• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Turbo Dolphin-Slash glitch

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I don't have a video yet, but here's a simple explanation:
When you connect the upB and quickly cancel it into jump and then an aerial (uair is the easiest, most consistent way to preform the glitch), you will be rocketed upwards (similar to the boomerang glitch in melee)

I don't have an exact count, but on training stage I faired 20 times, and then did some other moves before reappearing on the screen.

using fair and slightly hitting a direction seems to prolong the amount of time you are airborn.

the glitch works with roy too, but he doesn't stay airborn nearly as long (presumably due to his fall speed because roy is still a punk).

I'm not sure if it works with any other characters, as I've only tested it with marth and roy.

Oh yeah, you can practice it on the sandbag in training stage if you want.
you can also do it off of DDD's waddledee/doos and I think pikmin and sheiks needles and like anything else you can smack

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I don't have a video yet, but here's a simple explanation:
When you connect the upB and quickly cancel it into jump and then an aerial (uair is the easiest, most consistent way to preform the glitch), you will be rocketed upwards (similar to the boomerang glitch in melee)

I don't have an exact count, but on training stage I faired 20 times, and then did some other moves before reappearing on the screen.

using fair and slightly hitting a direction seems to prolong the amount of time you are airborn.

the glitch works with roy too, but he doesn't stay airborn nearly as long (presumably due to his fall speed because roy is still a punk).

I'm not sure if it works with any other characters, as I've only tested it with marth and roy.

Oh yeah, you can practice it on the sandbag in training stage if you want.
you can also do it off of DDD's waddledee/doos and I think pikmin and sheiks needles and like anything else you can smack
It's not actually a glitch. Turbo mode allows you to keep your momentum when you cancel attacks. So if you cancel either Marth's or Roy's Up B closer to the beginning, or Ike's Up B when he shoots upward to catch his sword... They will keep that momentum and ascend to the heavens lol.

210stuna

Smash Lord
This has happened to me multiple times.

I don't really like it because I don't really know how long it takes, it's been more than a minute one time and then 10 seconds another.
I've done it with Roy too. Then you also gain damage the longer you're up there, it's no good man.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I'm aware of why it works lmao. I just called it a glitch for lack of a better word.
as for how long it takes, it depends on the character you are using (marth's upB will cause you to stay up there the longest) and how quickly you jump and throw out a move afterwards
to reach maximum height, the motion is the same as if you were multishining

as far the percent thing, yeah I don't advise actually using this. it's just super fun to use, similar to the boomerang glitch in melee.
I also timed people out with it xD

Top Bottom