• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Transforming Roster - A Patience-Testing Forum Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hay woah, wait, what? You guys are pulling a fast one on me, AND you edited the post! (Thanks for that SmashShadow :3) What is. . .
But what about everyone else? Who removed K.Rool? Gah, nevermind.

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
He's going to make an image once the day is over. I believe the list in the OP is up to date also:

Underlined means this is currently a Ditto
  • No Ditto remain untransformed
  • Ditto -> Lyndis
  • Ditto -> Waluigi -> Ditto -> Diddy
  • Ditto -> Little Mac
  • Ditto -> Lucas
  • Ditto -> Robin -> Ditto -> King Dedede
  • Ditto -> Anna -> Ditto -> Villager
  • Ditto -> Mega Man
  • Ditto -> Bomberman -> Ditto -> Palutena
  • Ditto -> Anna -> Ditto -> K. Rool
  • Ditto -> Ryota Hayami -> Ditto -> Wario
  • Marth -> Ditto -> Waluigi
  • Roy -> Ditto -> Pit
  • Young Link -> Ditto -> Olimar
  • Dr. Mario -> Ditto -> Sonic
  • Pichu -> Ditto -> Ridley
  • Mewtwo -> Ditto -> Marth

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Seriously people? We only have one FE rep now, and I would like Marth in too, but Lyndis is more significant? I like Lyn, but there's no need in my mind for this. You guys should check out my essay. There are an array of other characters here that are more deserving of the D. :(
Given that this is supposed to be a forum game for fun, I don't think you should be taking it so seriously.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Pink indicates this was originally Ditto
  • Ditto -> Lyndis -> Ditto -> Skull Kid
  • Ditto -> Little Mac
  • Ditto -> Lucas
  • Ditto -> Mega Man
  • Marth -> Ditto -> Waluigi
  • Roy -> Ditto -> Pit
So this is the changelist prior to 12:00am CST, meaning our roster has turned out like this:
Forum Game Roster1.png

So far, highlights include:
  • Diverse/complete representation of Mario and Donkey Kong series
  • Basic Triforce trio + a fourth character in Zelda series
  • No extremely notable characters from each series, like Pit and Marth, are missing from their series
  • No lesser series like Earthbound or Kid Icarus are over-repped
  • Cast variety, especially on the bottom row
  • No extremely questionable choices
Downsides:
  • Pokemon and Fire Emblem, despite their sizes, lack additional characters
  • Meta Knight, Wolf, and Mewtwo, despite popularity, are missing
Overall, this is a very decent roster. And I'd like to congratulate you all for keeping track of one another and letting the roster stay respectable the entire week. No horrible joke characters... This time.

So starts our next week of The Transforming Roster. Depending on whether or the roster changes dramatically by the next week, I may expand the total number of characters in the roster. Those of you who posted after midnight CST, yours will be the first changes of the week. Remember, don't post again today, you two!

And with that, you may post again.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ditto -> Little Mac (not sure if the post that undid this counted, though, since it wasn't on the roster picture)

If that post didn't count, then Ditto -> ROB

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Ditto -> Little Mac (not sure if the post that undid this counted, though, since it wasn't on the roster picture)

If that post didn't count, then Ditto -> ROB
My apologies, Opossum. Rob to Ditto.
What? I don't understand what you two mean. The roster was made, then I applied the change of Little Mac into Ditto. There's no R.O.B. currently on the changelist.

Lugubrious, you can try again if you'd like on part of this misunderstanding. Unless of course I'm missing something myself.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Disregard, forgot that I posted late, and thus cannot vote today.

Sowy.

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
Ditto -> Sukapon

Curious to see how long he stays up there. My guess is not long.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
When choosing an ideal state of the roster, I would only feel expertise in a few areas, a worthy estimate of Zelda characters being how it is now with 4 (counting Sheik) reps, good Mario repping (though I am iffy on the beloved WAAAAAAAAAAAA (thanks Fal for removing him), I'd like for the sake of argument to consider Wario and Yoshi part of the overarching Mario reps), both the wanted big bads are in, as they should be. I like where the Kirby reps are now with three. The lower area is what gets me, though. I abstain from removing one of these representatives.

I'm dealing with a lot of internal conflicts, there is the strangeness in Star Fox, though Falco is unique enough now, he brings a different playstyle than fox, but how worthily? Of course I'd ideally like to have seen Protagonist Antagonist with series that don't have transient villains, but Wolf isn't the main villain. Now, thinking about what is ideal, I'd have to back off on this one. I love Falco more than I do Wolf, but I can't say much about what would be ideal. So I abstain from putting Falco back in.

Now we have the Psy kids, and I have a lot of bias in this regard, seeing as there have been no new releases in quite a while (aside from VC Earthbound, yaaay!), and how much I hated (read: past tense) to play against Lucas in Brawl, I'd want to take Lucas out, but I cannot deny the historical significance of this series, and do not feel sufficiently informed on the matter to make an informed descision. Again I stay my hand for what I think is ideal.

I'll skip Pokemon though for some reason I think it should have a 3rd, and F-Zero for now. Ice Climbers are too G to remove.

Fire Emblem. A game series that has so darn many good characters. It has been out of the minds of westerners for a long time, and I think that is the key for why many in the west do not realize the scope and historical significance of the Fire Emblem series, that's a lot of people thinking there should be fewer reps, and the people involved with FE in the west are divided against this front because of their fierce defense and favoratism against this front. This leads to a lot of stale conflicts about favoritism, I feel that this will be the most hardened topic to reach a conclusion on, but I do feel I have expertise in this area, and I do feel sufficiently informed about my choice, Anna, for the second and least replaceable Fire Emblem representative. All that really needs to be said about her is that she is the mascot of the series (not Marth, who is the most important Lord), and *points at my signature* she is unique through the roof, that is all. If FE deserves a second rep, it should be, in my estimate, her, in the ideal for what is best. I would be fine with taking the heat of removing Lyn or Rukina or Ike or Roy for her, but at this point in the game I don't think I'll be able to accomplish my goal. I abstain.

The deciding point for my next action came, unfortunately, when I looked at the Kid Icarus series and the F-Zero series. I do feel expertise in this. The F-Zero series, while it has no recent games, is a very historically significant part of Nintendo history, and as I feel moreso or on par with Kid Icarus. I love the character of Palutena, and she is most decidedly unique and I feel no comment on her deservingness, but if she is in I feel also there is a demand for a second F-Zero representative. As going with my earlier dichotomy of Protagonist Antagonist, and my want of another F-Zero rep as I feel there should be. . .

Ditto into Black Shadow.

I'd give Ganondorf a unique and inspired moveset, mind you, and make Black Shadow a more Luigified Ganondorf. All unique and awesome.
Well that's another silly thing about this (not per se this game, but the whole dang situation), everyone will see this differently. For some removing Falco or Ganondorf or Luigi would be like removing an undeserving clone, while others who would keep them have them uniquified and specialized. But there are ceilings and limits, Ganondorf's ceiling for potential uniqueness is very, very high, and Black Shadow's is as cool and high enough methinks.

No dittos left, right?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
For many reading your post, you've stated a well analyzed, thought-out perspective as to how the roster could be ideal. You went into detail of every character, every series, and every spoken possibility as to how, in your opinion, a Smash Bros. roster can represent franchises in balanced and worthy manner. Surely you've inspired others with your views.

For me, you changed Ditto into Black Shadow.
Good job.

