• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Upcoming Game Release Timeline - Now with confirmed DLC!

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Gematsu leak debunked. We have now the reveal of Captain Falcon from F-Zero, Lucina, and Robin from Fire Emblem Awakening. Chrom is part of a Final Smash.

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Gematsu leak debunked. We have now the reveal of Captain Falcon from F-Zero, Lucina, and Robin from Fire Emblem Awakening. Chrom is part of Robin's Final Smash.
I saw that! I ****ing predicted Sakurai that there would be a random trailer for Fire Emblem character(s)! I used "Chrom" instead because Sal leak has said it and I didn't predict that there would be multiple new-comers and a veteran. At first I was going to say it's Chrom (a Fire Emblem character) but I kept seeing "Shulk" everywhere and even Sal said it, I convinced myself I was going to be wrong but look how it turned out... (see snapshot and time stamp in prev page for proof)

Me = prophet? :troll:

I'll update the OP right away.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I saw that! I ****ing predicted Sakurai that there would be a random trailer for Fire Emblem character(s)! I used "Chrom" instead because Sal leak has said it and I didn't predict that there would be multiple new-comers and a veteran. At first I was going to say it's Chrom (a Fire Emblem character) but I kept seeing "Shulk" everywhere and even Sal said it, I convinced myself I was going to be wrong but look how it turned out... (see snapshot and time stamp in prev page for proof)

Me = prophet? :troll:

I'll update the OP right away.

I know, right? Also, nice franchise guess, I was about to say.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I heard Falcon was revealed on teh anniversary of Japan's F-Zero X release if that helps.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hmmmm i noticed the oppertunity head was taken off the direct

Care to explain please?

(I mean if sakurai tweets the direct there you go. And also tons of anniversarys in august that = a villian trailer.)

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I heard Falcon was revealed on teh anniversary of Japan's F-Zero X release if that helps.
That makes sense. I was going to use game anniversary that debut a character such as F-Zero X for Black Shadow but never thought it could work on Captain Falcon. Now we probably know why we got a surprise trailer on July 14. (I'll explain more in the OP)

I'll update the OP once we know Mewtwo will be revealed on Friday or not. Never mind, it's updated now!

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I got overhype by learning 2 dates one of them is a round anniversary and is VERY soon. The other is direct speculation and less relevant since the number isn't round.

Paper Mario -> release date JP -> August 11 2000
Source: http://www.mariowiki.com/Paper_Mario

It's on a Monday and would be the 14th years. Why I think it deserves mention is because...

POTD day, weeks of probable direct or the next week and is referencing the birth of the series itself since it's the first game.

But the next one sounds scary (not for newcomer but I'll tell after).

Paper Mario: The Thousand-year Door -> release date JP -> July 22 2004
Source: http://www.mariowiki.com/Paper_Mario:_The_Thousand-Year_Door

It's next Tuesday as of this post and it would be the 10th year. You also have to remember that this is by far the most appreciated game of the series followed by the first one so it's relevant. The number is perfectly round and it happens on POTD day which means that it can't be newcomer but remember that a popular stage idea exists that is from TTYD so it could have reveal potential.

Quote this for your answer if you want those dates in the list.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
It doesn't really count. But do you think the reason why Kirby Fighters Z isn't announced in America yet is because they are saving it until the August Direct?

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
So, I got overhype by learning 2 dates one of them is a round anniversary and is VERY soon. The other is direct speculation and less relevant since the number isn't round.

Paper Mario -> release date JP -> August 11 2000
Source: http://www.mariowiki.com/Paper_Mario

It's on a Monday and would be the 14th years. Why I think it deserves mention is because...

POTD day, weeks of probable direct or the next week and is referencing the birth of the series itself since it's the first game.

But the next one sounds scary (not for newcomer but I'll tell after).

