• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I think that "January leak" is fake.
I know Isaac has it's fans but two golden sun reps? When he's that popular, why was he removed from smash 4 then?
And I don't see Banjo making it into the game. Don't get me wrong, I loved Banjo- kazooie as a child but how would Nintendo benefit from his inclusion? He is not relevant anymore and unlike k.rool not even a Nintendo character anymore. Moreover sakurai still seems to be very cautious when picking western developed characters, although he put K.rool and Shovel Knight and crystal as assist trophies into the game.
And two kirby reps? Sakurai doesn't seem to care about kirby that much anymore, bandana dee is more likely because he is very popular in japan and a recurring character in the series but magolor seems more like an assist trophy candidate to me. And no Pokemon? That can't be real, Pokemon is always getting a rep because it's immensely popular worldwide.
Heihachi seems kind of likely because he's from namco but he would also be veeeeeeery boring, I hope I'm not the only thinking this, he's just an old man...

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I know Isaac has it's fans but two golden sun reps? When he's that popular, why was he removed from smash 4 then?
And I don't see Banjo making it into the game. Don't get me wrong, I loved Banjo- kazooie as a child but how would Nintendo benefit from his inclusion? He is not relevant anymore and unlike k.rool not even a Nintendo character anymore. Moreover sakurai still seems to be very cautious when picking western developed characters, although he put K.rool and Shovel Knight and crystal as assist trophies into the game.
And two kirby reps? Sakurai doesn't seem to care about kirby that much anymore, bandana dee is more likely because he is very popular in japan and a recurring character in the series but magolor seems more like an assist trophy candidate to me. And no Pokemon? That can't be real, Pokemon is always getting a rep because it's immensely popular worldwide.
Heihachi seems kind of likely because he's from namco but he would also be veeeeeeery boring, I hope I'm not the only thinking this, he's just an old man...
to be fair matthew would obviously be an echo since it's his son, makes sense in that regard

Banjo might have scored highly on the ballot, Magolor too since he's placed well in various fan-made polls.

You have a point about Pokemon but maybe this isn't all the characters? could always be another they don't know about.

That being said though I don't have much faith in it to begin with despite that I'd enjoy it.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
to be fair matthew would obviously be an echo since it's his son, makes sense in that regard

Banjo might have scored highly on the ballot, Magolor too since he's placed well in various fan-made polls.

You have a point about Pokemon but maybe this isn't all the characters? could always be another they don't know about.

That being said though I don't have much faith in it to begin with despite that I'd enjoy it.
Yeah, I can imagine they scored highly on the ballot, but Sakurai is not the welfare, so If there's nothing in it for Nintendo, then banjo is very unrealistic. Maybe the rumors about Nintendo x Microsoft are true (there were some weeks before e3) and we will get a new banjo for switch, but that seems also unlikely to me.
Magolor was surely high on the ballot thanks to japan, but I think he only appeared in Return to dreamland for wii as the antagonist. Sakurai didn't put midna, girahim or yuga in smash because they appeared only in one game as well, he tends to recurring characters.
Anyways, I don't really care about all those characters, I mean there are some I like, like banjo, but I don't see how they should get in before Dixie Kong. If Dixie is in the game, I will never ever ask sakurai for anything again :-)

Tetiro

Smash Ace

Hey Isaac supporter here. Thought I'd chip in about Matthew.

While I think it is now likely we will get Isaac in, my gut is telling me a character and a stage is all we're getting. After all it is Golden Sun after all and hasn't had a new character in ages. I don't think we'll be getting an Echo fighter on top of that. Then again just seeing Isaac be an AT is enough for me personally.

I see validity in the "Sakurai doesn't return to one-off characters". Looking at the characters, only Pokemon and Fire Emblem really have that exception and it is clear why too.

It's that reason why I think we won't see Skull Kid. But Dixie I do think has a chance albeit as an Echo hybrid of DK and Diddy which would give her most of her moveset anyway

Anywho, good luck you lot! I'll be rooting for you over in Weyard

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
^Skull Kid is not an one off peep. He appears in three Zelda games. Ocarina, Majora's and Twilight Princess. Whether they are the same Skull Kid is up to your personal interpretation (though it is clear the OoT and MM one are the same, at least).
Pokémon not getting a new rep would definitely be new and weird, but it would be a good thing. There is ZERO reason to include a Gen 7 rep as a playable fighter in Smash. The only truly VERY popular Pokémon who is not a fighter is Eevee, and Eevee is in a Pokéball in Smash.

I find your arguments weak even if I don't like the sound of the "leak". Isaac is not THAT popular but honestly neither is Simon Belmont. Banjo & Kazooie are not relevant, but neither is K. Rool. Ridley is well liked but he being absent from a Metroid game makes little difference. The newcomers in this game so far, other than Inklings, are not what you would call relevant. Rather, they are fighters people have been asking for a long time, aside from Richter (but he is popular enough among Castlevania fans, he is Simon's descendant, and playable in the most popular Castlevania game, so why not?).

Last edited:

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
Pokémon not getting a new rep would definitely be new and weird, but it would be a good thing. There is ZERO reason to include a Gen 7 rep as a playable fighter in Smash. The only truly VERY popular Pokémon who is not a fighter is Eevee, and Eevee is in a Pokéball in Smash.

I find your arguments weak even if I don't like the sound of the "leak". Isaac is not THAT popular but honestly neither is Simon Belmont. Banjo & Kazooie are not relevant, but neither is K. Rool. Ridley is well liked but he being absent from a Metroid game makes little difference. The newcomers in this game so far, other than Inklings, are not what you would call relevant. Rather, they are fighters people have been asking for a long time, aside from Richter (but he is popular enough among Castlevania fans, he is Simon's descendant, and playable in the most popular Castlevania game, so why not?).
You can't compare k.rool to Banjo, K.rool is owned by Nintendo after all and he will very likely return to the mainline dk games as Nintendo knows of his immense popularity now. So please do not lump them together.

I love Castlevania and I was honestly surprised simon and richter got in. But that has nothing to do with popularity, I do not remember many people wanting Castlevania representation in smash, maybe at the time after melee? I think Simon is in the game because of the deal Konami made with sakurai, I think he only wanted Snake back but konami probably insisted on putting more konami stuff into the game (and if the rumor is true that Castlevania is getting a new game then it makes sense to promote the series with smash ultimate, that's the only reason Bayonetta is in too). That's the only thing that makes sense to me as Castlevania unfortunately hasn't been that popular in the last years.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I love Castlevania and I was honestly surprised simon and richter got in. But that has nothing to do with popularity, I do not remember many people wanting Castlevania representation in smash, maybe at the time after melee? I think Simon is in the game because of the deal Konami made with sakurai, I think he only wanted Snake back but konami probably insisted on putting more konami stuff into the game (and if the rumor is true that Castlevania is getting a new game then it makes sense to promote the series with smash ultimate, that's the only reason Bayonetta is in too). That's the only thing that makes sense to me as Castlevania unfortunately hasn't been that popular in the last years.
i think you are severely underestimating how many people like castlevania and wanted it to be in smash. and i doubt konami is the one who pushed for the castlevania representation because i dont think sakurai would put that much effort and love into representing the franchise to the extent that he has if it was just a promotion stunt.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
i think you are severely underestimating how many people like castlevania and wanted it to be in smash. and i doubt konami is the one who pushed for the castlevania representation because i dont think sakurai would put that much effort and love into representing the franchise to the extent that he has if it was just a promotion stunt.
If it weren't for assumptions about third-party companies only getting one character or Konami being too unreasonable, people would have been much more vocal in requesting Simon Belmont.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
Believe me, as a huge Castlevania fan, I know what I'm speaking of. I've always wished for Castlevania to have good sales, but unfortunately they were getting lower with every installment. Lords of Shadow was a success but even that didn't sell so well and the sequel was just bad and flopped hard.
Although Castlevania is a japanese created series, they don't care at all about it, the series there isn't even called Castlevania.
The funny thing is that many think that he's in the game due to popularity, but I don't recall sakurai saying something like that in the direct, he only said that about dark samus and chrom. That whole "Castlevania in smash" stuff started when vergeben leaked simon.
Before that, I didn't really see anyone except some die hard fans like me( and even I thought this is very unrealistic because of decreasing popularity, sales and relevance of the series) wishing for Castlevania content in smash.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
We've got a handful of new Support Buddies! Let's welcome:
Heatswave Heatswave
ZeroJanitor ZeroJanitor
LYD LYD
Akg0001 Akg0001
Momotsuki Momotsuki
Smash Lampjaw Smash Lampjaw

