• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Is anyone else finding themselves being at peace with their chronic unhappiness?

Not to get too Buddhist on you guys, but once I let go of my expectations of what I should feel like, or what I should have in life that I am denied, I became much happier. This was a very long and gradual process, but I finally got there in my head not too long ago.

Happy about being unhappy, go figure.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Is anyone else finding themselves being at peace with their chronic unhappiness?

Not to get too Buddhist on you guys, but once I let go of my expectations of what I should feel like, or what I should have in life that I am denied, I became much happier. This was a very long and gradual process, but I finally got there in my head not too long ago.

Happy about being unhappy, go figure.
That's not happy about being unhappy.

That has got to be one of the most obtuse ****ing things I've read since "CRYSIS. MORE REAL THAN REAL LIFE."

You're becoming less ******, that or accepting your mediocrity and inability to get what you want. That's called settling. It's impossible to be happy and unhappy at the same time unless your mind has fallen into the grand abyss, if so, lol have fun getting ****ed up by Kaiju or w/e.

Stay in school, kids.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why is it spelled "Ryse"? Did the romans spell the word like that?

Or is it because Illiteracy is Kool?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Crytek started being douchebags after the first Far Cry.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My step father came home drunk, tripped on something then started bleeding all over

The first thing my mother does is run... to get the carpet cleaner and throws him out of the way to clean her new carpet. Then yells at him for ruining it.

I really hope hooking up with some girl doesn't lead me into any kind of situation like that

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I am starting my own crafting business and I don't know if I'll be able to afford a table at any of the major art fairs or conventions I want to go to this year. Which means no monies. :(

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I went ziplining and white-water tubing a couple days ago. It was fun, but when I was securing the harness for the zipline the staff guy yanked on the straps so hard that my hips were bruised. Then later I fell off my tube right near some fast current and the water slammed my hip into a rock and I thought I had broken it and there were cuts even through the layer of clothes. My hips suffered mucho

Evil-Guy

Smash Journeyman
I went ziplining and white-water tubing a couple days ago. It was fun, but when I was securing the harness for the zipline the staff guy yanked on the straps so hard that my hips were bruised. Then later I fell off my tube right near some fast current and the water slammed my hip into a rock and I thought I had broken it and there were cuts even through the layer of clothes. My hips suffered mucho
Aww :sadeyes:

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Still learning to deal with transphobia. Every time i feel like i can face the world, im shown that i dont have it.

Went out with a good friend of mine. Cant count how many times i was called sir by people.

Went out today, first time in months ive had the motivation to really style my hair, put on makeup, etc. Got to the bus station and was immediately assaulted by a transphobic drunk.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
ugh i just want to cuddle and listen to joy division with you all whilst wandering around the earth uncertain if it will ever get better

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Still learning to deal with transphobia. Every time i feel like i can face the world, im shown that i dont have it.

Went out with a good friend of mine. Cant count how many times i was called sir by people.

Went out today, first time in months ive had the motivation to really style my hair, put on makeup, etc. Got to the bus station and was immediately assaulted by a transphobic drunk.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

That is terrible. :(

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm kind of ...messed up right now and the only thing going through my head is a desire to use my tongue for something

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Every other day I'm reminded why I'm going to probably sever all contact with my family when I leave. Seriously could not care less about my sister, my mom's so ****ing stupid I can't stand to talk with her at all, and my extended family is a bunch of ******y Christians.

Deathconsciousness

Every other day I'm reminded why I'm going to probably sever all contact with my family when I leave. Seriously could not care less about my sister, my mom's so ****ing stupid I can't stand to talk with her at all, and my extended family is a bunch of ******y Christians.
I know that feel man, I know that feel.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I know that feel man, I know that feel.
It honestly feels ****ty disliking someone who clearly doesn't dislike you, but it's just like there's no real fixing that situation as far as I'm concerned.

Also my parents banned pokemon and held that ruling til my dad died when I was 12 because my church said it was evil. So yeah just in case one needed a simple example as to why I have no respect for her, there you go! Also, she once told me that I "raised myself". Boy, what a great thing to be told.

Deathconsciousness

... Wow, I'm sorry to here that. I'm not good at giving advice, but... damn. If you want to talk, shoot me a PM. :/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My mom threw out all of the villains of my ninja turtles one day because she was convinced for some reason they were evil

I guess technically they were, but you know what I mean

Smash Lord
Dude, some people are just assholes. When these people drink alcohol, they become even more of an asshole. And when they've had a few, they just let out all the inner asshole and say that their behavior is excusable because they are drunk when they really aren't.

I dealt with this last night.

Also because it's slightly relevant and pretty much sums up my thoughts on these guys drinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTeYzs6KH_E

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A year ago my school sent me a card to set up my financial aid payments to go to, but I never set it up because I preferred getting checks and putting it into my bank.

But apparently they just changed the policy this quarter so that ALL payments go to the card.

I never registered or set up the card, luckily, because I've lost it after not using it for a year. Lucky because my money isn't on it in case someone found it, but unlucky since I can't get my money

Edit: I think after the last rejection I had I lost my nerve. It's been a year since the last time I tried to talk to a girl, or at least any girl I have any romantic interest in. Saw this nice one at starbucks today for example and just sat in my seat working on my school project.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My grandmother called pokemon evil, apparently she got the idea by reading the pokedex entry on the gyarados card

Edit: She found my warcraft 2 strategy guide once and flipped out

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
School isn't offering Level Design this quarter (kfdjksjdfksd noooooooo)
Since I am not able to take level design, I can't take the rest of my senior level classes minus advanced prototyping @ ~ @

So now I have to find some game art internships so i can fill some credits????? o Ao;;;;;;

Deathconsciousness

since my parents are divorced, they're both trying desperately, but subliminally, to make me pick which parent to live with, and prefer, and all that ****. i moved in with my dad in my childhood house in pennsylvania (my mom lives in new york) and it's like, no, **** you, i chose the house, not you over mom. goddamn.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Lol college game classes.

Best way to learn nothing other than how to be an industry tool. OH BUT YOU MAKE THEM CONNECTIONS WITH FELLOW TOOLS, WEEEE.

Meanwhile I'm teaching myself C++!

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Lol college game classes.

Best way to learn nothing other than how to be an industry tool. OH BUT YOU MAKE THEM CONNECTIONS WITH FELLOW TOOLS, WEEEE.

Meanwhile I'm teaching myself C++!

Awwww, I can't believe I have something in common with this douche. I'm teaching myself Python.

Top Bottom