• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SWF 2008 Election Competition (Feast your eyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
So I was thinking about the coming election the other day, when an idea came to me. What if we had an election campaign that came from the Debate Hall. Let me explain.

Here's how it would work out we'd have 3 groups of debaters. Democrats (Liberals) Republicans (Conservatives) and a Independent group (Moderates, Liberatarians ect.). Each group would have debaters who share the same views. They would at first debate with each other on how they think the government should be run, discussing key issues and trying to persuade the SWF community as electing them into their certain party.

Now how would we do this you ask? Like any election, we would use primaries to get the total down to One member per group. Instead of states, we would have special sections of the forums. I was thinking 5 Sections. Brawl Forums, Melee/Tournament Forums, The Pool Room, The Media Forum, and then Finally the Debate Hall. A moderator would select a group of delegates from each room. So 10-20 deletages of each room for each party. So the democrats would have 10 who they would be voting for. The canidates would try to persuade their delegates to vote for them through debates and campaigning. Whoever either got more delegates, or more rooms won, (Im not sure which one we should do) would win the primary and would move on to the actual election.

So now we have one person from each party running for President of the Debate Hall. Now this is when it gets really good. To make this even more realistic. Each candidate would get a certain amount of "funds." So in order to campaign by making a post in a certain room or such, they would have to use funds to do so. As in a set amount that is set. We would have debates through AIM, that would be moderated by a moderator, with only so much time for each debate, and these would be updated regularly as they happen at a certain thread.
Finally, we would have the actual election, and since it would kinda hard to do an electoral college, we would just stick to the popular vote.

I know this sounds like alot, but I think it would be a great contest, what the prizes may be, are yet to be decided. But I was thinking of A custum title that says Debate Hall President, as well as a custum color, and then the symbol of a Judging Hammer (What are these called again lol).

I've already talked to CK about the idea and he likes it. The big thing about this is, this garner the DH alot of publicity. The activity in here should increase dramatically. And what better way to keep up with the coming election.

Post your thoughts, everyone who reads this post something, in order for this to get off the ground, there must be some vocal support, reading this won't garner anything.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
A gavel is possible, but the color probably not so much. The titles no problem.

What exactly would the president do? (asking more for the topic)

Colenstien

Smash Ace
This actually sounds really cool. I think you're onto something here.

And yeah the hammer is called a gavel. (Thank God for my Lawyer dad!)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Separate moderates from libertarians, they don't vote similarly, or take even remotely the same positions.

I'm in by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom