• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 3.0 Available!!!)

Jakor

Smash Ace
Easier to find characters and easier to save the image. With those two problems dealt with, I don't have any ideas at the moment. Just good job!

My revised roster for Melee.
Nice! This is the roster you would have liked to see in Melee?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Actually, having Zamus there was a mistake. But yeah, I think that would have been a better received roster for Melee, without even having a need for a six character buff with clones.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Actually, having Zamus there was a mistake. But yeah, I think that would have been a better received roster for Melee, without even having a need for a six character buff with clones.
I kinda like it, except for removing the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch and Falco.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
And Jigglypuff! But you kind of have to have the mindset of rewriting history. If Ice Climbers, G&W, and Falco had never been added, would you have missed them? But that would be what Brawl was for. :awesome:

Are we supposed to discuss the rosters we post like this? Don't want to DERAIL YOUR THREAD. Unless that's the idea. Making arguments and getting your thread bumped, lol.

Jakor

Smash Ace
And Jigglypuff! But you kind of have to have the mindset of rewriting history. If Ice Climbers, G&W, and Falco had never been added, would you have missed them? But that would be what Brawl was for. :awesome:

Are we supposed to discuss the rosters we post like this? Don't want to DERAIL YOUR THREAD. Unless that's the idea. Making arguments and getting your thread bumped, lol.
It doesn't really matter if we get slightly off-topic, and since this program is used to make roster, I think we can discuss them a bit too! :cool: But yeah, the main focus should still remain on the Maker.

But the Ice Climbers and G&W are two characters I really like, because they are very different from the rest.

Jakor

Smash Ace
I haven't received much feedback for the second version yet. Is there a problem with it or what?

Also, I want to know if some people would like to be able to save more than one roster. I can do that pretty easily, but I don't want to add an unnecessary function if nobody is going to use it. And tell me if the blue and red colors are fine as it is, or are a bit too flashy or hard to see.

I've started work on the third version, but just know that this one will take a while before being released, as I won't be spending much time on changing the Maker in the later weeks, and because I'm pretty satisfied with the second version right now.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I haven't received much feedback for the second version yet. Is there a problem with it or what?

Also, I want to know if some people would like to be able to save more than one roster. I can do that pretty easily, but I don't want to add an unnecessary function if nobody is going to use it. And tell me if the blue and red colors are fine as it is, or are a bit too flashy or hard to see.

I've started work on the third version, but just know that this one will take a while before being released, as I won't be spending much time on changing the Maker in the later weeks, and because I'm pretty satisfied with the second version right now.
You already liked the second version.
If you do another,you will be a lot more satisfied than you are now :D

Jakor

Smash Ace
Thanks to everyone who has downloaded the version 2.0 of the Maker! The number of downloads for the second version has now surpassed the first version!

As for the next version, I did have some free time to work on it yesterday, but I'm facing some annoying problems with a new function I want to implement. Anyway, just letting you know that work on it is going slowly. Some of the new functions will greatly improve the overall experience in making a roster.

And does anyone have any suggestions to make? Comments? Seems like the thread is just dying slowly. As I said before, any feedback is definitely appreciated, so don't hesitate!

I also thought about uploading a video on youtube to present my Maker there. Don't know when I'll have the time to make it though.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Maybe allow it so if I put a character in the roster and then I want to take it out, I can simply pick it up out of the roster and drop it in the list and it goes away. Can you do that? Not entirely sure what can be added to it at this point really.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Maybe allow it so if I put a character in the roster and then I want to take it out, I can simply pick it up out of the roster and drop it in the list and it goes away. Can you do that? Not entirely sure what can be added to it at this point really.
Yeah, I can add that without much problem.

Another thing I really want to know: Do some people want to be able to save more than one roster? I NEED some answers.

On a side note, I've now reached 100 downloads for the second version! Thank you to everyone who tried it!

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Yeah, it would be cool to be able to save multiple rosters like an initial roster, final roster, DLC roster, wishlist roster, etc.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Yeah, it would be cool to be able to save multiple rosters like an initial roster, final roster, DLC roster, wishlist roster, etc.
Thank you. I've thought a bit about it, and I have some nice ideas on how to implement that.

D

Deleted member

I would love to see the ability to hold multiple rosters. It's annoying to have to change out your old one for the new one.

Also agree with Holder of the Heel.

Jakor

Smash Ace
I would love to see the ability to hold multiple rosters. It's annoying to have to change out your old one for the new one.

Also agree with Holder of the Heel.
Thanks for your input.

I've had some time to work more on the third version, but there's still a lot of work to do. All I'm going to say right now is that the upgrade from the version 1.0 to 2.0 is nothing compared to the upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0. I have some really neat surprises, a few gimmicks, and a bunch of other stuff that people are surely going to like.

However, I think this will be the last version with major new features and major changes, since I'm starting to run out of ideas. That is why everyone's input is greatly appreciated, so if there are any suggestions, don't hesitate to say them.