And yes, no Ditto remain.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
*I'll redo my choice then)

Please do not take it out on my by autotransforming my choice back, legendofrob. Kamek's a good choice, but I like this guy better:

Ditto to Waluigi

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
darn. um.

sukapon to ditto.

someone change this into kamek please. :/
Ditto -> Sukapon
Ditto -> Black Shadow
Sukapon -> Ditto

Hold up, I didn't see a second post after Ditto was turned into Sukapon. They have to make a change, Ditto into a character or vice versa.
*I'll redo my choice then)

Please do not take it out on my by autotransforming my choice back, legendofrob. Kamek's a good choice, but I like this guy better:

Ditto to Waluigi
This doesn't help legendofrob either in that there are no Ditto to currently transform. Try again or wait until tomorrow.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Gah, so confused. I think I'll take pride in my insertion of Palutena into last week's roster and hit the road.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Ice climbers into ditto
Alright, something the changelist can work with.

Again, if anyone needs to know which characters can be transformed, it's as easy as looking at the changelist. If it's not completely up to date, just do a little reading of who changed what.

Alternatively, if that's too much work, you can never go wrong turning a character into Ditto if they aren't an extremely recent addition or one of the Original 12.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
This has quickly turned into a joke since I've left. Yes, I am calling the previous four choices jokes.
Ice Climbers replaced for Skull Kid.
Is Predaking even eligible? He's from Transformers, right? Guess I might as well add Goku next time.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
This has quickly turned into a joke since I've left. Yes, I am calling the previous four choices jokes.
Ice Climbers replaced for Skull Kid.
Is Predaking even eligible? He's from Transformers, right? Guess I might as well add Goku next time.
You could help fix that by turning one of the joke characters into a Ditto and hoping someone transforms that Ditto into someone sensible. Surely you won't let that hang on your conscience, will you?

And yes. In fact, Goku's already in the roster maker, so if he seriously lasts long enough, he'll be in the roster.
Last edited 12:08am CST
Pink indicates this was originally Ditto
  • Ditto -> Skull Kid -> Ditto -> Little Mac
  • Ditto -> Little Mac -> Ditto -> Lucina
  • Ditto -> Lucas
  • Ditto -> Mega Man
  • Marth -> Ditto -> Sukapon
  • Roy -> Ditto -> Pit
  • Falco -> Ditto -> Meta Knight
  • Ice Climbers -> Ditto -> Skull Kid
  • Zelda -> Ditto -> Predaking
You all may post again. Let's see how long we can get an character into Ditto streak going this time.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Gah, so many un-ideal characters. Since I believe most people will remove the other three un-ideal characters. . .
Fire Emblem. A game series that has so darn many good characters. It has been out of the minds of westerners for a long time, and I think that is the key for why many in the west do not realize the scope and historical significance of the Fire Emblem series, that's a lot of people thinking there should be fewer reps, and the people involved with FE in the west are divided against this front because of their fierce defense and favoratism against this front. This leads to a lot of stale conflicts about favoritism, I feel that this will be the most hardened topic to reach a conclusion on, but I do feel I have expertise in this area, and I do feel sufficiently informed about my choice, Anna, for the second and least replaceable Fire Emblem representative. All that really needs to be said about her is that she is the mascot of the series (not Marth, who is the most important Lord), and *points at my signature* she is unique through the roof, that is all. If FE deserves a second rep, it should be, in my estimate, her, in the ideal for what is best. I would be fine with taking the heat of removing Lyn or Rukina or Ike or Roy for her, but at this point in the game I don't think I'll be able to accomplish my goal. I abstain.
Though I think Ice Climbers being removed is a crime. . . The Sukapon one, it's just a weird progression, Marth being picked up in another Ditto line, it's effectively like Sukapon was made from Mewtwo, huh, oh well. The Zelda one is interesting, but while it may seem ridiculous to some, including me, someone would try to make it Zelda only, removing the Sheik component, sad, but I think it's an even bigger crime to the ideal roster that it's been changed into Predaking, a(n awesome) transformer. But it can't compete, I gotta fix da FE situation bruh! Now, I shall abstain no further, I feel confident in the matter now that I realize the roster's current state. Your update brought a few slight revelations, GRC.

Rukina to Ditto.
We're back at one FE rep, Marth. . . for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom