• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
UPDATE:

I've started final testing the version 10.0 of the Roster Maker. If everything goes well, you will all be able to enjoy it later today!
Awesome!

Now is it really basically just adding the bajillion new roster images, or are there any minor/major changes to the actual roster maker?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Neat.

New version for a new Smash.

Though it may be a bit early to have a default Switch Roster as we still only know of 3 for sure.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Now is it really basically just adding the bajillion new roster images, or are there any minor/major changes to the actual roster maker?
In total there is 875 new icons. I've also fully updated the default rosters and many characters' attributes (including popularity). Also fixed a few bugs. There is one new major feature, which I will explain more in detail soon.

10.0 will definitely be interesting! Hopefully I'll be able to add all the icons I've saved on 9.1 to it as well as whatever additions you also add!
You will be able to keep the icons you added.

Though it may be a bit early to have a default Switch Roster as we still only know of 3 for sure.
Yeah, there won't be a default Switch roster for now.

Last edited:

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
OK let me redo this
In total there is 875 new icons. I've also fully updated the default rosters and many characters' attributes (including popularity). Also fixed a few bugs. There is one new major feature, which I will explain more in detail soon.
And which of the 875 icons are Cartoon Network characters.

Jakor

Smash Ace
The version 10.0 of the Roster Maker has arrived! Please look at the first post for details!

Since the update function doesn't work anymore, I've included additional steps to follow for users who want to keep their data of rosters and icons. If you need further help, just message me.

List of the main new features in the version 10.0:
  • You can now create your own icons with the "Create an icon" function! This option is located in the "File" menu. It's quite simple to use, but for detailed instructions, please look at the "Instructions" file. I'm aware there are some limitations to it, but I think it can still be useful for many people.
  • 875 new icons added.
  • Rosters update.
  • Added the series: "Splatoon".
  • Added a new button named "Open roster images folder" to the "File" menu. This will simply open the location of the saved roster images on your computer for rapid access.
  • Various bug fixes.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Got a problem. The RM is larger than my screen so I cant' reach the options at the bottom when it's fullscreen. Doesn't make it unusable or anything, but thought you should know.

That aside, working well and loving all the new icons. Even Odysseey and BotW versions for vets if we dare to dream fo alt movesets.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Got a problem. The RM is larger than my screen so I cant' reach the options at the bottom when it's fullscreen. Doesn't make it unusable or anything, but thought you should know.

That aside, working well and loving all the new icons. Even Odysseey and BotW versions for vets if we dare to dream fo alt movesets.
Would you mind telling me your screen resolution?

Something feels off here but I can't put my finger on it...
You're right, that character should instead be in the "Sega" section. You can still edit it yourself though.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
You're right, that character should instead be in the "Sega" section. You can still edit it yourself though.
I know, just thought it was funny.

Also, the new icon maker is great... but I feel like I've been gifted too much power. I don't know if I'll be able to use it responsibly.

Jakor

Smash Ace
I know, just thought it was funny.

Also, the new icon maker is great... but I feel like I've been gifted too much power. I don't know if I'll be able to use it responsibly.
Glad you like it. It's a feature I put a lot of work into. I had actually started working on it back in version 6 or 7, but I could never quite get it to work the way I wanted. The end result was always of poor quality. There are still some limitations to that feature, but it's better than nothing I'd say.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
1366X768 is what it's set at.

On a laptop.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Are there any high quality Celica roster slots that I could use? It is hard to find some prediction rosters that actually have Celica with a high quality slot in them that I could use for reference.

Last edited:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Just got the newest update about an hour ago and I really like it. I especially love the new create an icon feature. It's way easier to make icons now :b:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Last edited:

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
now that i'm back in the smash community with Smash 5 coming out, can someone cover these for me:

don't forget any of these, even those i just added in

Last edited:

fungun101

Smash Rookie
Glad you like it. It's a feature I put a lot of work into. I had actually started working on it back in version 6 or 7, but I could never quite get it to work the way I wanted. The end result was always of poor quality. There are still some limitations to that feature, but it's better than nothing I'd say.
I'm trying to save my roster but i says one or more Icon is missing

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Hi so I'm pretty new to the website and I want to upload some icons I made but I can't figure out how.. anyone mind helpin' me out? I tried the image, media, and insert buttons but those don't let me upload the files from my pc.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Hi so I'm pretty new to the website and I want to upload some icons I made but I can't figure out how.. anyone mind helpin' me out? I tried the image, media, and insert buttons but those don't let me upload the files from my pc.
What you can do is use an image hosting website such as imgur.com to upload the images from your computer, then get the share link and copy it in a post here.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Here's some of the icons I made yesterday. Imgur won't upload the rest for whatever reason but here's like half of the ones I made. I'll upload the rest later.
*Edit Okay nvm now they don't want to show up. Rip

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Just want to thank you for the big update, especially the create an icon feature, it is a lot easier than in my opinion than using gimp.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Here's some of the icons I made yesterday. Imgur won't upload the rest for whatever reason but here's like half of the ones I made. I'll upload the rest later.
*Edit Okay nvm now they don't want to show up. Rip
Make sure you use the right links. If I'm not mistaken you have to use the BBCode one to post them here.

Gamer-YTP

Smash Rookie
NNID
GTP376Number2
I'm so glad that there's a make your own icon feature now. That's so helpful.

Top Bottom