• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE Undead Brampton Thread/Cemetery: Watch out for Zombies (and Geist)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
If that's actually him I'm going to **** myself.

Rofl, I'm going to bring my own tv, and my own Brawl set up and play SSE in the middle of the room ALL DAY.

Just to be a ****

Desh.

Smash Lord
the value of brawl wins are the same as loss's, since it can go either way its hard to determine how much worth a win in brawl is :]

ToxiCry

Smash Cadet
btw since u talked me into melee i have to remind u that ill be a total nub starting out so u guise are gunna needa be holding my hand through some battles.

Desh.

Smash Lord
lol its cool, i'll teach u what u need to be taught, and direct u to people who know more than me, and im sure andy wouldnt mind helping ya out. o.o
just dont expect to get it right away cuz its definitely discouraging D: .
Melee takes more practice than brawl, nuff said about that, but imo, the things you can do in melee once you've practice'd and master'd stuff is waayy more rewarding

But yeah, In all honestly if you're new to melee you're gonna get owned at first.
Practice the basic stuff o.o
Who do u play?
Stuff you should definitely practice:
Wave dashing/ wave landing
L cancel'ing
shffl'ing
maybe chain grabbing...
uuhhh if you're playing fox or falco then i suggest wave shine'ing, drill shine'ing, pillaring and stuff...
But yeah look into the basics first =o
Once you got that then work on other crap =D
Add me on msn if u wanna talk/need halp or somethin
ac_milano101@hotmail.com

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
btw since u talked me into melee i have to remind u that ill be a total nub starting out so u guise are gunna needa be holding my hand through some battles.
Zomg.

Don't waste your time on that game. You'll never be World Champion. In Brawl everyone has a fair shot.

Play Brawl. It has prettier colours.

ToxiCry

Smash Cadet
umm i use marth and i can wavedash easily, land relatively easily, sffling is SO HARD for me but im up for trying to get into melee again

Desh.

Smash Lord
Zomg.

Don't waste your time on that game. You'll never be World Champion. In Brawl everyone has a fair shot.

Play Brawl. It has prettier colours.
Lol@playing a game to be world champion.

Why not just go play competitive go fish, you'll be world champ since you're the only one doin it =o

also
lol@ken being on the new survivor. >_>

anyways, yay =D
finally a marth main ^^

4Serial

Smash Lord
Play both games. Just play Brawl casually, and Melee as a competitive game if you really want to get into the scene. I play Brawl all the time and I can keep up with Brawl players even with Link <_<, but I'd rather play Melee. You will probably never ever have to practice any Brawl stuff, but everything in Melee comes with practice and experience. If you're good at Melee, the skills WILL pass over to Brawl, but the same can't be said about Brawl going into Melee..

Everyone has a fair shot at becoming World Champ at Brawl? That's more of a downside to me. I like Melee because you're rewarded for practicing. With Brawl, you don't even need to practice or own the game. Mango and M2K have proven that. M2K is probably the best in the world at Brawl and he doesn't give a **** about it other than making money from it. You can probably be the "best" at brawl until some new guy comes in and beats everyone even after whatever practice they put into it. It's a waste of effort, and it's pointless for anyone that isn't Metaknight or Snake or some crap. I certainly do not have a fair shot at becoming good because of the fact that I play Link. Basically, **** Brawl. I'll play it to please steve, but it's only fair because he'll play melee for the same reason. Let's just play smash64 from now on.

If I can be the best at Brawl just for playing Metaknight, then that's ****ing bull****. I like Melee because it rewards you for dedication. A life lesson. I'll keep on playing Melee. I like playing with Imadh, Dzenan, David, Berny and everyone and getting better even if I get my *** kicked in that game. I like knowing that I can always improve. I feel like playing MK in Brawl from now on..

lol rant

4Serial

Smash Lord
well, it's just not MK
it's pretty much MK, Snake, and maybe Falco and GaW and DDD

I'm generally *****ing about how Sakurai decides to make Link complete crap in every smash game =/

Desh.

Smash Lord
Play both games. Just play Brawl casually, and Melee as a competitive game if you really want to get into the scene. I play Brawl all the time and I can keep up with Brawl players even with Link <_<, but I'd rather play Melee. You will probably never ever have to practice any Brawl stuff, but everything in Melee comes with practice and experience. If you're good at Melee, the skills WILL pass over to Brawl, but the same can't be said about Brawl going into Melee..