I'm planning on releasing it in a few weeks from now on, although it can vary. I will finish by saying that you will most likely love the third version, which will end up, hopefully, greatly exceeding your expectations.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Jakor one suggestion, why not make it so that you can make 2 rosters on one? One for the Wii U version, and one for the 3DS version?

Jakor

Smash Ace
Jakor one suggestion, why not make it so that you can make 2 rosters on one? One for the Wii U version, and one for the 3DS version?
Yeah, that goes in line with what the others said, being able to save more than one roster. It's interesting to see that more than one or two people want that feature. It gives me a general idea about what I need to put more work into.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Add in a symblom representing the Wii U and 3DS version perhaps then? That way you can do both perhaps? Like adding in a small banner saying Wii U or 3DS?

Jakor

Smash Ace
Hmm. That gives me an idea. I'll look up to add something like that.

On a side note, has anyone noticed that when you save an image with Bowser, the color won't appear correctly correctly around him? I fixed that, but until I release the third version, you can fix it by opening the image in Paint and saving it again, then deleting the old one. If it does that for any other characters, please mention it, so I can fix it too.

jfed8888

Smash Cadet
Does The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 2.0) work on Mac computers?

Jakor

Smash Ace
Does The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 2.0) work on Mac computers?
Hmm... Good question. I can't try it myself, since I don't have a MAC, but you can always try. I think Java works on most platforms, but I think there is something that would need to be changed within the program. Let me know if it works or not.

jfed8888

Smash Cadet
I tried and I couldn't get it to open, it was coming up as a document instead of a program.

Jakor

Smash Ace
I tried and I couldn't get it to open, it was coming up as a document instead of a program.
Ah yeah... "exe" files don't work on Mac.

There might be a solution however:
Open a command prompt (terminal), and in the folder where the "SSB Roster Maker.exe" file is located, type in the following line:
java -jar ./dist/Smash_Roster_Maker.jar

EDIT: You can go into another folder by using the "cd" command, all you have to do is type in:
cd folderName

jfed8888

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the help, it's working now. It really is an amazing program!
I also have some suggestions for characters:
Space Invaders
Spyro
Inky, Blinky Pinky, and Clyde (the ghosts from pac-man)
Commander Shepard (mass effect)
Knuckle Joe
Samba de Amigo
Sackboy
Mickey Mouse
Rabbid
Ms. Pac-man
Yarn Kirby

Jakor

Smash Ace
Space Invaders
Spyro
Knuckle Joe
Samba de Amigo
Sackboy
Mickey Mouse
Rabbid
Ms. Pac-man
Yarn Kirby
Nice! Glad I was able to help. It must be annoying though to have to manually launch the program that way, but eh, it's better than nothing I guess.

I don't make the images myself, but I'll give that list to Oasis_S, a member here who has made the most icons yet.

jfed8888

Smash Cadet
Nice! Glad I was able to help. It must be annoying though to have to manually launch the program that way, but eh, it's better than nothing I guess.

I don't make the images myself, but I'll give that list to Oasis_S, a member here who has made the most icons yet.
Thank you!

GAMERGOD

Smash Rookie

:D Thanks~ Super simple and quick to use.

-Two most desired 3rd party characters
-4 additional female characters and two more that can go either way
-Two most desired cut Smashers
-Ridley to shut up the crazed fans and Rool for another big fat antagonist
-Waluigi for his abnormal popularity (and to maybe get him more unique and used)
-4 new franchises represented (two of which are Rainfall protagonists)
-GHIRAHIM
-Strange number because first time I forgot Toon Link
-Just realized I forgot Captain Falcon... ****

SSB4 Complete.
i do say....this is gonna be amayzah

GAMERGOD

Smash Rookie
Space Invaders
Spyro
Knuckle Joe
Samba de Amigo
Sackboy
Mickey Mouse
Rabbid
Ms. Pac-man
Yarn Kirby
im am for some of them but i dont get y u are wanting commander shepard in smash...that makes no sense...yarn kirby, i love that idea of yarn kirby and Rabbid and mickey even though he is not nintendo but still i dont care and spyro too....im also hoping that they get in smash some how

Jakor

Smash Ace
Wow! The number of downloads for the version 2.0 of the SSB Roster Maker has now surpassed 200! Thank you to everyone!

The version 3.0 of the Maker will arrive towards the end of the week, either Thursday, Friday or Saturday (unless there are some major problems, in that case it would be delayed until later). It looks very promising right now.

If there are any requests for character images that you would like to be added to the third version, now is the time to mention them.

D

Deleted member

I am excited to try it out. Jakor, could you give out a list of characters you're planning on adding?

Jakor

Smash Ace
I am excited to try it out. Jakor, could you give out a list of characters you're planning on adding?
Well, that will mostly depends on what new characters Oasis_S will make, but right now I have the following, which have been made by other people:

Pokemon:
Genesect
Keldeo
Eevee
Scizor
Blaziken
Cynthia

Other first party:
Grodus
Krusha
Panther
Knuckle Joe
Kalas

Third Party:
Pulse Man
Aeron
Viewtiful Joe
Lloyd Irving
Little King
John Raimi
Marche
Moogle
Knuckles
Sakura Samurai
Mama

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
how do you upload images on to messages??

HOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............ crap
this is awesome ... and i JUST made a really ligit 5 by 11 roster for ssb4
but... im actually not sure how you post it ?:embarrass:
im assuming you use the INSERT IMAGE icon in the message editor
but then it asks for a URL? so wouldent that mean i need to put it on a website??
or something like that??? ... or is there an easier way...?????:scared:

Jakor

Smash Ace
HOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............ crap
this is awesome ... and i JUST made a really ligit 5 by 11 roster for ssb4
but... im actually not sure how you post it ?:embarrass:
im assuming you use the INSERT IMAGE icon in the message editor
but then it asks for a URL? so wouldent that mean i need to put it on a website??
or something like that??? ... or is there an easier way...?????:scared:
You can use imageshack to upload your images online: http://imageshack.us/

You then post the forum link it gives you in a post.

And thank you for trying it. Version 3.0 will be coming soon.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
THANXX ABUNCH i think that worked?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/mysmashroster.png/

anyway before people start yelling WHERES ZELDA!! and WHERES THE DORF!!!
i can explain:bee:
you see ghirahim would take over zeldas moveset
and he's bdown would be to transform into metal ghirahim who would take on ganondorfs
moveset only without the wizkick of course SOO itill be like playing as zelda but instead of shiek you turn into ganondorf:awesome:......ok so that may not look right in your head but still:lol:

"side note" as you can tell i put IC and pluselninun and dr layton in a row
because those three would all be buddy fighters:awesome:

oh yah and ask if you care to know more about this roster??

Jakor

Smash Ace
THANXX ABUNCH i think that worked?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/mysmashroster.png/

anyway before people start yelling WHERES ZELDA!! and WHERES THE DORF!!!
i can explain:bee:
you see ghirahim would take over zeldas moveset
and he's bdown would be to transform into metal ghirahim who would take on ganondorfs
moveset only without the wizkick of course SOO itill be like playing as zelda but instead of shiek you turn into ganondorf:awesome:......ok so that may not look right in your head but still:lol:

"side note" as you can tell i put IC and pluselninun and dr layton in a row
because those three would all be buddy fighters:awesome:

oh yah and ask if you care to know more about this roster??
Hmm... I think you have some nice characters in your roster, but removing Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf while keeping Toon Link is a big mistake IMO, and I don't think Sakurai will remove any of those (well, maybe Sheik...). There's also a bit too many Mario characters, but other than that, it's not too bad.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... I think you have some nice characters in your roster, but removing Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf while keeping Toon Link is a big mistake IMO, and I don't think Sakurai will remove any of those (well, maybe Sheik...). There's also a bit too many Mario characters, but other than that, it's not too bad.
umm i guess i didnt make myself clear ? the roster i made isnt "removing" anybody its just replacing sum(not unlike mewtwo with lucario) what i meant was that ghirahim would be a "copy" of zelda in that he's bu would be a long rang teleport and he's bf would be a cuntrolled projetile and he's bdown instead of turning into shiek he would turn into he's metal form.
which would play like ganondorf in that it would have a warlock punch and a gerudo style move. AND SHIEK IS NOT GONE BECOUSE I ADDED IMPA who would of course play like shiek without the zelda part:smirk:....
...so yes i admit that physicly zelda ganondorf and shiek wont be there:( ..... but they'll be there in spirit;)

now ill admit there are alot of mario chars but at least theres no toad:glare:

alrix

Smash Rookie
Well, that will mostly depends on what new characters Oasis_S will make, but right now I have the following, which have been made by other people:

Pokemon:
Genesect
Keldeo
Eevee
Scizor
Blaziken
Cynthia

Other first party:
Grodus
Krusha
Panther
Knuckle Joe
Kalas

Third Party:
Pulse Man
Aeron
Viewtiful Joe
Lloyd Irving
Little King
John Raimi
Marche
Moogle
Knuckles
Sakura Samurai
Mama
I registered on this forum just to say, don't forget Rayman. lol thanks, great app

Jakor

Smash Ace
The version 3.0 is now available! See the first post in this thread to download it. Tell me how you feel about it! Also, there could be bugs with this version, so if there are any, report them!

Jakor

Smash Ace
Yeah, if there are any other requests, I'll take note of them.

Thanks to everyone who downloaded the version 3.0! Already over 100 downloads in like 16 hours! Crazy!

Does anyone have any feedback on this version though? Do you like the new features? Do you like having suggested characters? What about being able to save more than one roster? Do you like your roster being rated or is it useless? Is saving and loading rosters intuitive? Is there anything you would change, or add?

Top Bottom