• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The true potential of white pikmin.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Is absolutely absurd. Whenever I see a white in my list I spam fairs or other moves to get to him.

throw white to dash attack to another move at low percents, the damage will be RIDICULOUS.

throw white to grab to keep hitting then d throw to fair, the damage will be RIDICULOUS.

my god, I had one two hit combo after I threw a white and my opponent had 58% damage.

Does anyone else have any useful white strategies? I find grab to be the best, followed by dash attack.

keeper

Smash Champion
Grab them at a high percent so they can't escape as fast and just spam the grab attack. Do good damage and help boost your other attacks. Other than that, I just chuck 'em.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
No strategy? Tsk tsk. Have you played smash before?!?!? Seriously, just chucking these little... bringers of death is an insult to their ultimate power! The grab to hits of course does work, and if I had an army of all white pikmin I'd start chucking them, but I think the damage they provide is just too valuable to not get some really nice damage out of them.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I usually throw them at the opponent first chance I get and then go super aggressive. Because they come out so fast and reach so far, by the time the opponent manages to get them off, they've usually done at LEAST 12%.

But yeah, grabbing with them and using a grab attack is very nice.

keeper

Smash Champion
I've done a tournament with Olimar. I got 9th.

I don't much like the white ones as they have crappy normal attacks. I just use Pikmin Toss. I've actually thrown one off the stage before because I had no use for it against the opponent as red people just get them off easily.

I just like their range and them in the chain. Go Red, Blue, Yellow, and Purple Pikmin. >_>

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
O: wowa weewa. I find white's to be so integral. But that's why Olimar is so awesome, everyone plays him so differently. I think his metagame is going to evolve faster than most other characters because of it. So many people play so diversely. But seriously invest in the white pikmin ;)

keeper

Smash Champion
You act like I don't use them. I do, I just chuck them at the opponent to get some quick latch damage. They do absolutely nothing against anyone with a sword though.

Meta Ryu

Smash Apprentice
Out admist the icy plains of north america
personally I love blue as one of the best, because they hit decently, don't drown, appear fairly often, have god range for smashing (unlike purps) and throw INCREDIBLY hard vs other pikmin, so hard that you can sometimes kill the oppoent at a 100+ if not slightly lower %. Although purp do throw slightly harder, but not by much.

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
No strategy? Tsk tsk. Have you played smash before?!?!? Seriously, just chucking these little... bringers of death is an insult to their ultimate power! The grab to hits of course does work, and if I had an army of all white pikmin I'd start chucking them, but I think the damage they provide is just too valuable to not get some really nice damage out of them.
Just saying that this post makes you seem REALLY arrogant.

Why dont you just make the title "If you dont use Whites then you dont know Smash at all!"
because that is how you come off in that post.

Ykoahi

Smash Cadet
believe it or not i actually throw these things. most good players know these things will kill you if you don't get them off right away. So, some of them start going nuts doing all sort of weird attacks to get them off. Since they serve as a distraction, I can normally go in and work a few combos in of my own.

Purples though... fail..

keeper

Smash Champion
believe it or not i actually throw these things. most good players know these things will kill you if you don't get them off right away. So, some of them start going nuts doing all sort of weird attacks to get them off. Since they serve as a distraction, I can normally go in and work a few combos in of my own.

Purples though... fail..
Every Pikmin has their use. Whites are good for distanced damaging (and grabs). Purples are good for preventing gimping, knocking away opponents who are rushing, countering attacks by going through them, and by killing on a vertical plane (as well as on the up throw).

Just to show I actually do know that white pikmin are good, here's a shameless plug to a video I made demonstrating how awesome they are. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=NOE8inAreK4

peeup

Smash Lord
Lol nice vid, but it doesn't really show the power of white pikmin... like you said you can't get 6 whities to be latched on to a guy. You should have thrown one white then grabbed then d-throw, f-air, blah blah blah.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
if they have a white pikmin, u-throw...you will get 2-3 hits during the whole animation of the grab and throw...if you sit there and hit...good players will shake out after a hit or so......if you do any other throw....your opponent will jump and do an attack and have limited damage.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIb_qRclaYo&NR=1

see begining....

Olimarman

Smash Ace
I usually either toss or throw the white pikmin, whichever is easier at the time. Do terrible damage when used on smashes and aerials compared to the other 4.

Sage2050

Smash Cadet
sure, white pikmin have a lot of potential, but you have to be playing someone in a coma for them to do any kind of real damage from a side B.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
They're good to annoy your opponent if he/she is standing on the other side of the arena and thinks he/she is safe. Guess not! *Pikmin throw*

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Sigh

White latch, Purple Latch (which knocks them down with a white on them), Grab, then whatever

seriously White and purple just are for latching in most circumstances

honestly am I going insane for being the only one to post this?!:lick:

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
if i'm no mistaken......purple don't latch lol

but i have to agree with one of the people above...........i often throw away my white pikmin.........mainly because they die to fast and that means i have to get a new one and re group my pikmin before i plan my attacks.......i'm actually starting to dislike puples occasionally because i have a bad habit of not notcing the purple is next and mis judging the distance for a smash atk.........however i cant hate them.....they stop others dash atks and make aggressive players slow down

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
White Pikmin are best used for Side-B-They are the most damaging Pikmin but they die quickly.
Hence I think it's best to use them when the opponent is recovering: Who knows, maybe a white pikmin latched on to them may cause a state of panic.

Top Bottom