of waiting, checking Potds.

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
i think smash for Wii u will come out November 21st 2014 i have reasoning that date will be a Friday and smash 3ds also comes out on a Friday it is the week before black Friday when everyone going to do Christmas shopping and it would be the perfect time so i am confident that smash Wii u will come out November 21st 2014

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Your Sig is Bo$$. Anywho, I can't wait for October 3rd. It's been a year of waiting, checking Potds.
Thanks, a friend made it for me. I usually make my own signatures and i'm teaching this friend, he did this and I decided to show my respect and liking to use Link in smash so ^^

Top Bottom