Paper Mario: The Thousand-year Door -> release date JP -> July 22 2004
Source: http://www.mariowiki.com/Paper_Mario:_The_Thousand-Year_Door

It's next Tuesday as of this post and it would be the 10th year. You also have to remember that this is by far the most appreciated game of the series followed by the first one so it's relevant. The number is perfectly round and it happens on POTD day which means that it can't be newcomer but remember that a popular stage idea exists that is from TTYD so it could have reveal potential.

Quote this for your answer if you want those dates in the list.
I've just added the first one you suggested to the OP several minutes ago. I'm still not sure about the 2nd one because Paper Mario wasn't debuted in that game, though, unless it was for someone else that debuted there instead. I'll add it anyway as it is closer to August ND where new-comers should have trailers.

EDIT: Oh, I swapped anniversary dates on other Paper Mario games -_- I'm not convinced about the 2nd one.

EDIT2: Hmm, it's just one month away. I could always put 'farfetched support' symbol next to it when someone is revealed in Aug ND.

It doesn't really count. But do you think the reason why Kirby Fighters Z isn't announced in America yet is because they are saving it until the August Direct?
No idea but we can only wait and see :)

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I've just added the first one you suggested to the OP several minutes ago. I'm still not sure about the 2nd one because Paper Mario wasn't debuted in that game, though, unless it was for someone else that debuted there instead. I'll add it anyway as it is closer to August ND where new-comers should have trailers.

EDIT: Oh, I swapped anniversary dates on other Paper Mario games -_- I'm not convinced about the 2nd one.

EDIT2: Hmm, it's just one month away. I could always put 'farfetched support' symbol next to it when someone is revealed in Aug ND.

No idea but we can only wait and see :)
I'm not convinced on the second one either for newcomers only since it's POTD only and it doesn;t make sense to reveal someone without tease or hype. I bring the stage idea because that's why I got overhype (still trying to calm down). The stage is only possible to come from TTYD because of advanced mechanics like audience not present in the first game. And I see talks about it everywhere and it's the only idea I really care as far as I'm concerned with stages.

But for newcomers only, I agree.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
You may want to add August 12th as the date of the next CoroCoro magazine, they're claiming they have the full roster in that issue.

They may mean everything unveiled at that point but CoroCoro is known for big Pokémon news so they're reputable. The only thing is that they always leak a few days early so 8th-12th of August would be a fair estimate.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
You may want to add August 12th as the date of the next CoroCoro magazine, they're claiming they have the full roster in that issue.

They may mean everything unveiled at that point but CoroCoro is known for big Pokémon news so they're reputable. The only thing is that they always leak a few days early so 8th-12th of August would be a fair estimate.
I was considering CoroCoro in but apparently it's not going to leak anything. http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/1...-the-smash-bros-characters-and-stages-so-far/

Maybe it's a hint for August ND?

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I've added San Diego Comin-Con to the timeline! It appears that Smash Bros on Facebook said something regarding Comic-Con: "a few special surprises." I'm sure there will be more character(s) reveal there.

Also check in new-comer section for possible new-comers with a trailer at SDCC.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
There are a lot of anniversaries missed :(

This doesn't bode well for Lucas, as he was not featured in tonight's PotD for Mother's 25th anniversary which was on weekend. It was his last good opportunity before he will have to reveal out of the blue unless he could reveal along with Ness for his Mother 2's 20th anniversary, but if that isn't it, he will have to wait until when Smash Bros for 3DS is out in Japan. Maybe he will never make it!

Also I've deleted the lines ending with TAKAMARU in new-comer spoiler. He was disconfirmed recently, unfortunately.

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I don't think Sakurai would say anything if all they were going to do is reveal a veteran. You know... like Ganondorf, for example. He seems like a good candidate.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I don't think Sakurai would say anything if all they were going to do is reveal a veteran. You know... like Ganondorf, for example. He seems like a good candidate.

I know. I was referring to newcomers. Yet again, I think I should have been abit more clear on this whole thing. But still, yes I agree. He doesn't really say anything about a veteran.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
warios creator, Gumpei Yokoi, was born on september 10th. would be really fitting for sakurai to reveal Wario on his birthday.

warioware mega party games has a 10th anniversary on september 4th, too

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
August 20 - 1 year anniversary of the pyrosphere reveal, and the beginning of the Ridley tease

don't know how much that means, but... Ya never know.

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
warios creator, Gumpei Yokoi, was born on september 10th. would be really fitting for sakurai to reveal Wario on his birthday.

warioware mega party games has a 10th anniversary on september 4th, too
I've added the date for Yokoi's birthday, thanks.

I didn't add WarioWare Mega Party Game because it's an anniversary for 3rd region and it's pretty farfetched. It could be happening because ZSS was revealed along with Metroid: Zero Mission which wasn't using its earliest anniversary date either but the only differences is that it is what debuted ZSS, making Wario reveal for WarioWare Mega Party Games seem way too implausible especially it's not using its earliest anniversary date.

I'll be sure to add it if Wario indeed revealed for it.

August 20 - 1 year anniversary of the pyrosphere reveal, and the beginning of the Ridley tease

don't know how much that means, but... Ya never know.
I'll be sure to add it if there's any Metroid character revealed on that date.

Last edited:

Sensei

Smash Lord
That's cool you guys are keeping track of this. I don't want to spend too much time waiting. I'd prefer to be pleasantly surprised once it comes out!

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Really awesome thread. Thanks for all this well kept information!

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Do anyone think... Meta Knight was revealed out of the blue just like Fire Emblem characters? They were best friend in Brawl (SubSpace Emissary) so it isn't out of possibility?

Or can anyone please help me finding out why he was revealed just recently? Thanks XD I want to go to sleep.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I heard people on the Bandana Dee board saying something about a Kirby anniversary.

Then again it coudl just be a one month to release thing.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Do anyone think... Meta Knight was revealed out of the blue just like Fire Emblem characters? They were best friend in Brawl (SubSpace Emissary) so it isn't out of possibility?

Or can anyone please help me finding out why he was revealed just recently? Thanks XD I want to go to sleep.
You know about this

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlhcJMgZQ

Then in meta knights quote sakurai said "we had a imposter on the past posts"

Could be because of that.

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
You know about this

Regardless, it still stands that we don't know whether it was purposely timed today for any reason. Sakurai still picked Monday to post the miis with fighter masks, and he still picked today instead of yesterday or any other day this week for Meta Knight. He also picked this week specifically, and we're looking for an explanation.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
You know about this

Regardless, it still stands that we don't know whether it was purposely timed today for any reason. Sakurai still picked Monday to post the miis with fighter masks, and he still picked today instead of yesterday or any other day this week for Meta Knight. He also picked this week specifically, and we're looking for an explanation.
Someone wrote really good reason as to why Meta Knight was revealed on that day.
http://challengerapproaching.tumblr.com/post/94675398214/so-heres-an-interesting-little-tidbit-meta

It makes A LOT of sense

I've added the Miiverse post with pic of Mii cosplaying as someone to the timeline not only because it's solely the reason for Meta Knight's reveal but I think it's relevant. (thanks @ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 )

Quick question, which correct term to use: "Legend" or "Key" that list and explain the color texts?

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Alright, guys, we've seen the full & final roster for 3DS. I plan to leave SmashBoards and I'm not going to update the OP for DLC thing. If it's going to happen someday (as long as it will include more fighters) then somebody can request to take over the OP then edit it.

I'm kinda sad to see Wolf go but I'm really glad that Lucario is in as part of Smash Bros anniversary!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll volunteer. I just finished my last report of the semester and have nothing else to do.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You can request to take over the OP even right now.

If you'd like, you can format and edit anything in the OP.

Thanks~
Cool... how do I do that? Do I message a mod?

Top Bottom