• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Ok seriously Froggy what the **** you can't just start straight up calling me a douche when I haven't even prompted some salt from you.

Grow a ****ing pair.

Or get yourself banned, either way works for me.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Ok seriously Froggy what the **** you can't just start straight up calling me a douche when I haven't even prompted some salt from you.

Grow a ****ing pair.

Or get yourself banned, either way works for me.

You've been prompting salt from me since maybe 2 months after I registered. I don't mind the infraction for the open insult. I don't feel like veiling my insults just yet.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I've turned into a giant douche and I don't know how to be a nice person anymore. I need serious help in fixing my inner douche, but the therapy and counseling is really expensive and takes up a lot of time that I need to take on a second job. I don't know how some douches like Falcon live with themselves on a daily basis. But I guess that acceptance and denial is a part of the constant process in coping with this disease we share.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I've turned into a giant douche and I don't know how to be a nice person anymore. I need serious help in fixing my inner douche, but the therapy and counseling is really expensive and takes up a lot of time that I need to take on a second job. I don't know how some douches like Falcon live with themselves on a daily basis. But I guess that acceptance and denial is a part of the constant process in coping with this disease we share.

He'll deny it but I'm convinced Falcon is less of a douche in real life. It's like a character he plays online for the hell of it.

Don't know what advice I can give you other than try being nicer. Really if you keep practicing being nice it becomes second nature, not sure if that's the solution here since I don't think being nice in and of itself is always a good thing.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm much meaner when I'm engaged in some kind of actual discussion than I am just on a casual basis.

So imo, varies more in real life. But w/e real life smells bad.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
He'll deny it but I'm convinced Falcon is less of a douche in real life. It's like a character he plays online for the hell of it. Don't know what advice I can give you other than try being nicer. Really if you keep practicing being nice it becomes second nature, not sure if that's the solution here since I don't think being nice in and of itself is always a good thing.
Actually as a kid I used to be bullied all the time by mean douches like Falcon. So I guess I kind of act like one on the internet because I've always been the guy who gets taken advantage of in real life and all I really wanted was acceptance and to find some people who liked me on the internet. I invented this sarcastic and jaded person because I thought I could be as well liked as the bullies in my class, but now I feel like I've actually become the bully that I only pretended to role play as and I'm sure that Falcon is exactly like me and we're both trying to find a way to be nicer people deep inside.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Falcon, only tool i see is you : 3 kekekeke (I kid, i kid)

(but srsly idk what ima do. Im just applying for internships wherever I can @ A @')

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Falcon, only tool i see is you : 3 kekekeke (I kid, i kid) (but srsly idk what ima do. Im just applying for internships wherever I can @ A @')
If you have time and you're a total loser like me, then you should consider visiting the places you're submitting your internship forms to in order to get an idea of who is actually handling the internship forms and where you are going to be working. I know that on a lot of internet apps, companies that receive a massive flux of resumes treat them like a file reserve to boost their potential candidates pool rather than seriously looking for an applicant from it. Also some internship-job fast track positions are sometimes already given to insiders inside the company and are posted for the sake of pandering to the Equal Opportunities Act or exist as completely fictitious ghost jobs that will never ever find a physical body on planet Earth to work it. In my mind I would never want to work for a company that would be so inconvenienced by me trying to get some more information on who is handling the internship and job hiring that they would list that as a negative quality and hurt me from admissions when so much of my personal learning experience involves being an annoying **** and asking everything about anything.

Acrostic fishing so hard. But I left my salt in the mines at saltybet. All my saltybucks. ;~;
The path to rehab is long and arduous but we have each other. I believe that we can make a deep change in ourselves if I have you and you have me. If any problems come our way we'll brave through it, one Froggy post at a time.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I cant get to the west coast/Texas @ ~ @ I dont think microsoft would appreciate if little me just walked up to the door and started asking them to hire me. i think that would deplete my chances. roflllllllll

tl;dr GAME ART INTERNSHIPS ARE HARD TO FIND

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Just don't give up when life punishes you for being a good person.

Again.

and again

and again

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
That's just the way it is. Things will never be the same.

