• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The truth about diddy kong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiPyroShyGuy

Banned via Administration
Without bananas he would instantly drop to low tier. 98% of diddy kong mains spam his bananas the whole match. without bananas he only has peanuts which is a sucky projectile, and his smashes are just ok.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Without Snakes tilts he would drop, without Falco's lasers he would drop, without MK's priority he would drop, without Marth's range he would drop.

The fact is that Diddy does have bananas an that he won't drop because of it.

Also it's not like you are the first one to say this after losing to a diddy kong player...

Dekar173

Justice Man
lol pyro is flaming a fictional character hoping to enrage the community.

I give you 1/10 troll points for effort (one of three points, as your post is barely even 3 lines, including the title), nothing else.

More originality please kind sir :)

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
In all fairness he makes a point. If Diddy were stripped of one move, he would be a lot less strong of a character.

I can't really think of another character that without one move would lose so much of their game (minus recovery moves, obviously). While MK's Tornado is really spammable, it doesn't make or break him. MK would still be the best character without it.

Regardless, Diddy does have his bananas, so all speculation about his character without that move means nothing.

AntiPyroShyGuy

Banned via Administration
In all fairness he makes a point. If Diddy were stripped of one move, he would be a lot less strong of a character.

I can't really think of another character that without one move would lose so much of their game (minus recovery moves, obviously). While MK's Tornado is really spammable, it doesn't make or break him. MK would still be the best character without it.

Regardless, Diddy does have his bananas, so all speculation about his character without that move means nothing.
Exactly.

I mean how many people do you see spam to the point that diddy does? Almost none.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
its not just that tornado that makes MK great, its everything else. thats just a free move he has.

edit: before calling Diddys bananas broken look at things like Snakes Utilt.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Exactly.

I mean how many people do you see spam to the point that diddy does? Almost none.
It would be spam if you just had to press down b over and over. The way bananas are utilized makes it so that "spamming" is kind of an awkward label. Diddy pulls out tools to help further his game, and uses them to do so. It's not just using one move repeatedly, like spamming Falco's blaster, which requires mostly jumping and pressing b.

There are lots of mixups with bananas too - jump throws, glide tosses in several directions, different toss lengths (tap or smash throws), Fsmash while holding the banana, dtilt while holding the banana, peanut gun cancel to banana throw.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Diddy's bananas are the most broken moves in the game.
Correct, which is why it is senseless to talk about Diddy without them, since with them he is AMAZING and there are few reasons to ever NOT have bananas out.

I also find it hard to call bananas "spam", at least in a traditional sense, because there are only two and since they are items they can be caught/picked up, unlike 99% of all other projectiles (meaning your defensive options against bananas are far more vast than just shielding/dodging, which is all you can hope to do against, say, Pit's arrows).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom