• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The whole entire roster leaked(?) if so, spoilers.

Shuma

Smash Hero
No, her Down B was translated to Twilight Transformation, to me, it means Sheik with a Tp makeover.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
As if the only thing Ridley had going for him was popularity. He is the most recognizeable character in the Metroid series after Samus, and basically the Ganondorf/Bowser of it. He is extremely important. Ridley does not depend on popularity at all. He's a shoe-in both ways, really. It seems that every series that isn't retro or 3rd party will get a villain in as representative, and I'm sure Ridley will be that representative for Metroid.
He *is* named after the guy that inspired the entire Metroid series, not to mention is responsible for Samus becoming a bounty hunter to begin with. The only reason why I thought he didn't make it into Melee considering that he was resized to what would be considered PC sizing, was because of difficulty with the animation. In fact, just look at the trophy a bit and you'll realize that it's clearly unfinished and thus supportive of the theory.

As for having no motive for his actions... have you actually looked a bit into the game? His entire species was eliminated. If that's not motive I don't know what is, and it certainly gives him more personality than Ganondorf who just wants to conquer cause his mom didn't hug him as a baby. Though I do admit that giving Ridley more personality in the games is something I would like to see. Then again, look at all the protagonists; none of them seem to have much of a personality if at all.

The only way I don't see Ridley getting in (nothing is 100% guaranteed) is if he's too much hard work to integrate, and with all the time and people working on this game that chance is close to nill.

There's a real difference between you thinking how something should be and how something will be. Though I do agree that on these boards many members are very black-white on opinions. It's just immaturity that they will grow out of eventually.
In fact, you must read the whole Metroid manga to understand Ridley's awesomeness; because in the manga, Ridley has a great personality, better than Samus'.

But, even if you haven't read the manga, Ridley is a freaking plasma-breathing pirate dragon. That's awesome, even if he hasn't a personality.

He's also the most important character after Samus herself. He created her.

But, I understand you. In the games, he's only another big enemy (the most awesome one IMO, but yeah, only a big enemy). But he's the MOST recurring enemy.

Ridley must be in Brawl. (Yeah, I'm a big Ridley supporter, but I'm trying to be unbiased). Metroid is now a huge series, and Ridley is the second most important, popular and recognizable character. He's also a villain, his series NEEDS representation... Maybe you don't like Ridley, but he's a must.
Now you two... I like. People who actually have arguments that make sense and seem to have a good knowledge of sociality. I've only really played Metroid Prime, and through that game I just assumed that Ridley had no real purpose other than to be an enemy, since his existence was never explained in that game. The reason I didn't play any other Metroid games was because I used this game as a reference as to what I might find in the other games of the series. I didn't like what I saw, except for the gameplay was fun. But the storyline of that game in particular was crap in my opinion. There wasn't much plot at all.

But apparently you've proven me otherwise. If what you say is true, then I guess there's no legit reason that says Ridley can't be in brawl. But then again, half the cast of melee don't have personalities so I guess personality in a character doesn't matter much here.

Oh and the very reason I don't like Ridley is because
Ridley is a freaking plasma-breathing pirate dragon.
How generic... he's still essentially just a fire-breathing dragon. A cool looking one to boot though... but still.

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
Olimars attack involved whipping the pikmin around, throwing them, and more. You also have a special which calls them back to you. Depending on the color and the attack you perform it varies. His recovery move involves his pikmin throwing him up in the air. The more you have, the more you can recover.
Not entirely true, but not entirely wrong either...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm disappointed at some people's reactions. And not because some characters are exluded.. but because others are included... And to think they bash those that would make the most different...

...sad... Alexandra, Alice and Mike are awesome ideas. What do they have in common?

OMFG!! They have no trophies in Melee!!11!!11!1

Brawl is a different game. It isn't Melee 2. There will be a LOT of changes, so you people better start opening your minds for some weird *** characters. I know I'm ready, but unlike most of these species, I'm curious to see who they'll be.

And for the record? SSB had no trophies at ALL. So trophies isn't a dead giveaway of who's gonna be in and who isn't. End of story.

Top Bottom