• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Walking Dead

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I hardly want action all the time. It just feels like its either an episode filled with action or not at all. There were still some gems nevertheless, I enjoyed the road trip episodes the most.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
You know what always sparks conversation? Tier lists.

Official Living Character Tier List ver. S3

Best Tier
Daryl

High Tier
Rick
Michonne
Glenn
Hershel

Mid Tier
Tyreese
Maggie
Carol

Low Tier
Sasha
Beth
The Guvnah

Babby Tier
Judith

Literally the Worst Ever Tier
Carl

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Hopefully it doesn't get weird once they get to the CDC in Washington for the cure.
Apparently the writers want to have Zombie diseased apes in a contained testing area at the Washington CDC.
It'd be cool to see more fierce zombies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
new season has been god like
I've been seeing this as well, on online articles and so forth.

I dropped out in latter Season 4, in the post-Prison meandering toward Terminus. I still haven't watched 4.12-4.16. Is the last leg of S4 a chore to get through? Would it be worth to push through it for S5's sake?

TWD has been an uneven show from the start, I find. First season was pretty solid, S2 meandered a lot, the first half of S3 was great, the latter half not so much. I appreciated the sickness-quarantine plot of 4.01-4.05, even if it wasn't always engrossing. The Governor's two-episode flashback arc was meh, and the character himself is incomprehensible and implausible, but damn if 4.08 didn't showcase one of TWD's major strengths (i.e. the despair of Everything Going To Hell).

I also hear they have plans up to 10-11 seasons, which is crazy to think about. Though the comics are pretty long-running as well. I suspect that might be overlong, as the show might fall into a Rinse-Repeat cycle of traveling, settling down somewhere, and ultimately having to leave, wandering some more until the next semi-safe haven comes about. That could get repetitive after 10 seasons -- especially if, by Word of God, the cure for the Walker Virus will never be found (so no chance of resolution on that front).

I'll probably catch up soon (probably after the S5 midseason finale/hiatus), if only to see if S5 is indeed a (temporary?) return to form. As much as TWD's quality may waver, I have been missing my dose of zombie carnage. :p

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
What most people don't realize is that season 2 was a huge bust because of the change in director and the cuts towards the budget. It started picking up again for seasons 3-4 and then picked up full force in season 5.

Personally I really liked the governor episodes.

The highlight for the series for me (prior to season 5) was the ending episodes of season 4. I would 100% recommend watching it.

Season 5 will blow your mind.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I dunno man, I personally was bored throughout the entire governor arc. And I liked the meandering towards terminus. Season 5 has been all around agreeable though.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
What most people don't realize is that season 2 was a huge bust because of the change in director and the cuts towards the budget. It started picking up again for seasons 3-4 and then picked up full force in season 5.

Personally I really liked the governor episodes.

The highlight for the series for me (prior to season 5) was the ending episodes of season 4. I would 100% recommend watching it.

Season 5 will blow your mind.
I was vaguely aware of the behind the scenes changes and so forth -- the show's on its third showrunner, AFAIK.

I remember the first leg of S2 being a huge slog, with the Where's Sophia subplot. I did think the last couple of episodes were better, if only because they ratcheted up the tension (with the assault on Hershel's Farm).

I liked 4.06 more than 4.07 (i.e. post-S3 sojourns Vs Woodbury Redux). The thing with the Governor is that his fixation on revenge never made sense to me. It always came off as implausible and hollow. He's a despotic psychopath, so the fixation makes sense, but it undermines whatever intelligence and sense he had, so he was less of an intimidating villain than he might otherwise have been. The fact that the Governor conflict was extended past S3 may also have caused his threat-factor to have diluted. But whatever. He's gone now (Rest In Philip).

I'm going to get back into it soon, I think. I already have many shows on my plate, but I could certainly make some room. Maybe later, I'll relay impressions in this thread. 8)

I dunno man, I personally was bored throughout the entire governor arc. And I liked the meandering towards terminus. Season 5 has been all around agreeable though.
Maybe my memory is hazy from how long its been. But the Road to Terminus stuff wasn't gripping stuff. I think maybe I'll have to rewatch 4B from the beginning, to see if it'll change in a second pass.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I know this thread hasn't gotten a reply in nearly a year now, but I got into this show about last month, along with the new spin-off Fear the Walking Dead.

And tonight's episode was just.....wow.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
I know this thread hasn't gotten a reply in nearly a year now, but I got into this show about last month, along with the new spin-off Fear the Walking Dead.

And tonight's episode was just.....wow.
The latest Walking Dead episode was too much for me. These images pretty much sum up how everyone feels

EDIT: So many theories online and they seem very plausible
Seems like Glenn may be alive after all. Still, that episode was so heart-wrenching.
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3618155?lt_source=external,manual

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Oh, wow, so this thread is here.

...And relatively inactive until recent.

I have to say, the TV series is awesome. Always keeps me on my toes, and the acting and characters are brilliant.

I didn't really start watching the show until the mid-season premiere of Season 4, after the prison raid. And recently, I watched old episodes to get caught up with what happened up to that point.

...You really build attachments to certain characters, and after a couple of weeks since "Thank You," I'm still pretty shocked about what happened to Glenn. I'm hopeful that he somehow makes it out, but you never know...

Last edited:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Latest episode was pretty darn good.
We finally found out about Glenn's fate and he indeed survived the horde of walkers and is still alive and kicking. Interesting to see Enid was around the area too. If only Glenn and Nicholas could've gone up to that window beforehand. Next week's episode seems like it'll be pretty crazy then TWD will be on break until February.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
The big question will stand; will Alexandria fall?

Top Bottom