• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

Jakor

Smash Ace
How do I edit the attributes of new icons I added?
Click on the "Character info" button after having selected the character you want to modify. In the window that appears, you can edit the attributes by clicking on the pencil icons next to them.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Picked it up last night. Awesome idea.
Is there I way to edit the name tags? I'd like to change the name of the unknown player tag to introduce a 'Create New Fighter!' thing.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I was sure I saw a Ditto icon named random somewhere. Can someone make that for me? It's ditto with the word random in place of its name, to take the random spot.

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
One problem it says that I have to reinstall it sooo what should I do then?Download it again?

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702

IconSandbag
Series: Super Smash Bros.
Alignment: Neutral
Popularity: 0.1
Debut: Super Smash Bros. Melee (2001)

just cause I can... but it took FOREVER to make... that is only because the only program I have is paint and I have to coppy and past everything in squares... what a drag... oh well here it is anyways

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Has someone already made an icon for Sylveon from Pokemon X & Y? If so, please direct me to the page the icon's on. If not, anyone feel free to pick it up whenever you can work on it.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
image.jpg

Can I have an HD Toon Link, and HD Tetra/ Toon Zelda (with Tetra on the left please.
And Diddy Kong using his Tropical Freeze Artwork

Also I know my cropping on Toon Zelda and Diddy is terrible, if someone makes these icons, please fix the black around Zelda and Diddy.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Picked it up last night. Awesome idea.

Is there I way to edit the name tags? I'd like to change the name of the unknown player tag to introduce a 'Create New Fighter!' thing.
You can't directly change the name of an icon, because the name is used to obtain the corresponding image file from the "images" folder. Best way to add one would be to copy an existing image and modify it, or start from the templates in the "utils" folder. Once the icon is added, start the program and use the "Add new character icons" button from the "File" menu.

One problem it says that I have to reinstall it sooo what should I do then?Download it again?
Well, Idk what your problem is. You don't have to install the program, just unzip the archive to a directory on your computer and then double click on the "exe" or "jar" file. Also make sure you have Java installed on your computer.

Has someone already made an icon for Sylveon from Pokemon X & Y? If so, please direct me to the page the icon's on. If not, anyone feel free to pick it up whenever you can work on it.
Here is the icon from Gibdo Knight:

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
You can't directly change the name of an icon, because the name is used to obtain the corresponding image file from the "images" folder. Best way to add one would be to copy an existing image and modify it, or start from the templates in the "utils" folder. Once the icon is added, start the program and use the "Add new character icons" button from the "File" menu.

Well, Idk what your problem is. You don't have to install the program, just unzip the archive to a directory on your computer and then double click on the "exe" or "jar" file. Also make sure you have Java installed on your computer.

Here is the icon from Gibdo Knight:
java is installed and I did what you said and it says "This version of roster maker dosent run of this version of windows"

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
Really? This message is weird, what version of Windows are you using?
I realarty..........................................I dont know what version it is myself*DERP* ill have to check after im done with my brawl modding and turn it of so I can see what version it is

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Okay, thanks for the help. :smash: Good practice for others I'll try doing later.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
My first attempt at an icon, one for a 'Create New Fighter' option;

IconCreate.png

It's plain looking now but I'm going to make a better one later.

[EDIT] Already went one better.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One suggestion for an update. Add buttons for the old games rosters without unlockables. Not essential I know but I'm just throwing this out there.

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
I really wish we could change the rosters for the old games, to like, change which icons we want for the characters and such.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Good to see this place back up. Just downloaded to my laptop for fun while I'm away from home :)

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
For Mario (+ Yoshi, Wario & DK): Here
For Zelda: Here
For Other Nintendo: Here
For Pokémon: Trainers, items, stages and Gen 1-2: Here / Gen 3-7 Pokemons: Here
For Other Third Party: Here
For Non-Video game: Here
Third Party with Character(s) in Smash
Sonic

Locations

Bayonetta

Atlus

Chu Chu Rocket

Pocket Kingdom

Other
Metal Gear

Castlevania

Bomberman

Gradius & Parodius

Silent Hill

Yu-Gi-Oh! Not videogame, but Konami has videogame lisence for it, so I put it here.

Boktai

Other

Hudson Soft
Mega Man

Mega Man X

Mega Man Zero

Mega Man ZX

Mega Man Legends

Mega Man Battle Network

Mega Man Star Force

Stages

Other for characters already in roster maker
Street Fighter

Darkstalkers

Resident Evil

Monster Hunter

Devil May Cry

Ace Attorney

Ghost 'N Gargoyles

Okami

Misc

Stages
Pac-Man

Digimon

Tekken

SoulCalibur

Tales of

Dark Souls

Other

Stages
Final Fantasy

Dragon Quest

Kingdom Hearts

TAITO

Other

Stages
With non-playable character in Smash
Shovel Knight

Plague of Shadows

Specter of Torment

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Can someone PLEASE make me an HD Toon Link, an HD tetra/Toon Zelda, A tropical freeze Diddy Kong, and Luigi using his design from the new smash game!
P.S. I have pictures of all hese characters higher on the page.

EDIT: I found all the icons I wanted except Luigi and Diddy in Gibdo Knights Icons on page 5

Attachments

Jakor

Smash Ace
I have a question for users here. Would you prefer putting custom icons in a separate folder from the default ones? And would you like if the images in the folder where organized in sub-folders by series?

Aside from that, I'll take the new suggestions in consideration for future updates. I've done a lot of work already on the next version, but I still have a lot more to do before releasing it. It will be a big update when it is ready.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
No I like having them all togeather. But I would love it if there was say a peach (2) already when you made a peach (3) it would coppy peach (2)'s information
edit: oh that's what you mean, ok, I would like them organized by franchise

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm one of those guys that love having everything organized properly, so I would love if everything was organized per franchise.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
I have a question for users here. Would you prefer putting custom icons in a separate folder from the default ones? And would you like if the images in the folder where organized in sub-folders by series?

Aside from that, I'll take the new suggestions in consideration for future updates. I've done a lot of work already on the next version, but I still have a lot more to do before releasing it. It will be a big update when it is ready.
Organizing by franchise would be a huge help when I go and delete all the picture I don't want.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Could someone make a better Bowser Jr. icon? lt would be nice to have a better one.

Edit: you know what, let me just request the following:
Bowser Jr. with this picture: http://media.tumblr.com/e192914c53512adbd16b33bfda547510/tumblr_inline_mlqv9fL89o1qz4rgp.png
Blue Toad/Toad with this picture: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120205135560/fantendo/images/3/34/Blue_Toad_SM3DW.png
Meta Knight with this picture: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111002085713/kirby/en/images/f/f0/KRtDL_Meta_Knight.png
Mewtwo with this picture: http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/254/5/2/mewtwo_3d_by_bryansvt92-d49ll7t.png
Mii (because white lines in the one we have) with this picture: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/_...mages/archive/a/a2/20110619215921!MaleMii.png
Little Mac with this picture: http://www.6aming.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Little-Mac.jpg

I know it's a lot of work, but I'd love for someone to do it for me :)

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I won't able to do any requests, since I have no access to a computer. But can someone make a Tetromino icon for me? Thread.
Didn't know Which one so I Made everyone

Can someone please make an icon for Neku and Shiki as a team?

Still waiting on this. Sorry for impatience.

Can someone PLEASE make me an HD Toon Link, an HD tetra/Toon Zelda, A tropical freeze Diddy Kong, and Luigi using his design from the new smash game!
P.S. I have pictures of all hese characters higher on the page.

EDIT: I found all the icons I wanted except Luigi and Diddy in Gibdo Knights Icons on page 5

Does somebody want to do an icon of Awakening Ike?

Could someone make a better Bowser Jr. icon? lt would be nice to have a better one.
The other two I made before You edited the post

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Can I have an one of Black Mage, Monk, and Warrior from Final Fantasy 1 all in one pic and make the name "Heroes"

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Didn't know Which one so I Made everyone

The other two I made before You edited the post

gibdoknight fry.jpg

Thanks for the icons, but i have but one more request. Make the Toon Zelda/Tetra one again but without the split screen, just with Tetra behind Toon Zelda.

Top Bottom