• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

lightdasher

Smash Lord
A small question that's been most likely asked before, but how do you add characters to the folder? I dumped a Chorus Man icon into the folder and followed the naming procedure that the other icons had, but the maker didn't recognize it.
Did you click the add custom icons button under File?

Also make sure it's Icon and not icon, case sensitive.

Jakor

Smash Ace
The update for the version 9.0 is now available! You can download it using the "Check for updates" button in the "?" menu.

Version 7 or higher of Java is required before doing the update.

As always, doing a backup of your folder (especially your "dat" file and your "images" folder is highly recommend in case something goes wrong.)

EDIT: Let me know as soon as possible if the update doesn't work as it should or you notice something wrong.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The update for the version 9.0 is now available! You can download it using the "Check for updates" button in the "?" menu.

Version 7 or higher of Java is required before doing the update.

As always, doing a backup of your folder (especially your "dat" file and your "images" folder is highly recommend in case something goes wrong.)

EDIT: Let me know as soon as possible if the update doesn't work as it should or you notice something wrong.
i got the update

changelog looks good.

when the link on your thing for 9.0 is avaible let me know.

(I said I got it I just want to download it again just in case.)

Jakor

Smash Ace
i got the update

changelog looks good.

when the link on your thing for 9.0 is avaible let me know.

(I said I got it I just want to download it again just in case.)
I updated the link on the front page. You might check there.

Here is a list of the main new features in the version 9.0:
  • Added a button named "Manage series..." to the "File" menu. The options to add or remove custom franchises will now be in this window. It is also now possible to reorder the series to change the order in which they appear in the program by default.
  • Added a number that shows the number of the currently selected icon for a character in the list if it has more than one.
  • Added the option to sort the saved rosters by last date modified, or simply alphabetically as before.
And of course, many changes related to the icons and the series.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I updated the link on the front page. You might check there.

Here is a list of the main new features in the version 9.0:
  • Added a button named "Manage series..." to the "File" menu. The options to add or remove custom franchises will now be in this window. It is also now possible to reorder the series to change the order in which they appear in the program by default.
  • Added a number that shows the number of the currently selected icon for a character in the list if it has more than one.
  • Added the option to sort the saved rosters by last date modified, or simply alphabetically as before.
And of course, many changes related to the icons and the series.
Thanks i just addd it keep up the great work on this program.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Here. I made a transparent background version of the Mr. Game & Watch from the Pac-Man trailer.
Can someone make an icon of it? I'm sure a lot of people want this one.

Screen Shot 2014-06-13 at 10.50.18 PM.png

AC_Wesley

Smash Rookie
NNID
AC_Wesley
3DS FC
3668-8575-8298
Could anybody please do these ones?

Epic Mickey

Agnes

Validar
Validar.png

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Hey, @ Jakor Jakor thanks for the version 9.0! I went ahead and updated it, but today I can't open it up for some reason. I have tried both the application and the jar and neither of them open. Should I reinstall 9.0 from scratch?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm doing a huge batch of icons, so I'll update them here a bit later!

EDIT: These are mainly requests I found in the thread. There's a bunch I'm doing, but I can't tag everybody whose icons I made.

Veterans:

Newcomers:

Third-Parties:

Others:

Last edited:

Jakor

Smash Ace
So, the update is working correctly for most people? If you ever notice something unusual
Hey, @ Jakor Jakor thanks for the version 9.0! I went ahead and updated it, but today I can't open it up for some reason. I have tried both the application and the jar and neither of them open. Should I reinstall 9.0 from scratch?
This seems weird. If it was working after the update then I don't know why it wouldn't later on. Make sure you have Java 7 or higher installed on your computer. You could also try using the "rosterMakerOriginal.dat" by renaming it "rosterMaker",dat file. This is the database used by the program. You will lose all of your custom rosters and any modification you made to the characters that way though.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm doing a huge batch of icons, so I'll update them here a bit later!

EDIT: These are mainly requests I found in the thread. There's a bunch I'm doing, but I can't tag everybody whose icons I made.

Veterans:

Newcomers:

Third-Parties:

Others:
Can you zoom in on Game & Watch's head a bit more?
Just so it is very close to the pre-exiting Game & Watch icons.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Here's a better, transparent pic of Shovel Knight for those interested in making an icon for him.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Here's a better, transparent pic of Shovel Knight for those interested in making an icon for him.
Oh thank you. This makes it a lot easier for me.

Also, I updated my old post with some new icons.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I... Just...Did? I did not have the names, and I EDITED THEM ON!
If you know how, then there was no reason to double post. Double posting is extremely frowned upon here. Just edit your other post or wait for someone else to post.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
So, the update is working correctly for most people? If you ever notice something unusual

This seems weird. If it was working after the update then I don't know why it wouldn't later on. Make sure you have Java 7 or higher installed on your computer. You could also try using the "rosterMakerOriginal.dat" by renaming it "rosterMaker",dat file. This is the database used by the program. You will lose all of your custom rosters and any modification you made to the characters that way though.
Thanks, Jakor. I reinstalled Java and now it's working again.

taoxadasa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
taoxadasa
3DS FC
2251-5157-5936
So Jakor, I got a question/request. Would it be possible at all for a new feature where you press a button and you get a random icon added to the roster? It's not necessary at all but I think it could be fun for joke rosters and stuff like that.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Why is everyone picking on me?
They're not trying to be mean. They're just trying to help you out, seeing as you're new. Double posting and triple posting is against the board rules, so when they saw you doing those things, they were letting you know to just edit the post with the new content or wait until someone else has posted. That way, you know for the future and don't have to be reminded by a mod or get an infraction.

Oh, and @ Jakor Jakor one note I want to make is that the demo CSS uses the name Olimar, rather than Pikmin and Olimar that's loaded in the Wii U/3DS roster. Could you change it to just Olimar for the next update?

Last edited:
Top Bottom