• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I didn't beat Z and I made dat list.
I apologize if I'm ignorant (just a little bit ahah), but how'd you make the jump to 3rd Sonic anyway? I remember how you really took the fight to Ally with Sonic, and you're a solid player in your area, but...trying to find more results around here unless I'm not looking hard enough. Hahah.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
$10 MM any time I ever happen to run into you, ever. I promise I will win 3-0. If I don't then you only have to give me $5. Lucas is a fun MU. :awesome:
I don't think u understood the post. What does that have to do with Stingers. Challenging me doesn't do anything to discredit him lol. And if u know anything about me then u know I don't give an lick about singles. It means nothing to me. Brawl singles is a joke no offense to anyone. Now I'll put any amount of money down with any of my semi-static partners for doubles. I promise I'll/we will win. :awesome:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You know, that's always bugged me. "This is a joke. No offense." And the people that like it are supposed to be like "Ohhhh! That's okay then!"

Put "no offense" at the end of everything that someone else may like. Get out of jail free card ftw. :p

Everybody does it. lol

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Mekos pretty much just Johns about Singles because his character is straight booty sweat and then wants him to be mid tier.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Mekos pretty much just Johns about Singles because his character is straight booty sweat and then wants him to be mid tier.
How do I make my new signature appear? What amount of characters do I need to utilize in a sentence kind sir?

Is this enough?

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
No Esam...Even if I played Mk and had M2k's skills I wouldn't like it. I honestly don't like brawl singles. I don't like the mechanics of brawl singles. No combos, u get more rewarded for playing defensively, a lot of lame broken things in the game, etc. This is what brawl singles is if u truly want to win 80% of the time. Get a % lead and then just camp...lame.
And I don't john. I blame my losses on my own actions even if I get infinited.

I've always felt this way. Nothing knew. Now brawl doubles!! That is a game. There is even combos in brawl doubles hahaahaha ;)

Lol all I wanted to do was defend my pal Stingers. And people have to challenge me lololol.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Let's get back onto topic. Lycan beat Fow yesterday in tourney...He also has some other good wins from Nv (I think he might've beaten Sk92 and everyone now in Nv technically at least once).

Choice is inactive. Remove him and put Lycan as 5th.

Mekos still sprouting nonsense about doubles. Carry on :lucas: main!

:018:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I'm bout to try out project M and I play Skull girls for my singles appetite.

I have extreme fun playing brawl doubles. That is why I claim to be a doubles player. And it's not nonsense Seagull. If u followed my tips u would do alot better in dubs.
I'll play brawl until the next ssb

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
:bee:;):):embarrass::woman::cool:

Alright!!! Yush!!

Teevee u are the man!!

In all seriousness it does take more skill(objectively speaking) and is more fun(subjectively speaking). It's a shame this brawl community doesn't believe in static teams and building a solid foundation of teamwork with that team.

Imagine if static teams and great teamwork existed since 2008. The chaos in brawl doubles would be so intense MLG and EVO would still have us!!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Mekos thinking people care more about dubs than singles overall.
Mekos also thinking that his doubles logic works with every character... including Snake/DDD where they have to play completely differently due to their character types.
This is silly.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Mekos developed his deep appreciation for doubles when the bullies would double team him on a swirly in school, little did they know they were creating a doubles genius who rose from these un-flushed waters.

:017:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's a shame this brawl community doesn't believe in static teams and building a solid foundation of teamwork with that team.
Wut.

What is static. Also, teamwork just goes out well when they know what they're doing,

You just look at the television screen and you'll easily know what to do when:
Your teammate is getting bodied (you just distract the oponent).
You and your team mate gang up for a moment for an easy kill.
Etc.

It goes on. I mean, it's not like we take it seriously.
We just know what we're doing.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Mekos thinking people care more about dubs than singles overall.
Mekos also thinking that his doubles logic works with every character... including Snake/DDD where they have to play completely differently due to their character types.
This is silly.
It actually does. And I agree with u. U shouldn't play doubles the same way u play singles. That is the mistake most people make. For example, a snake should use far less grenades in doubles than he uses in singles. Not gonna go into details tho. I hate typing. Call me on skype if u want a deeper understanding. And I know the community cares more about singles. That saddens me.

@EE - lolololol good one!

@Vin - U would think that certain things would be common sense but sadly the majority of our doubles does not have real teamwork going on. Paste any youtube video to prove me wrong. Most dubs are just two separate 1v1 battles fighting most of the time.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I meant that DDD and Snake cannot play the way that you/ESAM play due to the character being completely... bad at it.
They can't run in with a quick move to save anybody, as they'll proceed to get bodied for being ****ing huge/gimpable.
It's why ESAM/MVD haven't adapted your stuff... it doesn't work for Snake. :(
It'd be silly if it did though.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Lol, you can't just clash together and make the best of it. It would end up hurting not just your opponents, but your partner too.

And btw, you sent that video of boss and chudat vs. M2k and isai here.
By the watching the video, i'd say it's close enough. :p

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
@Nick Riddle - Yea I've been talking to Esam about that. MVD has to switch how he plays his snake. He plays his snake just how he plays in singles. That wont work. He even recovers the same. Doubles is not singles and until people realize that they won't be able to fully utilize what teams has to offer.

I feel my dubs tips part 3 gives a good explanation. U have to have a full mastery of yer characters move sets to understand how yer partner can best followup after u attack. I'll post a vid of a snake using good team spacing and teamwork.
It's Zex and Erow. I used to love watching their team. Zex and Erow are using teamwork while fow and sk are fighting constant seperate 1v1 battles. Try to see the difference between the teams. Zex and Erow are doing everything right. Team shield pressure, sandwiching, followups, punishes, team tactics(what the community calls gimmicks/c4 to up throw), help each other recover. Nick Riddle u are in control of your character. To best do these things u have to be "proactive" in your gameplay and space for it. Most people just play and "react" to various situations. This is their mistake. I guarantee that if you and shaky master my dubs theory u guys will win Whobo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np152eXAWus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDrkr1mI0Yg

@Vin - Not if u have great teamspacing and you and your partner are in sync. Most people don't have good teamspacing and do just what u say. That's why teams who have good teamwork do well in clutter fest cuz they are giving the other team heavy % and getting kills, while the other team is confused and hitting each other(since they don't have teamwork). That is one thing I abuse in dubs. I space so that the other team is confused as to what to do and hesitates alot.
U say that(it was close enuff) but when u are constantly utilizing dubs smarts there are small situations that cause u to WIN the match over a team that isn't.
A perfect example Apex. Otori and Kekara had way better teamwork than anti and m2k. Anti and m2k got by, by beating people in separate 1v1 battles.
Now when the teams faced it was close but Otori and Kekara won. The team with better teamwork should always win when all 4 players are around the same skill.

Alot of people have been asking me for dubs tips lately. I'm going to make a doubles tips thread for the community(I can reach more people that way) next week. I hope alot people take advantage of it.

MVD

Smash Master
@Nick Riddle - Yea I've been talking to Esam about that. MVD has to switch how he plays his snake. He plays his snake just how he plays in singles. That wont work. He even recovers the same. Doubles is not singles and until people realize that they won't be able to fully utilize what teams has to offer.

I feel my dubs tips part 3 gives a good explanation. U have to have a full mastery of yer characters move sets to understand how yer partner can best followup after u attack. I'll post a vid of a snake using good team spacing and teamwork.
It's Zex and Erow. I used to love watching their team. Zex and Erow are using teamwork while fow and sk are fighting constant seperate 1v1 battles. Try to see the difference between the teams. Zex and Erow are doing everything right. Team shield pressure, sandwiching, followups, punishes, team tactics(what the community calls gimps/c4 to up throw), help each other recover. Nick Riddle u are in control of your character. To best do these things u have to be "proactive" in your gameplay and space for it. Most people just play and "react" to various situations. This is their mistake. I guarantee that if you and shaky master my dubs theory u guys will win Whobo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np152eXAWus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDrkr1mI0Yg

@Vin - Not if u have great teamspacing and you and your partner are in sync. Most people don't have good teamspacing and do just what u say. That's why teams who have good teamwork do well in clutter fest cuz they are giving the other team heavy % and getting kills, while the other team is confused and hitting each other(since they don't have teamwork). That is one thing I abuse in dubs. I space so that the other team is confused as to what to do and hesitates alot.
U say that(it was close enuff) but when u are constantly utilizing dubs smarts there are small situations cuz u to WIN the match over a team that isn't.
A perfect example Apex. Otori and Kekara had way better teamwork than anti and m2k. Anti and m2k got by beating people in separate 1v1 battles.
Now when the teams faced it was close but Otori and Kekara won. The team with better teamwork should always win when all 4 players are around the same skill.

Alot of people have been asking me for dubs tips lately. I'm going to make a doubles tips thread for the community(I can reach more people that way) next week. I hope alot people take advantage of it.
:phone:

Woah calm down, I play different in singles and dubz wtf I'm safer in teams cause I don't have to worry about hitting my partner, my recovery is one dimensional so if you have a new way for snake to recover please share, snake is the exception for all of your doubles talk, you can deny it all you want but I kinda actually play snake so I would know

:phone:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
MVD watch those vids I posted!! That snake is doing what I'm talking about. It CAN be done!! U and Esam have to master yer team spacing so that u don't have to be worried about hitting him. U guys gotta be in sync. And the main thing that hits him is your grenades. U shouldn't use so many grenades imo(see how Erow doesn't use that much grenades). A tip for your recovery. I feel you go to high sometimes. After u get hit u keep going higher and higher. Yer right I don't have a full understanding of yer characters moves but one thing I imagine is that u fast fall and land with a back air(something with good pressure) and Esam covers u. Ur recovery style is as if u are recovering in a 1v1 fight without the fact that yer partner can punish whoever hits u. When u keep going high yer partner can't punish whoever hits u easily.

Also, sometimes as u fast fall as the stage is under u it is okay if u take a hit. Di so that u and esam have the other team sandwiched or so that u are just 100% safe. This allows for more teamwork options to take place(like esam punishing who hit u or him being able to better cover u).

We can talk somewhere else tho another time. Like facebook chat. I'm not good at explaining things quickly through typing. Skype is better as well buddy.

I want u and Esam to win Whobo. U guys can do it.

Dcold - He meant every character not everyone. It does work for every character but it takes a certain mentality. A way of understanding/viewing the game.
He said it didn't work for snake and I was just showing him how it does. I explained a little and posted a vid of a different snake player doing it.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
okay lets just agree to disagree...I love everyone and just want the best. But I won't force someone to believe what I do.
It's like when I prove a point people just ignore it. Nick Riddle and MVD says it doesn't work for snake. I post a vid of a snake player doing it. And.....:urg: So frustrating
These are fundamentals I'm talking about. Not character specific things. Character specific is just for team tactics. Like yea snake can't heal characters but he does have a potential auto kill for a team tactic. Every character can team shield pressure, followup(hit an opponent while it is in stun right after yer partner does), punish(hit an opponent right after he hits yer partner during his cool down time), and help your partner recover. This all just takes the correct spacing. Did u make it in time!? If not u didn't have the spacing for it and failed in your reaction. The key is to be proactive and constantly be setting up for these things.

Dubs smarts is a skill. Like player-1 remember when we teamed I tried to teach u. U got frustrated cuz as u tried to sandwich u kept getting hit in the back by grenades from a snake. Part of it is knowing which moves to do so that u don't get punished. And to be able to watch all four characters on the screen at once. I understand that not everyone can do this and some do it better than others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBIG6PVVycY

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Convinced Mekos is trolling after posting that song following his post.
This isn't even a top 5 thread anymore, regardless of who is correct.

plz stfu all of you and listen to radiohead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom