• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Truth About Toon Link Thread.

COEY

Smash Lord
Toon link is an absolute beast, he kicks more *** than every char in brawl combined. He just creams all over his counterpart and destroys the rest of the cast. I mean it's like a 100m race and Toony starts on the finish line. His stare makes grown men weap, his sword is so sharp it can kill a man without even coming in contact with him. When Sakurai put him in the game at first it was more than it could handle and subsequently exploded thus causing a delay in Brawls release date, this caused Sakurai to have to put him in without cel-shading and even this caused problems putting back the release date back once again. You might have thought it would have been better to just leave him out if he caused said problems, but before his addition the game was to be named Super Smash Bro's Farce. Not only does his lightning speed make even Captain Falcon blush, i am told the tip of his sword is made from fragments of Falcons knee. In short not only does he **** on every other character in Brawl but he isn't even old enough to realise the carnage and destruction that he causes real long term effects yet, though i'm sure once matured he wouldn't care about such 'trivial' matters as he cares not for his victims be they women or children.

Discuss.

KangKyu

Smash Apprentice
You should have put this in the Support thread =/
I like it but many people (thinking they are mature) will flame you for the overdramatizing...
But nice to see someone with the same spirit as me.

COEY

Smash Lord
You should have put this in the Support thread =/
I like it but many people (thinking they are mature) will flame you for the overdramatizing...
But nice to see someone with the same spirit as me.
Lol yea maybe but i thought this topic was important enough to deserve it's own thread. This thread is just really a joke but i would like for people to give their views on the matter and maybe to come up with some more 'truth'. And as for flaming that's gonna happen with every thread that someone admits to liking a character above an other, and actually it happens in most threads are about that too.

ISeeTheLight

Smash Rookie
Toon link is an absolute beast, he kicks more *** than every char in brawl combined. He just creams all over his counterpart and destroys the rest of the cast. I mean it's like a 100m race and Toony starts on the finish line. His stare makes grown men weap, his sword is so sharp it can kill a man without even coming in contact with him. When Sakurai put him in the game at first it was more than it could handle and subsequently exploded thus causing a delay in Brawls release date, this caused Sakurai to have to put him in without cel-shading and even this caused problems putting back the release date back once again. You might have thought it would have been better to just leave him out if he caused said problems, but before his addition the game was to be named Super Smash Bro's Farce. Not only does his lightning speed make even Captain Falcon blush, i am told the tip of his sword is made from fragments of Falcons knee. In short not only does he **** on every other character in Brawl but he isn't even old enough to realise the carnage and destruction that he causes real long term effects yet, though i'm sure once matured he wouldn't care about such 'trivial' matters as he cares not for his victims be they women or children.

Discuss.
Which is why I can't wait to overload my wii playing as him

Smash Ace

Discuss.

you sir, win the internet.

=2007=

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
he doesnt only we win the internets

he wins my heart

<3 coey

!!

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
that was a legend piece of writing btw

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
he's not like 7... he's 10 or 11... I know that because it's he's birthday... don't remember witch one...

RWB

Smash Ace
he's not like 7... he's 10 or 11... I know that because it's he's birthday... don't remember witch one...
Actually, he's twelve as of WW. It's his 12th birthday. Dunno if he's older in PH...

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
oh... yea... that's right... thank you! My point was that he was far away from being 7...

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I'm actually a little worried. If Toon Link is THAT good, he's going to be the Sheik of Brawl. Where everyone uses him because he's so good with so little learning curve, that the people who actually LIKE the character will be facing a million mirror matches against people who only use him because he's good.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be the case......

tirkaro

Smash Champion
toon link was chuck norris's first video game crush.
When toon link falls into the water, he doesn't get wet. The water gets toon link.
Toon link is the reason why ganondorf doesn't use his sword.
Toon link's wind waker is actually a metalized falcon punch.
Toon link can hop a fence without goron masks or damage boostin'
One day, peach's SSBM Dsmash, Pikachu's SSBB Dsmash, Fox's SSBM Upsmash, and Falcon's knee had one giant foursome. Thus, Toon link's Dsmash was born.
The background of final destination is actually a simulated video of what would happen if toon link ever lost a match.
Toon link is actually everyone's first video game crush. Anyone who says otherwise is just in denial.

Saigo

Smash Rookie
...This thread is epic win and receives my approval.

And now it makes sense as to why Toon Link no longer has Boot of Justice as his Nair. They gave it to him after everything, and they had to delay the game due to "production problems", meaning the pitiful Wii discs couldn't hold the force of awesomeness and would spontaneously shatter. That's why there was a disc shortage and that's why they had to change his Nair to something decidedly less awesome XD

COEY

Smash Lord
Gonna be updating this soon with Toon Link and his relationships with the other characters in brawl. Stay tuned...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
this is like a half-***** attempt to match the epic win that is the dedede is best char thread.

having said that, this thread is better because toon link > dedede.

ramiel77

Smash Rookie
toon link is literally the man, i mean boy? whatever, point is, he's epic and it's time that fans of zelda don't have to turn to other series to get a good sword wielding character to bring out the true spirit of the triforce. Toon Link is just amazing

daemonk

Smash Cadet
I've been playing Brawl for a few weeks now. TLink I think will come close to taking Sheik's repuation in melee. I have a feeling some people will start calling him cheap.

He would have already been a good character if he didn't have his projectiles. With his projectiles, he is pretty **** hard to beat.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
-Captain Falcon once landed a Falcon Punch on Toon Link. The world didn't blow up. Captain Falcon did.

