• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The tennis racket.

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
GOOD EVENING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. WE ARE, TONIGHT'S ENTERTAINMENT. I ONLY HAVE ONE QUESTION :

Is peach's tennis racket actually useful. It seems to be one of the most useless, pathetic smashes in the whole game. I avoid hitting others with it, but is there any hidden benefit to it, or a specific way to use it?

XLII

Smash Cadet
tennis racket i find to be useful alot of the time when edge-guarding because of its knockback, plus its fast and has a chance of being increased reach golf club

Samochan

Smash Master
>_>

Tennis racket is really good at edgeguarding fast fallers, especially falco. On pal version after a single tennis hit not even fox can make it back if his damage is around 60% or so (after they've used their jump ofc). Not only it hits the sweetspotters but also the air in front of you, so it covers both illusions to the ledge and into you. Course it doesn't go below edge (like fox/falco forward b really low), that's what golf club is for lol. It's awesome cause it also semispikes and has fairly good knockback to boot. Golf club has more range ofc, but it has less knockback unless sweetspotted (hit with the tip, you can hear a different sound of "thwack") and it hits below ledge too. The pan only hits in front of you, but it's realy good at setting up below 100% or so, after which they fly too high for you to nair/fair em anymore. One awesome quality is also that peach leans back before the fsmash so you can dodge stuff and hit back. Adding crouching there also improves dodging abilities, for example marth tipper fsmash that would just hit standing peach will not hit a crouching peach due to it's swing (it's longest diagonally, a bit shorter horizonally). One can also use run away -> crouch -> c-stick to run away from opponent and fsmash back. Fox jumping from the ledge into dair that gets hit by a tennis racket will not make it back easily lol. Definitely not a pathetic smash, albeit the frying pan comes out too often when I'd need something a bit longer than a hand. :p

araknophobik

Smash Master
tennis racket is too good against sheiks who camp the ledge with fairs
when the sheik comes up for a fair
trade hits with the tennis racket
they wont be able to recover no matter what the %

ophanimx

Smash Rookie
My friend main's a Ganon, and tennis racket often beats his arial down-b (in those rare times he uses it).

The frying pan also makes a very satisfying sound..

JFox

Smash Hero
Tennis racket is my favorite. I only use the fsmash for edgeguarding though. Tennis racket has the most knockback, pan combos (but i hate it, cuz it sucks when u try to edgeguard and the pan comes out), and the golf club has reach but it isn't too strong.

Top Bottom