• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The uprise of LI: Return to Long Island Smash(PRE-REG NOW CLOSED!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoonTail

Smash Lord

Date: Saturday Janurary 22nd, 2011

Contact info:
CoonTail: (516)946-0663
Email: BrianM.Schmeling@gmail.com
You can always just PM me on smashboards also.

Registration Time and Necessities:
The doors will open at 11:30 and registration ends at 1pm
Doubles will be followed by singles after registration ends

Venue: $2 (per event)
Doubles: $20 (10 per player on the team)
Singles: $10

PRE-TOURNY REG ON THIS ONE GUYS

Unless I have a PM or an email from anyone who is showing to this tourney there will not be a seat for you unless I have a form of pre-reg. My email and cell # are listed along with you all being able to PM me here on SWF so no exceptions

Since this is the first time at this venue there will be a 32 man cap!!
I don't want to overload this venue and I want people to be comfortable.
I want no complains of nerd stank/sweat and heat so let's try out 32 and if it is too small this is a Bi-Weekly so we can fix this rather easily.

All discounts on Venue fees will be determined during pre-reg I will need setups so please pre-reg and just tell me what you can bring!!! Ill have a list of confirmed players and confirmed set-ups so just let me know in whatever form you guys pre reg in.

RULES
- 3 Stock
- 8 min. time limit
- Ledge grab limit: 40
- No Items
- Double Elimination
- DDD's standing chaingrabs are banned.
- Mk's Infinite cape is BANNED
- DSR: You cannot counterpick the same stage you won on in a set unless the opponent agrees on it.
- First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. (Disputes settled by Rock-Paper-Scissors). The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
- If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
- If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD, the person who initiated the attack wins. IF the victory is shown that the person who was swallowed won, then the win goes to them bc they broke out of the swallow, whether the player's realized it or not.
- Marth's/DK infinite on Lucas and Ness is banned
- If there is a dispute over controller ports then the two will rock paper scissors (best of 3) to determine who will be in which port.
- Each set is Best of 3. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals are all Best of 5.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Stalling/Scrooging is banned. Call a TO over if there is a dispute.
- *WILL'S RULE* all wii's must have pause turned off before the match. If it is discovered later that pause was left on a TO will be in judgement of the situation.

PAYOUT:
Singles

1st -50%
2nd -25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

Doubles

1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%

Stages:

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat

Counter Picks:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

PRE-REG IS NOW CLOSED SO PLEASE JUST PM ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS

CONFIRMED PLAYERS: 32 out of 32 players(0 slots remaining)
CoonTail
Vinnie
Will
PD
Aizen
Haig
ANTi
Hippie
Minty
Viva!!!
Terrence
Zorai
Justin
Randy
Destin
vVv Rapture
Cheese
Penta
John12346
Alex G. <---(Doubles only)
Mike
Jund
Raptor
Nuke
Bluez
Sama
Prez
Johan
Dabuz
FreakingMethodIC
Fire
Problem

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Already have 5 confirmed players....please guys remember to pm me or email or even txt me. I won't be able to let you in unless you pre-reg!!!!!

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I am in full support of this event, will be attending this, and will take a full carpool of Long Island smashers that are interested. First come first served, hit me up if you want to attend!

CoonTail

Smash Lord
ok I got everyone else on the pre-reg and whats really good???? all the old odd sprouts at the tourney oh shiiiiiii

Anyway 22 places remain.....who they goin too?

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Not gonna pre-reg yet, but should be hitting this up. Gonna win some money.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Word good stuff rapture well see about the money tho I might crush that dream....btw when does the new DI come out!!!!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Word good stuff rapture well see about the money tho I might crush that dream....btw when does the new DI come out!!!!
Haha word. I main Snake now, so I automatically place in the money because I'm using a top tier character.

And the new DI is coming out in a couple of hours, actually. I'm finishing up editing as I type this.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Word well I love DI and I love the snake matchup so this will be a day to remember!!!
Haha good to know! And you may think that, but I was a PT main, too. I know what's up.

Someone needs to do doubles with me, too. Get at me and I'll give you a DI t-shirt I don't have. xD

CoonTail

Smash Lord
just remmeber to pre-reg penta but I'll keep you posted!

Its gonna be awesome to see you again homie......it's been way to long

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
CoonTail, I really think you should put up an AiB tourney page. This needs more hype.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
All the pre-reg'd players are on the little fold out about the tourny but yes rapture you are pre-reg'd

For all players that havent seen....if you click on the more info button about the tourny you can see the whole pre-reg list.

14 slots remain who else wants in.....where you at NL!!!?!?!?!?

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Well I don't have anyone in my car yet and I'm still trying to organize that but yea deff shouldn't be a prob....is he good for pre-reg if i can drive him?

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Lol we shall see rapture......we shall see

AND TO ALL WHO ARE TOO LAZY TO CLICK THE MORE INFO BUTTON!!

THERE ARE 5 SLOTS LEFT HURRY BEFORE THEY RUN OUT

heres the list of all the pre-reg's already so if your not on here or havent pre-reg'd lemme know

CONFIRMED PLAYERS: 27 out of 32 players(5 slots remaining)
CoonTail
Vinnie
Will
PD
Aizen
Puma
ANTi
Hippie
Minty
Viva!!!
Terrence
Zorai