• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unoffical (I like/ Don't Like) Roster Thread

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
Have a problem with the roster come here. Want to defend the roster come here. This is for an open civilized discussion about the pros and cons of the roster. If your here to complain then don't waste everyone else's time. Many of us like/don't like the roster, but we are not taking our rage/happiness out on others who don't care and flooding the board with a bunch of stupid posts that could be consolidated into one thread.

I may edit this post to include key points supporting and dissupporting(is this a word?) Sakurai's decision with the roster.

NO FLAMING

Mods: if you feel this thread is not needed or if it becomes a flame fest please lock. Thankyou

Erave

Smash Cadet
The roster is fine. All the really cool, unique characters were already revealed before all the leaks so when the remaining characters were discovered they weren't as cool as say Snake, Sonic, or Olimar. I do think it's lame Fox, Falco, and Wolf all have the same FS, but whatcha gonna do?

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
I wonder why we would get" masterpieces"( i'm not impressed with minute long VC advertisements, when animal crossing gave us some these games for free!! before we have each characters with a unique final smash. Now I don't really use items, so i won't be using final smashes, however its ridiculous to see Sakurai do this.

I hated the roster at first, but I've gotten over... as long as characters are way more balanced than melee. I'm very curious of what the tier will look like.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
The roster's fine. Not great, but not bad either.

What I wanted (secretly): Blaziken would've been a good fighting type pokemon to take Mewtwo's place, or have his own, but Lucario seems to fit to the bill, too. :)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I don't "like" the roster, but I dont "dislike" the roster.

Am I barred from this thread?

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
I'm very impressed with Lucario. I still why Mewtwo was cut, being an original character. If they got rid of either down B or side B, made shadow ball faster, and overall make him faster and heavier he could've been usable. I'm gonna miss Mewtwo when there are semi clones on the list and he is cut. Blaziken really lost popularity after the 4th gen games came out.

Psbl_lkr

Smash Cadet
Overall, the roster is fine. I never really minded clones that much and now they made them more different ones in Melee. More characters for series is nice add. With final smashes they didn't push enough and Toon Link's same special moves dissapointed.

I was never fan of Starfox or Pokemon so "final secrets", Wolf and Lucario, were dissapointment for me. But they have their own fans. Robot was indeed a strange addition, but I like it's original.

For me addition of Olimar, Pokemon Trainer and Wario were really good ones and Sonic and Snake gave Brawl a totally fresh feel. And it opened doors for even more possibilities.

They maybe didn't want risk changing everything, but Toon Link plays now like old school Link but Link himself got special moves changed moves. And all small changes they did for characters made then more unique, better than nothing.

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
I don't "like" the roster, but I dont "dislike" the roster.

Am I barred from this thread?
No. I'm in the same boat as you. At first I hated the roster. But now I've accepted it, however I haven't embraced it.

Usually the people who take one side though are the ones who are flooding this board with pointless rants.

Eszett

Smash Cadet
I liked this roster ever since the first video of newcomers arrived, primarily because of the inclusion of Wario and, to a lesser extent, Pit. The non-hidden characters have plenty to offer for me - my favorite characters at that time, Lucas and Diddy Kong, were among their ranks. And the hidden characters offer even more to suit me with the Captain Falcon-Ganondorf pair, along with Wolf - so shoot me, I love the Landmaster, and I find his the coolest. And, if those characters ever bore me, I have my old staples in Peach and the Ice Climbers.

What I find ridiculous is how people were expecting a vote for Wind Waker Link to carry a hidden message to Sakurai to give him a unique moveset. I suppose then that we can christen this...

Sakurai's Law: If a character can anatomically support the moveset of an pre-existing character, Sakurai will make it a clone.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Roster is great, I just feel like we could have had another Sonic character because their movesets would be very unique, held onto Dr. Mario and keep him just like Mario from Melee since Mario has changed, keep Mewtwo, added Megaman would be great... Megaman and Capcom supported Nintendo a great deal in their early days.

BTW I think ROB is an awesome addition, I can't understand why people flame that character.

Sugata Designs

Smash Cadet
Roster is great, I just feel like we could have had another Sonic character because their movesets would be very unique
*cough* TAILS *cough*

Ow, that was a big one.

Really though, I'm pretty happy with the roster. It's not equally representing series and could have been bigger, but balance is far more important than # of characters and I'm hoping they focused on that more than anything.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
This is the dumbest idea for a thread ever. may as well ask people to just RAGE until sunset or something.

Mega Inkydog

Smash Journeyman
I think the roster is great for this game, It's not perfect but counting everyone who made it I think it's really good. Cannot wait to play with Sonic and Toon Link.

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
My only real "problem" with the roster is that Saki Amamiya is only an AT rather than playable. Other than that, I think it's good. Not great, but not even getting the bronze at the Poo-Poo Olympics.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Thank you. All the idiots that go around to twelve different threads to complain about the roster now have a place where they can be stupid with each other.

The roster is fine.

Subach

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I think that everything looked rock solid before the leak.

You have to admit that Ganondorf still being a clone of Falcon is somewhat pathetic.

Also, LANDMASTER!

I would of traded WW Link, Falco, Wolf, possibly Lucas and Rob for three or four original characters

Necrochild313

Smash Apprentice
I like the Final Roster. I could complain that all of the FE characters are still nothing but the swordsmen, but I'm not going to make little fanboyish whine-posts just because the video game character I wanted didn't get in instead of somebody else.

Subach

Smash Apprentice
Thank you. All the idiots that go around to twelve different threads to complain about the roster now have a place where they can be stupid with each other.

The roster is fine.

Sorry that if I criticize what I don't like about the game, obviously, it's not like Sakurai isn't giving this game to me for free, and it isn't like he isn't a fallible human being like the rest of us and make bad screw-ups.
OH WAIT-

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
I don't hate ROB, any original character is fine. But to put him in before characters like Isaac, Ridly, Animal Crosser, Andy, and Roy 01 is stupid. Plus he lost his wtf factor as he was a character in MKDS

Top Bottom