• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman

Start with a 3D character render like this:

Now, if you make an icon straight from that, it looks like a low res Brawl Mod, which it is...

But then you use the replace color tool to make things a little more vibrant, even though it still looks pretty low res:

But, you can fake it by using the burn tool on the shadows and the dodge tool on the midtones, using the blur tool if necessary to fix any sketchy spots, and voila!

Can you in this way create an icon for "Lethe"? I have no photoshop knowledge and my picture is low-res.

I'm not a fan of Lethe. But she is unique and can be a good addition to my roster.
3D render of Lethe:
Naamloos.png

Nova9758

Smash Rookie
Boop. (Also I don't have Photoshop, so I can't really do the colour switching thingy)

Last edited:

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Boop. (Also I don't have Photoshop, so I can't really do the colour switching thingy)
That I can do. Thanks for your effort, but I'm looking for someone who could use a little Photoshop to make it look more like the Smash4 style.

My request:

Now, if you make an icon straight from that, it looks like a low res Brawl Mod, which it is...

But then you use the replace color tool to make things a little more vibrant, even though it still looks pretty low res:

But, you can fake it by using the burn tool on the shadows and the dodge tool on the midtones, using the blur tool if necessary to fix any sketchy spots, and voila!

Can you in this way create an icon for "Lethe"? I have no photoshop knowledge and my picture is low-res.

I'm not a fan of Lethe. But she is unique and can be a good addition to my roster.
3D render of Lethe:View attachment 93541

Troykv

Smash Master
That I can do. Thanks for your effort, but I'm looking for someone who could use a little Photoshop to make it look more like the Smash4 style.

My request:

3D render of Lethe:View attachment 93541
Where do you found that 3D render?

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
New Icons:

Revamped:

Jakor Jakor *Arvis is Alvis. His name is Alvis in the Japanese version, and Arvis in international releases.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'll provide the two Fiora renders I want into icons.

And if the name below the icons could be "Mecha-Fiora", that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So the Roster Maker includes icons with series symbols to represent a character rep from a certain series. However, I absolutely hated that the quality of the icons are extremely inconsistent of each other and/or just flat out bad (not to mention it's missing a bunch).

So took the liberty of making new & improved versions of these. Credit for the images is Smash Wiki's Toomai:

Series debuted in Super Smash Bros.

Series debuted in Super Smash Bros. Melee

Series debuted in Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Series debuted in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U

Icons used for miscellaneous purposes on Smash Wiki

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I know the first one is Pac-Village from Pac-Man World 2, but is the second one from Sonic 06? It looks like a stage from that game, (Kingdom Valley, I think) but I'm not sure.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I have a few requests,

Fiora

Fiora (Less-spoilerly version)

Tingle

Lloyd

Yellow Devil

Last edited:

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
My requests:

I'm not a fan of Lethe. But she is unique and can be a good addition to my roster (better than Cat Mario)
3D render of Lethe:

-----------------------------------------------------------

And an icon of Slippy please!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Actually, does anyone have non-dojo versions of Sm4sh Corrin, Bayonetta & Cloud? They seem out of place on my roster. Thank you. ;D

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Hey, if it's not too much to ask for, does anybody have (or is willing to make) these following icons?

- The new characters from Hyrule Warriors Legends (Toon Link, Tetra, King of Red Lions, Skull Kid) (I don't need Linkle)
- The Hyrule Warriors render for Young Link, except labelled "Masked Link"
- Henry Fleming from Codename S.T.E.A.M.
- Rash of Battletoads fame w/ his render from Killer Instinct

Thanks in advance!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey, if it's not too much to ask for, does anybody have (or is willing to make) these following icons?

- The new characters from Hyrule Warriors Legends (Toon Link, Tetra, King of Red Lions, Skull Kid) (I don't need Linkle)
- The Hyrule Warriors render for Young Link, except labelled "Masked Link"
- Henry Fleming from Codename S.T.E.A.M.
- Rash of Battletoads fame w/ his render from Killer Instinct

Thanks in advance!
Didn't make this one, but whenever someone needs it, I've got it. :p
IconHenry Fleming.png

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Yay, new icons! Plus some stages. Seriously, what's with ALL the Pokemon being in this thing? ^^

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A small selection of my own requests
Hydreigon (Pokemon)

Staraptor (Pokemon)

Sharpedo (Pokemon)

Scrafty (Pokemon)

Tifa (Final Fantasy VII)

Terra (Final Fantasy VI)

Tali (Mass Effect)

Garrus (Mass Effect)
(hope the glow isn't a problem, was a ***** to find a decent Garrus)

Tai'Fu (Tai'Fu Wrath of the Tiger)
(PlayStation oldie)
I would do these myself but I'm lazy...

Last edited:

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
upload_2016-2-3_20-4-58.png

Jake

Minerva

-------------
Can I get these icons?

Last edited:

Wolf29

Smash Cadet
Can I get an Icon of Isaac and Matthew in the same slot, thanks in advance.
Bearded Ryu From SF5, and Mega Rayquaza also.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Arcade Bunny

Yuuri

Last edited:

XxZeLoneWolfxX

Smash Rookie
NNID
XxZeLoneWolfxX
3DS FC
2750-2000-9375
Hi, I've been using the Roster Maker for a while now, but I saw people were making requests so I finally made an account. I was wondering if someone could make an icon for this image of Squall. It'd be much appreciated!

Top Bottom