• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Uniqueness Tier List: Captain Falcon, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, and Meta-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I give the Mii a F tier. Mostly because I'm biased against them from being in the game. So I do apologize... not really

Andy could be really cool because he commands tanks and other military vehicles. I'm not really sure how they would fit that kind of stuff in though, but if they could he could get a A tier for being the only character to fight inside a vehicle.

edit: maybe he could summon and command tanks and repair them? That would be cool.

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 I think in your explanation you should of mentioned some of Mii's other abilities especially like from games like Wii Music, Wii Party, Streetpass games, and even Wii Sports Resort.

Like they can use different magical abilities based on their color like in the game Find Mii. They can wield a number of different sci fi projectile attacks from games like Mii force and Monster Manor. Miis have access to a number of musical instruments from Wii Music that could be used for attacks. Not only do they have equipment from Wii Sports they also have swordplay, frisbee, basketball, and others from Wii Sports Resort. And with games like Wii Party and Wii Party U they have a crazy amount off different possibilities that they can use for Miis.

Anyway I just wanted to make sure you mention other games so people wont be biased about Miis only having a sports only move-set.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
They could, but they are best well known for Wii Sports, so they would use that for their main moveset. Though there's also Resort to that's a good point. As for the Streetpass, they could, Wii Music, maybe, Wii Party what can you take from that, party surprises?
There's lots of potential for the Mii, I really think customization is much needed. O.o

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Andy: S
Andy is commanding officer from Advance Wars and he holds a lot of potential. Andy could summon various units such as Tanks, Anti-Air units (which attack airborne opponents), bomber planes, etc. Andy could repair his units or super repair them (increasing that unit's strength). Summoning could also be related to some sort of currency system, where spending more funds gets better summons (this would be similar to Advance Wars). Andy could also "Capture" an area. Which makes it his, possibly healing him and his units and damaging opponents. For Andy's other attacks he could use wrenches that he repairs with or war related things like explosives. Overall, a lot of potential.

Mii: C+
Had Miis made it in Brawl, they would have done better. Two Newcomers have harmed them greatly: Wii Fit Trainer and Villager. Wii Fit has taken away the uniqueness of sports projectiles with her soccer ball. And other projectile like a tennis ball will seem cloned. Villager has taken two other sports: boxing and bowling. Miis using those sports will seem cloned as well. Sword moves (either wandering heroes style of Wii sports resort style) just seem stale overall. The possibility of shirt-color based magic and dynamic size/weight/stat changes give Miis a +.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
They could, but they are best well known for Wii Sports, so they would use that for their main moveset. Though there's also Resort to that's a good point. As for the Streetpass, they could, Wii Music, maybe, Wii Party what can you take from that, party surprises.
There's lots of customization for the Mii. O.o
I would rather prefer to have a lot of games represented but I understand your point.

My ideal move-set (special move wise) would looks something like this:
B Find Mii Magic: Depending on the color of the Mii they will do a magic spell like in Find Mii
B^ The Pointer: like in the original Mii channel they get picked up by the cursor and get lifted upwards
B> Wii Sports: The Mii will use a sport ranging from Tennis, Boxing, Bowling, Golf, and Baseball; it will go in a specific order similar to Peach's forward smash
Bv Street Pass: A smaller Mii will appear and charge forward (sometimes it will hold an random item that can be used)

Anyway if the Mii only had a move-set biased on Wii spots I would give it a C+
BUT BUT BUT if they incorporated the other games like the other Wii games, StreetPass games, etc. I would give them an A

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
That's a pretty cool moveset. That Streetpass mechanic could be used for Olimar-like playstyle Mii.
I wanted it to be more like DeDeDe's side special, like a one use summon. Plus I had it so they occasionally hold an item because they hold apps/games in streetpass plaza so it would be nod to that.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Miniis? It would definitely bring some hilarity for sure. xD
There could luck involved to since the colored shirts indicate what their powers are. There's so much I love about the Mii now. <3 Wait what if they actually had a unique power depending on the Mii's color, that would be cool!

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Miniis? It would definitely bring some hilarity for sure. xD
There could luck involved to since the colored shirts indicate what their powers are. There's so much I love about the Mii now. <3 Wait what if they actually had a unique power depending on the Mii's color, that would be cool!
Well that's why I incorporated Find Mii Magic in my move set ^^. In Find Mii you have magic based on the color of a Mii's shirt so I deside to incorprate that into the Mii's normal special. It can range to fire, water, ice poison, light, etc.

you can read all the different magics here:
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Find_Mii_(3DS)

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I am going to pop in here and give the Mii a solid F. It is a product of dirt-poor standards for uniqueness that prop-spamming is considered worthy of high marks when both Game & Watch and Villager fill that niche already, as well as arguably Peach with her F-Smash, and the Mii does absolutely nothing fundamentally different from any of them. Unless the Mii randomly grows and shrinks during battle, its potential to devour development time with by having different heights and weights does nothing to make it interesting as a character, only as a concept; there's a difference. So yeah, hopefully this will balance out some of the A grades the character will get for pitiful reasons.

I am unfamiliar with the Advance Wars series, but I will give Andy a B. He seemed to be considered the original puppetmaster character before Rosalina came into the picture, directing around various tanks and soldiers and whatnot from afar. Granted, now that she's here, his stock has gone down somewhat, but whereas the Luma seems to use attacks that are very, very similar to Rosalina's own attacks, you can't exactly expect tanks and soldiers to copy Andy exactly, so I think there's a little bit of diversity there.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Well that's why I incorporated Find Mii Magic in my move set ^^. In Find Mii you have magic based on the color of a Mii's shirt so I deside to incorprate that into the Mii's normal special. It can range to fire, water, ice poison, light, etc.

you can read all the different magics here:
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Find_Mii_(3DS)
I'm actually very familar with the Find Mii magic powers, they are pretty generic though. :p

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually very familar with the Find Mii magic powers, they are pretty generic though. :p
Yea, but at the same time it would be a nice touch on the character. Also having green to put people to sleep would be pretty fun :3

Edit: thinking about it brown would have a similar attack to the down b special

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
There can only be a limit to how much the Mii can have, and personally I would like to see the magic used for normal attacks to expand their move set.
Yea that could work too. I don't really work on fictional move-sets much because the outcome of a character can end up radically different in game. The move-set I gave was nothing more than wishful thinking. ^^;

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Yeah that's why it's more likely that the Miis will have the sports equipment they are most known for, as for Streetpass, it's actually pretty unlikely, but given the Find Mii stage, we may get one move inspired from the games. With also punching and standard kicking moves.

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's why it's more likely that the Miis will have the sports equipment they are most known for, as for Streetpass, it's actually pretty unlikely, but given the Find Mii stage, we may get one move inspired from the games. With also punching and standard kicking moves.
Well streetpass is pretty big at this point, anyone who has a 3DS knows about it and at least played streetpass games once. Like how anyone who owns a Wii knows about Wii sports. Both are features that came packed in the console digitally or physically. Plus with the fact that they want to rep handhelds more too we can probably see a good mix of both Wii games and Streetpass games included with the Mii.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Do the Mii fish? Can they have a fishing pole for a grab? I was hoping the Villager would use one, but the net is hilarious.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
We'll have to see then, for now, Ii'm sticking with the main sports, with maybe the consideration of Resort Sports equipment.

Do the Mii fish? Can they have a fishing pole for a grab? I was hoping the Villager would use one, but the net is hilarious.
In one of the Wii Play games too. Anyone remember that Mii pose game, maybe those could be taunts.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
So how do you guys want Andy's playstyle to go? For me personally, I want him to explosionist similar to Snake, only he's much more fast-paced than Snake, but comes at the cost of slow unreliable recovery and the ability to get easily KOed.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Mii:
Moveset: I could see a moveset coming from all the various games so there's a lot of potential. Some of the main moves like sports equipment are already used by other characters however, mainly Peach.
Grade: C+
Popularity: If you have a Wii or 3DS, you know what a Mii is. Very popular avatar.
Grade: A
Design: Well, if you can customize the Mii then it has a little going for it. Other than that, the design is very boring and generic looking.
Grade: D
Overall: Hated on forums and I could understand why. I'm not a supporter, but I 100% understand if they become playable. And before someone jumps at my ratings, this is my opinion.
Final Grade: C

I haven't played any of the Advance War games. No rate, sorry.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
So this got interesting results from A, C, to F, I'm going to be fair and give the Mii a C based on how the community feels.
So I'm going to end this day to bring up two new characters, one of the guys I know you have been waiting particularly for. The wielder of the Monado, Shulk, and the floating head Dr. Kawashima. Can the time-controlling hero prove his worth to be on the top of the tier list? And can the floating head prove his worth to be #1?

So now I got something brand new to tell you, it's new feature were doing here, and it's called reserving. If you want to reserve an analysis for a certain someone you know and passionately want to analyze you gotta ask me first. This way, I don't really have to do all of the analyses, so I can see your skills into making a great summary of the character. Right now, I already reserved for Kawashima, because I know nobody is going to do it. (I'm going to an analysis for him later in the day though)

So if you guests that are reading this thread that would like to make an account and help us with our Shulk analysis, please do so and don't shy away. :)

Going to tag @Xenoblaze for some help on Shulk, if he wants to.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Might as well tag the entire Shulk thread to come over here. I have not made a move set for him yet, but I am going to at some point. I'll do more of a general overview.

Shulk is unique primarily because of the weapon he wields called the Monado.

The Monado enables Shulk to have visions of the future, both distant and mere moments away. The trickiest part of having Shulk playable would be properly implementing visions into his move set. The easy way out would be counters or a final smash, although Sakurai I'm sure would be able to come up with something clever.

The Monado also gives Shulk various other abilities: Monado speed which explains itself, Monado buster, where his sword greatly increases in length, shield which protects him, armor decreases damage, cyclone attacks enemies within a small radius with a whirlwind, eater gets rid of buffs, among a few others.

Shulk's other moves that do not rely on the Monado can also add something new to smash. In Xenoblade, Shulk has moves such as backslash (best when hitting enemies in the rear) which do more damage when hitting enemies in certain locations. He can possibly use different combinations of these moves like backslash to topple, as it is called in Xenoblade, or trip opponents in smash. Additionally, other status effects can be a part of his move set.

Similar to Little Mac's KO bar, the idea of Shulk having a level up system has been thrown around in the Shulk thread, sorry idk atm who thought of that but I will add it in later. After doing a certain amount of damage, Shulk levels up and gets stronger. His moves slightly change at each level and his level resets when he dies. Basically the opposite of Lucario.

Am I supposed to rate him too?

Moveset: A (He truly has potential to be different than the rest of the cast)

Popularity: Probably a B or C....This is Xenoblade after all, but X will surely increase awareness and popularity. Although he does well in polls....

Design: I'd say A if properly implemented. Shulk looks pretty rad without HD, so I'm psyched to see how much better he would look now. Also, I haven't seen any complaints about his appearance except for a handful of blonde JRPG character comments.

Overall: It is no secret that I'm an avid fan of Shulk's inclusion in smash 4. I can't hide my bias, but hopefully people realize some of these opinions are grounded in truth. A

Feel free to build on this or add anything I left out fellow Shulk fans. I only scratched the surface with the guy.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
No, this is focusing solely on uniqueness as the thread title states. But thanks for the great contribution! Thanks so much. I don't think Shulk needs a levelling up system though, I'm going to disagree with that one, I think his main mechanic should involve this like how Little Mac has his own unique meter:

There is a slow charging system that allows Shulk to use powerful moves.
Depending on the skill, The rest of the skills should be Smash attacks:

The one that causes status effects should be the normal special moves.
And when this fully charges from attacking the opponent:

You are rewarded with risky but even more powerful attacks.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
SHULK
(I am using BluePikmin11's questions)

1. How many diverse options does this character have?
Shulk's diversity comes with the different abilities he has in the game. This ranges from buffing, debuffing, toppiling, damage over time, striking vulnerable areas, visions ect. However, this might be tricky to translate rpg elements into Smash. There are ways to do this.

First, I propose a mechanic. Backstab. Shulk will do extra damage if he hits an opponent's back with a sword attack. Next, I propose adding some elements of his game into his specials.

PROPOSED SPECIALS

B Monado Buster: The Monado extends a great distance (B can be held to extend even further before releasing) while energy crackles around it and then is brought over Shulk's head and slammed into the floor.

*This attack does no stun or knockback, but adds on damage. Similar to Fox's laser. Able to tack on damage while utilizing great range.

Toward B Speed: Shulk zooms the length of C. Falcon's Raptor Boost, arms to the side and sword held back.

If he connects with an opponent's front-side, he goes behind them and performs a backstab.
If he connects with an opponent's backside, he plunges his blade forward.

Down B Shadow Eye: The Monado energy blade turns dark before Shulk slashes it horizontally. Fast attack with low range. This marks the opponent with a red eye that fades and leaves a dark aura. Any attacks on the opponent by Shulk will deal no damage, but have bonus knockback.

Down B will turn off the aura. Good for trying to land the finishing blow or go in for an edge-guarding strategy.
Up B Cyclone (ground):
Spins in a circle with blade held out, a circular wind emitting from his sword which revolves the opponent around Shulk before tossing them away their back always facing the swordsman.

Up B Cyclone (air): Does a quick spin with a smaller cyclone that pushes opponent's away and launches Shulk like a missile as his body twirls really fast, sword tucked at side. Can be aimed anywhere above Shulk.

Some people want to incorporate his Vision. This might be hard, but here is my idea. Visions can work as a counter. But instead of doing damage, the counter rewinds the animation to the beginning of the opponent's attack. That way the countered attack was the vision. I am not sure how tricky this would be to implement.

If visions becomes a standard counter, we could always move Shulk's vision to his standard A move. A press of A will have him stand still, hand to his forehead while his eyes glow blue. A hit during a select amount of frames ends with a strike. This would make Shulk a more defensive character.

2. Is their moves or abilities diverse from the rest of the Smash cast?
His specials and possible mechanics can make him diverse to a degree. His sword attacks (especially his long sword attacks) may be reminiscent of characters such as Ike.

3. Has the concept of the character been done before? If it has been done before, is the character's way of doing it unique on it's own?
A character with a big sword has been done before. But Shulk could be more reliant on his specials and tactics than brute strength.

4. Is the character's abilities and moves provide enough to be entertaining?
I do think so.
5. How visually different is the character in terms of body shape and looks?
Visually he looks like he is from a different world than the Fire Emblem cast. He is different enough.

6. Does it fit the character well enough?
Yes, if his rpg abilities are tweaked to fit into Smash.

Rating (Uniqueness): B+
I think Shulk's specials will make him. His throws and maybe a smash or two can borrow a unique element from his game, but his standard A moves may look just like that: Standard.

Complete Moveset

Shulk
Shulk has average stats except for his incredible range. His range combined with his Backstab Mechanic and special techniques can allow him to keep his opponents away while racking up enough damage for the finishing blow.

Mechanic Backstab: If the blade of his sword connects the back of an opponent, extra damage is given.

Basics
A: Diagonal slash downwards
A,A: Diagonal slash downwards, followed by a diagonal slash upwards
A,A,A: Diagonal slash downwards, followed by a diagonal slash upwards, and then slides backwards a distance

Running A: Shulk does a baseball slide while holding his blade upwards. His slide hits enemies into the blade.
Toward A: Pulls back elbow and then stabs forward; a little slow but great range
Up A: A fist pump while holding his sword upward
Down A: While crouched sweeps his sword in front of him once and then back again in a quick manner

Forward Smash: Twists his body, holding the Monado behind him as if going to bat and then swings forward and up while doing a little hop
Up Smash: Does a back flip while holding out his sword. Covers from front to back; massive range
Down Smash: The energy blade turns yellow as he plunges it into the ground. Creates a dome of yellow polygons briefly around his body which pushes away enemies before shattering for splash damage. Invincible frames for several frames while the shield is up.

Aerials
Neutral A: With the hilt at his side, revolves his sword at his side so it is a spinning blue circle that does multiple damage. Lag afterwards.
Forward A: Slashes forward and up for vertical knockback.
Up A: Faces the screen and does a backflip while holding out his sword. Sword range shortens but does good knockback.
Back A: Thrusts his sword behind him for good damage and knockback. Slower startup.
Down A: Positions the hilt on his shoulder before doing a massive sweep underneath him. Awesome range with little knockback and stun.

Specials
B Monado Buster: The Monado extends a great distance (B can be held to extend even further before releasing) while energy crackles around it and then is brought over Shulk's head and slammed into the floor.

*This attack does no stun or knockback, but adds on damage. Similar to Fox's laser. Able to tack on damage while utilizing great range.

Toward B Speed: Shulk zooms the length of C. Falcon's Raptor Boost, arms to the side and sword held back.

If he connects with an opponent's front-side, he goes behind them and performs a backstab.
If he connects with an opponent's backside, he plunges his blade forward.

Down B Shadow Eye: The Monado energy blade turns dark before Shulk slashes it horizontally. Fast attack with low range. This marks the opponent with a red eye that fades and leaves a dark aura. Any attacks on the opponent by Shulk will deal no damage, but have bonus knockback.

Down B will turn off the aura. Good for trying to land the finishing blow or go in for an edge-guarding strategy.

Up B Cyclone (ground):
Spins in a circle with blade held out, a circular wind emitting from his sword which revolves the opponent around Shulk before tossing them away their back always facing the swordsman.

Up B Cyclone (air): Does a quick spin with a smaller cyclone that pushes opponent's away and launches Shulk like a missile as his body twirls really fast, sword tucked at side. Can be aimed anywhere above Shulk.

Throws
Pummel: Smashes hilt in opponent's face
Forward Throw: Spins enemy around and kicks them forward
Back Throw: Flings enemy backwards a short distance
Up Throw: Rotates the Monado behind his own body and then upwards in an incomplete circle knocking the enemy vertical
Down Throw: Leaps off opponent's head and comes crashing back down with his blade to pop them up in the air. Shulk's most damaging throw.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Might as well participate in this for Shulk!

1. How many diverse options does this character have?
Shulk has a ton of options to give himself a unique play style.
In Xenoblade, you have a Vision mechanic. Shulk sees a Vision of the future of something bad happening to another character and he uses this vision to prevent the future from occurring and tries to change it.
I cannot see Shulk use visions in battle as the pacing is far different in Xenoblade than in Smash. However, it can be represented with you predicting your opponent. Shulk would be a rather powerful character and if you predict your opponent correctly, you could have Shulk use an incredibly powerful Smash attack.

2. Is their moves or abilities diverse from the rest of the Smash cast?
Of course!
Shulk has many unique abilities. Shulk can easily be unique thanks to his sword, the Monado. In Xenoblade, Shulk has various Arts he could use. These Arts include Back Slash, Slit Edge, Stream Edge, Shaker Edge, and Air Slash; Shulk could possibly use Arts from other characters within his moveset, such as Reyn's Aura Burst and Dunban's Gale Slash.
The Monado has its own set of Arts. The Monado Arts would be his special moves; Monado Buster would be his neutral special, Monado Eater would be his side special, Monado Shield would be his down special, Monado Speed would be his up special, and Monado Cyclone would be his Final Smash. I have made a specials moveset with these moves that I will share at the end.
If Shulk had a gimmick like Little Mac's Power Meter, it would be a Level Up system where as Shulk dishes out more damage, his specials would level up and become more powerful.

3. Has the concept of the character been done before?
Ike already has a big and hulking sword already…

3a. If it has been done before, is the character's way of doing it unique on it's own.
Shulk's Monado is nothing like Ike's sword. I've covered why. I don't think that the Monado will make him heavy and slow, his weight could be somewhere in the middle.
I find it stupid that people would compare Shulk to Ike since the Monado is a rather big sword, but they aren't comparable at all.

4. Does the character's abilities and moves provide enough to be entertaining?
I think so. He would definitely be a blast to play if you know how to use him right. Shulk isn't a generic swordsman; the Monado will easily make him a fun character to play as and would be extremely distinct from what we've seen thus far in Smash.

5. How visually different is the character in terms of body shape and looks?
The Monado is rather big and has a distinguishable bright red color with a beam coming out of it. I don't think people will confuse Shulk with another character. He looks rather different from the typical Fire Emblem character. (Oh! And he doesn't have blue hair!)

6. Does it fit the character well enough?
Look at this leak; it's debunked, but you'll see what I mean:

Shulk easily fits in the Smash Bros. universe. Even several texture hacks I've seen of him in Brawl have him fit in like a glove. He is a character that truly belongs in Smash.

Overall: A
Fantastic inclusion on Sakurai's part if he's added. He would be a rather easy addition too.

Moveset
I've made this in the Shulk support thread. I'll share it here:
First, what would be Shulk's gimmick? Little Mac has the Power Meter, Mega Man has his projectiles, and Rosalina has her Lumas. What would Shulk bring?
The Level Up
After when Shulk gives a certain amount of damage to his opponents, his Specials will level up. You start at level I and end at level III. However, if Shulk gets KO'd, he starts back at level I. The Level Up won't be applied to ground or aerial attacks.

Specials:
Standard: Monado Buster

This made sense to me as his neutral special. It's a charging move and the process of charging the move is similar to Marth's Shield Breaker or Ike's Eruption. However, the longer you hold down the special button won't increase the damage that you will do. Instead, it will increase the length of the Monado's beam. The Level Up will increase the power of Monado Buster, but won't increase the length of it. At level I, this does 20% max; level II, 25% max; level III, 30% max. It might not see use in competitive play, but it can be useful in casual play. The maximum length the Monado can go at is nearly 1/4 the length of Final Destination.

Side: Monado Eater
I had trouble figuring his side special out, but I decided on Monado Eater. What Monado Eater will do is that it will send out a projectile and cause some poison damage (think of Lip's Stick). Monado Eater was a debuff move in Xenoblade; Shulk would attack the opponent and would cause them to bleed. I think that a poison-like status would be similar in vain to the bleed status in Xenoblade. The Monado's beam will turn into a dark purple color and fire a quick projectile. This projectile can be charged to be more powerful and when it reaches its maximum, Shulk can store it and fire it whenever he wants to. The projectile in question can be as small as Luigi's Fireball or as big as a fully charged Aura Sphere from a Lucario at 0% damage and the projectile is as fast as either of those moves. What the Level Up will do here is alter the duration of the poison. At level I, the poison lasts for 1-2 seconds; at level II, the poison lasts for 2-3 seconds; at level III, the poison lasts for 3-4 seconds. This move can easily be reflected and can hit Shulk, thus poisoning him.

Down: Monado Shield
This one made sense to me and it's rather simple too. Monado Shield is a reflector move that is quite different from usual reflectors like Fox's Reflector or Pit's Mirror Shield. This move does no damage, but it shields Shulk from any projectile and allows him to move around. How long it stays out depends on Shulk's current status in the Level Up. At level I, Monado Shield will last for 3 seconds; at level II, Monado Shield will last for 5 seconds; at level III, Monado Shield will last for 7 seconds. As this move is being activated, the Monado's beam turns into a golden yellow color.

Up: Monado Speed
I had trouble with this one as well. I wanted to use a regular Art that Shulk knows, but I rather have Shulk's whole moveset be based around Monado Arts. As a result, I decided to combine one of Shulk's regular Arts with this Monado Art.
Think of Ike's Aether. Shulk can only go straight up, but he holds onto his sword. The Monado's beam turns into a dark blue color and it gives him a boost of speed and thus giving him his third jump. As Shulk rises, he can still take some damage. At the very apex of the jump, Shulk does an Air Slash. When he does an Air Slash, he gains super armor and thus cannot be knocked back. This move can be useful against edge guarders who are just grabbing onto the ledge and the Air Slash could catch them off guard. After his Air Slash, Shulk enters a helpless state. In times of emergency, you can have Shulk preform an air dodge and you can allow him to use a different move in the air afterwards, but you can't use Monado Speed again. The move doesn't become more powerful in the Level Up, but it increases Shulk's speed when rising upwards. At level I, Monado Speed is as fast as Lucario's ExtremeSpeed; at level II, Monado Speed is 1.25x faster than Lucario's ExtremeSpeed; at level III, Monado Speed is 1.5x faster than Lucario's ExtremeSpeed. Shulk's height from the recovery is about the same as Kirby's Final Cutter, but Shulk can only go straight up and cannot move in the air.

Final Smash: Monado Cyclone
By far the best option for his Final Smash. No matter where you are in the Level Up, Monado Cyclone is always at level III.
Shulk says "Behold the power of the Monado!", rises from the ground and creates a giant and windy pillar. The Monado's beam here will also turn into a white color.
Opponents will have a hard time running away from the Monado Cyclone as it has a vacuum effect to it and the Monado Cyclone does continuous damage. Think of it like Ho-Oh being summoned from a Poke Ball and is using its attack. Monado Cyclone can even go through the grounds of a stage. The final hit does extremely minimal knockback, but the opponents would be at a high enough damage percentage already that they will get KO'd easily anyway.

If there is a third party week, I'll be back if Bomberman is getting rated.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
So what is the current uniqueness tier list
Right in the OP, but just in case:
S TIER:
Lip
Zoroark
Chibi Robo

A TIER:
Isaac
Muddy Mole
King K. Rool
Bubbles
Ridley
Little Mac
Palutena
Duck Hunt Dog
Diddy/Dixie
Genesect
Eevee
Dillon
Wonder Red

B TIER:
Ray MK
Takamaru
Mach Rider
Andy
Sheriff
Greninja
Goose
Saki
Victini
Prince Sable
Sukapon
Hawlucha
Meowth
Daitoryo

C TIER:
Mallo
Gardevoir
Blaziken
Mii
Diskun
Cranky Kong
Dixie Kong

D TIER:
Urban Champion

F TIER:

If there is a third party week, I'll be back if Bomberman is getting rated.
Ooooooh.. I think I'll take as a suggestion for 3rd party week!
Next week were going to do FE Week, where things should be interesting, then 3rd party week.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I think Back Slash should be his forward-tilt or special, it has a unique property of being hit 2x the power if done behind the opponent, and I think it would work very naturally as either attacks.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I typically disagree that a Shulk moveset should revolve around his funky positioning specials, but I very much agree that implementing those quirks to his Smash attacks would be a neat way to make him unique, sort of like Marth tippers.

For example, Back Slash has been mentioned, and I could imagine a Smash that would not inflict knock back, but rather cause tripping if sweet-spotted as a way to replicate toppling in Xenoblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom