• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The Tournament~ [Tery/Zook win!]

finalark

SNORLAX
"They call me the Red Vengeance." Said I. "However, you may call me whatever you'd like. Now, I'm interested in how this is going to turn out. I'm not used to fighting with a partner so I might just slow you down."

I gazed at my opponents, they seemed confident. I just hopped that it would lead them into poor judgment during our fight.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
This time around, multiple guards were stationed every couple feet around the borders of the arena. It seemed reasonable due to the inherest faster pace of a doubles match.

"If both teams are ready, then let's begin!" announced a guard, and the audiences exploded into cheers and applause.

Tery looked at Chon, and then at his opponents, "I'm ready when you are."

cutter

Smash Champion
As usual, Rettuc was ready to spring into action. He decided to start things up a bit differently by touching Red Vengeance with his free left hand and increasing his electrical resistance. At the same time, he focused his attention to Terywj's Zero Blade. Rettuc could feel a powerful electric field being generated as he sensed the voltage increasing. Without a second to waste, he could feel a current of electricity leave from his body into the Volta, which pointed directly at the Zero Blade.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
((Sorry for missing the chance to taunt, guys. I've been having computer/car trouble as of late.))

Chon was snapped out of his deep state of thought when the guard announced the start of the match. He quickly shouted "DISPLACE!" and it appeared that he had moved three feet to the left. "Try to hold them off for a bit," Chon whispered to Tery as he peered into the Red Vengence's mind, searching for anything that is important to him.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
"With pleasure," Tery smiled. He immediately dispatched a Fire Copy directly behind and above Rettuc, all the while standing in place. The Copy brought his sword down diagonally. Let's see your reaction speed...

Meanwhile, the standing Tery lit his left index finger aflame from behind his back.

cutter

Smash Champion
Rettuc saw from the back of his eye something flashing brightly and then the air behind him getting unbearably hot. Without even thinking, his instinct had him immediately roll backward but his leather jacket got caught up from behind him as it came off of Rettuc's body -- the Fire Copy just barely missed Rettuc, slicing up his leather jacket which burst into flame. The putrid smell of burning rubber started to fill the air.

The Fire Copy might have missed Rettuc directly, but he could feel the back of his left tight having a first-degree burn. He winced slightly at the minor pain, but realized had another source of energy in the latent heat the burn had as a way to generate more electricity. On all fours with him still holding Volta, Rettuc touched the ground, decreasing its electrical resistance. He knew this was the only time he could send an electric current through the ground without electrocuting Red Vengeance as his electrical resistance was still up. Gritting his teeth, Rettuc plunged Volta into the ground with one hand and transferred a strong electric current to complete the circuit and attempt to electrocute both Terywj and Chon.

"I'd like to see your silly little fire tricks get you out of this!" yelled Rettuc.

finalark

SNORLAX
The currents swiftly traveled towards my opponents, knowing now would be a good chance to strike while my opponents were caught off guard. I jumped into the air and with force began descending onto my opponents with my leg ablaze.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
((OOC: Finalark, which opponent are you trying to strike, Chon is standing to the far left (your character thinks that anyway), Tery hasn't moved and his Fire Copy is behind Rettuc. Also, I've asked Zook if he needs me to temporarily take over Chon since he's been having computer issues, sorry for the delay.))

finalark

SNORLAX
(OOC: Sorry, I meant to say that I was going for Chon. I was just kind of in a hurry when I typed that yesterday and I forgot to specify).

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Chon took advantage of Red Vengeance's unawareness as he sliced through Chon's displacement on his left. Chon leapt into the air to dodge the electrocution, but caught his left leg and stumbled downward. He then quickly murmured, "Hallucination." To Red Vengeance, Chon seemed to have summoned large towers of water about to crash down on him from above. Meanwhile, Tery caught on and his Fire Copy, badly damaged by Rettuc's electrocution rushed Red Vengeance from behind, swinging horizontally.

"Exodus Flame." Tery swung his Zero Blade, releasing blue flames which jetted towards Rettuc. Tery winced a bit as his body shook from electricity. He was able to absorb some of the blow, but it was obvious Rettuc's electrocution technique had worked perfectly.

finalark

SNORLAX
I saw the towers of water rise and start to crash down upon me. I swiftly dropped out of mid air began to run. I noticed out of the corner of my eye Tery was attacked Rettuc. I swift changed direction and ran for Rettuc, hoping I could shove him out of the way of the attack.

cutter

Smash Champion
The flames were directed at Rettuc and they closed on him rapidly. There was no time to think. The first thing that immediately came to Rettuc's mind was what he did to spring into action -- he thrust out his left palm out as Volta was still stuck in the ground and projected an arc of electricity at the flames, hoping that would buy enough time for him to pull Volta out of the ground.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Tery's Fire Copy just barely missed Red Vengeance as he burst into small flames. Terywj noticed what Rettuc was doing and continued to release Exodus Flames against Rettuc's electricity, but Rettuc seemed to be at the advantage. Chon ran over to Tery's side, and pointed a finger at Rettuc. "Whelm." Rettuc began to experience a mild to severe headache, as if multiple needles were being jabbed into his skull.

Terywj flashstepped amidst Red Vengeance's movement towards Rettuc, saying. "Chon, cover me." He then pointed his Zero Blade directly at Red Vengeance's chest. "Seriyaku." The series of unavoidable strikes flashed against Red Vengeance, dropping him to the ground. However, Tery also finished landing slouched and completely out of breath, panting heavily.

cutter

Smash Champion
Rettuc could feel a force slam him from his side. It was Red Vengeance, his ally, trying to push him out of the way when he saw Terwyj launch his Exodus Flame attack at him. Just as he fell to the ground, a sharp pain started to pierce Rettuc's head as he winced. Gritting his teeth, he grimaced as the headache continued to persist. He was on his knees and extended his right arm to the hilt of Volta, which was still stuck to the ground. It took him a bit, but Rettuc was then able to get his other hand over Volta and using it as a rest, breathing somewhat noticeably hoping the headache would subside. In the meantime, Rettuc glanced at the now-exhausted Terwyj and Chon.

Rettuc projected his left palm outward and pointed it at the Zero Blade, and fired a simple arc of electricity directly at it. He knew he couldn't do anything too insane at least until he caught his breath and the headache was gone.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
((OOC: Finalark is kicked. Sorry, Finalark.))

As Red Vengeance was knocked to the ground, he waved his hand, signaling defeat. A couple guards flashstepped around him and helped him out of the arena.

Chon noticed what happened and asked Rettuc. "Do you still want to continue?" As he said those words, he noticed Rettuc was waning from his headache so he created another illusion which appeared before Rettuc. A stone golem attempted to aim a left hook at Rettuc's face. Unfortunately, Chon could do nothing about the lightning at Tery's sword. Tery tried to move away but was caught in the lightning burst. Wincing in pain, he dropped his Zero Blade which cut off the electric circulation. The Zero Blade continued to shake and clatter with electricity. Tery dropped to one knee, panting more heavily than before.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
((OOC: I talked with Tery, and he said it was fine if I replaced Finalark.))

Seph walked into the spot where Red Vengence once stood. Seph looked at Tery who was disabled at the moment, Seph then looked at Chon who was concentrating for some reason. Seph smiled as he disappeared.

"No one to save you now!" Seph shouted as he attempted to thrust his blade into Chon's back.

cutter

Smash Champion
As the headache started to subside, Rettuc was able to pull Volta out of the ground. Seeing the stone golem in front of him, Rettuc immediately started swinging furiously at it, but it felt as if he was swinging at thin air. Each slash he took caused the air to become more and more ionized.

"Die!" yelled Rettuc as he continued to swing at the golem. Nothing happened.

"WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!?" screamed Rettuc as he continued to swing. He could feel his hair becoming very spiked and all the hair on his body standing on end as the air now became heavily ionized with charge.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
((OOC: Seph, I meant that Cutter and I would finish alone and it was fine if you didn't do anything. Sorry for the miscommunication.))

As Seph ran out at Chon, a couple guards appeared before him and Chon. "Stop! You're not allowed to enter this fight!" One guard kicked him lightly from the side, causing him to veer off.

Meanwhile, Chon noticed Rettuc was suffering from the fatigue and in so the illusion which appeared before him seemed even more real. Chon quickly ran behind Rettuc. "Sorry, but it looks like this is it for you." Chon thrust an elbow at his back...

cutter

Smash Champion
Rettuc was struck right on the back and fell flat to the ground, going right through the golem illusion. He lost his grip on Volta as it was just inches away from him when he landed. It looked as if Rettuc was going to suffer a horrendous 2 on 1 loss, but he could feel his body jump right back into action as adrenaline surged through his veins.

This was it. It was all or nothing. There was no way he could be able to hold off both Terywj and Chon even though both of them were starting to become spent. Concentrating as hard as humanly possible, Rettuc utilized the already-ionized air to form multiple electric fields, spawning their respective magnetic fields in the process. He amplified the magnetic fields until they started to coalesce and produce one strong one. He could see from the corner of his eye Volta moving around by itself along with all the other nearby metal that had now become magnetized. Rettuc turned himself around while still on the ground and started to manipulate the electricity in the air to manipulate the magnetic fields to his liking. He thrust out both of his hands, one of them pointed at the Zero Blade and the other at Chon, hoping to get any sort of metal objects from him to utilize.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Chon was blasted by the electric field, but managed to hold his ground, if barely. Terywj saw the lightning and tried moving away, but the lightning was directed at his Zero Blade, which was still laying on the floor. Tery and Chon slowly moved over to the collapsed Rettuc, both panting heavily and off balance. "You lost this one." Tery managed to say before falling. Chon lifted him up with one shoulder, but also began to tumble downward before a couple guards helped everybody to their feet.

"Congratulations, Terywj and Chon. You two are the winners of this Tournament!" A guard stated. Multiple medics rushed out onto the arena to help heal everyone's injuries. As the heroes got to know one another, a shadowy figure approached the coliseum. The figure listened to the talking and cheers from inside, drew a wideblade, and smiled.

To be continued.

-----
Congratulations to Terywj and Zook for their winning characters!

Werekill and I discussed this, and The Tournament's MVP goes to Cutter! Cutter not only roleplayed extremely well, but demonstrated fair sport with his roleplaying.

Stay on the lookout for the next two roleplays after this thread, which will be separately hosted by Werekill and myself.

Thanks for roleplaying!

cutter

Smash Champion
Heh, I figured I was busted when it became 2v1. Still though, it's better to try than to just give up.

This was pretty awesome stuff! I had fun with everyone in this RP and I definitely will be doing the next two ones. :)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hate to burst the bubble, Cutter, but because this series of roleplays is the jumpstart our request for a roleplay subforum, Werekill and I will be giving preference to other members who did not participate in this roleplay. That way we can get more people cycled in and more familiar with how a true roleplay would work if we were to accomplish one.

Sorry!

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff everyone!
ive already apologised before about the ways in which i stuffed up but in my defense this was actually my first attempt at rping. I dont know how many of you are actually new to this but yeah really didnt mean to be a pain.

anyway since youre cycling through people i guess i wont have a chance to brush up on my rp skills but im hoping this doesnt affect future games i may want to be a part of:p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Good stuff everyone!
ive already apologised before about the ways in which i stuffed up but in my defense this was actually my first attempt at rping. I dont know how many of you are actually new to this but yeah really didnt mean to be a pain.

anyway since youre cycling through people i guess i wont have a chance to brush up on my rp skills but im hoping this doesnt affect future games i may want to be a part of:p
No worries! It'll be fun working with you guys as Werekill and I prepare our next two roleplays. Hopefully we'll be able to send out a mass PM but if not, stick around DGames, it's bound to show up!

At this point we can begin further organization of maybe certain members who can be focal roleplaying leaders along with Werekill and I once / if we get a roleplaying subforum! Brushing up on our proposal needs to be done as well.

To the social group for discussion~~

Top Bottom