-Peppy Hare once yelled do a barrel roll. Fox did a Barrel Roll....when he reached OVER 9,000!!! Thus, Toon Link as we know him was thus born.

-Once in a game of Brawl, Roy used his forward air, Mewtwo use his neutral B, Pichu used his neutral air, and Dr. Mario used his foward air, all on Toon Link at once. Needless to say Roy, Mewtwo, Pichu, and Dr. Mario died, the day before Smash came out in Hong Kong, no less.

-Vegeta once yelled out Fox's power level as OVER 9,000!!!!!! He broke his scouter because he was afraid of seeing Toon Link's, since out of shock, he'd probably die (from screaming so loud and epicly).

-Toon Link once stabbed a man in the head. The man died. Then, all of Hyrule died. Then, the universe died. But, the universe lived, because Toon Link said so.

-Link couldn't even survive in Hyrule. Toon Link killed off mother f***ing Hyrule.

-Toon Link doesn't use a sword. But what he uses is sharp, let me tell you.

-Toon Link is what you get when you merge 6 Captain Falcons in tights together.

-Everytime Toon Link yells his childish voice in battle, a Captain Falcon dies.

-Brawl takes up 125 blocks of Wii Memory. Toon Link takes up all 822 of them.

-The reason Toon Link is a Link semi-clone is because if he wasn't, your Wii would blow. Then, the Wii would blow.

-Wind Waker was suppose to be twice as long as it originally was (true fact). It wasn't, because Toon Link's power level would have destroyed your Wii....and your Gamecube, similtaneously.

-Once, Toon Link used his back air. Once, the world blew up.

-Originally in Brawl, there was a instant KO button and win button . Both were only slightly nerfed. We call them Toon Link's down air and back air.

-Toon Link has never fought anything or anybody he hasn't killed. Not even himself.

-Once, Captain Falcon, Solid Snake, Chuck Norris, and Toon Link got into a fight. Once, Captain Falcon, Solid Snake, and Chuck Norris died.

-The reason Toon Link is called "Toon Link" is because if it wasn't for the Toon (or cel-shaded) part, your Wii would explode. Then, the Wii would implode. Then, the world would explode. And lastly, Chuck Norris would explode.

-Sakurai origianlly thought of just have Majora's Mask Young Link returned. Toon Link then showed up, and killed Young Link, Roy, Mewtwo, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Plusle and Minun, Dixie Kong, Toon Sheik and Toon Zelda in his anger. Then, Sakurai saw there was nothing cartoony about this Toon, and put him in Brawl.

-Toon Link was in Smash 64 and Melee. It's just you had to beat classic mode perfectly in 5 seconds on each round with each character. Those who see the "warning: challenger approaching" died. Including it's creators. It's just now your Wii can almost handle it, thanks to the Wii.

-Wii Want to Play. Toon Link Wants to Kill. There was then, a mass murder in the Advertisment industry.

-The only thing funny about Toon Link is how many times he's slept with your mom. And she's dead. And he's 10.

-The Wii has more memory in it's harddrive than the 360 and PS3 combined. It's just Toon Link's epicness takes up 125% of it.
-Toon Link doesn't smoke cigarettes, cigaretees smoke Toon Link.

-Toon Link is so epic, f***ing Seaking died.

Seriously, anyone manly enough to team up with Pirates who probably just finish ****** people DESERVES to be in Brawl. On top of that, two wind gods FEAR Toon Link so much, they're his b**** at the note of the Wind Waker. Toon Link is just that epic.

Sunblock

Smash Rookie
I've been playing Brawl for a few weeks now. TLink I think will come close to taking Sheik's repuation in melee. I have a feeling some people will start calling him cheap.
A friend of mine is already beginning to do so :p Just because he can't beat me up as easily as in smash :3

KazuTheNut

Smash Apprentice
Canada, Quebec, around the border between Ontario

Discuss.
... Most of what you're saying is to bad. That means that there will most likely be a lot of people who will use him because he's good. As much as I like Toony, I might pass if to many people use him. I like being unique.

Riakou

Smash Apprentice
Caption Falcon: CAPTAAIN PUANCH *does 360' completly missing toon link*
Toon Link: Idiot... *Stabs falcon in the knee sending him flying to his doom*
Cation falcon: OH NOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZ
Toon link: Is it me or did my sword get longerrz?

KazuTheNut

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually a little worried. If Toon Link is THAT good, he's going to be the Sheik of Brawl. Where everyone uses him because he's so good with so little learning curve, that the people who actually LIKE the character will be facing a million mirror matches against people who only use him because he's good.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be the case......
*shiver*

I hate thinking like that...

Ah well, we'll have used him longer, so we'll be able to beat them easily in dittos...

Er wait, you have to specifficaly train for that... or something...

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
There's no need to worry about that. We'll definitely beat all the n00bs who think playing as Toon Link is a win button.

And also, if you look at the "Which character is your favourite?" -thread (or sumthing like that), you'll notice that not many people are thinking of maining TL.

KazuTheNut

Smash Apprentice
There's no need to worry about that. We'll definitely beat all the n00bs who think playing as Toon Link is a win button.

And also, if you look at the "Which character is your favourite?" -thread (or sumthing like that), you'll notice that not many people are thinking of maining TL.
BUT, when the tier list is up, and IF Toonie is in the higher spots, we might be in trouble...

Actually, I'm not worried about that, I'm worried that they'll all steal our colours :/

Top Bottom