• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Weekly Character Discussion Got Me Interested.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Ok, Pit's ATs are very cool, however some can be put to better use. Now I read what Overswarm said, and he's right, they're gimmicky at best right now.

So now, Pit is good at gimping, as I've read wit his ledge dropped Bair.

In that post, his D-B and Glide attack can be effectively used, shall we get working on this? Once I get out of school (typing on a Sidekick =:]) I want to start practicing, anyone already pickup on this?

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Okay look i'll give it to you straight, no punchs pulled.
BR were sniffin coke when they made that, they generally took knewb adversaries and generalized the entire society of pit players by that. This thread is mainly insulting to be honest, which is why most of us ignored it. But its okay, you didn't know and i won't fault you, but look at the sticky at the top of weekly char and just see the convo.
Have a good day...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Okay look i'll give it to you straight, no punchs pulled.
BR were sniffin coke when they made that, they generally took knewb adversaries and generalized the entire society of pit players by that. This thread is mainly insulting to be honest, which is why most of us ignored it. But its okay, you didn't know and i won't fault you, but look at the sticky at the top of weekly char and just see the convo.
Have a good day...
In other words, every other character board said

"Oh, SBR, you have given us some insight. Let us build upon it."

The pit forums said

"Despite our low placements and joke of a character, we ignore you and say you are wrong and will continue to arrow loop and wingdash. Good day sir."

Khaos Blackdragon

Smash Cadet
In other words, every other character board said

"Oh, SBR, you have given us some insight. Let us build upon it."

The pit forums said

"Despite our low placements and joke of a character, we ignore you and say you are wrong and will continue to arrow loop and wingdash. Good day sir."
How did you not see that coming?

Goodness how many times is this going to happen? But, honestly, there really aren't that many excellent Pit players that actually know how to use the techs to make a statement that... damaging. He does have potential, just not many people show it well.

kupo15

Smash Hero
But, honestly, there really aren't that many excellent Pit players that actually know how to use the techs to make a statement that... damaging. He does have potential, just not many people show it well.
Which is why the SBR discussion went down hill the way it did. They based their opinions off of players who don't know how to use the techs well and/or chose to ignore the basics as well. Doc X is excluded from this statement because I believe he will represent Pit with the ATs the way he should be. OS's opinion may have been swayed by Doc's experimental phase of the ATs and I dont think he should have. Its an experimental phase which is there to make mistakes and get better. The mistakes in the experimental phase do not reflect the ATs potential.

And Rogue is an excellent Pit player and knows how to use the techs properly so he was allowed to say what he said.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Maybe this person's intentions on helping us more on the basic fighting styles without applying the AT's just yet... If this thread really helps the community, we could then be able to judge when to use the AT's...

Just a suggestion... Don't flame me.....

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ahem kupo, dont forget my way of some tech, like my rain and.... wait, u never did play me that late ago to see how well i use the rain.
But I gave u replays to show u how epic they are.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Oh wow, I looked yesterday and I thought I'd never get a reply. Good things though, im already testing his shield when I play wit my brother, and trying to exploit a lot of his moves.

and yes the SBR knows what they're saying, they dnt jump to conclusion like that.

anyone experimenting with his Glide attacks to edgeguard/gimp?

[EDIT] - Thank you Rogue Pit for giving it to me in a respectful way, I didn't mean it as an insult, but I should go beyond a general census.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Maybe this person's intentions on helping us more on the basic fighting styles without applying the AT's just yet... If this thread really helps the community, we could then be able to judge when to use the AT's...

Just a suggestion... Don't flame me.....
Demon i know your trying to help, but this annoys me when it comes up so many times. People should know that they can't use "ATs" before basics, if they do that its on them, I tried to teach admiral that while having matchs using no arrows, and only using WoI to recover. Thats a basic match and most pits over look that because they can beat the average metaknight on gamebattles. The entire NxC's achievement thread should have sparks basics, if noone wants to chase basics after that, than there's no hopes, the maturity of pit will stay at what ZZS said to pit in "Brawl Taunts 2"

Oh wow, I looked yesterday and I thought I'd never get a reply. Good things though, im already testing his shield when I play wit my brother, and trying to exploit a lot of his moves.

and yes the SBR knows what they're saying, they dnt jump to conclusion like that.

anyone experimenting with his Glide attacks to edgeguard/gimp?

[EDIT] - Thank you Rogue Pit for giving it to me in a respectful way, I didn't mean it as an insult, but I should go beyond a general census.
Anytime, btw WR Bair is probably your best option on most chars

Top Bottom