Everyone has a fair shot at becoming World Champ at Brawl? That's more of a downside to me. I like Melee because you're rewarded for practicing. With Brawl, you don't even need to practice or own the game. Mango and M2K have proven that. M2K is probably the best in the world at Brawl and he doesn't give a **** about it other than making money from it. You can probably be the "best" at brawl until some new guy comes in and beats everyone even after whatever practice they put into it. It's a waste of effort, and it's pointless for anyone that isn't Metaknight or Snake or some crap. I certainly do not have a fair shot at becoming good because of the fact that I play Link. Basically, **** Brawl. I'll play it to please steve, but it's only fair because he'll play melee for the same reason. Let's just play smash64 from now on.

If I can be the best at Brawl just for playing Metaknight, then that's ****ing bull****. I like Melee because it rewards you for dedication. A life lesson. I'll keep on playing Melee. I like playing with Imadh, Dzenan, David, Berny and everyone and getting better even if I get my *** kicked in that game. I like knowing that I can always improve. I feel like playing MK in Brawl from now on..

lol rant
besides zeph and the people that came to steves brawl thing,
and ex melee players..
i dislike brawls community quite honestly.
For reasons parallel to you're rant :p

But yeah, Melee community is awesome cuz ...idk but chillin with sauga and the gta is awesome XD
Its not like... "yo come play me in smash" when you're w/ gta and you go places with them,
its more of a "yo wanna chill?" kinda thing :p
More like friends then people who know eachother through smash i guess :p

<3 gta<3melee<3
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\... YOU BRAWL!!!!!

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Yoshi was ****. Gtfo noob. =]

No but seriously, everyone in that game is viable except for Yoshi.

And maybe Mario and Luigi.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
yoshi is not **** in ssb64 nubface only samus was ****

Top:
Pikachu
Kirby
Ness

High:
Fox
Captain Falcon

Middle:
Jigglypuff
Mario
Yoshi

Low:
Donkey Kong
Luigi

Bottom:
Samus
Link

sry andy --

4Serial

Smash Lord
i hate melee players in general because they wipe their *** with the brawl disc because it isnt melee 2.0
rofl
melee players in general just don't like brawl because it turned out to be the complete opposite of what everyone expected. It could have been a smash64 2.0 and we would have liked it better. It's just not a game made to suit a deep competitive game. I don't completely hate Brawl, I just prefer Melee over it. A lot more. I'll play Brawl casually, and maybe the way it's meant to be played. With items and on all stages and free for alls. Because I find that to be more fun than "competitive brawl". sorry, i just don't like your choice of words and i'm giving an honest opinion.

maybe i'd like brawl better if Link wasn't so trash. *****y and biased, i know. i also don't like the inclusion of characters like toon link and lucario..

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I agree with what Andy said. I don't HATE brawl, and I'll play it.

But I can't stand this 'serious tournament' brawl business. Its such a slow competitive game. Its the slowest I've ever seen actually. Its flat out boring to play.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
You guys may think that it's boring, but I don't. I respect your opinions but stop the Brawl bashing, and especially stop the Sakurai bashing. If it weren't for Sakurai we wouldn't have melee either.

Anyone miss that? I'll brawl MM you because I play melee. 5$. I'll be Rob you be whatever.
Make it 10. Best of 5, 3 stock 7 mins. You don't have to be R.O.B. We can double blind pick and then counterpick accordingly.

D.B

Smash Ace
no I'll be rob. I want to be rob. Sure 10, why not.

*BASHES BRAWL* <__<

*PUNCHES SAKURAI*

oh and if we didn't have brawl we'd have melee online. Gee... I wonder which is better...

ToxiCry

Smash Cadet
Nah smash online would still sux even if it wasnt brawl. Too much lagg, too many ppl with dial-up going on.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Melee online would be hell.

Anyways, I don't think Brawl is THAT boring and slow. If anything I think the majority of 2D fighters take the cake for that one.

All it is is like down tilting the other guy until they try something and you block it and **** them.

Desh.

Smash Lord
o_o
Have you seen good guilty gear players?
its freaking insane Q_Q
i played landy and dzenan in gg xx core i think
It was INSANNEE O_O
its just as good as melee imo. I'd even play it competitvely if i had a ps2.
but dam its so hard Q_Q
Also, street fighter, mvc2 are amazing too O_o

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I just don't think Street Fighter is that amazing.

Andy and I watched competitive street fighter vids one time, and we both had the same impressions.
It's just a bunch of Dtilts LOL.

Top Bottom