To the Barrel! This place gets bigger everyday LOL. Will Dixie be breaking out of her own Barrel for this Smash? Let's hope so!
I don't mind being on the support list; though I would rather the name be updated to my current name. I left that old name behind a long time ago due to some... let's just say, bad memories.
LOL, I won't ask what those memories are, but I've updated your username.

Hmm, checking the support list, I see myself listed by my old username ("Young Horsetail") - if you could BirthNote BirthNote , change it to my current one - but put my old one on parentheses.

Quite a long run of supporting this heroine since SSB4-days.

Oh I didn't know you were Young Horsetail! Wow you're one of the oldest supporter; I've updated your username and kept the old one in parentheses.

I have noticed that too but it seems like past leaks before the recent direct had Dixie on them but more recent ones post direct do not. My best guess are outsiders that think K. Rool getting in automatically "disqualified" Dixie for some reason.
Hopefully this turns out to be a Rosalina-Bowser Jr scenario.
I highly, highly doubt that developers look at characters with the idea of "reps per series" in mind. That is, for instance, K. Rool and Dixie Kong were both looked at and analyzed separately and independently, without the inclusion of one of them affecting the chances of the other. Yes, the number of characters is limited and it is likely that potential newcomers get prioritized, but only as a whole and not in a "per series" manner. Regardless of K. Rool's priority in the newcomer roster, he was not added to fill the "1 DK rep" quota, or was not chosen over Dixie.
Going by what I know of Sakurai's design philosophy, this makes complete sense. He...usually goes about selection in a rational, well-thought out way barring troll picks, personal bias or advertisements.
The Wah ought to get at least 2. :ultwario:
Honestly, I'm kinda surprised his potential newcomers got deconfirmed, because I was thinking this too. Warioware's got a stable number of recurring characters and they're all eccentric enough to be liked.
Inferior? You can pretty much roll jump to make most distances you Easy Mode endorsers do with Helicopter Spin. Plus Diddy climbs, runs and swims a bit faster than Dixie. And cartwheel > hair spin as well.

It's why Diddy is the choice of the speed runners of DKC. Aka people who know how to play the game.

I like her best in DKC3 tho which is a far more slow paced game.
HA! Cranky spanks all of them when it comes to speedruns! The momentum he's got going is off the charts. BTW, did you ever beat Irate Eight on Hard Mode with Diddy? Took me months.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I highly, highly doubt that developers look at characters with the idea of "reps per series" in mind. That is, for instance, K. Rool and Dixie Kong were both looked at and analyzed separately and independently, without the inclusion of one of them affecting the chances of the other. Yes, the number of characters is limited and it is likely that potential newcomers get prioritized, but only as a whole and not in a "per series" manner. Regardless of K. Rool's priority in the newcomer roster, he was not added to fill the "1 DK rep" quota, or was not chosen over Dixie.
This. If the number of reps was always contingent 100% on an arbitrary quota based on series size or sales, Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem would look very different at this point. It's clear that liberties are taken when applicable.

StormC

Smash Hero
This. If the number of reps was always contingent 100% on an arbitrary quota based on series size or sales, Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem would look very different at this point. It's clear that liberties are taken when applicable.
Well, even Sakurai thought there were too many Fire Emblem characters in Smash 4, not that it kept him from including Corrin. So with limited newcomers this time around, it might affect things more. DK is by far the most obvious candidate for getting two unique fighters, but it remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Inferior? You can pretty much roll jump to make most distances you Easy Mode endorsers do with Helicopter Spin. Plus Diddy climbs, runs and swims a bit faster than Dixie. And cartwheel > hair spin as well.

It's why Diddy is the choice of the speed runners of DKC. Aka people who know how to play the game.

I like her best in DKC3 tho which is a far more slow paced game.
Oh chill out man, I'm being facetious just to mess with you because you came in here acting all elitist for no reason, so I felt the urge to retort for my amusement.

I already know Diddy is the speedrunner's choice, I've seen plenty of speedruns.

Cait Sith and Tifa are also the speedruns/challenge runners' choice for FF7. Doesn't make them "better" characters. Just more efficient for going forward quickly or with limited resources. But that's neither here or there.

I just prefer Dixie because I prefer Dixie. I can be a scrub/easy mode blah blah if that's what you decide, but I just like her better. Agree to disagree on that one I suppose.

Besides, when was Impa effective at anything in her home game besides running from Ganondorf, mastering a 6 note Ocarina song, and blocking one of Ghirahim's attacks? Clearly an elite player like you should pick a more efficient Zelda character. :p

Sorry, but I got to mess with ya after the debates of the Smash 4 days where I believe we had some friendly debates going on in a few places at times. No hard feelings. :)

And before you mention HW Impa. Not Canon. But you know what is? Diddy losing to K Rool and getting captured. Something that never happened to the one with the ponytail.

:p

Last edited:

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
BTW, did you ever beat Irate Eight on Hard Mode with Diddy? Took me months.
Irate Eight on hard mode is the worst. I've beat it a few times, but trying to get all the Kong letters and beat it on the same try is so tough.

Last edited:

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
The silhouette stage idea sounds cool but would probably just be frustrating in practice tbh
Yeah it's definitely more of a pipedream especially considering how many fighters there are. I'm sure coming up with silhouettes for every character would be challenging.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlb-dr84nrQ&feature=youtu.be
Omg!!!! You have to listen to this, it was uploaded on the official smash bros website. If there more remixes like this from dkc/2/3 in the game, I'll be in heaven!!!!
This is GLORIOUS. If DK could get the same music treatment Castlevania is getting...

Irate Eight on hard mode is the worst. I've beat it a few times, but trying to get all the Kong letters and beat it on the same try is so tough.
Can confirm Irate Eight is tough :laugh: I've beaten it with Dixie on hard mode a couple times, but I wanna go through and each kong. Currently using DK.

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I can't believe I haven't dropped by this thread yet.

I've always considered Dixie Kong just as overdue as King K. Rool and now that we have one of them, it would be a travesty to me to exclude Dixie when I consider her every bit as (if not possibly even moreso) significant to the series. I've been pulling for Dixie Kong since Brawl, even over the King.

Sign me up for the supporters list!

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I certainly support Dixie Kong. The inclusion of King K. Rool gives some hope with including her, possibly, especially since Tropical Freeze was released in 2014, prior to the roster being formed.

Along with that, with the "more" focus on Echo fighters, I can see Dixie being made as an Echo of Diddy. They share the same size and can use most of the moves Diddy has.

Since we know Echo fighters can look, sound, move and preform things a little different from their original fighter, it is possible.

What allows a better chance of this as well is Chrom. He is an Echo fighter that can use a different special, notably an Up-B special.

So Dixie can have something more like DK's recovery, in the sense of she uses her pony tail to make the helicpoter spin.

Also, instead of peanuts, she can shoot bubble gum (in a wrapper) with her "bubble gum gun." This is suitable for her since she idles blowing bubble gum back in DKC2.

Lastly, she can have a different FInal Smash since we know Echo fighters can have a different one from their original fighter. I say she takes out some large speakers and rocks that guitar!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, even the people that think she is going to be an echo want a lot of changes from Diddy to the point she'd be the least cloney of the echoes. But it'd make sense for the character

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
LOL, even the people that think she is going to be an echo want a lot of changes from Diddy to the point she'd be the least cloney of the echoes. But it'd make sense for the character
Yessir. I'd rather her be like Falco or Luigi at least instead of Dark Pit or Dark Samus. If only Echo had some kind of concrete meaning that we were all aware of besides "based on another fighter."

StormC

Smash Hero
I've always thought Dixie would make the most sense as a Wolf-like "clone," where there are some basic resemblances to Diddy's moveset, but is largely unique. At this point, with how different echoes can be, I'd be happy with an echo that has just enough differentiation.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
It is true if she is an echo, she cannot have too many changes. My Echo example for her does follow the, erm, current "Echo Fighter Rules" that we have seen. The change is just her Up-B recovery, and the rest is just aesthetic and personality changes that does not change how she fights.

Changing the Peanut to Bubble gun would not change the properties of the actual move, just the visual of it. Looking at Daisey, that is ok since she has more "flower" effects opposed to Peach's heart effects.

As for her regular attacks, she uses her pony tail instead of diddy's tail. Again, that is just aesthetics and not actual major changes to moves, damage, etc.

If there are more changes than that, be it changing more of her specials or how her regular hits "hit" differently, then yes, she would need to be a "new comer" category, more on the lines as Falco to Fox. Possibly Star wolf style.

It all comes down to how many "new comers" are planned at this point and what fighters could "fit" as echos if need be.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
It is true if she is an echo, she cannot have too many changes. My Echo example for her does follow the, erm, current "Echo Fighter Rules" that we have seen. The change is just her Up-B recovery, and the rest is just aesthetic and personality changes that does not change how she fights.

Changing the Peanut to Bubble gun would not change the properties of the actual move, just the visual of it. Looking at Daisey, that is ok since she has more "flower" effects opposed to Peach's heart effects.

As for her regular attacks, she uses her pony tail instead of diddy's tail. Again, that is just aesthetics and not actual major changes to moves, damage, etc.

If there are more changes than that, be it changing more of her specials or how her regular hits "hit" differently, then yes, she would need to be a "new comer" category, more on the lines as Falco to Fox. Possibly Star wolf style.

It all comes down to how many "new comers" are planned at this point and what fighters could "fit" as echos if need be.
To be frank, I think Dixie Kong deserves to be a semi-clone rather than an echo. However the Smash team decides to label her though is up to them. But I would like to see for instance, her hair spin attack from DKC2 in place of the cart wheel for Diddy's dash attack. And I feel like she'd have to throw barrels and characters and such with her hair, otherwise it's a missed opportunity.

Wherever there isn't an obvious change they could make to Diddy's moveset, keep it the same and I don't think anyone would complain.

Smash Lampjaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1307-1021-0308
I see the ponytail acting as a side-B recovery move, as well. There's a lot they can do with the idea.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I'm sure quite a few of you have seen this already but being as I listen to quite a bit of DKC2 music on the regular, I figured I'd share:

DKC2 was lightning in a bottle. It's neigh impossible to recreate the magic of a game like that.

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
An echo is fine, hopefully with enough changes to make it feel like your using Dixie, not just Diddy 2.0. I know this has been talked about plenty of times here before, but one thing that really irks me is when someone says Dixie is an "easy" or "obvious" echo for Diddy. That's kinda like saying Bandanna Dee is an easy echo for Meta Knight because they have similar body shapes, and he could just use his spear to do Meta Knight's sword attacks. Sure, he COULD do that, and Dixie COULD do Diddy's moves, but I feel like it'd be a big missed opportunity if you don't use her hair as a big part of her moveset. It's her defining trait, and it could make for one of the most unique movesets in the game.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I do understand your feelings regarding that matter. When it comes to Dixie, yes she could be her own fighter or a semi clone, on the lines of Star Wolf, Luigi, etc.

However, this is stemming out of Sakurai's introductions, or at least focus on Echo fighters this time. There are so many characters already, and as a game designer it takes considerable time to make, render and balance a new fighters. There have been plenty of articles from Sakurai himself talking about the amount of time and energy it takes. He also comments how fighting games have "clones" or similar characters due to the fact how much time it takes to create a new one, but also to increase the roster based on time and resources.

So looking at the push for Echo fighters for this game, we look at the current foster and see what added characters could be used to add to the roster without taking up so much time, energy and resources to do that.

Dark Pitt and Lucina were no brain-ers ... since they were pretty much copies of the original character of Pitt and Marth. (Granted, story wise of their characters it does make sense why they would fight pretty much their original host.)

So to add "more" fighters, we would need "more" echos that can help alleviate time, energy and resources to do so.

Dark Samus, Daisy and Chrom were popular requests and hot topics on people's minds, and they work pretty well as Echo fighters.

Dixie is a popular characters and can work as Diddy if following the "echo" rules that have been estabslished so far.

The above menitoned characters could have easily been either their own new set or even semi-clones. But that would take more time and resources that could be used on characters who could not realistically be echoed by an established fighter. (Think Simon, Ridley, Inkling, etc.)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm sure quite a few of you have seen this already but being as I listen to quite a bit of DKC2 music on the regular, I figured I'd share:

DKC2 was lightning in a bottle. It's neigh impossible to recreate the magic of a game like that.
Truer words spoken if ever. I guess it bums me now and then when DKC3 is sort of put down too hard due not being able to live up the high standards DKC2 set. I tend to love that game for it's own merits. (Mostly due being this tranquil, gaiden game-ish book-end for the trilogy)

Goodness though, that orchestra is godly stuff. Did David Wise see this video yet?

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlb-dr84nrQ&feature=youtu.be
Omg!!!! You have to listen to this, it was uploaded on the official smash bros website. If there more remixes like this from dkc/2/3 in the game, I'll be in heaven!!!!
Eh, just my opinion but most of the remixes in Smash 4 were nowhere near as good as Brawl to me but MY GOODNESS Smash Ultimate is making up for so much lost ground and going ALL IN with the music. This and Bomb Rush Blush are some of the best remixes I have ever heard. The way the beats drop in these songs is straight fire! Bomb Rush Blush at 0:33 and Gangplank Galleon at 0:53 give me goosebumps every time!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Truer words spoken if ever. I guess it bums me now and then when DKC3 is sort of put down too hard due not being able to live up the high standards DKC2 set. I tend to love that game for it's own merits. (Mostly due being this tranquil, gaiden game-ish book-end for the trilogy)

Goodness though, that orchestra is godly stuff. Did David Wise see this video yet?
Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoyed DKC3 as well (and DKC1, too) but DKC2 was just something special.

And I'd remind you that Dixie Kong was also a part of DKC2's magic.~

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
I do understand your feelings regarding that matter. When it comes to Dixie, yes she could be her own fighter or a semi clone, on the lines of Star Wolf, Luigi, etc.

However, this is stemming out of Sakurai's introductions, or at least focus on Echo fighters this time. There are so many characters already, and as a game designer it takes considerable time to make, render and balance a new fighters. There have been plenty of articles from Sakurai himself talking about the amount of time and energy it takes. He also comments how fighting games have "clones" or similar characters due to the fact how much time it takes to create a new one, but also to increase the roster based on time and resources.

So looking at the push for Echo fighters for this game, we look at the current foster and see what added characters could be used to add to the roster without taking up so much time, energy and resources to do that.

Dark Pitt and Lucina were no brain-ers ... since they were pretty much copies of the original character of Pitt and Marth. (Granted, story wise of their characters it does make sense why they would fight pretty much their original host.)

So to add "more" fighters, we would need "more" echos that can help alleviate time, energy and resources to do so.

Dark Samus, Daisy and Chrom were popular requests and hot topics on people's minds, and they work pretty well as Echo fighters.

Dixie is a popular characters and can work as Diddy if following the "echo" rules that have been estabslished so far.

The above menitoned characters could have easily been either their own new set or even semi-clones. But that would take more time and resources that could be used on characters who could not realistically be echoed by an established fighter. (Think Simon, Ridley, Inkling, etc.)
I understand all of what you said, and I know that Dixie could definitely be an echo if she's even in the game, but that's not really what I'm trying to say. My point was that with characters like Bandanna Dee, most people assume that he'd be a brand new fighter, but with Dixie, most people just assume she'd be a clone. And I don't know why that is. If you wanted to, you could make them both clones, or they could both have unique movesets.

And yeah, Dark Samus, Daisy, and Chrom had their fans, but they were rarely near the top in terms of highly requested fighters, and I don't think they'd be put in smash if the "Echo fighter" distinction wasn't made.(Though I might be wrong on that.)

I don't have anything against them(And I'm happy for their fans), so I hope you don't think I do, but Daisy, Chrom, and Dark Samus also don't have the history that Dixie does. She was one of the first prominent females that was actually playable for Nintendo, and she's in multiple games that sold very well, and are well-received in general. She's even the title character in one of those games.

Once again, I'll say that I'd just be happy to see her in, but I think a character with her combination of significant history with Nintendo and popularity deserves to be a unique fighter; but a semi-clone would be cool too, and it would save development time.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

I’m a pretty big DKC3 fan. Made me extremely happy to see it acknowledged by Smash for the first time with K. Rool’s recovery.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
i dont' remember because i wanted K.ROOL So much... but
did you think that Dixie do well in the ballot?
While I was more vocal into supporting K.Rool lately, you can believe that I made my part voting for Dixie.
I have at least two friends who also made what they could.
I think not only she have a numerousfan base, we create/battle a lot for her.
I remember very well made fan sites, theorycraft, movesets, imagery.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

The DKC 2 soundtrack is pure bliss. Hearing that orchestrated music gives me goosebumps. Plus that orchestrated Mining Melancholy is sooooo good!

Last edited:

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
I understand all of what you said, and I know that Dixie could definitely be an echo if she's even in the game, but that's not really what I'm trying to say. My point was that with characters like Bandanna Dee, most people assume that he'd be a brand new fighter, but with Dixie, most people just assume she'd be a clone. And I don't know why that is. If you wanted to, you could make them both clones, or they could both have unique movesets.

And yeah, Dark Samus, Daisy, and Chrom had their fans, but they were rarely near the top in terms of highly requested fighters, and I don't think they'd be put in smash if the "Echo fighter" distinction wasn't made.(Though I might be wrong on that.)

I don't have anything against them(And I'm happy for their fans), so I hope you don't think I do, but Daisy, Chrom, and Dark Samus also don't have the history that Dixie does. She was one of the first prominent females that was actually playable for Nintendo, and she's in multiple games that sold very well, and are well-received in general. She's even the title character in one of those games.

Once again, I'll say that I'd just be happy to see her in, but I think a character with her combination of significant history with Nintendo and popularity, I think she deserves to be a unique fighter or a semi-clone if you wanna save development time.
I agree 100% with you. Dixie is cursed with the concept of being a Diddy clone since the Brawl days. I still maintain that there is no valid reason for her to be an Echo, other than her body structure being similar to Diddy's. It's always the same thing: same body type as Diddy, time constraints, saving development time. You can say that of a lot of characters, yet Dixie is targeted due to being aesthetically similar to another character. Don't think it will stop unless Dixie makes it as unique.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh I didn't know you were Young Horsetail! Wow you're one of the oldest supporter; I've updated your username and kept the old one in parentheses.

Hehheh - I mean, I do remember you from the Pre-SSB4 Speculation days, I think? Quite been eons from those times.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
Eh, just my opinion but most of the remixes in Smash 4 were nowhere near as good as Brawl to me but MY GOODNESS Smash Ultimate is making up for so much lost ground and going ALL IN with the music. This and Bomb Rush Blush are some of the best remixes I have ever heard. The way the beats drop in these songs is straight fire! Bomb Rush Blush at 0:33 and Gangplank Galleon at 0:53 give me goosebumps every time!
Exactly what my brother and I agreed on, Smash Ultimate is going to be ultimate in every regard, it seems like they really put effort into the music this time. Smash 4 was a real letdown as most music in that game was directly taken from brawl, don't get me wrong brawls soundtrack was amazing! But I was a bit disappointed when it came to new music in smash 4, I don't know it felt rushed to me. But maybe it's also because I wasn't happy with the dk music.

Top Bottom