• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The Tournament~ [Tery/Zook win!]

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Chon's magical energy reserves were running a bit low after his series of magical techniques. Wanting to conserve his remaining power, he brought up his staff and held it in a defensive position; he barely had time to do so, because as soon as Warren got up, he towards him at a frightening rate.

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
Warren pulled out his swords while sped up and swung wildly with a series of furious slashes.
This guy's suprisingly good at close range combat.....
but...

*slash*

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Warren's wild flurry of blades was too much for Chon to keep up with; one of his Recimitars tore into his chest, cutting a deep gash into him. He fell to the ground, clutching to his staff like a life raft as blood began oozing from his wound.

His breif thought of using his most powerful technique died as he remembered that Warren had inxeplicably resisted every single one of his illusion spells practically instantaneouly, even without any reason to believe that they were illusions. Obviously, it occured to Chon that Warren was either a) a closet illusionist with an extensive knowladge of every single illusion spell b) mindless, as illusions don't effect the mindless c) extremely in the favor of an unseen god, which almost seemed to be controlling him.

With that, he managed to call "I give in!," ending the match between them.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
((Ooc: I'm sorry, but I'd really wanted to see more of Chon. Fuzz, WTF? You ***** this match completely. WTF dude. Chon FTW.)

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
((OoC: Zook, you didn't lose.

Fuzz, you are disqualified for extreme godmodding. The entire fight is considered invalid, and Zook is declared to be the winner. "Warren" will be unconcsious for the remainder of the tournament, and "Chon" will only have minor wounds.

We warned you about this, but you still crossed the line.

Come on man, did you really expect someone to fight perfectly after a **** crossbow bolt goes through his shoulder?

Oh, and you can still join the next tournament.))

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
((OOC: Werekill, you should OOC things. I understand you're frustrated but there's no need to be so angry. Also, for future reference, if you have anything extraneous to the matches, kinda like Quirky's post please use PM or VM for that. Thanks.))

A plethora of guards appeared surrounding Warren as Chon called it quits. A couple guards also appeared in front of Chon, aiming to take any possible hits. "Warren Stone. Your fight is over. Everything has ruled in Chon's favor with your unsportsmanlike conduct and combat. We are sorry, but you are disqualified."

A guard extended his hand to Chon, hoping to help him up.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Another guard announced the next matchup. "Would Quain and Rettuc please step forward. You two are the next matchup."

Tery sat in the stands and pondered about the last fight. Chon seemed like he was holding back potential. Tery looked in his direction. He was sure of one thing. If Chon was his next opponent he would have to be very prepared.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Seph looked over towards the remaining contender.

"Hmph, I guess that make you my next next opponent. This makes it easier to prepare.” Seph said to himself.

He then looked back at the stadium to watch the next battle.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Quain grinned psychotically, his swords crooning with pleasure. He scoffed with disdain at Warren Stone and nodded in respect towards Chon.

He stood up, the leather scabbards creaking slightly under the pressure of his grip, and began his way down to the arena.

"Rettuc, is it?" Quain called to his opponent. "The only way you're getting to the next round is over my dead body."

He laughed at his own joke before he unsheathed his swords with lazy flicks of his wrists, the scabbards arcing through the air to land near the edge of the arena, just before the stands.

cutter

Smash Champion
Excitement swelled all over Rettuc as he eagerly stepped into the arena and closed in on Quain at a comfortable distance. His leather jacket swirled around slightly as he unsheathed his sword -- Volta.

"Pleased to meet you Quain," replied Rettuc in a very slight cynical manner. He kneeled down slightly as he collected himself. He could just feel the energy brimming through him as his short hair started to stand on end. Getting back up slowly, he stuck Volta outward pointing toward Quain, beginning to transfer a slight charge into the air.

"I can assure that you have never faced someone like me before." Rettuc pulled back Volta to his side, smiled slightly, and kneeled down again, touching the ground with his free left hand and reducing the electrical resistance of the ground in the process.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Quain's psychotic grin softened as he detected something amiss. He felt slightly uncomfortable, like his clothes were a tad too small for him.

"Pleasure's all yours!" He snarled before Rushing at Rettuc, his swords held out his sides, ready to swipe them across his opponent.

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
((thats fine, Apologies for kinda ruining it for zook and again for breaking the rules.))

cutter

Smash Champion
Rettuc locked eyes with Quain. "Perfect," he thought to himself, "He has two pieces of metal instead of one." Rettuc thrust out his left arm out into a palm with Volta still at his side in his other hand and generated a strong electric field. He could feel charge being ripped from the already-ionized air as a distinct arc of electricity emerged and directed the surge directly at Quain's right sword.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
An arc of electricity slapped Quain's right sword in the middle of his Rush, the metal conducting the surge beautifully.

Quain fell to the ground, spasming, his own weapons betraying him. His overcoat hadn't protected him. His muscles bunched up, and his hands tightened upon his swords. Unfortunately, he couldn't get up, either.

cutter

Smash Champion
Rettuc knew his opponent wasn't expecting the simple surge of electricity he had just projected. Noticing that Quain had fallen to the ground, Rettuc easily remembered that he'd greatly lowered the electrical resistance of the ground. He clenched the Volta with both hands and slammed it hard into the ground with all his might giving out a notable cry as he concentrated hard. He directed electricity from his body into Volta and into the ground, hoping to complete the circuit and send a lethal current through the prone Quain.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Quain saw Rettuc slam his sword into the ground and cry out. He scrambled to get up, and was on his knees when a massive current went right through him.

He tasted blood as he bit his tongue, and he thanked whoever made swords, for the rubber grip prevented his palms from blistering. And he couldn't help but wonder, as he was being electrocuted, why the rubber grip hadn't worked before.

cutter

Smash Champion
Rettuc could feel the resistance of the ground starting to return back to normal. Sensing this, he pulled Volta out of the ground and returned back to what he knew was effective against Quain. He would rather conserve energy and save his more devastating attacks for much later on. Rettuc thrust out his left palm again and generated another electric field, causing a similar electric arc as the first one to be projected directly at Quain's right sword.

"Maybe you should quit while you have the chance. I wasn't lying when I told you that you haven't faced someone like me beforehand," renounced Rettuc.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Through a haze of red, Quain dimly made out the words, and some understanding of relief came through.

His muscles wouldn't respond, though, and it wasn't because they were still bunched up. It was because he was dead.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
A set of guards reappeared on the field. They prevented Rettuc from moving any muscle, just as a preliminary caution. A medic checked Quain's pulse, and confirmed his death. Two guards rushed on with a stretcher and immediately disappeared into the inner workings of the Coliseum.

"Rettuc is the winner of the third match. Would the last two participants please step forward and onto the battlefield."

finalark

SNORLAX
I got up from my seat where I had been silently observing the matches and entered the battlefield. I knew exactly what kind of tournament this was, the unpredictable kind. I sighed and hoped that my skill would be enough to take on my foe.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Seph got up from his seat and slowly walked towards the battlefield. "A death already? Hmm, I suppose if this last contestant is like the others, I better keep my guard up." Seph thought.

Seph looked up and down the enemy before withdrawing his sword. "The names Seph. I go by a principal, that I always exchange names with my opponents. Just in case they wonder who they're killer is by the end. I don't think I remember yours, what was it again?"

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
((OOC: Because this is the first situation, we'll give him until tomorrow. However in the future all grace periods last 48 hours after the responding post (in this case Seph's).))

finalark

SNORLAX
(OOC: Sorry for taking so long to post, lots of stuff going on IRL so I probably won't be able to keep up with this for too long).

The match started, I made my move, as swiftly and fiercely as I could I cried, "GUNGIR!" My leg was aflame and I brought my foot to my foe's face.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Seph attempted to duck the kick but it was too late and connected which knocked him back with Seph landing on his feet. Seph touched his jaw with his hand to confort the pain. "I see your not one for words."

Seph charged his opponant and acted with an upward slash shouting "Arial Rush!"

finalark

SNORLAX
Before I knew it I was in the air, I stabilized myself only to suddenly realize I was speeding toward the ground with my adversary in pursuit from the air. I readied myself for the impact and hit the ground hard. He was close, and ready to strike again, I pulled back my fist and cried, "Mjolnir!"

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Speeding towards the ground Seph charged his opponent. He noticed the enemy shouting and pulling back his fist. Remembering the kick that was used earlier and the shout he made using it, Seph jumped to the conclusion that his opponent was using another attack. Seph used his strength to move out of the way of the blow, but the momentum was already against him. Seph spun out of control towards the ground and crashed.

Wincing from the pain as he got up he noticed he was lucky enough to avoid the blow along with his opponent wide open for attack. With not a moment to lose Seph shouted "Oblivions Draw!" and charged his opponent for a final attack.

finalark

SNORLAX
It was only a few second but it felt like an eternity as the pain of a thousand sword slashes cut though me. I felt as if I was nearly dead, I saw though my blurred vision that he was open for a counterattack. Now would be the time to use it. I knew that if this attack failed it would be over for me. "Hrotti!" I cried as my entire body erupted into flame. I was faster and stronger now if only for a brief period of time, I charged at my foe with my fist ready to give a mighty, final blow.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Noticing that the enemy was still moving and had enough strength to fight. Seph cried out "I give up! I used up all my power in that last attack, I was sure that you'd be down, but I miscalculated." Seph exhausted as he was, stumbled out of the arena to clear for the next match.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The guards watched with moderate curiosity as Seph walked himself out of the arena.

A guard announced: "May the four remaining contestants please step forward, and claim a number from 1 to 4."

Terywj Zero stepped out silently. He looked at the remaining players, Chon, Rettuc, and the unnamed person who just fought. He then turned to look at the guards, his eyes bright with a fire. "I select the number 3," he stated.

cutter

Smash Champion
With eagerness surging through him, Rettuc jumped at the opportunity to pick a number while there still was some selection.

"I'm picking 4," burst out Rettuc.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Chon took a step forward, rubbing his recently healed wounds. "I choose 3," he said, loud and clear.

A guard walked up behind him. "That's already been taken," ahe whispered in his ear.

"...Make that 1," Chon said blushing.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
"That leaves the unnamed man with #2," a guard said. Everyone nodded, and a new guard stepped up. "Alright. Randomly generated, pairings of these numbers will commence." Tery looked at the remaining people again, and wondered which one of these three men would become his next opponent.

A guard ran up to the new guard, whispering something in his ear. The guard stated, "The pairs have been decided." Up in the sky above the coliseum, 1:3, 2:4 were flashed via sparking torches. Tery's eyes widened slightly, and he turned to look at Chon. A smile spread across the guards face, "However, don't think that this person you are matched with is your opponent..." Tery then understood. "This is...?" A few of the guards nodded. "That's right! The finals are a team match! The remaining two will be claimed victors of this tournament!" Some people in the audience began to cheer. "Terywj and Chon, you will take on Rettuc and...the other guy," the guard felt awkward saying the unnamed person, but that was that.

So then. Tery turned and walked up to Chon, extending a hand. "You ready, partner?"

cutter

Smash Champion
Rettuc's excitement rose to a fever pitch. Although he was fully expecting another round of 1v1 battles, he liked the sudden change of events to keep everyone honest. He looked toward his new partner with a bit of trepidation.

"You still haven't told me your name, but I can guarantee you I won't kill you like what happened to my last opponent," mentioned Rettuc with a bit of joking hinted in. "I'm almost certain we can find a way to synergize our powers and abilities to create an unstoppable force," he then continued in a more serious tone.

Top Bottom