• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Thunderstorm Memorial Tourney (Concluded)

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Glorious
Though Ganondorf has finally broken free of his worst shackles, chaingrabs and edgehogging among others, while gaining spectacularly from Smash 4's system changes, It has come at a great cost; the Thunderstorm. No more shall Ganondorf bring down the unholy wrath of the skies upon his enemies...

Until now.

If Ganondorf has enough agility added with custom equipment, he can autocancel D-air again. That's right, the lightning boots are back. With his thunderous strength returned, Ganondorf shall dwarf the powers of all thunder gods combined. To test his newfound powers, Ganondorf shall hold a tourney to understand who best wields the power of thunder.

Rules:
  • 3 stocks, 8 minutes, best of 3, single elimination
  • Default agility and brawn badges equipped, all copies of Smash 4 come with default agility, defense, and brawn badges. These are all +21, -14, so you can find them using "by strength" organization. Your final stats should be: +7 attack, +21 agility, -14 defense
  • All custom specials allowed, before beginning a set, tell your opponent the specials you are using.
  • Anyone who selects other characters during this tourney will suffer under a 3v1 Ganon trouncing.
(Any suggestions for ruleset changes can be posted below)

Entrants
Blobface
Heavy Lobster
Enderwoman
Heropon Riki
Xinc
Potechi
Kyogokudo

Prepare youselves, for there's a hurricane brewing...

:ganondorf:Hurricane Ganon :ganondorf:

Last edited:

Coolkidd

Smash Cadet
NNID
Coolkidd95
3DS FC
0774-5050-1590
Switch FC
SW-1709-2409-3980
Dear god

Approved

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I'll give it a shot. When do you think we'll be able to do this? It may be a good idea to wait until after we get replay sharing to start, as that would enable those of us without capture cards to show off our highlights. On the other hand, who know what the balance patch could change about Ganon? I think it's important to consider these issues. Either way, let's celebrate the glorious return of thunderstorming with a festive tune.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
I'll give it a shot. When do you think we'll be able to do this? It may be a good idea to wait until after we get replay sharing to start, as that would enable those of us without capture cards to show off our highlights. On the other hand, who know what the balance patch could change about Ganon? I think it's important to consider these issues. Either way, let's celebrate the glorious return of thunderstorming with a festive tune.
I'd say we do it after the patch. Trying to organize and do an entire tourney within less than 2 weeks would be a mess, plus I'd love to make a highlight video at the end. It'd probably be best to figure out a date once more people have entered.

Inb4 Ganon gets thunderstorming back in the 1.06 patch anyway.

Last edited:

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
I'd need a precise date to be sure but I'll probably enter. Could you screen your equipments though? The stats aren't always the same even for the default badges.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I'd need a precise time and date myself. I'm only free in May and I'm not sure if I have the right badges (is it there to begin with?)

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
What's the name of the equipment & their effects that make Dair autocancel?
Also can i use my all out attack critical hit dorf?

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
Really? I thought the defaults were always +21 and -14 for the increasing and decreasing stat respectively.
Nope, it's random. For example I have some brawn badges that give +7 and -4. Worth adding to the main post so that we all have the same ones.
Tried doing it in training mode, it doesn't count as a combo it seems. Maybe I'm not doing it right too.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I think the ones you get in the beginning are +21 and -14, but you also get others that are random from doing normal things that give you equipment. I think everyone at least has the +21 and -14 equipment somewhere, but I could be wrong.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Yeah equipment you get from playing is normally random, but everyone starts with 3 basic brawn, agility, and defense badges. They're +21, -14, so you can find them using "by strength" organization. Thunderstorm setup is a basic brawn and basic agility badges. Updated OP.

@ Xinc Xinc would June work for you? I figured we'd start then since most people will have less to do.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm not too interested in this personally, but maybe you would want Potechi to enter this? He's fooled around quite a lot with a number of unorthodox things, and I dare say he's quite terrifying.

I'm linking this to him so he knows about it.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
I made an "EX" build for every character in my Wii U.
Everyone got the same stats: 20 Strength, -10 Defense, 9 speed and Smooth Lander...
except Ganon. He requires 18 Speed to properly Thunderstorm, so I decreased his damage and gave 18 Speed.
It's quite fun when we're in the mood.

If you're going for an Equipment ON tournament, why not add Smooth Lander too?
Custom Moves + Smooth Lander + 18 Speed Ganon is a completely new experience.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Yeah equipment you get from playing is normally random, but everyone starts with 3 basic brawn, agility, and defense badges. They're +21, -14, so you can find them using "by strength" organization. Thunderstorm setup is a basic brawn and basic agility badges. Updated OP.

@ Xinc Xinc would June work for you? I figured we'd start then since most people will have less to do.
That's actually worse than May. I'd be back in LA without my wii u for my grad school, meaning A2Z or someone else will have to come by (or I go to). lol

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
I made an "EX" build for every character in my Wii U.
Everyone got the same stats: 20 Strength, -10 Defense, 9 speed and Smooth Lander...
except Ganon. He requires 18 Speed to properly Thunderstorm, so I decreased his damage and gave 18 Speed.
It's quite fun when we're in the mood.

If you're going for an Equipment ON tournament, why not add Smooth Lander too?
Custom Moves + Smooth Lander + 18 Speed Ganon is a completely new experience.
Even though there's a challenge to get smooth lander, it'd still be too much of a pain to organize over having everyone just use default equipment, plus I don't think that challenge is on the 3DS anyway.

I'll move the tourney to May @ Xinc Xinc . I'll set up brackets and then we'll have the matches in order starting may 1st.
For anyone that's interested but hasn't officially signed up, I'd like to hear from you. @ adom4 adom4 @ Kyogokudo Kyogokudo @ Xinc Xinc @ Daeyrat Daeyrat

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Even though there's a challenge to get smooth lander, it'd still be too much of a pain to organize over having everyone just use default equipment, plus I don't think that challenge is on the 3DS anyway.

I'll move the tourney to May @ Xinc Xinc . I'll set up brackets and then we'll have the matches in order starting may 1st.
For anyone that's interested but hasn't officially signed up, I'd like to hear from you. @ adom4 adom4 @ Kyogokudo Kyogokudo @ Xinc Xinc @ Daeyrat Daeyrat
Sure. But I'd hate to impede if June would be a clear better timeframe.

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
I should be free for May 1st. I'd need to have a precise date, because as you know different timezones are a pain in the ass.

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
So May 1st is tomorrow (at least for me). How are we going to do it?

Heropon Riki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
atlantis24
3DS FC
4725-8178-7452
Was this tourney cancelled? whats going on.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Sorry, been busy with some school stuff.

Anyway

First round:
Blobface vs @ HeavyLobster HeavyLobster
@ Enderwoman Enderwoman vs @ Heropon Riki Heropon Riki
@ Xinc Xinc vs @ Kyogokudo Kyogokudo
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG For both the sake of simplicity and tourney balance, Potechi will be seeded into the second round.

1 default agility and 1 default brawn badge (they'll both be +21, -14), any customs allowed. Use this thread to organize your matches.

:ganondorf:Prepare for Thunderbeard!:ganondorf:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Sorry, been busy with some school stuff.

Anyway

First round:
Blobface vs @ HeavyLobster HeavyLobster
@ Enderwoman Enderwoman vs @ Heropon Riki Heropon Riki
@ Xinc Xinc vs @ Kyogokudo Kyogokudo
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG For both the sake of simplicity and tourney balance, Potechi will be seeded into the second round.

1 default agility and 1 default brawn badge (they'll both be +21, -14), any customs allowed. Use this thread to organize your matches.

:ganondorf:Prepare for Thunderbeard!:ganondorf:
Sorry about this but I'm confused. What's the name of the equipment? I'm surfing through my Wii U for it but I haven't seen any 21/-14

Heropon Riki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
atlantis24
3DS FC
4725-8178-7452
We arent using a Challonge or Skype to organize the matches?
Enderwoman, I am ready to do our matches

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Sorry about this but I'm confused. What's the name of the equipment? I'm surfing through my Wii U for it but I haven't seen any 21/-14
It should just be called "brawn badge" or "agility badge". You haven't ever cleared your equipment have you? Have you tried searching by strength?

Worst case scenario, try getting as close to +7 attack, +21 agility, and -14 defense as you can. This isn't a very "serious" tournament to begin with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom