• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Official Crew Thread - Legit the best crew in the world.

Cia

das kwl
When I team with you I do like 300 dmg MAX

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Apparently I become horrible when I team with you :lick:
nahh.. because i manage to only do like 40 damage.

so how is if that we manage to take 8 stocks doing only 340%??

you're so cheap.

which reminds me. we need to do more double peach. that team was always like.. our ace in the hole.. lolz idk why.

jfacksch - good ****. quit marth now. he blows.

also, can anyone throw a smashfest this weekend?? i've been getting really bored w. tournaments and i'd much rather just go to a smashfest :D

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
You're out of your mind, I dsmashed like 20 more times that you at LEAST :bee:

I mean when me and Dan teamed I did 830 dmg. =D
I tacked on 535 damage in that particular match. 1300+ damage? YL/Peach is ****.

Also, I remember you sd'ing just so you could get the last hit of one match and you ended up beating me in damage given by like... 5 percent. :mad:

@Jose 3

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
nahh.. because i manage to only do like 40 damage.

so how is if that we manage to take 8 stocks doing only 340%??

you're so cheap.

which reminds me. we need to do more double peach. that team was always like.. our ace in the hole.. lolz idk why.

jfacksch - good ****. quit marth now. he blows.

also, can anyone throw a smashfest this weekend?? i've been getting really bored w. tournaments and i'd much rather just go to a smashfest :D
2 peaches that can sync nairs are too goodz =D

<33333333

DC - Do I sound like someone who would do that to you? :bee:

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
tecnothing, to answer your question yes....you look like someone who would do that. You also look like someone who needs a hug. You also look like a cooler version of that asian kid from American Dad. You also look like someone I like to eat sushi with. You look like a lot of things.

Vanz....i left you a gift somewhere on the boards.

Dan....why am i leaving you posts talk to you like every day?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
tecnothing, to answer your question yes....you look like someone who would do that. You also look like someone who needs a hug. You also look like a cooler version of that asian kid from American Dad. You also look like someone I like to eat sushi with. You look like a lot of things.

Vanz....i left you a gift somewhere on the boards.

Dan....why am i leaving you posts talk to you like every day?
>_> I look like someone that needs a hug?

...... Well... I guess that depends on the person thats going to hug me :bee:

JFox

Smash Hero
sorry dude, im def going to the no johns smashfest this saturday. Last tourney I've been to was ROM and I miss tourney play. Smashfests are fun, but I really dislike doing teams the entire night- so that blows. I also like the cycle of disappointing myself in tourney play, only to later push myself harder to get better at melee, LOL.

Learning marth has already taught me a lot of useful stuff about fighting vs marth. Also it really helps my spacing and makes me a less reckless player. In addition, it strangely makes my peach move faster than lightning...which is weird.

Cia

das kwl
i'm simply just sicked of being camped out of a tournament.. lolz.

no offense to anyone who camps me. but it's just what every single one of my losses comes down to. i'm starting to seriously prefer smashfests where you are surrounded by cool people and can do crazy / risky things in matches and not feel like **** later.

one of my favorite parts of the last smashfest was having a full conversation w/ tecos mom while playing chris in a friendly. i wasn't even looking at the screen for a good 85% of the match and i was able to keep the lead. oorah called it "auto-pilot" which was like.. the perfect name for it.

so.. ****.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
i'm simply just sicked of being camped out of a tournament.. lolz.

no offense to anyone who camps me. but it's just what every single one of my losses comes down to. i'm starting to seriously prefer smashfests where you are surrounded by cool people and can do crazy / risky things in matches and not feel like **** later.

one of my favorite parts of the last smashfest was having a full conversation w/ tecos mom while playing chris in a friendly. i wasn't even looking at the screen for a good 85% of the match and i was able to keep the lead. oorah called it "auto-pilot" which was like.. the perfect name for it.

so.. ****.
A smashfest with Treble and Reik would be amazing (I would say Bass but yea.......).

Anyone know whatever happened to Reik anyway?

But yea seriously I miss the old school Tunes players.

Speaking of old Tunes, whatever happened to Marcstar? I haven't seen him since like my second visit to Neptune.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
i'm simply just sicked of being camped out of a tournament.. lolz. no offense to anyone who camps me. but it's just what every single one of my losses comes down to.
:( It's kinda sad but this is what competitive smash has come to.

Fox - Camps so he doesn't get gimped
Falco - Camps so he doesn't get gimped
Falcon - Camps so he doesn't get gimped or techchased for 999%
Marth - Camps behind massive sword and uses gargantuan grab the size of Big Blue
Jigglypuff - Camps spaced attacks and hopes opponent makes a mistake that can be punished with rest
Sheik - Forced to camp to compensate for being a terrible character
Peach - Doesn't have enough range or speed to not camp

I mean you don't have to camp someone who is obviously worse than you or doesn't know how to deal with someone playing aggro but that's really what the game comes down to. The reason I main spacies is because when your opponent is losing and they have to approach or lose by the timer you can have fun. All the other good characters aren't allowed to really attack against each other until they land a hit on shield or they corner their opponent. Then it becomes [space godlike attack] on their shield until they do *something* then **** them.

If low tiers were run more often it'd be more fun because only the really garbage low tiers have to only camp against each other.

i'm starting to seriously prefer smashfests where you are surrounded by cool people and can do crazy / risky things in matches and not feel like **** later.
Smashfests are fun but it's kind of gay when people sandbag massively or they get mad when you want to have fun and you pick someone who isn't good. It also annoys me when bad people switch to low tiers when I pick a low tier even though they are terribad with the low tier they picked and they would get ***** if they stuck with their main.

EDIT: I only have fun camping when

A) The opponent is a ****** and is camping when they are losing and possibly getting *****. Then I continually shoot lasers and either openly tell them that I'll camp for x minutes and y seconds(however much time is left in the timer) or they come to the realization that I will do exactly that and they *have* to approach. Breaking someone who plays really gay for the sake of playing really gay's spirit is great fun.

B) The opponent picked Jigglypuff. They deserve to be camped to hell and back and I will willingly do so. Doyoung complained about how gay my Falco was after I shot 200+ lasers every friendly.

C) I am locking my opponent down with Falco's lasers and reading how they are reacting to them and punishing accordingly.

D) I'm Link cuz Link is the fawken man.

E) I'm on Poke Floats.

Cia

das kwl
^ you just need to have a smashfest with the right people. i love friendlies for the ridiculous combos, tech chases and general foolery that comes w/ knowing i didn't just lose out on a ton money.

and jigglypuff doesn't need to be camped. if anything, i think more people should start dash attacking her shield.

:colorful:

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
^ you just need to have a smashfest with the right people. i love friendlies for the ridiculous combos, tech chases and general foolery that comes w/ knowing i didn't just lose out on a ton money.
Oh, I usually have tons of fun at most smashfests, it's just that I was listing my few problems with them. Brawl smashfests are generally garbage though. I don't need to hear people telling me that the game is good or that I shouldn't quit when it is awfully complete trash and I definetely should not enter Brawl tournaments.

and jigglypuff doesn't need to be camped. if anything, i think more people should start dash attacking her shield.
LOOOOOOL

JFox

Smash Hero
i think melee is too fast to ever make theory smash into reality smash. Thats really the only thing keeping people from camping the way people do in brawl. In theory camping beats aggro every time, but theory is theory. Even spam realized that laser camping has its limitations.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
i think melee is too fast to ever make theory smash into reality smash. Thats really the only thing keeping people from camping the way people do in brawl. In theory camping beats aggro every time, but theory is theory.
No, the reason that keeps people from camping the way do in Brawl is that you can attack if you're more skilled than your opponent. In Brawl, the other person has to be GARBAGE for you to be allowed to attack.

Even spam realized that laser camping has its limitations.
It really doesn't but it's super boring in some Fox matchups, which is why I use Falco against those characters. I don't like shooting Marth for like 70% in lasers and thinking "hey he's going to approach *this* time" and getting grabbed and comboed to death. I'd rather just not let him move at all.

i dunno

I think there are still great ways to play aggressive still. seeing PC, shiz , drephen, KDJ convince me of this.

edit: oh and cactuar too
Look what happens to those people for playing aggressive against someone who they aren't superior to.

PC - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QhGurghf1s&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWnYdrXT0JI&feature=related

Shiz - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qna80MbcAAc

KDJ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHkmgYJnRkM

I haven't seen anything recent of Drephen because all the vids I have seen of him make me want to vomit from how ugly his Sheik is and how people manage to play really dumb against him.

Cactuar doesn't attack, he just STANDS there. And then he kicks you in the face if you try to attack him.

I'm not saying you can't attack, I'm just saying you can't if the other person is camping and they're just as good as you. You have to be better than your opponent to get away with not camping in certain matchups.

Cia

das kwl
the whole point of me starting this was i hate how players make it so that you are restricted to like 2 characters if you want to win.

play anyone else and the opponent is going to think "well, i can't beat him normally. let me stand here with absolutely no intent to approach. it's a good thing i have this rapid fire projectile. i'm so glad he doesn't play the same character.."

it sucks sooo bad to be in my position. and if it weren't for this one tactic, i'd probably place well everywhere.. but yeah, i'm trying avoid tournaments if i can.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I feel like them vids demonstrate bad decisions more so than aggression. The players played aggressive the whole game and made a bad decision on offense. (on the last stock or two) Thats what I saw.

vice verca I've seen plenty of matches where someone camps hard and gets ***** from a bad decision in the mist of overwhelming offense.(maybe an attempted shield grab that gets them ***** or a DD that got read by marth into a Fsmash.

overall i agree to an extent. I dun think better, but just better matchup wise.

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
all this talk of camping...vanz just needs to play him some reckless oorah-kafriendlies where i go blazing rage in which we beat the **** out of each other... those always feed his soul to content. if there ends up being a bayonnefest let me know... ive been aching for some smashlove.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Agreed. He **** on his chest and said "b*tch you suck at zerg, learn a new race or gtfo"
LMFAO

Its crazy that by.hero was a really good player too :laugh:.

I feel bad for by.hero. He played so good until he fought Jaedong, too bad apparently it didn't matter if he played good or not :laugh:.

10jaedongisgonnawintheosl

Cia

das kwl
ok.. the BEST thing happened today. i was using peach. and i pulled a bomb. i went of the stage and threw it against the wall (on DL64)

the bomb.. ricocheted of the wall..

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
ok...the BEST thing happened today. I had a dream about Vanz, and we were using peach. Then he pulled a bomb. Then the WORST thing happened today....I woke up.

=(

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
ok...the BEST thing happened today. I had a dream about Vanz, and we were using peach. Then he pulled a bomb. Then the WORST thing happened today....I woke up.

=(
This sounds a little stalkerish.

The best thing today that happened to me. I woke up and didn't feel like doing my fields hw and procrastinated.

The worst thing that happened to me today. I got slapped by reality and studied fields. :(

Cia

das kwl
HAHAHAHA.. mann you shoulda been there. it was at grill's house. soo fun.

<3

i'm probably not even gonna go to tournaments anymore. no one feels like driving to spoc. and i have waaay too much fun at these smashfests.

Top Bottom