On a related note, I find song lyrics in whatever I or others say. It's a curse.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Not really unhappy thread material but posting because it relates to my last posts

Applied to Microsoft and EA so far (dont judge they are the only places that actively display internship opportunities)
Contacted a bunch of other smaller studios to inquire about internships (mostly Vancouver based so far due to knowing some friends up there)....Cali and Texas hunts start later this week I guess.

Here's to hoping for good news? Expecting the worst though xD

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Trying to learn to play Dota 2 again because it's like the only game my friends play and just...gah. I do not get mobas. Essentially everything in their design is goofy as **** to me. Why so many characters, why so many items, why the **** can people ban heroes/why can only one person play as a hero? Why are there so many random elements, why are there so many moments where you can just be doing weird double blind **** (lol wards) and why oh god why are there so many moments where the main interaction with your opponent is you doing stuff to creeps like 3 feet away from them? I think the goofy characters are the only thing that interest me but lol can't have a main, gotta have like...5 main characters! Actually more like 8 if I really want to be safe huh.

But hey Dota 2>LoL solely on the principle that it doesn't have a **** generic art style with ridiculously pathetic business decisions. You can pay 60 dollars and not even have access to a real character in LoL.

I hope Riot burns to the ****ing ground one day. Have I made that clear enough yet?

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
Very. I've never played Dota 2, but I used to play LoL.

It takes a long time to get used to, but your troubles won't stop here. Have fun doing well but still losing because of bad teammates.

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
I got into a minor scat with my father. He said something along the lines of: "Why don't you do more grown-up things - you know what I mean."

He was referring to video games. It makes me unhappy. Does everyone who don't play video games think this way?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I got into a minor scat with my father. He said something along the lines of: "Why don't you do more grown-up things - you know what I mean."

He was referring to video games. It makes me unhappy. Does everyone who don't play video games think this way?

You can subtly leave this around the house, ha.
http://www.theesa.com/facts/

Namely, "The average game player is 30 years old and has been playing games for 13 years."

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman

Ask him why he can't be grown up enough to respect his adult son's decisions.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
If you really want to look into dreams, is there any stress/turmoil in your life?

Or, if you dont believe in dream reading, some people believe dreams are a place for our minds to test our fight/flight instincts.

I personally love those kinds of dreams....theyre exciting and its like watching a movie in your skull : D
unless you get caught then its like 'NO NO NO WAKE UP NOWWWWWWwwwwww'

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've had dreams where someone was chasing me, but in my dreams I'm always super tired and eventually fall asleep knowing something is after me

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Meh, if you read this post before I edited this, forget what I said. Anyways, turns out I am not getting my 3DS until my birthday in December. I really wanted that Pokemon X right when it comes out! :sadeyes:

I understand how you feel. Being the only boy in my family, I feel that no one understands how great video games are (unless you count just dance, which isn't a real game in my book). Anyways, he's your dad and I guess just wants you to grow up, but the problem I see with this is that I don't get why video games would have to be eliminated to grow up.

Smash Lord
You can subtly leave this around the house, ha.
http://www.theesa.com/facts/

Namely, "The average game player is 30 years old and has been playing games for 13 years."
I remember using that page in a paper recently.

I had a falling out with a member of my smash group today. I'm not sure what kind of impact it's going to have, and I'm not sure what the best course of action is.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remember using that page in a paper recently.

I had a falling out with a member of my smash group today. I'm not sure what kind of impact it's going to have, and I'm not sure what the best course of action is.
I'm younger than the average gamer...strangely, but have been playing games since I was 5. So I've been playing games considerably longer

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
  1. I was woken up today to buy one onion from the store.
  2. While I was at the store, somebody keyed my car. And it's bad.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
  1. I was woken up today to buy one onion from the store.
  2. While I was at the store, somebody keyed my car. And it's bad.
People who do **** like that need to die. Seriously if you're such a garbage human being that you think it's funny to do **** like that to someone you don't even know, I hope you have an absolutely **** life with an equally horrific death.

Hope fixing the damage doesn't cost too much, b-ro.

Top Bottom